• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the Keyblade...Intimidating?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku0147

Awards
I wouldn't be scared of Sora with a keyblade, but maybe in the hands of Terra i would be scared.

joshua10677

Well that and they are Disney villainsl,not the smartest of villains!

Some of them apparently didn't learn their lesson the first time getting beaten down with the keyblade. Jafar came back and was actually destroyed the second time he fought against Sora. Ursala was defeated by the keyblade and even more humiliating, in a musical. Even Malificent was beaten one of the keyblade warriors and then again by Sora who I think is much weaker than Terra, Aqua, and Ven. If you think about some of the villians that beaten by a wielder of the keyblade, I'd say it is pretty intimidating. Not scary looking, but powerful.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Well... actually, if someone came up to me with the Kingdom Key, I'd probably piss myself laughing... If it was Bond of Flames perhaps, that'd be different, but never the less!

Ren

adios motherfucker
It's because they're expendable they don't count. The "bosses" don't care about heartless dying because they're expendable and they can just summon more. Hence, hubris is the reason why the heartless don't count. They're deaths don't affect the mentality of the villains.

Being expendable=/=Doesn't count. Someone decides whether or not something is expendable from his or her point of view; "counting" in this sense and situation is being physically destroyed. Sorry to get into semantics, here.

And it's not like anyone actually "fears" the keyblade. It's not like they're trying to portray the keyblade as some terrible weapon of destruction. I'm just saying that it would be logical to be afraid of it if you took into account the number of enemies he's picked off with the keyblade--if not the lesser heartless, then the bosses and the higher ups.

Let's not the forget that heartless are "instinctively" afraid of the keyblade, and they "instinctively" go after it. There is no thought process, no intimidation, they just do what they do, and feel what they feel.

Which means that you bringing up the fear in the first place makes perfect sense?
I'm losing the point here.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I agree with Ren :3

.Oji

赤いテキスト
I'm probably the only one wondering why this thread is in the FOKH section. Oh well...

So, is the keyblade intimidating. Hmm.

Appearance-wise? Nope.
Knowing it's capabilities? Maybe.

The fact that it's toyish appearance masks it's potentially pernicious powers is an intimidating quality. It's true when they say, "Looks can be decieving."

Ren

adios motherfucker
The fact that it's toyish appearance masks it's potentially pernicious powers is an intimidating quality. It's true when they say, "Looks can be decieving."

Kingdom Hearts is just a cesspool of hidden symbolism.
I mean, trinities? And this?
KH is just a giant allegorical model of something bigger and greater. *Nods*

Cissy

Bronze Member
Kingdom Hearts is just a cesspool of hidden symbolism.
I mean, trinities? And this?
KH is just a giant allegorical model of something bigger and greater. *Nods*
I must agree with the village genius.

The symbolism...is massive. Very. Massive.

Ren

adios motherfucker

Massive like Edgeworth's hands?
The keyblades are a symbol of power. And power should not be taken lightly. I guess KH villains don't really learn, eh?

Cissy

Bronze Member
But we must remember that outrageous clothes and hairstyles is normal in the KH universe.

So, to them, he's just as menacing.

ruinandchaos85

lawl

Being expendable=/=Doesn't count. Someone decides whether or not something is expendable from his or her point of view; "counting" in this sense and situation is being physically destroyed. Sorry to get into semantics, here.

And it's not like anyone actually "fears" the keyblade. It's not like they're trying to portray the keyblade as some terrible weapon of destruction. I'm just saying that it would be logical to be afraid of it if you took into account the number of enemies he's picked off with the keyblade--if not the lesser heartless, then the bosses and the higher ups.

Which means that you bringing up the fear in the first place makes perfect sense?
I'm losing the point here.

Look at it like this, say you're a Disney villain and you had a ton of heartless at your disposal. You send them after Sora and he destroys them all. As I said earlier, Disney villains fall victim to hubris, meaning they're prideful, so you'll just think he got lucky and send some more. You keep sending more until Sora has bashed you in the head with the Keyblade.

I understand you're saying they SHOULD get scared because of this, but they just aren't going to care. They'll just see kid with a bat winning by sheer luck.

They also don't care how powerful the heartless were, because, since they're the boss, they think they'll automatically be stronger anyway. So losing some heartless isn't going to scare them, which is why I said they don't count. Or rather, they shouldn't be apart of the equation when we're focusing on intimidation.

And about the heartless, let me clarify. Because they don't really have a mind(exept Xehanort's heartless), they don't really know fear perse. They just want the keyblade wielder dead. That's why I said instinctively; it's all instinct with the heartless. Fear and intimidation don't matter to them. That's WHY they go after the keyblade, it's not that they're brave, it's that they don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back