• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH online?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

uLtIm4

if sony made a scanner for the ps3 (and/or ps2) then that make a keyblade thing would b a good idea

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
This could work if it stayed away from the Sora storyline. Maybe you play as customizable nobodies or heartless or something.

As long as the online kingdom hearts has NOTHING to do with Sora and Co, I think it would do well.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wen did i ever say i wanted guns??? and donald and goofy? i said u could get and find different keyblades and attack each other. if sora had donald and goofy around that would b stupid, in halo do u see cortana everywhere u go on xbox live? NO! so quit makin things up i didn't say
...Wow you really blew this out of proportion.

-.- I never even MENTIONED the Disney characters.
Why do you not understand that it's a bad idea? Games aren't only about fighting each other (except for fighting games...but this is a MMORPG we're talking about)

It. Wouldn't. Work.

I never made up stuff. You used Halo as an example. I pointed it out as a bad one being that it isn't even in the same GENRE of games.

You could of said something like....World of Warcraft or Guild Wars.

But you didn't.

Stop being such an ignorant fanboy and think about it. Just because you absolutely love KH doesn't mean everything they'll kick out will be great.

I mean...Square made those FMA games and look at those. Terrible.

Liking KH is fine. But liking it to the extent of not even caring about how good or bad something is...it's just retarded. (or something like that. forgive me, for I have a headache now)

R

Ruxath

Atleast some of you gave reasons why it could never work
though considering Dirge of Cerberus had an online game in Japan attached to the game I don't see why not. I am just gonna stick with the "everybody has a keyblade" concept as opposed to other ones because I would be tempted to do an even more abnormally long post with both...

Doing an MMORPG could be good for telling more of the story only from a different perspective (aka your own) they could still put in final fantasy and disney characters and all of that but could give a fresh bit of story to explain some things that were only mentioned lightly/not mentioned at all.

Everyone having a keyblade doesn't mean everyone would fight the same, I mean look at Mickey, Sora, and Riku. They all fight somewhat differently from one another so there could be ways of putting together different fighting styles, like say the opening is your character having "the dream" and your choices determin your way of fighting more than the other games.

(mage = magic based attacks similar to wisdom form, defender = learning defensive techniques faster or having more mastery of them, attacker/warrior = more strength based techniques and so on. then whatever you give up could be the thing in the game that you're weak at )

After the first selections they could take you to your starting place where your basic fighting style will be born more or less, like depending on choices you make your fighting style will develop in different ways,
like how Riku, Sora, and Tidus all fight differently from one another in the original kingdom hearts but all basically use their interpretations of swords, and how Cloud, Leon, and everyone else has a style unique to them in KHII, it could go so deep as to determine the stances you fight in.

Then something could happen to awaken you as a keyblade weilder/master sometime after that and take you into another dream to show you how your choices affected your way of fighting and toss you into the main story line of the game (not that you would really have to stay strictly to the main story, most good games don't force you to anyway) which could be basically anything from the fabled keyblade war to who/what caused the various legends about them among some of the more wise of the world rulers and villians.

Mini Games could be simple to add in for bonus gear/munny/getting your fighting skills raised
the arena for example could play out the same way, form a group or go solo, go to the arena, only this time instead of heartless and nobodies you would get to fight against other players.

The gummi ships could be used for a race-type mini game played against other players aswell and could also be used to travel to other worlds as usual.

They could even toss in a card game thats similar to CoM if they felt like it and their are most likely other things that they could add that I haven't thought of..

Their are many final fantasy characters and disney characters that could be added (which I may have mentioned before) and even if they have met Sora that doesn't mean they need to mention him all that much.

Item customization could be carried out basically the same way since its already roughly the same as it is in Final Fantasy XI so they could take that and build on it heavily and let you do things like customize stats on items through various improvements and possibly let you design a keyblade of your very own at some point

Now for character customization, look at all the people in the Kingdom Hearts series, there are massive amounts of possibilities there from armor to casual clothes, they could basically build off the general look of Kingdom Hearts original characters and what they wear and let you do the rest on your own. a few clones here and there wouldnt be all that bothersome because even Kingdom Hearts has those (aka Tidus and the TT look-alike)

The battle system is already party based in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II so I really don't see it needing alot of modifications except that it would require you to try and get into your friends/party memers minds a little more for combo attacks, solo battles wouldn't really need changing either it could just be the same 3 member party system or one thats slightly improved on.

Enemies could change from world to world as usual, and they could add in some newer creations aswell.

Heartless, Nobodies, and world villians/beasts could go a long way, and a system of choosing what you want to make yourself into (aka dark keyblade/light keyblade weilder) could make for some pretty awesome pvp battles outside of the arena when there are no rules to stop someone from bashing another person into the ground that much more relentlessly (although that should be kept to just certain places in an area and anyone entering such a place should have some warning appear so that they can avoid it if they want)

Onto the subject of summons and magic, I would say put together some basic "everyone can get me" summons and the ones that are a real challenge to get (but make those rewarding summons to have naturally) and with magic I think everyone should have some access to it, but mage types would naturally be the best at it (like red mages vs white mage in healing or black mage in attack magic)

well thats about all I've got, even moreso because I didn't really check to see how old this topic was because.. I overlook that unless its not on the first page heh *waits to be killed*

XD I have seen so many thoughts on why it can't work and some posts with just "it can't possibly work" without given reasons, it would be nice to see some ways it could work instead honestly...

*died from lack of air shortly after posting this*

Last edited:

Death_Comes

i wouldn't play it unless it was free,but 100 soras running around with donalds and goffys would get boring after a while.

Not to mention sometimes It'd be hard to see if your Goofy and Donald were following you.

Goofy1: Ayuck!
Goofy2: YOU BASTARD I WAS GONNA SAY THAT! -gunshots- :lol:

E

eternally

NICE!!!!! got a forum like this one also in other game sites...hehehe. I only join this forum bcoz i wan to post abt this game being online.. i've been to other game sites as well and give my thoughts on "IF this game were online" bcoz everytime i finiz a game like ff12, resident evil, Rogue galaxy and etc. i always like to make-up a theory of how this game will be online coz i really like MMO and try to find the best one or suitable out there for everyone and myself~~ Ruxath idea was really interesting and nicely put in fact i agree a lot with his/her idea, maybe mine theory are not dat all good. Im not agree nor i disagree on KH being online im juz giving my opinion if the game were online....since i alredy thought it of since the 1st KH came out. :p

If u guys actually played MMO u know how it will feel like. the customization, the vast environment and also the most important thing is the fun of people who u party with. So here's my theory on kingdom hearts:eek:nline. remember an online game doesnt have to actually stick tightly to the original game story or characters or game mechanics. perfect example is the Tales of ONLINE, look at gamespot for some trailer.... Neway:

################################################################
KH:ONLINE MMOARPG - MMO Action RPG

1) Travelling world: u can easily move from other to world with the gummi ship and each world, juz like in the original KH, has different enemy, item, equipment and quest!! now, the so called traffic of gummi ships are not gonna happen. u see, if u think it like the developer of KH: ONLINE, y the hell they would let dat kind of things happen? so the perfect solution is dat. everytime u guys wanna go to other world with your custom made gummi ship is like the loading screen. Showing your custom made ship going to some world, alone. its sad but dats the only solution. if u wan to battle your gummi ship like in the ORIginal KH game then take on a "gummi ship quest". and if u got party on board the gummi ship they can take postion on the weapon cannon (depends on how u made ur gummi ship, if its got like 3 cannon then ur party members can mount on the cannon and shot down enemy in first-person.)

2) World: each world has vast environment, lotsa quest, different settings, and also different items.

3) Environment: same as KH games. jump over obstacle, jump along the big ass branches of trees (got from naruto ^_^). Teamwork are needed since there are some places dat u cant reach for example when u ned to reach to high places, then u ned the help of stalker/swordsman dat got double jump ability, reach the top and use the ROPE LADDER item to help your other frens to go up.

4) Gameplay/battle: Like KH and god of war. sometimes there are button pushing to evade enemy and do other things. p/s: controller + keyboard are required. hehehe. KH quest can be like helping DISney or Final Fantasy characters, eliminating some heartless and etc.

5) Characters customization: instead of choosing races like in other MMO games u choose ur AGE: Kid, Teenage, Adult. Your body, faces and hair style will be based on the age of your character. No bonus attributes for any of the AGE, so juz choose the age u like! in MMO they are sometimes u can find ur look alike but hey its a common stuff happening.

6) Enemy: KH can offer many different enemy for the player such as the heartless, nobody and also its easier for the enemy to appear since they just pop out from everywhere. Of course they can add in some beast-type enemy dat u can actually see from far and when u are in the range of the enemy sight they will atk u.

7) Classes: KH can go with different classic job classes like the fighter, thief, mage and etc or KH can go with "everyone wield the Keyblades" or juz mix the class. Here's mine Job List only a few, and each can be upgrade until lvl 3:

a) Swordsman: agile like thief and a bit tough like warrior a.k.a Tidus. Equipment: one-handed sword, small shield, katana and can dual-wield.

b) Warrior: tough and has strong atk, low magic resist though but can use a wide variety of melee weapon a.k.a Cloud. Equipment: Large Sword, Large shield, One-handed, small shield, Large Axe, Large Hammer, dagger.

c) Lancer: Lance and halberd user, ability to jump ^_^ . equipment: Lance and halberd.

d) Stalker: an agile hero when upgrade can take two paths, thief at 3rd level who can bcome rogue or assasin at 3rd level who can become ninja. Equipment: Thief path are dagger, can dual-wield, whip, shortbow. Assasin path are dagger, ninja sword, can dual-wield, shuriken, traps skills.

e) Mage: Offensive magic user. Equipment: can cast magic using staff or magic gloves

f)Acolyte: Defensive and healing magic user. Equipment: same as mage.

g) Summoner: Summons magic creature.

h) Archers: Master of the bow and love by animals. The animal companion system is like this, if u have 1 animal it will have 100% power. 2 will have half of their power and 3 will have lesser power. Equipment: Bow, shortbow, Longbow, bowgun.

i) Gunners: Uses modern gun as weapon of mass destruction. Equipment: Guns.

j) Keyblade: wield the key of user heart. this is like a mix class of mage and swordsman. Equipment: Keyblades

k) Gunbladist: Use the gunblade, can do major dmg with the trigger.Equipment: Gunblade.

################################################################

so there's my opinion if KH went online. Well, i agree with the game being online since i really like the battle/gameplay and the game mechanics shouldnt stick too tightly with the original KH. Let it loose a bit and the KH online it will exist!!!!!! WAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAA!!!! :lol:

p/s: yeah yeah, i really have lotsa time on my hand... and freaking bored.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
I'm not really sure, to be honest, if KH is ready for online playing. x.x;

I think that if SE really concentrated on it, they could make it work, but it would definitely take time, and right now they seem pretty preoccupied with the three new games being released. But, yes, maybe it could work.

Maybe.

canito_q

aaah i love this section...

1. Calm down.

2. Halo? A first person shooter?
Uh...last time I checked there was only one gun in the whole game and guess what? HE DIED.

3. Why would you want to play as characters you've already played as before against each other?

4. ...hahaha...Ah, you make me laugh, Mr. Ultima.

Well, there's really two shooter ppl: Xigbar and Sora (wisdom form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back