• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

What would everybody think if Nomura made an actual movie from the KH series? Not one of those straight to DVD anime movies, but something you would go to the theater to see. Do you think there would a little change in characters, change in plot, more or less disney? Just wanted to see what everubody would think about it.

PS..Sorry if i got your hopes up..theres is no actual release date or any mention anywhere that there will be a movie.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It would be terrible. Possibly worse than Hannah Montanna/High School Musical crap.

khlover7

I might return
Why do you guys want a movie so bad?!?!?!?
I've seen these kind of threads a million times, and I'm tired of it! :mad:

Well, that made me feel better.

Aenima

∞;5163388 said:
It would be terrible. Possibly worse than Hannah Montanna/High School Musical crap.

aww c'mon. it wouldnt be that bad. of course it would have its flaws but not to bad

Why do you guys want a movie so bad?!?!?!?
I've seen these kind of threads a million times, and I'm tired of it! :mad:

Well, that made me feel better.

Well, if you dont like em then dont comment on them. problem solved.

ZiggyK

I would not like a KH movie. KH is a game.. they couldn't pump that much content into an hour and a half.

EDIT: Though I can see it being done (as long as it's not in live action). Just watch Another Side Another Story, that looks like it comes from a movie. I think it could be done, but it'd be a long shot.

Sephora

I think it would have to be straight to dvd. Anything else would ruin it. Besides, theatres involve movie critics and if the critics point out everything wrong with the film, whats left for us to do? :p

αsiя

space coke
I don't want a KH movie. Video game made into movies always suck, and imagine KH, now that would suck more than the Mario movie. But if it's made by Disney or Pixar then this would be another conversation.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
There must have been several dozen of these threads already. The thing is, the Kingdom Hearts series, as you already know, are video games already based on disney movies. It can work for a video game because there aren't the same time constraints as with movies. About how many hours is the first game? Well how ever long it is they would have to conpact it to about 1 1/2 ro 2 hours which is cramped. Even in good hands movies based on other material is usually terrible or mildly decent at the most and the biggest problem is trying to condence a story thats many hours into just a few. The only chance I in there being a movie though is if they do like AC and do something that isn't directly based on one of the games. KH would look good as a movie though but I don't think it'd work to well.

αsiя

space coke
No.

I think donald and goofy would look really weird in live action... actuall kinda creepy in fact...

Well why would they make it live action? You think Disney would allow it. I doubt Disney would ever allow Nomura to make a KH movie, even a animated/CGI movie, unless Disney decides to do it themselves, but I doubt Disney even cares about KH to be wasting their time on it.

ZiggyK

αsiя;5163426 said:
Well why would they make it live action? You think Disney would allow it. I doubt Disney would ever allow Nomura to make a KH movie, even a animated/CGI movie, unless Disney decides to do it themselves, but I doubt Disney even cares about KH to be wasting their time on it.

Yeah to them it's just another royalty paycheck every year.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
They cared enough to get the rights for all of the original properties Nomura pumps into it...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It's more something than nothing, actually.
Perhaps not entirely substantial, but, still--it's something.

Anyway, I don't think a KH movie will happen. I believe Nomura has said that it technically could happen before, but that really doesn't mean anything. Not sure what use a movie would've been anyway (though, I could kind of see a movie working better than a game for the whole "reconnect" idea/thing. but that's probably just because next to nothing is known about it.)

The_Savage_Nymph

∞;5163388 said:

This.

It would be great if they made a movie using the technology that's used for the cutscenes in the games and using the characters' voice actors as well, but not real-life actors. That'd just ruin the movie completely.

ZiggyK

This.

It would be great if they made a movie using the technology that's used for the cutscenes in the games and using the characters' voice actors as well, but not real-life actors. That'd just ruin the movie completely.

This. Made by Pixar aswell (seeing have Pixar have yet to make a bad film todate)

Silfarion

Nah, KH ain't no FF. It won't be good (unless you kick out every single disney character. That'd might work).

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This.

Or they could just do it like they did in FF7: Advent Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back