• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Roxas a Nobody?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Light

faster than
Awards
I never have paid much attention to most of the Diz clips at the beginning but I have just recently seen, that he said that 'Roxas's heart connected with Kairi's' or something like that. So does this mean Roxas is truely a Nobody?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I think DiZ meant that Roxas connected to Kairi through Sora's heart/memories; he didn't really believe that Roxas had a heart. Regardless, Roxas is the body+soul left behind from Sora's Heartless transformation, so yes, Roxas is a Nobody.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Roxas is a special nobody, one who carried around an injured, mostly inactive heart inside himself.
If one looks at Roxas's appearance it's easy to deduce whose heart that was.

Roxas still counts as a nobody because he used Sora's body and soul, only becoming an own person because he lacked Sora's memories and co-existed with him.

However, for that DiZ-part. As Roxas is connected to Sora, he used Sora's heart to reach Kairi (Sora was asleep at that time). It's also evidenced by Sora talking through Roxas reprimanding Kairi about forgetting his name.

Crystal

Silver Member
Roxas is a special Nobody, with no memories.
His connection with Kairi might be through Sora's heart.

Stars

リク
I didn't know that xD
I thought it was just thru the connection of Sora's heart.

You remember the scene where Roxas talks to Kairi right? :D
It was Namine whom make them able to communicate anyway <3
Maybe this is also thru the connection between Sora and Kairi

Crystal

Silver Member
You remember the scene where Roxas talks to Kairi right? :D
It was Namine whom make them able to communicate anyway <3
Maybe this is also thru the connection between Sora and Kairi

Ah..i see
I have forget the scene xD
Why does Namine need to do that?

Light

faster than
Awards
Something to do with Roxas not fading away or vanishing or something. That's why you see him talking to Namine and Sora at the end of KH2.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Roxas is a Nobody. While it's always said the leftover body and soul is the Nobody, I think a better defintion would be this:
What's left over after a strong willed heart, which is predominate in the entity, becomes a Heartless.

This would explain why Namine is literally made from nothing, cause Kairi left nothing behind when Sora became a Heartless. And then this would explain why Roxas has Ven's heart.

Vanitas.

Roxas is a special nobody, one who carried around an injured, mostly inactive heart inside himself.
If one looks at Roxas's appearance it's easy to deduce whose heart that was.

Roxas still counts as a nobody because he used Sora's body and soul, only becoming an own person because he lacked Sora's memories and co-existed with him.
Basically, this.

Roxas is a nobody because he may have a heart, but it's Ven's injured heart. It's half a heart technically. You're not a full being unless you have a full heart. Roxas did not, so it makes him a "special nobody" (along with getting no memories from his somebody is another reason he's a special nobody).

On the other hand, say Roxas took Ven's full heart with him and it wasn't injured...technically, he would be his own being.
Roxas was basically 50% there to being a full being which is why he actually shed a tear as well.
Roxas took Sora's body and soul with him. If Roxas had Ven's full heart, he would be a complete being. He would not be considered a nobody.

Remember Xemnas? Xemnas didn't want his heart back. Instead he wanted a new heart. That is what basically Organization XIII was all about. They wanted to be different from their somebodies. They wanted a heart, yes. But not necessarily their own heart back..basically a different heart to be a new being but keeping with the same body they had. This is why Xemnas changed his name. He didn't want to be "Xehanort" nor "Ansem" anymore...he wanted to be "Xemnas" (with a heart).

So if Roxas took Ven's full heart with him he would have been a new being. Heck, if he took Sora's heart he would have been a new being. Even Uncle Scrooge's heart, he would have been a new being regardless.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Roxas is a nobody because he may have a heart, but it's Ven's injured heart. It's half a heart technically. You're not a full being unless you have a full heart. Roxas did not, so it makes him a "special nobody" (along with getting no memories from his somebody is another reason he's a special nobody).

Nobodies aren't classified by how incomplete they are, they're classified by how they've been rejected by light/dark.

This is why Xemnas changed his name. He didn't want to be "Xehanort" nor "Ansem" anymore...he wanted to be "Xemnas" (with a heart).
The name change was to reflect how they became new beings/Nobodies, IIRC.

So if Roxas took Ven's full heart with him he would have been a new being. Heck, if he took Sora's heart he would have been a new being. Even Uncle Scrooge's heart, he would have been a new being regardless.
If Roxas had Ven's active heart, he'd be Ven.
If Roxas had Sora's heart, he'd be Sora.
If Roxas had Uncle Scrooge's heart, he'd be Uncle Scrooge.

The heart defines the person, so long as it's active.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
And I thought it was Namine whom make Roxas able to communicate with Kairi?

Yeah, but what about that cutscene where Roxas was falling off the clock tower and ended up making contact with Kairi. Kairi asked him for a name and he replied, "It begins with an S."

She got it wrong until Roxas said, "Gee thanks a lot Kairi, you don't even remember my name."

And, after that she finally remembered his name. Namine wasn't there if I am not mistaking.

Crystal

Silver Member
Actually, how Namine messing people's memories? By drawing in the White-Room?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, but what about that cutscene where Roxas was falling off the clock tower and ended up making contact with Kairi. Kairi asked him for a name and he replied, "It begins with an S."

She got it wrong until Roxas said, "Gee thanks a lot Kairi, you don't even remember my name."

And, after that she finally remembered his name. Namine wasn't there if I am not mistaking.

Roxas tried to reach Naminé, but got Kairi instead, Naminé wasn't directly involved.

To be completely honest...it was not Roxas that talked to Kairi there.
Roxas only said "I know, you're that girl he likes." and introduced himself after Kairi asked who he was. Kairi then questioned him if the knows the other boy's name.
All other statements you mentioned following this (they're reversed however, the "Gee thanks a lot Kairi"-part came first.) where spoken by Sora through Roxas.

@LightandDark:
DiZ meant Sora's heart, Roxas attempting to contact Naminé let Sora's heart make contact with Kairi's, Sora, who was still sleeping at that time, practically "used" Roxas as a conduit to reach Kairi.

Crystal

Silver Member
Roxas tried to reach Naminé, but got Kairi instead, Naminé wasn't directly involved.

To be completely honest...it was not Roxas that talked to Kairi there.
Roxas only said "I know, you're that girl he likes." and introduced himself after Kairi asked who he was. Kairi then questioned him if the knows the other boy's name.
All other statements you mentioned following this (they're reversed however, the "Gee thanks a lot Kairi"-part came first.) where spoken by Sora through Roxas.

@LightandDark:
DiZ meant Sora's heart, Roxas attempting to contact Naminé let Sora's heart make contact with Kairi's, Sora, who was still sleeping at that time, practically "used" Roxas as a conduit to reach Kairi.

Hmm..so does Namine involved in messing the connection?

Vanitas.

If Roxas had Ven's active heart, he'd be Ven.
If Roxas had Sora's heart, he'd be Sora.
If Roxas had Uncle Scrooge's heart, he'd be Uncle Scrooge.

The heart defines the person, so long as it's active.
Not quite.
–The initial members of the Organization abandoned their hearts intentionally? Why, now, do they collect hearts?

Nomura: The reason is to have a ‘complete existence.’ KH1’s Ansem (Xehanort, stealing this name) had a purpose, and realizing that he had transcended being a human, turned into a Heartless. Xemnas remembers that purpose, but as a Nobody, ‘an empty shell,’ collects hearts to become complete. The other members of the Organization have their own expectations, but are there mainly for the purpose of collecting hearts to complete Kingdom Hearts, as only Xemnas stared ahead and made it a priority. It is natural that Nobodies, who do not have hearts, demand hearts, though it may seem that Sora’s defeating them is unnecessary, the Organization members don’t look for their own hearts, but collect many from unspecified persons, and use them instead, placing the hearts in a situation where they cannot go back to their origin.

Xemnas did not want his heart back. He wanted a different heart and so do the other members and this basically confirms it. If Roxas had Ven's full heart..he would be his own being. He would not be Ven.

Besides..his personality differs from Ven anyway. And his body and soul is used from Sora's, not Ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A heart and its memories form the person, if Roxas really would have had an healthy, uninjured heart, it would be just like Xehanort using Terra's body, only without a second heart in it (Sora's heart was still at his own existence thanks to Kairi).
So this "new" being would in that case have been Ventus using Sora's body and soul.
The being known as "Roxas" would never have been born as there would be no own memories to form the being "Roxas", it would be Ven.

That interview snippet from Nomura actually contradicts an actual statement from Kingdom Hearts II, where Saix clearly asks: "Kingdom Hearts, where is my heart?"
Saix and Axel once conversed also about getting their hearts back.
Larxene, Xaldin and Marluxia didn't want a heart anyways.

The part you bolded refers to the hearts the Organization held captive inside the artificial Kingdom Hearts formed by Xemnas, not that they intended to put them into their bodies.
What Xemnas truly wanted is to become a god-like being to reshape the universe, he didn't care about getting any heart, or rather, he wants to control all hearts and therefore enslave all life, as the real Master Xehanort wants.
The "we need to complete Kingdom Hearts to become whole" was the official story, but Xemnas had a hidden agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back