• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I

The Show Must Go On
Lol, Liv, agreed very much so... And I am so not a fangirl X.x... okay, perhaps a Loki fangirl...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Yay for fangirl Kya XD

Chapter Sixty-One

Imari’s eyes widened, horrified.

“What?” she asked softly, her hair all over the place. This certainly was a rude awakening. “Meiji, we went over this. You lied to our family. You left them all alone. And you separated others, just like what happened to father and I.” Meiji frowned deeply, holding a sword at his side. He seemed indifferent to her pleading.

“This is between Riku and I,” he scowled angrily. “Keep out of the way, Imari. I shall speak with you once I am finished.” He raised his sword, as if challenging Riku. Imari noticed, and tried to keep them apart.

“Finished doing what?” Riku asked. He did not like where this was heading, it seemed.

“Did you, or did you not propose to her?” he asked coldly, ignoring the question. His eyes burned deep into Riku’s. Without thinking - wondering why Meiji wanted to know so badly - he responded.

“Yes,” he replied proudly. “And she accepted.” Meiji’s scowl deepened as he eyed Imari’s left hand, and the glimmer of silver upon her slender finger.

“Loki was right,” he hissed, tone becoming more enraged with each passing moment, “he was right all along.” He narrowed his eyes, looking to Riku with a growl. “In that case, you leave me no choice.” He advanced slowly, steps swathing in the waters. The atmosphere became instantly ominous.

“W-what?” Imari whispered, eyeing Meiji’s hand, grasping the hilt of his sword firmly. She moved from Riku’s side in a panic, knowing what he was about to do. “Meiji, no, don’t do this.” He narrowed his eyes, stopping as she moved towards him.

“You shut up,” Meiji roared, his rage bubbling up from inside. “He has stolen you away from me, and you cannot even see it. He knows what he has done, but you are blind to it - you need someone to lead the way.” He glared at Riku. “Certainly not him. You need me to guide you.”

“To guide her?” Riku said, brow furrowing. “She’s a grown woman. You can’t tell her what to do her whole life.”

“Of course I can’t,” Meiji retorted, “but I can protect her. I’m her big brother.”

“Riku can protect me!” she protested, beginning to quiver. “You’re my brother, Meiji! Regardless of what you’ve done, you’ll always be my brother. Riku can’t change that. Yeah, he’ll be mad for what you did to him, but he can’t change what goes on between us!”

“He would if he could,” Meiji growled, scornful. He then looked down to her with a superior gaze, scoffing at her. He was tiring of these empty words, wanted to get down to business. “Move, while I get rid of him for good. He‘s done enough to separate us.”

Imari widened her eyes, feeling a pang of intense fear. Meiji wasn’t going to kill Riku, was he? She could not allow it, deciding she’d do anything in her power to stop the fray.

“No,” she said aloud, trying to keep in front of him. She wouldn’t let him near Riku, knowing the intentions. At this point, it was clear who she had sided with - and it sure wasn’t her brother, much to his agitated dismay. He tried to dart past her, but she moved quickly, too, appearing before him before he could pass. This occurred a number of times, and each time, she was met with an enraged grunt - loudest of all when she grabbed his wrists to intervene. “Meiji, don’t!”

“Out of my way!” he roared, and in a blurred movement, his fist struck her to the ground. She fell to the waters with a cry.

“Imari!” Riku shouted, falling to her side in an instant. Ignoring Meiji, he looked her up and down, trying to find injury - or, at least, where she’d been struck. His eyes found her pinking cheek, tender hands cradling her face. Raising her to her feet, he stood in front of her protectively with a scowl. “And you say you want to protect her?!”

“Imari…” Meiji was overcome with guilt. “I didn’t mean… I was supposed to… I meant to hurt Riku.”

“That’s just as bad,” she said weakly, her voice sour instead of her usual sweet tones. “Riku didn’t do a thing to you, Meiji.” Her eyes were at her feet, filling with tears - yet, she did not want them to see her cry. “He has reason to hate you, yet, he doesn’t do anything about it. You’re against him for no reason at all.” Tremulously, she held her hands to her face, her diamond tears collecting in the sorrowful hollow of her delicate hands.

Riku stepped forward, brows becoming furrowed with anger, his rage scratching lines of intensity in his entire expression. His fist curled tighter around the hilt of his sword, his body beginning to quiver as he tried to suppress his escalating rage. His heart ached to see Imari there, struck by Meiji’s indifference; his simple objectification of her, disregarding the way she felt for his own personal gain. Brother or no brother, there was no way Riku would allow anyone to hurt her - never mind lift a hand to her.

His footsteps echoed ominously with the swath of water, advancing towards Meiji, who gave a shout of anger.

“Nobody,” he growled, “lays a finger on her, Meiji. Got that?” Meiji growled back, filled with rage.

“It’s all your fault, anyway!” he shouted, not giving up his blind line of argument just yet. By now, it seemed that Meiji had forgotten why he was there - which was, of course, to retrieve Sora, not do battle with Riku. “Riku! Imari never would have turned against me, were it not for your meddling, your manipulation of my poor little sister.” He shouted, interrupting him.

“Your poor little sister,” Riku growled, repeating his words, “is crying, thanks to you.” He roared with anger. “Here comes Meiji, her caring big brother! Tell me, Meiji, just what the hell are you gonna top this off with, huh?! Some crap about me stealing her away?”

“Well, seeing as that’s what you did, Riku,” he snorted, “it seems I have no choice.”

“I have never, ever spoken out against you, Meiji,” Riku said, eyes narrowed deeply.

“Yes, you have,” Meiji retorted, being backed up against a tree. “What about back on Glace, when you tried to get my family to turn against me?”

“What?!” Riku shouted. “Meiji, there was reason, then. I was merely telling the truth to them! You’d been lying to them for so long, Meiji, they just had to know the truth about you!”

“It’s still speaking out against me,” he smirked, trying to be smart with him. It seemed he‘d somehow lost the great intelligence he once had, overcome with violent, blind madness. “Isn’t it?”

“That was different,” Riku scowled, silver hair in his eyes.

“Anyway, I bet you spoke out against me to Imari!” Meiji continued. “You told her all that came to pass with the New Generation. I bet you turned the story to suit yourself, eh? I bet you made me out to be a bad guy!”

“There’s no nice way of explaining what you did,” Riku growled, “you are a bad guy, and I’ve got scars to prove it. But do you want to know something, Meiji?” He stopped as Meiji nodded, eyes blazing. “I did not know that you were her brother until the moment I saw you back on Glace. Tell me, how the hell could I knowingly turn her against you if I didn’t even know you were related?”

Meiji’s eyes narrowed at the moment of realisation; unwilling to accept the truth.

“No,” he grunted, ignorant. His hands tightened around his hilt - Riku did not notice. “I don’t care, Riku. I’m going to finish what I started all those years ago! Give me my sister back!”

He thrust the silver blade forward with a shout - met with a bloodcurdling scream.

Frantic shouts swam through the rippling, ominous air, met with clashes of steel, screams, and the desperate cries of a child. It was all happening so fast; it was difficult to tell what had gone on.

At the last moment, Riku had dodged the blade, throwing himself down into the water to save himself. Terrified that the worst had happened, feeling her heart shatter, Imari screamed, tears flowing fast down her snowy cheeks. Re-emerging with a roar, Riku flung himself towards Meiji, the steel of their swords meeting in an intense clash. And now, they duelled in the crystal waters, each determined to finish the other off. Imari simply looked on in horror, crying her eyes out as they fought.

“Stop this!” she begged, being held back by Kairi. She cried loudly, unable to control her emotions, unable to keep her cries within. “Please, both of you, just try to understand…” Kairi tried to pull Imari back to the branches, keep her away from the fray - but, this was difficult, with Taiko in one arm.

“Sorry, Imari,” Riku grunted, standing tall as he threw one of Meiji’s attacks off, “I won’t let him get away with hurting you this way. It’s time he was taught a lesson for what he put you through.” Meiji lunged at him again, and he was forced to concentrate on the battle.

The swords collided with a metallic clang, scratching loudly as they slid together, each man putting their weight through the blade. Both were stood in the waters, feet firmly on the ground, trying to force the other back. Riku slipped slightly in the force, and stumbled - giving Meiji an opportunity. He cruelly sliced up with the sword - thankfully, just missing - before Riku tripped Meiji, sending him down into the dark depths of the waters.

Imari tremulously covered her glassy eyes, hearing only the chink of the steel as the blades met again, the thrashing of water as each threw their weight around. Taiko’s cries resonating through the looming trees, she trembled, unable to even move from her spot. Numb to the core, she couldn’t bear to watch them duel, did not want to see them pitted against one another. Listening was bad enough, hearing the roars as they fought, each one unwilling to back down, or accept compromise. Her hands quivered as she held them against her wet, tear-stained face, her hair snaking through her fingers, damp with her cries.

She didn’t want to think about the outcome of the battle. Both men would fight to the death, and only one would survive. Meiji had betrayed her, and her entire family - yet, after all he’d done, after the lying, the deception, and his hidden, ruthless side, she could not bear to see him die; especially not at Riku’s hands. She did not want to think of Riku as a murderer, either - if he won, the thought of Taiko in his arms would be gut-wrenching rather than heart-warming - and did not know what she’d do if Riku killed her brother. Although, similarly, she could not bear to think of her own brother as a murderer, even after he’d betrayed her so. Losing Riku was unthinkable; not here, not now. She needed him there, by her side - she loved him, as did their son.

If she was honest, she did not want either to win in this battle - although, the way she saw it, there would be no winner in a duel such as this one.

Kairi touched her arm gently, but Imari did not feel it, numbed to all that surrounded her. She saw nothing, simply heard the hideous battle as it went on. Her mind racing, a thought leapt to her consciousness. Sora. She turned, uncovering her teary eyes, shouting hysterically at the man.

“Stop them, Sora, get between them, please!” she begged, clasping her hands together. “Please, I don’t want them to die!”

Sora nodded, thinking similarly. While he would have cheered Riku on, urging him to win against Meiji, he understood that this would be unbearable to the fragile young woman. Leaping to his feet, he held the Keyblade high, before jumping into the fray. His feet thrashed through the waters, towards the duelling men.

“Hold on, Riku!” he shouted, trying to help.

All of a sudden, the waters shifted - it was Ryu. He was instantly there, too, his hulking figure looming before Sora, his hair swinging back and forth, blade held tightly in both hands. They’d forgotten about him, lurking in the shadows. Sora looked him up and down, afraid of the huge figure.

“You heard ‘em,” Ryu growled lowly, eyes narrowed into a threatening glare, “it’s between him an’ Riku. And unless ya wanna start somethin’ between us, I suggest that you back off. Let ‘em sort this themselves.”

Sora backed off for a moment, unsure of what to do. Starting another fight would not help the situation. Strangely, as he moved away, Ryu did, too. They both returned to the sidelines as the fight continued, all watching the fighting - along with a glimmer of black eyes, high in the twilight trees. Sable was watching, too.

“I’ll kill him, Imari!” Meiji yelled, blocking another of Riku’s lunges, before stabbing forward with his blade. “Then there’ll be nothing to stand in our way! You can bring Taiko back to Glace, with Mother, Grandmother, and I, and we’ll all be the family we once were!”

“You’ll never be the family you once were!” Riku retorted, throwing his weight at Meiji, striking him with impressive force. “You ruined that, Meiji!”

Meiji grunted, and they continued to fight. Each was well-defended against the other, neither willing to back down in the slightest. It seemed they were well-matched in combat, and that the winner would only be decided by a slip-up.

“Please,” she murmured amidst the clang of metal, the roars of angered men, the cries of her baby, and the crash of the waters. “Stop this, I don’t care if you’re fighting over me, just stop it!”

“I can‘t, Imari,” Riku said, flinging an arm to hurl Meiji away for a moment. “He‘ll kill me.”

Riku was right, Meiji was intent on murder. As much as he despised Meiji, as much as he wanted his revenge, he understood it would break her heart to see him win - or rather, to see him kill her brother. Now, he was simply defending himself, trying not to let his guard down - or, let his anger take over. If that happened, Meiji would be no more. Meiji’s green eyes blazed with angered intensity - perhaps, even insanity - his expression a foul, narrow scowl. Sweat beaded his furious face, his entire body trembling with violent rage. He wouldn’t stop fighting until blood was shed - whether his own, or Riku’s blood was not yet known.

“Still,” Riku suddenly growled, with a burst of energy, flinging Meiji back against a tree - creating a hideous thud, “I never did confront you about something.”

Ikawa’s eyes widened. He knew what Riku would say.

“What?” Meiji grunted, bringing himself back to his feet, a short distance away. His body ached after the impact. Riku glared at him, cold and - suddenly - unforgiving.

“I want an explanation,” Riku said, stood still in the now calming waters. His chest heaved, his breaths panting, his face filled with rage. “I want to know why the hell you sent your buddies to take my baby.”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Meiji said, devoid of all emotion. “Revenge, you fool. You stole something precious from me, therefore it is only right that I steal something precious from you.” It seemed he was entirely convinced that his heartless actions were the right thing to do.

Imari removed her hands from her eyes, her jaw hitting the floor in absolute horror - hearing it from someone else was one thing, but hearing it straight from Meiji’s mouth was another. She felt herself crumble inside, before holding her head high.

“You’re not my brother,” she shouted, running towards him. “Meiji was caring, he was kind, and a good man! You’re nothing like him at all!”

Riku held her arm, pulling her back as she cried, hysterically shouting at him - sadly, her words were becoming mumbled, croaked yelps, unable to speak. He drew her close to his chest with a single, protective arm.

“I can’t believe you,” Riku growled, feeling his anger burn inside. If Imari wasn’t in his arms, he’d have snapped by now. “You would take out your anger on an innocent baby?” Meiji nodded - Riku felt his insides knotting in frustration, his hands quaking with rage. “You’re sick. Wait ‘til I get my hands on you, you - ”

“I don’t know why you’re so angry,” Meiji interrupted with a smirk, strands of black hair falling over his eyes, “you brought this on yourself, Riku. You have no-one else to blame.” It seemed he was lost to some twisted insanity. Riku had reached his limit now - Imari could sense this, moving away. “Even if we’d managed to get the baby - ” Imari closed her eyes, bracing herself for the moment Riku would snap - “it would have been your own fault.”

Riku roared with absolute anger, throwing himself at Meiji in an instant - there was no way he could be forgiven now; and nor was there any chance of stopping him. Without the clash of steel, without a retaliating shout, it was over in a fleeting second.

Plunging the blade into Meiji’s chest, Riku then ripped his sword back, eyes narrowed as he watched Meiji clutching at himself in desperation. His blood seeped red into the water. It was over.

You’re lucky, the chapter before originally ended here:

He thrust the silver blade forward with a shout - met with a bloodcurdling scream.

Frantic shouts swam through the rippling, ominous air, met with clashes of steel, screams, and the desperate cries of a child. It was all happening so fast; it was difficult to tell what had gone on.

But that would have been the worst cliffy evarrrrr. And you guys never would have forgiven me. XD

Anyway, go Riku! Not sure about you guys, but I’m happy Riku got his revenge. It was hard to work things so that everything turned out okay-ish. I mean, if he’d killed Meiji outright, Imari would have been mad at him, but if Riku had been killed… okay, so you know I wouldn’t have done that! n_n But it was hard to get things just right.

Psst, Kya-chan! That “We Can Hear Your Pulse” song helped so much in writing this. Everyone thank Kya! <3

<3

giuocob

This is definitely the best battle scene you've made yet. You're getting better and better at this. Really, really well done!

Now, for my contribution to your exams:

If three men can dig a hole in five days, how many men will be needed to dig a hole three times as large in six days?

I

The Show Must Go On
OMG OMG OMG OMG! 'TWAS THE BEST FIGHT SCENE EVAR! IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD OF THE UNIVERSE! (btw, I would have loved that cliffy ^.~). Somehow, I'm sad for Meiji... he seemed like a good guy almost in the first KH:TFF... but now he's dead! Dead dead dead dead dead. Dead. But it was cool, so that makes everything better <3

Lol, I thank me for providing Snowy-chan with music, seeing as no one else has thanked me... (Lol, jk)

Now I wait patiently for more! Loki! <3 (Speaking of whom, he is probably going to be very very mad...)

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
zomfg that was the frikken best battle scene in the history of battle scenes. O.O

It was so awesome you gave me the inspiration to go write one. xDD

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Wow, everyone liked that battle scene? :3 *squee* That's so sweet! Thanks ~<3 (And if you don't mind my asking, what was good about it? Just for future reference, btw ~.^)

Thanks, Kya! Loki's in the next one <3

I know you wouldn't have forgiven me, Wolf. I had it all written out, then thought "Zomg, they'll kill me!" so I changed it. Thanks! ~<3

I inspired you, Oathy?! :O That could be one of the nicest things anyone's ever said about my fic... *glomp*

<3 <3

giuocob

Wow, everyone liked that battle scene? :3 *squee* That's so sweet! Thanks ~<3 (And if you don't mind my asking, what was good about it? Just for future reference, btw ~.^)

Hmm...I really don't know. I guess it just kind of flowed, their actions made sense with the environment...I'm not sure I can name exactly what made it good. It just came out that way.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Awww, well, thanks giuocob!

Update time! Gets a little graphic later on... yeah, it has Loki in it. XD

Chapter Sixty-Two

Sable’s footsteps echoed lightly along the cold, tiled corridor, skidding through the darkness as she frantically hurried up into the hall. Hammering upon the wooden door with a great force, she breathed heavily, recovering as she awaited permission to enter.

“What is it?” a voice called from within, seemingly annoyed at her sudden loud intrusion. After a moment’s thought, she understood the voice as was Orexein.

“It’s me!” Sable yelled, resting upon the door with an outstretched hand. Judging from the sound of his voice, she could tell he was quite far from the door - and so, she had to shout to be heard. “I just returned from Stallos Crystallum.”

A few moments passed, and she heard murmured speech. Part of her wondered just what they were up to.

“Alright,” Orexein called from within.

Without hesitation, she burst through the door, bare feet pattering over to the table.

As always, the room was almost entirely steeped in darkness, the weak light of a single, flickering candle outlining two familiar figures in the shadows. Experience told Sable that the standing figure was Orexein, while Loki sat silent at the head of the table, as always. She spoke as she approached.

“Meiji has fallen,” she said, her voice resonating in the shadows. Orexein let a small laugh escape his thin lips, before awaiting Loki’s reaction. Similarly, he smirked, giving a laugh. He leaned back in his chair, allowing his bare feet to rest upon the polished surface of the wooden table. He twined his fingers, allowing his chin to rest upon his knotted hands.

“Excellent,” he smiled, watching her as she hopped onto a chair, greeting Orexein softly. “But elaborate, please.” He smirked again, before speaking for himself and his friend. “We’re dying to hear what happened.”

“Riku was the one to do it,” she smiled, her fangs glimmering in the darkness, eyes alight with sick joy. Orexein laughed.

“I might have guessed,” he scoffed, hand finding his long, white locks, tumbling from his hood. “What happened?”

“I trailed Meiji and Ryu from the moment I left Deorca Obscuros,” she explained, pulling her legs beneath her body to sit cross-legged. “Not that either of them noticed. Ryu doesn’t know his ass from his elbow.” Her expression became pensive. “But Meiji…”

“What about him?” Loki asked, twining a lock of glossy, black hair in a stray finger.

“He seemed to be…” she mumbled, before looking to him, head tilted. “I don’t know, he seemed to be in this weird state of… almost madness, I guess.”

“How do you mean?” Orexein asked, arms now folded across his chest.

“Well, weak as he was,” Sable replied, “Meiji was always intelligent. Even you guys could admit that, right?” Orexein nodded, but Loki did not - he was too arrogant to admit such things. “Well, he seemed to lose that, with each moment he was there.”

Her words were interrupted by a roll of thunder. Looking up to the glass roof, they saw the sky, clouded over with the beginnings of a thunderstorm.

“Heavy snow tonight,” Loki mumbled. In Deorca Obscuros, a thunderstorm did not signal the onset of heavy rain - it signalled heavy snow. The lightning would flash, and the thunder would crash amidst a blizzard. “I apologise. Please, continue.”

“Of course,” Sable insisted, her eyes finding his handsome face again. “Seemed he could not keep his mind on anything other than killing Riku. It could also be described as a sort of neurosis.”

“Understandable,” Orexein commented. “He was so set on killing Riku. He wanted his sister back so badly, it was the end of him.” Loki nodded in agreement.

“Exactly,” he mumbled. “But, how did this come about?” Sable grinned, deciding to start at the very beginning.

“Riku has a similar state, to be honest,” she hissed playfully. “I got bored of hearing Meiji complain about how he wanted Imari back, so I went on ahead.” Loki nodded, as did Orexein. She quickly added some information she’d failed to include. “I followed through the trees, you see. Anyway, soon enough, I came across them. They were all asleep, other than Riku. From the look on his face, it seemed he was doing some serious thinking.”

The lightning flashed overhead, illuminating them all for but a moment, in a violent flare.

“I stayed where I was,” she continued, not averting her gaze from Loki‘s eyes, “seeing as Meiji and Ryu would reach them sooner rather than later. Naturally, I dozed there - seeing as I’d been walking all night - until Riku gave a shout, waking me. Looking down, Riku seemed in a state of absolute paranoia, hearing some random noise.”

“He’s losing it,” Loki smirked.

“Ikawa yelled at him,” Sable continued with a nod, “so Riku shut up. After a few more hours, Riku heard something else. Again, Ikawa woke, but this time, accepted something was out there. It was Ryu and Meiji. Ikawa told him to be quiet, but he did not listen - he simply grabbed his sword, and leapt at the two when they passed.”

“Lunatic!” Orexein laughed, keen to hear the rest of this story.

“That isn’t even the best part,” she smiled cruelly. “There was some banter between Riku and Meiji - but nothing too bad until Meiji mentioned a fight. That set Imari off, as we predicted. She tried to stop him, but - ” She paused, delighting in Loki’s absolute enthrallment. He looked back at her, wide-eyed - strangely, resembling a child, desperate to hear the conclusion of a fantastical bedtime story.

“But?” he repeated eagerly, on the edge of his seat. His hands grasped his knees.

“But,” she repeated, “Meiji - ready? - punched her.” Loki’s jaw dropped, before he burst into a hooted laugh.

“Really?!” he hooted loudly, almost in harmony with Orexein’s similar joyous laughter. “That’s hilarious. What an end to him - ”

“Oh, that wasn’t the end,” she smirked, taking delight in Loki’s laughter. His laughing stopped, and he looked at her, dumbfounded. She continued, eager to please him more. “Of course, Riku got mad. He made sure she was alright, then tore into Meiji. He did not attack, though.”

“Then who attacked first?” Orexein asked, wiping a tear from his eye. His cheek ached after imagining such a situation.

“Meiji,” Sable said, “Riku backed him into a tree, so he attacked.” Loki nodded. “There was a little bit of fighting. Imari asked Sora to help out, but Ryu stopped him before he could save Riku. The battle continued, but the two began to argue, all the while. Riku seemed reluctant to attack, but all of a sudden, he seemed to change.”

“How do you mean?” Loki asked, child again, desperate to hear the rest.

“He came over all angry,” she purred, “throwing Meiji backwards into a tree. Then he brought up the subject of - ” She paused again to see the childlike desperation in his dark eyes - silently pleased to see him so dependent on herself. “Taiko.”

“Oh, that couldn’t have been good,” Orexein chuckled to himself, his body trembling as he laughed.

“Definitely not,” she smiled to them both, “you should have heard Meiji’s responses. He was just asking to be killed.”

“What did he say?!” Loki asked, reaching the very edge of his chair, resting his eager hands on the tabletop.

“Remember the plan of Meiji blaming Riku,” she said, “so that Imari would blame Riku, too? When Ikawa was going to steal the baby?” Loki nodded, silently impatient. “Well, after Riku gave some long speech about him taking out his anger on the baby, Meiji seemed strangely confident. Perhaps, even indifferent to the situation.”

“But what did he say?” Loki asked, leaping from the spot.

“Riku said something along the lines of,” Sable replied, trying to remember the words, “like, I think, ’taking out his anger on an innocent baby’, so Meiji replied…”

Another pause was taken - Loki was hanging on her every word, and she loved it.

“He replied,” she went on, “that even if they had taken the baby, it would have been his own fault, that he’d brought it on himself.”

“That was definitely the moment,” Orexein laughed, slapping himself in the head. “Riku definitely wouldn’t stand for that!”

“Of course,” Sable said, alight with glee. “Riku did not wait a moment, he simply thrust his blade into Meiji’s chest. And it was all over.”

Loki laughed, holding his head back at the state they’d have been left in. Riku seemed on the brink of insanity, while Imari would be crumbling at the death of her brother - at Riku’s hands. The way he saw it, it was perfect!

“That…” Loki grinned, standing at the head of the table, “is wonderful.” Meiji was dead, but he did not care. He just loved to hear about the chaos he’d inflicted. “What of Ryu?”

Sable gave a half-hearted shrug. She could care less of the beast.

“I could not say,” she said, eyes gazing into Loki‘s. There was another flash of lighting, then a roll of thunder overhead. “I didn’t stay long enough to find out.”

“I suppose we could assume the worst,” Orexein mumbled, leaning back on the table. “Ryu was never the sharpest of men. He only had his strength to rely on.” Loki nodded.

“Yes,” he agreed, “and, anyway, I assume Sora to be stronger. Not only is he more intelligent, but he has a great deal of power. Their duel will be a short one, I suppose.”

“Yes,” Orexein agreed. “Sora has the upper hand in both areas.”

There was a short silence. Now lying back in his chair, Loki could be heard chuckling to himself, obviously thinking of the situation further - he could just imagine Meiji’s crazed confidence, his indifference as Riku roared at him. Orexein simply stood still - slightly trembling, obviously needing another cigarette. Sable watched them both, in the almost pitch-black darkness. She expected Orexein to leave, shortly, now that she’d informed them of the situation. Still sat on the table, she watched Loki as he lay back.

He sat up, all of a sudden, with a raised eyebrow. Though he was looking right at her, his blank expression gave her the impression that he was deep in thought.

“I never told you,” he suddenly said, his voice fairly soft compared to his usual, sneering tone. His dark eyes found hers. “… About my vision.” Sable raised an eyebrow, moving closer upon the tabletop. She edged past the candle, sitting right in front of him.

“No,” she purred, expression filled with wonder. It was her turn to be enthralled.

“Just after you left,” he continued, folding his arms,” when I was asleep, a vision came to me.” He looked into her face with a serious gaze, eyes declaring his firm belief in what had happened. “It was Mikado.”

Sable’s eyes widened, her lips slightly parted. Was it possible?

“Mikado?” she repeated, prompting a single, resolute nod from the man. “That’s amazing… did he speak, or did you merely see him?”

“He spoke,” Loki replied, sweeping his trailing locks behind his shoulders. “I won’t bore you with the details. But, he said we need to keep focus. And we need the members to work much, much harder.”

“Understood,” she said, taking the hint that she, too, needed to work harder than usual. “Was that all?”

“Yes,” he said, “in more words, obviously, but that makes the long story short.” He rose from his chair. “He also said I must strike fear into the hearts of the others.” Sable tilted her head as her eyes followed his every motion.

“How will you do that?” she asked softly, her eyes settling as he stood still, perhaps around three metres from her spot. She heard Orexein chuckle to himself. There was a familiar, cruel gleam in Loki’s eye, stood there in the darkness. She could not see him too well - in fact, could barely make out his form - but his eyes glinted, letting them know where he was; almost like a cat in darkness.

“Perhaps we should ask our good friend Rue, eh?” Loki smirked cruelly from the shadows.

Sable’s black eyes narrowed - something was up, and she felt threatened. Loki’s cackling joined Orexein’s chuckling, in an intimidating cacophony of resonating - yet, inexplicable - laughter. She drew away, afraid they‘d turn on her - she was not sure why she felt this way; after all, Loki had some sentiment for her, and they‘d mentioned Rue, not her. But what did this have to do with Rue? Rue was a lowly member, who’d joined quite some time ago - yet, he’d never advanced from his weak position. She did not dare to ask, awaiting an explanation.

Then, suddenly, in another flash of lighting, Sable understood.

Lying at Loki’s feet was a form. Rue’s body, trembling as he loomed overhead. He began to pace around the poor, defenceless man, as a wolf, circling dying prey. Sable gave a silent sigh of relief, giving a fanged smile as she watched Loki,’s cruel footsteps, his dark eyes lit with twisted joy as Rue began to whimper.

“I must say, Rue,” Loki purred to the man as he circled, “I’m rather impressed. From the moment Orexein and I told you to shut up, you did so.” He smiled, falling to the man’s side, squatting, before grabbing him about the chin. As the thunder crashed, he held Rue’s tear-stained face up to see Sable’s bemused eyes. “Sable did not even know you were there.”

Rue did not respond, whimpering, unable to bring himself to words. He was terrified beyond belief, his mid-length brown hair all over the place, sticking to his wet face, green eyes streaming with horrific fear. He had a fairly big build, but this was not enough to defend himself from Loki.

“We couldn’t even hear you cry,” Orexein commented with a smile.

“Exactly,” Loki nodded, before throwing Rue’s face to the hard, tiled floor. He laughed aloud. Sable laughed, too. “Now, then, Rue. Shall you tell Sable how we’re scaring the members?” He could feel Rue’s body quivering violently beneath his iron grip - and loved it.

Rue tried to speak, but his words were stuttered gasps between pained cries, escaping from his bloody, trembling lips.

“Speak up!” Loki roared, smacking Rue in the back of the head. Rue gave a cry, trying his hardest to explain to Sable, smiling as she watched - she adored seeing Loki this way.

Rue tried again, his eyes filled with frantic desperation as he tried to speak; again, words failed him, he was simply too scared - and pained - to do anything other than tremble.

“Alright,” Loki growled, rubbing his brow, as if to express his frustration, “you have ten seconds to get out of my sight.” Rue looked up with wide, horrified eyes. “Or I’ll finish you off. Get out of here!”

The ten seconds seemed to drag past, as slow as Rue as he tried to claw his way across the tiled floor. He left a smeared trail of blood as he went. Counting the last few seconds, Loki smiled to himself, before looking to Orexein.

“Want me to do it, or would you like to do the honours?” Loki asked. Orexein shook his head with a grin. Understanding, Loki tied his hair from his face, looming over Rue again - who, knowing his fate, trembled with overwhelming fear. He whimpered louder, begging for his life as Loki grasped him by the scruff of the neck. “Time to meet your fate.”

With a single motion, Loki hurled Rue across the room, against the double doors - with enough force to send them flinging wide open. Rue hit the opposite wall of the corridor, giving a hideous, pained cry as his body hit the surface, then fell to the ground.

Yet, he was alive - he supposed he should be thankful.

He felt a pang of terror as Loki appeared in the doorway, a satisfied smile upon his face. He closed his eyes; expecting to be finished off. However, Loki did not attack.

“Be sure to tell everyone,” he smiled, “to be on their best behaviour. Got that?”

With that, Loki closed the doors, leaving Rue alone - awaiting someone, anyone to help him.

Hopefully that satisfied your Loki craving, Kya! XD

I like this one ^.^ The writing isn’t exactly the best, but there’s some imagery in it I like.

<3 <3

giuocob

This was a really good chapter. I just have one comment...ever since Loki's vision, not much seems to have been happening in these scenes. Meaning...you created a really beautifully engineered love plot between Sable and Loki, and then just left in hanging. It would probably be worth it to develop that a little bit more.

Just a suggestion. But yes, really, really good chapter as usual!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
^ Yeah, not much is going on, I have to admit.

About the LxS thing, I'm not sure where to go with it. I love teh fluff - so writing it would be wonderful - but I'd be worried about getting carried away, and making them less.... scary. But I could try that if you like.

Would it be a good idea? :3 Thanks for the advice ~<3

giuocob

Well, in my humble opinion, I don't think adding a small, moderated amount of 'teh fluff' would kill their characters. Of course, you know the characters better than I do, and it's whatever you think will make them work better. The chapter's not lacking in content at all, you don't need to worry about that.

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
*is glomped*

Poor Rue! Dx *huggles Rue* He reminds me of Demyx. O.O

Schweet chappeh. ;D Gotta luv the evil-ness.

I

The Show Must Go On
Wow, Loki is so evil! He's like the evil pokemon caught by the dark ball and then going on a rampage! So scary! (Sorry, I've been watching too much Pokemon 4ever)

Yes, more SL fluff is going to be greatly appreciated (Like show how Loki can be really evil and mean while still being cute and fluffy (the bunny can't be carving into live things without taking a break for being fluffy))

Anyways, great chappie dear ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back