• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I

The Show Must Go On
OMG OMG OMG! GET THE THREAD OFF THE SECOND PAGE! IT'S DYING! *bump*

Lol, Hai Snowy ^.^

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Soo many characters, question is it difficult trying to keep up with all the characters (like do you forget to add characters to a chapter?) or do you have to write all the characters down and stuff like that? Because if I had to remember characters like that I would die o_O

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
^ It's surprisingly easy... Once you've worked out their personality, and their looks, then they're kinda... I don't know, memorable ^.^

HAI KYA! *glomp* Thank you for keeping the fic alive <3

T'will be up tomorrow night, apologies... I have two exams tomorrow.

<3

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Curse you exams! Now, we must wait until the next awesome chapter will be up ;_; I-I need some time alone *goes to corner*

Zceith

Yeah, you're right giuocob, it's easily the best out of the ones I've read. Anyway, be sure to get that chapter up tommorow night! I only found this yesterday, so I'm only on chapter 16... lol. I gotta start catching up!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
*squee* Thanks so much, giuocob ^.^ <3

Nice to see you here, Zceith! :3 Thanks a lot!

Chapter Sixty-Four

By now, the afternoon was well under way, the sunshine smiling down upon the world from above, sending gentle streams of pure light towards the shining waters. The white reflection shone upon all around it, wobbling in distorted shapes against azure tree trunks, dancing over reeds and bulrushes. All was quiet, and tranquil, with only the languid buzz of insects, and the cheerful chirping of the tiny songbirds to break the golden silence. The water coolly ebbed and flowed with movement, wrapping itself around legs, swathing with each step.

All were deathly silent, marching one after another within an ominous presence; somehow, sending the once-beautiful, wondrous land into an eerie state of melancholy.

The sunlight seemed to cool at this thought; with its demise, too, disappeared the light, the dancing reflections, the happy insects, and the pleasant birdsong. The waters became icy all of a sudden, the reeds razor-sharp against skin, the rustling of blue trees the only sounds.

It had been silent for a while, now; upon Meiji’s death, Sora wasted no time in eliminating Ryu. This task was almost too easy for the man - Sora tricked him with his agility, before beating him into submission. Both - heartless, to no great surprise - were gone.

Riku trudged along, heaving a sigh as he stole a glance at Imari over his shoulder. She lagged behind, silent, the baby held tightly in her grasp - almost searching for reassurance. He was not sure of what to say, to be honest. While she appeared sorrowful and angered - as to be expected with the loss of a loved one - Riku could not help feeling that this anger and sadness had come about at his own hands. Not wanting to inflame the situation further, he simply remained silent; both out of respect, and not wanting to put a foot wrong with her so soon. The others did not speak, either; not even to offer condolences, or even chatter amongst themselves.

Riku felt terrible for what he’d done. Defeating Meiji was the right thing to do, he knew, but he hadn’t anticipated that Imari would be this upset. Riku knew his actions were justified; after all, Meiji had not only lied to his entire family, but he’d threatened to kill their baby. He knew that Imari understood, too, but also knew that it would pain her to see her brother die at his hands. Riku hated the thought of hurting her in such a way.

He wanted nothing more than to hold her, let her know that everything would be fine. But, he doubted everything would be fine right away. Usually, he was the one to reassure her - yet, this time, he knew he could not. A smile at her was all he could muster, yet it did not seem to be enough.

Imari’s soulful brown eyes found the glimmering waters as she walked, her pace slow, and lagging. Her face was soaked with tears; both the trails of those that had passed, and new ones, making new tracks over her white skin. Her arms trembled slightly, curled around Taiko as she held him, his body close to her chest. His breathing was soft as he slept, carefree, and happy. She only wished she could be so carefree, too.

It was not as though she was mad at Riku; far from it. Part of her wanted to thank him. She just felt disappointed, and frustrated - with Meiji‘s behaviour.

I wish we could have changed his mind,” she thought to herself, letting her fingers stray through Taiko’s silver hair. “We tried, but he just wouldn’t listen…

She felt a tear roll down her warm cheek, and a sob escape her quivering lips.

Riku felt a shiver down his spine with her cry, stopping in his tracks. He couldn’t just keep walking when she was crying. Turning to look at her with a heartbroken smile, his blue eyes found hers, streaming with tears. His movements were jerky, and awkward, but he fumblingly took her into his arms, wrapping himself around her and the baby. Letting her head nestle into his shoulder, he kissed her forehead.

“I’m… sorry,” Riku mumbled, unsure of what else he could say to comfort her. He tilted his gaze down to the crown of her head, slightly drawing away so that he could see her face. She shook her head softly, before looking up to him, her eyes teary and deep.

“It’s fine,” she whispered, her tone full of a fearful cheer - clearly dissembling. Riku shook his head sadly, feeling the guilt knot his stomach.

“It’s not,” he sighed, “I - I shouldn’t have snapped like that at him, if I’d kept my temper, then maybe…” She shushed him gently, breathing a longing sigh as her eyes found his chest.

“It’s not that,” she whispered, understanding how Riku was feeling. “I don’t blame you, Riku.” His eyes widened slightly, his hand wiping a tear from her cheek. He was surprised to hear this. “The man you killed… that wasn’t Meiji.”

“It wasn’t?” Riku repeated, taking her literally. She couldn’t stop a small smile at this point, shaking her head as her fingers wandered Taiko’s sleeping face.

“He wasn’t the man I remembered,” she said softly. “The man I remembered was kind, and brave. He was loving. He wouldn’t do anything like threaten a child; he didn’t have it in him.” She smiled as she saw Taiko’s expression change, before her own face fell. Riku sighed, gently rubbing her back.

“They probably changed him beyond all recognition,” Riku suggested softly, “those people are very manipulative… I wouldn’t be shocked if he was brainwashed.” She nodded slowly, knowing he was right.

“I guess,” she whispered, “I just wish we could have done something to get him back.”

Riku did not respond, simply wrapping one, reassuring arm about her shoulders as they continued to walk. The others had waited a short distance away, and now were continuing through the trees. Imari wouldn’t be back to normal for a while, but the most Riku could do was be there for her.

Strangely, as they walked, the ground began to slope upwards with a gentle curve, and with each step, the waters seemed to become more shallow. Soon enough, the ground sloped out of the waters completely, and they walked bare-foot upon emerald grass, sparkling with droplets of water. Leading the way, Ikawa smiled, looking over his shoulder as the others followed him.

“We’re almost there,” he said quietly, giving them a thumbs-up with his huge hand.

Sora nodded, remembering this; once they reached the crest of the hill, there’d be a way to climb down. They were closer to Deorca Obscuros than ever before; and there was no going back. He felt anxiety niggling away in his chest, but his heart told him to remain strong. If they didn’t stop Loki; no-one could.

He breathed a long breath as they reached the top, bracing himself as they all gathered around the opening. The grass peeked over the sides of it. It was around two metres in diameter, with small, rocky outcrops down the sides. That was how they’d be climbing.

“This is it?” Donald asked, folding his arms. “We’re gonna have ta climb down?” Ikawa nodded, as his eyes found Sora.

“Got it,” he said. “Want me to go first?”

The others nodded, watching as he got down onto the ground. This would have been impossible in his earlier state. It seemed to be a tight squeeze as he carefully began to edge his way down into the unknown. He looked back up at them.

“Come on,” he willed them, gesturing for them to follow him.

Sora nodded, agreeing to follow next. Then, one by one, they followed, until only Riku and Imari were left. Imari looked to him, questioning.

“We can’t climb down with him,” she said softly. Riku thought for a few moments, before removing his backpack. “What are you - ”

After a minute, she understood. Riku rearranged the contents of the backpack, so that all of the softer items - pillows, and blankets - were at the top. He gestured at her to give him the baby.

“I’m not sure this is a good idea,” he said, taking the baby into his arms, “but it’s the best we have.” Carefully, he settled Taiko into the backpack. He did not stir at all, lying asleep, wrapped up in his blanket. Riku smiled, before looking up to her. “After you.”

She nodded softly; before following his wishes. Climbing down into this hole seemed daunting, but the others seemed to be fine. Although she could not see them in the darkness, she heard them, and so knew that it could not be too hard. Her fingers leaving the grassy edge, she began to climb down. Her hands met stone; again, and again, as she heaved herself further down. The walls were slightly damp, and there was a dank, muddy smell; almost like that of a rainy, miserable spring day.

It took ten minutes of careful, edging movement as they moved further and further underground, but soon, a light began to emerge from below.

Imari’s feet finally touched the bottom. Looking forward, the sight was awe-inspiring.

Solid, clear blue crystals were the walls, shimmering and shining with reflected light. A short distance away stood the portal, lighting the entire cavern with the beautiful glow. She wandered absent-mindedly, trailing her fingers over the cool crystal as she went. The others were similarly amazed; all admiring the beauteous, spectacular forms. Riku joined them, the baby now in his arms; seemingly unaffected by the journey. Ikawa smiled, looking to all of them; but then his face fell.

“It’s time,” he said ominously, his words echoing with the song of the crystal. “All ready?”

Sora smiled confidently, giving a single, reliable nod.

“You bet!” he replied, eager to go, stepping forward.

“You sure?” a voice purr. Ikawa shuddered, looking around for the source of this noise. He knew exactly who it was.

“Where the hell are ya, Sable?” he roared, fists clenched as he whirled around, looking for her in amongst the strange, fantastical forms. “Show yourself!”

There was a purred laugh, before Sable faded into view, standing right in front of Sora. He jumped back slightly, even summoning the Keyblade - his reflexes were astounding. Sable laughed at him, her gleaming white fangs flashing as she looked to him. Her black eyes scanned the group, before settling on Riku, the baby held in his arms.

“Nice to see you again, Riku,” she smiled softly, eyes narrow. Teasingly, she continued. “How’s the baby?”

“He’s fine,” Riku scowled, remembering the last time he saw the girl. He was not prepared to give her even the slightest chance to steal their baby away; and so held him with tight arms, refusing to let her closer.

“Wonderful,” she smiled, “babies are such precious gifts.” Then, she turned, looking at Ikawa. He seemed to draw away from her, which was unusual to the others. Sable was tiny! She stood no chance against a huge man like himself! “You’re alive, Ikawa?”

“You’re damn right!” he roared. “No thanks to you.” She smiled, rubbing herself upon a large piece of crystal. “Why are you here?”

“I thought I’d do you all a favour,” she scowled, playing with her black hair, grooming herself as a proud cat. Her black eyes found Imari and Riku. “I hope you know, the others shall not go easy on you, simply because you have a baby. Got it?” Riku nodded sternly. “Good.”

“Gonna go back and tell Loki?” Ikawa hissed from behind. She nodded eagerly. “Nothin’s changed.”

With that, she was gone, as abruptly as she appeared. Ikawa grumbled, before gesturing to the portal once more.

“We should get going,” he announced, “Loki’s gonna be waitin’ for us.”

~*~*~*~*~

Loki stalked the dark corridor, restless. His bare feet pounded the tiled ground, his loose clothing swathing in contorted waves as he walked. His hair rose and fell from his giant shoulders, his ebony eyes scanning the area around him. Passing a window, he paused a moment, watching the white snowflakes fall down from the black beyond. It had snowed much in those past few hours. The thunder and lightning had ceased, but the snow continued to drift along towards the sleeping earth.

Turning his back, he then continued along, arms at his sides, giant hands clenched into giant fists.

All was silent and still, no-one else was wandering at this hour. Earlier, he’d passed a number of members; all of whom drew back at the sight of him, terrified of what he might attempt - remembering Audax, Rue, and a number of others who’d been attacked. Loki smirked at the thought of this, holding his head high. But, there was another issue on his mind.

It was becoming more and more difficult to resist her. Sable. Each time he saw her, she seemed to be more alluring; her feline charm irresistible to him, it was impossible to ignore the girl. Just being around her wasn’t enough for him any longer. He wanted to hold her once more. Part of him wished he had not succumbed to his own megalomania; after explaining his reluctance to her, he was ashamed to explain he’d changed his mind. Not because he thought she’d refuse him; but because of his own ego - he couldn’t bear to tell her he was wrong about something.

His feet soon met warm carpet, as he padded gently down the staircase, as some sort of predator, stalking the night. His feet found cold tile again as he reached the bottom of the stairs, and he stood silent before the front doors. Thinking better of going out - after all, the Keybearer could appear at any time - he turned in direction, wandering through the downstairs rooms before finding the back doors, that led out into the courtyard.

Just as expected, Orexein lurked there, his silhouetted fingers releasing a gentle wisp into the snowy night air.

“Loki,” the familiar voice greeted him, before he was given the chance to announce himself.

“Good evening,” Loki replied, trying to suppress the troubled growl in his gravely tones. He felt a cold shiver run up his spine as he took his first step onto the snowy ground. Ignoring it, he moved closer to Orexein, so that they stood side by side. Snow began to dust his shoulders, and his hair.

“Any reason you’re out here?” Orexein smirked, letting the finished cigarette sizzle through the thick layer of snow that coated the ground.

“Not in particular,” Loki muttered. He smiled. “I wasn’t planning on coming out here, I am barefoot.” Orexein raised an eyebrow.

“I see,” he said, voice devoid of tone. He then took another cigarette. “What’s wrong this time?”

Loki furrowed his brow; unsure of how Orexein knew something was up.

“How did you know?” he asked. “I tried to keep my cool. And I think I masked my anger rather well.” Orexein smiled to himself as he lit the cigarette, breathing a large cloud of grey smoke.

“I wasn’t planning on coming out here, I am barefoot,” he repeated. He smirked at the man. “It’s not like you to ramble on in such a manner. Usually, if you have nothing to discuss, you merely stand here, instead of making such nonsensical small talk.”

“Am I that predictable?” Loki smiled, before his expression fell into a sour frown. Orexein nodded.

“Alright then,” he smiled, “let me guess what’s wrong.” He thought for a few moments, lines appearing on his aged face as he ran through the options, sensing Loki’s mood. “It’s not Mikado. Nor is it nerves.”

“Warm,” Loki joked, keeping the frown on his face.

“Nerves was a good guess, I suppose,” Orexein mused, taking another breath from his cigarette. It was then ejected with a hacking cough, met with a slap on the back from Loki. “Thank you.” He thought for a few more moments. “It is not Sable, is it?”

Loki’s sigh was all Orexein needed to hear.

“What now?” Orexein asked, his brow furrowed. He suddenly stopped, feeling another presence approaching. Strangely, he was met with an overwhelming feeling of déjà vu. “She’s coming.”

This is written so badly D: One of those things where, I knew what I wanted to say, but couldn’t put it into words… Apologies, again, for the lateness/crappiness. Blame the exams. =( Study leave begins soon, so there should hopefully be more time for writing. I promise none will be as craptacular as this one… so far, the next one is waaaay better. It’ll be up ASAP, I seriously want to make up for this trash…

Argh, I hate this! Words can’t describe my contempt for this one, it’s just bland, unexplained, bare, and… *tears hair out*

<3 <3

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Behavior is spelt with a u I never knew.. ;_; oh and great chappy didn't think it was so so late, or crappy ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back