• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the JP BBS harder?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
This game was actually harder for me than KH1 was. But the only boss I kept dieing on was terra's final boss. He was a big pain in the ass. I couldn't even get close to attack him. I had to rely on ShotLock and thunder and fire surges to finally beat him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i found the NA version much harder than teh jap.
the only problems i had on the jap version was zack and terras last boss.

Aquaman OS

NA was more balanced. Bosses can't stunlock you as easy, can be stunned themselves and many of the deck commands allow you take damage but still get the attack to go off rather than cancelling it. Many of the bosses had predictable constant patterns in JP that were altered to be a bit more surprising.

Many of the later bosses in JP BBS, especially the Arena ones, required constant shotlocks to win because trying to get close would end up having them comboing you to death with you be unable to break out to do anything. Some of the JP may have been harder, but it was for stupid cheap reasons rather than requiring any skill.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
No the NA version is definately harder. The only reason I can see you claiming it as "easy" is if you played on Beginner/Standard or just because you were already experienced with the bosses from the JAP version that you already knew exactly what to do when you got the ENG version.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

╬ProperArtist╬;5284480 said:
I didn't know what to do against MF since he's not in the Japanese version and he still wasn't that hard :T

Did you seriously take on MF on Proud/Critical using no guides or suggestions on which commands/attacks to use against him and manage to beat him within your first dozen tries without massive overleveling and still manage to admit he's not that difficult? Cheers, seriously. I was only playing on Proud mode and I found him extremely difficult to beat without reading up on the "surge" recommendation. I do not recall ever fighting a boss on Proud mode where each hit was either a 1-hit kill or 1-HP guarantee.

V

Ventus91

╬ProperArtist╬;5284192 said:
I will say this in the Japanese Version Iron Prisoner IV couldn't be stunned by anything. But in the NA version regardless of difficulty you can stun him with Firaga and Sonic Blade.
Just throwing that out there.

Not my fault if you found it difficult and lvl 1 CM has about the same difficulty as a low level Proud Mode run through, just an FYI.
Also the races in the Japanese version were harder than the NA version. In the NA version they tend to slow down and let you either catch up or stay far behind on the last lap, but in the Japanese version you literally have to make no mistakes the entire race leading up to the last lap and sometimes they cans till pass you at the last second to win.

Yeah I played the jp version of this and the races were much harder since they would use the secret short cut to win lol.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
No not really.
NA is harder.
But Critical was easy for ME.
But I hope people did find it hard tho, so they can feel relived that it is harder than the nihongo verison

Yeah I played the jp version of this and the races were much harder since they would use the secret short cut to win lol.

They used the secret Shortcut to me in the NA version, No it isnt harder.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Pretty much what I was going to say.

Did you seriously take on MF on Proud/Critical using no guides or suggestions on which commands/attacks to use against him and manage to beat him within your first dozen tries without massive overleveling and still manage to admit he's not that difficult? Cheers, seriously. I was only playing on Proud mode and I found him extremely difficult to beat without reading up on the "surge" recommendation. I do not recall ever fighting a boss on Proud mode where each hit was either a 1-hit kill or 1-HP guarantee.

I was on Critical Mode and I tried attacking him normally but that just makes him go into time reversal mode which is almost instantly a smack in the face.
I tried out a lot of moves until Thunder/Fire surge worked best against him. Since most of the others either don't deal much damage or leave you completely open they weren't worth it. Hell I even tried out some shotlocks and he just tends to block the majority of your shots. I even tried Vanish and Unison Rush, which UR does okay damage but with Terra i wouldn't recommend it since you do barely any damage, that and it leaves you completley open after the fact. The key is using their I-frames to keep you from taking damage. I went into the fight not even expecting to win, just baiting him and testing out his moves and how to dodge them with each character. I figured out on my own exactly when he's open, how to deal with each move he throws at you and the fact that you can either attack him relentlessly when he gets to 2.5 bars or attack him when he's invisible when you find his body (Curaga and Surges are great for I-frames if you're trying to dodge his meteors/megaflares/etc).
I beat Him with Ventus and Aqua fairly easily (Aqua at lvl 50 and Ventus lvl 43-which took more time to do). Terra's the only one that took me more time to do considering he can't dodge as easily as the others but is hella stronger so I had to re-configure my strategies and figure out how to take him out quickly cause the longer that battle goes on with him the more likely he is to cast moves that can kill you easily as Terra, since you can't dodge them.
Honestly he wasn't difficult like people make him out to be; it's more the game mechanics than anything that get you killed (especially with Terra) in that boss fight.

They used the secret Shortcut to me in the NA version, No it isnt harder.

Yeah it is harder in the Japanese version. They might use the Races in the NA version but they stay far behind you when it comes to about the middle to the end of the race. I don't know why that is but in the Japanese version they'd stay right with you up until the very end and you had to not mess up at all and get all the barriers in order to win, it was pretty much a must. It's much easier than the Japanese version's races.

And like I said Iron Prisoner IV can also be stunned in the NA version compared to the Japanese verison which he couldn't be. Also as noted before a low level Jpn Proud mode run has you dealing the same amount of damage and taking the same amount of damage as a lvl 1 CM Run in NA. You don't believe me then check out the vids on youtube from Cyber, Masa and Mika and compare the differences, there's hardly any at all.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
The japanese version is easier eben if you know english and it isnt because of critical mode its because its just self explanatory.

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
╬ProperArtist╬;5285015 said:
Yeah it is harder in the Japanese version. They might use the Races in the NA version but they stay far behind you when it comes to about the middle to the end of the race. I don't know why that is but in the Japanese version they'd stay right with you up until the very end and you had to not mess up at all and get all the barriers in order to win, it was pretty much a must. It's much easier than the Japanese version's races.

The Races doesn't seem changed to me at all. ;x; It seems about the same to me, cause I did nothing but races in the JPN to try to get more Ranks up in the Mirage Arena.

And like I said Iron Prisoner IV can also be stunned in the NA version compared to the Japanese verison which he couldn't be. Also as noted before a low level Jpn Proud mode run has you dealing the same amount of damage and taking the same amount of damage as a lvl 1 CM Run in NA. You don't believe me then check out the vids on youtube from Cyber, Masa and Mika and compare the differences, there's hardly any at all.

I havent faced Iron Prisoner IV on the NA version. and I havent beaten him in the Japanese one yet. ;-; since I need help cause I suck at this boss. I believe you, Why wouldnt I believe you? you're proper xDD.
I actually started a Lv 1 Critical tonight. I havent done a Low Lv Run in BBS JPN, but I'll get used to it. :3

Jakek9

╬ProperArtist╬;5284192 said:
I will say this in the Japanese Version Iron Prisoner IV couldn't be stunned by anything. But in the NA version regardless of difficulty you can stun him with Firaga and Sonic Blade.
Just throwing that out there.

Not my fault if you found it difficult and lvl 1 CM has about the same difficulty as a low level Proud Mode run through, just an FYI.
Also the races in the Japanese version were harder than the NA version. In the NA version they tend to slow down and let you either catch up or stay far behind on the last lap, but in the Japanese version you literally have to make no mistakes the entire race leading up to the last lap and sometimes they cans till pass you at the last second to win.

I didn't think it was hard all the time, but it defiantly had its moments. I didn't find it terribly hard, just hard enough.
I just dislike it when people are like "OMGZ SO EAZIERZ, IM NOT GOOD IZ JUST EAZY!"
Obviously without the exaggeration.

I'm going to do a LVl1 CM run if that tells ya anything.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
There is no exaggeration, the game just wasn't challenging for me at all.
Hell I developed even more strategies in this version as the Japanese version, especially against a handful of the end bosses.

And Sora the key, I meant the Disney Town Races, not the MA ones.

Fluufy

of coarse the NA version seems easier to all you people that played the Japanese version... your playing through the game after all ready beating it meaning you know the best way to deal with all the bosses and more difficult enemies, my guess is that it is (slightly) harder, but none of you will ever really notice it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
For those people who played the JPN version fully, the only thing you can really say anything on was the MF (because even subconcisouly, you knew how to beat each boss), and for some perhaps he was just easy, some people found Terra's last boss much harder then MF ever could be, so it depends, some people found different things easier then others. If Iron Prisoner IV could be stunned in the NA version, then yeah, he probably is easier, but overall I think the NA version is more difficult.

Fenix Sora

I found Aqua's story hard on CM at the early stages of the game and then it seemed to get easier later on

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I found Aqua's story hard on CM at the early stages of the game and then it seemed to get easier later on

Aqua's scenario is always a bit more difficult during the earlier stages since physically, she's weaker than Terra and Ven, and relies more on magic, and you don't exactly have many commands during the beginning.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Now that I am in the middle of Aqua's I have to say the start of it was kinda hard but that was is the JP too.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
Although I do like that Critical Mode keeps dealing the same amount of damage to you regardless of level, I still don't find it hard in the slightest.
True they made Terra's last 2 bosses harder but honestly it really doesn't feel harder than the Japanese version to me.
That includes MF respectively, the game mechanics are more of a problem than he is (bad camera angles, random lock off, clip damage, i-frame lag, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back