• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowii

This was one aspect of KH that i felt could be explored....how much does Kairi really remember about Radiant Gardens?
when She was asked if she was sure she remembered nothing she frowned for a second which to me implys that it might not be so

has she really forgotten her grandmother and fromer home? Ansem SOD cast her out when he turned it into hollow bastion could he have done somethign else to her as well

Last edited:

ICECOOL113

Kairi was just a young child from when Radiant Gardens was taken in by the darnkess. If you play BBS Aqua gives her a charm to take her away from the darkness because she senses that she is "special" aka a princess of light. When the darkness eventually came it sent her away to DI because it is a world that is kinda in between light and darkness and very distant of a place from anywhere.

The memory of Kairi's grandmother is probably like some freaky forgotten flash back from when she eventually is in Hollow Bastion.

shadowii

Kairi was just a young child from when Radiant Gardens was taken in by the darnkess. If you play BBS Aqua gives her a charm to take her away from the darkness because she senses that she is "special" aka a princess of light. When the darkness eventually came it sent her away to DI because it is a world that is kinda in between light and darkness and very distant of a place from anywhere.

The memory of Kairi's grandmother is probably like some freaky forgotten flash back from when she eventually is in Hollow Bastion.

no its a memory "in her heart" which we all know from the series doesnt mean necessarily that it would come to the surface (sora just saw it like a video show)

Key of Valor

The Professor
shadowii said:
This was one aspect of KH that i felt could be explored....how much does Kairi really remember about Radiant Gardens?
when She was asked if she was sure she remembered nothing she frowned for a second which to me implys that it might not be so

has she really forgotten her grandmother and fromer home? Ansem SOD cast her out when he turned it into hollow bastion could he have done somethign else to her as well?

Her lack of memory was said to be the normal result of how most people don't remember much from that age.

I think she did remember some things though, such as her grandmother and the story she used to tell (or maybe that memory resurfaced while her heart was inside Sora). It's possible that Kairi may also remember a few other things as well, but perhaps she didn't like talking about her past. Radiant Garden was the first world to be overwhelmed by Heartless, so perhaps Kairi had negative memories about her past home. The brilliantly magnificent kingdom of Radiant Garden descended into the nightmarish state of chaos and darkness. Freud had a theory that childhood amnesia may partly be a result of a person's mind trying to repress traumatic events of early childhood, so if that theory is in anyway accurate, maybe the Heartless overwhelming that world is the cause of her memory loss. Plus, being kidnapped by a sinister man and sent into the "ocean of worlds" are also very personal traumatic experiences for Kairi that may have led to her repression of memories.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
She might remember her grandma but not that she is her grandma. The scene in the library during Radiant Gardens is proof that she has glimpses of her past, but do you really think she remembered her grandma and didn't care that she hadn't seen her in 10 years?

shadowii

^
part of what i was wondering: is it possible Kairi saw her grandmother die?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
As Key of Valor said, it's already been said that she doesn't remember things too because she was very young then. I suppose it could also be taken into account she may have forgot things due to trauma, even if she was just a little girl when she arrived on DI (she was booted off by Ansem SoD, Aqua's magic just helped her get to DI and it's not an inbetween realm btw) I'm sure people asked her tons of questions about where she came from and what her world was like so said-and-said grown-up might remember her discreption but it seems Kairi might have not told any one what RG was like and what happened. Though since she was only about 4-5ish she also might have just not known how to explain things well so the details just plain fell to obscurity.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I'm sure that like every other chracter going back to place where things happened will spark light in her head casusing a headch that will bring back her memeories......and make her faint.
she just need to go back to the radiant gardens outer limit hopefully its been rebuilt by the poeple

Ruran

Awards
^ I got the same felling too but I don't think there's too much to interepret. She probably did remember a few bits and pieces but she may have felt they weren't worth bringing up or didn't want to make things akward. Riku was sort of obsessed at the time with other worlds and he might have bombarded her with questions she couldn't really answer. Over all I think she remembers some things but doesn't bother to bring them up. Unless it's further explained why, I think what and how much she remembers isn't that big a deal and at most we can interepret that remembering her granmother might be painful but I don't think there's too much behind it. I guess you can say that having sad memories about your granmother is sort of a big deal but I think it stems more from not knowing than knowing and she was so young at the time she didn't have that many memories of her to beggin with. Anyway Kairi's more preoccupied with her current life than her past.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
^ I got the same felling too but I don't think there's too much to interepret. She probably did remember a few bits and pieces but she may have felt they weren't worth bringing up or didn't want to make things akward. Riku was sort of obsessed at the time with other worlds and he might have bombarded her with questions she couldn't really answer. Over all I think she remembers some things but doesn't bother to bring them up. Unless it's further explained why, I think what and how much she remembers isn't that big a deal and at most we can interepret that remembering her granmother might be painful but I don't think there's too much behind it. I guess you can say that having sad memories about your granmother is sort of a big deal but I think it stems more from not knowing than knowing and she was so young at the time she didn't have that many memories of her to beggin with. Anyway Kairi's more preoccupied with her current life than her past.

no they said she has no memory of her past life before destiny island
whats goingon in her current life, school...her not dating sora........

Key of Valor

The Professor
shadowii said:
thats probably so i just get the feeling when i see 5:52-5:55

"nothing" might actually be something
YouTube - ‪Kingdom Hearts Walkthrough Part 2-Destiny Island‬‏

The camera angles of that scene does suggest deception, since she is facing away from Sora when she is talking about it. Plus, when she says "nothing", the camera only shows the lower part of her face, so her facial expressions when discussing her past are almost entirely concealed from even the audience during that scene. However, she also says that she wouldn't mind going to see her old home... but if she did have any memories about Radiant Garden, then she should also remember the escalating number of monsters and growing darkness that infected her home just prior to her departure. Since she expresses a willingness to go back to her home, that means she probably doesn't have any negative memories about her home, which means she isn't intentionally avoiding talking about her home because she has negative feelings towards it. If Kairi had any positive memories about her home, she would have probably shared them. This means that Kairi probably did not have any memories about Radiant Garden when KH1 began.

Ruran

Awards
no they said she has no memory of her past life before destiny island
whats goingon in her current life, school...her not dating sora........

Obviously she has memories of RG, via, her remembering her grandmother in the library. I recall it being said that her memories just faded away as time went on (well something along the line) and naturaly when she does remember something it's just a tidbit.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Obviously she has memories of RG, via, her remembering her grandmother in the library. I recall it being said that her memories just faded away as time went on (well something along the line) and naturaly when she does remember something it's just a tidbit.

she didnt remember that, was she was still in her no heart coma
the memory was there and we saw it becasue we had kairi's heart at the time

Ruran

Awards
she didnt remember that, was she was still in her no heart coma
the memory was there and we saw it becasue we had kairi's heart at the time

Kairi said:
A light at the end of the tunnel...

Sora said:
Oh, Your gndma's story, right?

Kairi said:
That's right. We were together.

Unless I'm looking at this wrong it implies that Kairi remembers something.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Ruran

Awards
okay im ony like 80% percent on this
who is the we we as in her and her grandma or her as in sora and her redicovering the memory itself
when she becasme concious again i guss she had acess to the meory we still dont know how much she really knows good thing she said grandma or that could have been a random scene

I think she most likely means her and Sora but regardless she knows what he's talking about.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
She remembered because of Sora holding her heart within himself.

On DI, she was completely honest about remembering nothing. Whether she remembered initially when she arrived on the island is completely unclear due to a lack of cut-scenes/information. But, while Kairi's heart rested in Sora, he was tapping into her memories. This is one of the memories that could have been buried within Kairi's subconscious and it needed a catalyst to be remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back