• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Timeline

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xStarSeekerx

BBS

KHI

Chain of memories
Days ~ intertwined with chain of memories a little

KHII

Re:coded

3D

Fallen Prince

If it will help people keep up with the series, then I'd be happy to do it, especially since writing happens to be one of my strengths. Also, I originally started the timeline so I could have a better understanding of the order of KH events for my fanfictions. I got so sick of working through the chronology of the events in the Ansem reports over and over again that I just decided to write down the order of events. And then it grew...

But I did most of the writing as I watched BbS' cutscenes online (which I would have done any way), so it's not like I wasted a huge amount of time.

Also, it's not so much a timeline as a summary of all the events in the series. But since it's all in chronological order, it definitely functions as a very accurate timeline.

I've seen you post a lot, how has no one given you an award for this stuff? you should have one.

Grey

That's not the same as name them a successor.

What happened, then? I know she's not the "true" successor, but I'm a little confused on how Kairi was able to use the Destiny's Embrace Keyblade.

(Assuming that new Keychains are created from memories and/or connections with others,) Aqua's Destiny's Embrace key was created due to her connection with Kairi. Was it that same connection that let Kairi use that key in TWTNW?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
One could say it was Riku's connection to Kairi that made the Destiny Embrace in TWTNW, since it was, after all, his Keyblade.

Successor though is something different, that's choosing who will take your place in that particular world. Master Eraqus was chosen as a successor over MX, but that doesn't mean MX wasn't a Master. He was, he just wasn't chosen as the successor for Land of Departure, so he was tasked with finding his own apprentice.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
That's not the same as name them a successor.

No, but regardless, Kairi was able to wield a Keyblade years later. So, it's like you say later - she's not technically a master, but when or if she embraces her Keyblade wielding powers in the future, she'll have to find her own apprentices in the future. But that's a long way off, and big speculation on my part.

Nevertheless, Kairi was able to use Aqua's keychain in a Keyblade years later, so she unofficially did inherit the Keyblade - maybe not neccesarily become the succesor to Aqua. Aqua is still able to use a Keyblade, but she doesn't have it anymore. So currently, Kairi fills the position of acting "Aqua" in the universe - Kairi wields that Keyblade for now.

Again, big speculation, as I'm not completely sure, but I think I have the idea of what's going on.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
No, but regardless, Kairi was able to wield a Keyblade years later. So, it's like you say later - she's not technically a master, but when or if she embraces her Keyblade wielding powers in the future, she'll have to find her own apprentices in the future. But that's a long way off, and big speculation on my part.

not technically a master, none of them are masters the only master left in existence is aqua.

Nevertheless, Kairi was able to use Aqua's keychain in a Keyblade years later, so she unofficially did inherit the Keyblade - maybe not neccesarily become the succesor to Aqua. Aqua is still able to use a Keyblade, but she doesn't have it anymore. So currently, Kairi fills the position of acting "Aqua" in the universe - Kairi wields that Keyblade for now.

kairi using the keyblade that aqus left behind proably intill she releses her own makes sense since aqua is not gonna give up eaqus keyblade it means more to her. the keyblade itslef will proably recognize her, since they are somwhat alve

Again, big speculation, as I'm not completely sure, but I think I have the idea of what's going on.

it seem that any kairi and keyblade maatter onher part wont be reslove or even touched upon untill after kh3ds which means 2012

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Except she doesn't... Kairi doesn't have a Keyblade of her own, at all. She was using Riku's Keyblade in KH2, and after that, she lost it.

Key of Valor

The Professor
HeartSeams said:
Except she doesn't... Kairi doesn't have a Keyblade of her own, at all. She was using Riku's Keyblade in KH2, and after that, she lost it.

Where was this confirmed?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Where was this confirmed?
The game itself makes it pretty clear that Kairi was just borrowing a Keyblade (it disappears after that scene, when Xemnas talks about the Keyblade he only mentions SRM, she doesn't pull out the Keyblade again, etc.)

And then of course there is this Nomura line:
—Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade “Way to Dawn” that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has, as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?
NOMURA:
There isn’t necessarily one Keyblade for the Dark side and one for the Light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, “Those with strong hearts” is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku’s “Way to the Dawn” and Kairi’s Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora’s. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi. When there isn’t a normal process of acquisition, I think it’s ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

Key of Valor

The Professor
HeartSeams said:
The game itself makes it pretty clear that Kairi was just borrowing a Keyblade (it disappears after that scene, when Xemnas talks about the Keyblade he only mentions SRM, she doesn't pull out the Keyblade again, etc.)

And then of course there is this Nomura line:

If Riku did retain possession of the Keyblade, then one must question why he doesn't us it for himself at any point. Personally, I still believe that Kairi does indeed still possess that Keyblade, despite the lack of opportunities she had to use it in battle.

As for that segment in Another Report, it doesn't say anything about Kairi's Keyblade except that Riku is the one who handed it to her and that there may be some deeper meaning to her acquisition of it.

Grey

I think, while Kairi was not named a successor, Aqua's blessing sort of gave her the ability to at least hold a Keyblade, if she isn't a true Keyblade wielder.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
If Riku did retain possession of the Keyblade, then one must question why he doesn't us it for himself at any point.
Probably because it's girly as hell.
Also, he was dual wielding at the time, and after that, XH is purged from his system, so it makes sense that he couldn't use it again.

Personally, I still believe that Kairi does indeed still possess that Keyblade, despite the lack of opportunities she had to use it in battle.
She doesn't, that's why everyone convenient leaves her out of things. Kairi can wield a Keyblade, but a Keyblade hasn't chosen her yet.

As for that segment in Another Report, it doesn't say anything about Kairi's Keyblade except that Riku is the one who handed it to her and that there may be some deeper meaning to her acquisition of it.
It says that Riku handed her his Keyblade, essentially. Which is why it's actually Riku's Keyblade, not Kairi's.

Key of Valor

The Professor
HeartSeams said:
She doesn't, that's why everyone convenient leaves her out of things. Kairi can wield a Keyblade, but a Keyblade hasn't chosen her yet.

The last time Sora met up with a defenseless damsel in distress while inside a Nobody controlled castle, he left said damsel behind as he and the gang went deeper into the castle to finish off the Organization members left in the fortress... so it's a bit odd that Sora and the gang brought Kairi along with them as they went on to face the last Organization members in KH2. It suggests to me that they brought Kairi along partly because she gained the ability to fight by gaining possession of a Keyblade, and therefore was not defenseless or useless in combat.

HeartSeams said:
It says that Riku handed her his Keyblade, essentially. Which is why it's actually Riku's Keyblade, not Kairi's.

It says that Riku handed "Kairi's Keyblade" to Kairi.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The last time Sora met up with a defenseless damsel in distress while inside a Nobody controlled castle, he left said damsel behind as he and the gang went deeper into the castle to finish off the Organization members left in the fortress... so it's a bit odd that Sora and the gang brought Kairi along with them as they went on to face the last Organization members in KH2. It suggests to me that they brought Kairi along partly because she gained the ability to fight by gaining possession of a Keyblade, and therefore was not defenseless or useless in combat.
It makes way more sense for them to bring her with them than leave her behind regardless of her ability to fight or not. And she didn't have a Keyblade then anyway.

It says that Riku handed "Kairi's Keyblade" to Kairi.
Look closer, it says that there is no explanation for Soul Eater turning into the Way to Dawn, and Riku handing it to Kairi. Which means, Riku's Keyblade was what he handed to her.

Key of Valor

The Professor
HeartSeams said:
It makes way more sense for them to bring her with them than leave her behind regardless of her ability to fight or not. And she didn't have a Keyblade then anyway.

They left Namine behind in CoM. In hindsight, that was a bad idea since she ended being kidnapped... but Sora didn't remember that, so how could he learn from that mistake? My point is, why leave Namine in CoM but bring Kairi along in KH2? Something must be different.

And Kairi never got a chance to use the Keyblade... due to each scene conveniently keeping her away from the fight.

HeartSeams said:
Look closer, it says that there is no explanation for Soul Eater turning into the Way to Dawn, and Riku handing it to Kairi. Which means, Riku's Keyblade was what he handed to her.

Speaking strictly in terms of the English language, if you're claiming that "it" is referencing a noun featured in the same sentence, then the "Soul Eater" is the one that makes the most sense... However, it is clear that Riku did not hand the Soul Eater to Kairi, so "it" probably refers to a noun not featured in the sentence. Based off other languages I have become acquainted with, there is a rare sentence structure in which the first sentence discusses two different subjects and then the second sentence is split up in two parts with each part discussing one of the subjects from the previous sentence (often in the order the subject appears in the first sentence).

For example:

Another Report said:
—Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade “Way to Dawn” that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has, as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?
NOMURA:
There isn’t necessarily one Keyblade for the Dark side and one for the Light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, “Those with strong hearts” is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku’s “Way to the Dawn” and Kairi’s Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora’s. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi. When there isn’t a normal process of acquisition, I think it’s ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

I don't recall ever seeing this type of sentence structuring in English, but since Another Report is a translation anyways, I believe that this sentence structure is present in that segment of another Report, which may mean that "it" simply refers to Kairi's Keyblade and is unrelated to the statements made about Riku's Ways to Dawn.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
And Kairi never got a chance to use the Keyblade... due to each scene conveniently keeping her away from the fight.
You seem pretty insistent on not accepting that Kairi doesn't have a Keyblade of her own, so, this discussion is kind of pointless. No one in canon treats her like a wielder because she isn't a wielder. She was handed a Keyblade by Riku and she never uses it again. She can't summon one, which means, she doesn't have one of her own. A Keyblade hasn't chosen her. It's obvious, just looking at how the scenes following it transpired as well as considering things like the BBS and Re:Coded Secret Endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back