• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

localorange

She remembered because of Sora holding her heart within himself.

On DI, she was completely honest about remembering nothing. Whether she remembered initially when she arrived on the island is completely unclear due to a lack of cut-scenes/information. But, while Kairi's heart rested in Sora, he was tapping into her memories. This is one of the memories that could have been buried within Kairi's subconscious and it needed a catalyst to be remembered.

Perhaps this will be answered in DDD? Isn't it supposed to deal with Sora unlocking memories that are on the other side of his heart? Sounds like Kairi will have to do the same. It just depends on how important to the plot the writers will make it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Perhaps this will be answered in DDD? Isn't it supposed to deal with Sora unlocking memories that are on the other side of his heart? Sounds like Kairi will have to do the same. It just depends on how important to the plot the writers will make it.

they all will does riku remeber the terra thing

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
they all will does riku remeber the terra thing
I'm positive Riku and Sora had no recollection of Terra or Aqua. They might now, but before they didn't.

Possibly. But I'm not sure if Kairi has anymore relevant memories that are necessary to furthering the storyline.

snow_flake40

Awards
I always thought that Sora had accidentally tapped into Kairi's subconcious memories when her heart was in his, so when he saw that memory of her grandmother Kairi was also kind of seeing that memory for the first time. Well, for the first time since forgetting it, at least... Did that make as little sense as I think it did?

Oh, one more thing. If Sora could unlock Kairi's memories from her heart being inside his, then can he access Ven's memories too? Or is Ven's heart too damaged for memory-unlocking shenanigans? And while we're (mostly me) veering wildly off topic, could Sora access Roxas' or Xion's memories as well? And if Riku still has Terra's heart, can he access that? And could Riku have accessed Xehanort's/Ansem SoD's memories when his heart was in there too? And what about... Gah! Enough! No more sugar for me...

Ugh. Kingdom Hearts makes my brain hurt. :c Kind of why I love it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The difference between Kairi and Ven is that Kairi's heart was active inside of Sora. However, I wouldn't quite say that Sora accessing Ven's memories is completely impossible.

Sora did interact with Roxas' memories to some extent, as he not only recognized Twilight Town as a familiar place, but he also recognized Roxas when he saw the pic.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I always thought that Sora had accidentally tapped into Kairi's subconcious memories when her heart was in his, so when he saw that memory of her grandmother Kairi was also kind of seeing that memory for the first time. Well, for the first time since forgetting it, at least... Did that make as little sense as I think it did?
Basically, yes. Kairi was seeing that memory for the first time since she had forgotten it.

snow_flake40

Awards
The difference between Kairi and Ven is that Kairi's heart was active inside of Sora. However, I wouldn't quite say that Sora accessing Ven's memories is completely impossible.

Oh, right. Fair 'nuff.

Sora did interact with Roxas' memories to some extent, as he not only recognized Twilight Town as a familiar place, but he also recognized Roxas when he saw the pic.

Ah, (evidently) I forgot about all of that. Ok, so Roxas is sorted. I wonder about Xion, though. I know her memories are in Sora or in Sora's heart or whatever, but would Sora need a visual clue or some physical connection of sorts to Xion in order for him to access her memories, like a picture or something? As far as I know, there aren't any lying around after she was 'absorbed' by Sora and all the memories of her with it. Hmm, maybe the shells she collected or the one left behind after fighting Roxas? But then again, would Sora really need her memories in the first place...? *trails off incoherently*

Basically, yes. Kairi was seeing that memory for the first time since she had forgotten it.

Hey, I got something kinda sorta right for once! Celebratory high fives all around! ...Anyone? Ok... *puts hand down*

Anywho, thank you both for trying to decipher my inane blatherings and give me an answer. All things 'heart' have just been gnawing away at me for some time now... Thanks!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"Accessing" Ven's memories could be difficult due to his heart's damaged state.
Furthermore, Data Naminé warned that unprepared access to the memories of the suffering ones can damage Sora's heart.

As for Xion (and the others as well):
Sora doesn't need their memories for himself, after all, they are not his in the first place, they belong to those who created them.
What Sora (and possibly also Riku) do need is to access them in order to find out more about their suffering, maybe use them as a catalyst to contact their mind and in the end, to help with actually saving them.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yep, that's the gist of it all. I hope the memory thing is addressed in DDD along with the possible 'damage to Sora's heart'.

luluxiu

Website
www.buyctjewelry.com
The library scene is the garden in the radiation proof, she caught a glimpse of her past, but do you really think she remembered her grandmother did not care, she has not seen her in 10 years?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
No, the library scene is not the scene in the garden. Kairi asked her grandmother to tell her the story again.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Come to think of it, does she even frown?

Anyway, she may have remembered part of the destruction but convinced herself it was a nightmare.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm sure that like every other chracter going back to place where things happened will spark light in her head casusing a headch that will bring back her memeories......and make her faint.
she just need to go back to the radiant gardens outer limit hopefully its been rebuilt by the poeple

cuz she was clearly put under a spell that caused her to forget like Roxas and Ven

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Roxas and Ven didn't forget because of a spell.

Roxas: A newborn existence who did not have any memories, if he would have been a normal nobody he would have gained Sora's memories, but that was prevented by Kairi restoring Sora to his own self again, leaving Roxas with nothing forcing him to develop own ones.

Ven: The trauma of having his heart ripped out and cut combined with excessive pain and the darkness-extraction caused the memory loss.

---

The reason Kairi forgot is the same reason why Sora and Riku forgot Terra and Aqua, they were so young that time that by the time KH 1 came around they simply forgot it naturally.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Lol, why does everything have to happen because of magic.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Apparently! Especially in KH; a logical explanation in this series is too far-fetched.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Roxas and Ven didn't forget because of a spell.

Roxas: A newborn existence who did not have any memories, if he would have been a normal nobody he would have gained Sora's memories, but that was prevented by Kairi restoring Sora to his own self again, leaving Roxas with nothing forcing him to develop own ones.

Ven: The trauma of having his heart ripped out and cut combined with excessive pain and the darkness-extraction caused the memory loss.

Yeah, I know that; I was just making a generalization. It was supernatural either way.

And KH operates on its own logic. Semi-logical/semi-magical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back