• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is poetry real?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryokaimus

i've been reading a lot of walt whitman and... a little bit of other poets. and honestly, it just doesnt really flow. i cant think of a real world where poetry would even be useful. do you guys like poetry, because to me, it's just useless, mindless, and i would rather read real books, like, um, the fucking newspaper. its pointless tbh

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Poetry, like all art, is a medium for communication between minds, a means of sharing an idea, a feeling, a thought. Art serves no purpose; it just is. And it is more mindless to neglect the beauty of the world we live in than to express it.

The newspaper is pointless. It's also not a book. News travels faster on the internet than through the press and, more often than not, at the same quality.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Its like longlivelife said, its like art, its beauty is within the eyes of the beholder

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
can we even say life is real today?
what even is real?

it's deep...

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Life now could really just be a dream and when we wake up then the harsh reality appears.

Poetry is what you want it to be.

1+1=FISHXD

petry is just another way to express yourself and your feelings xD although it wont really help you in your life it might help othe people take out there anger by writing sad poetry or something xD
Life now could really just be a dream and when we wake up then the harsh reality appears.
this aint inception bro xD

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
petry is just another way to express yourself and your feelings xD although it wont really help you in your life it might help othe people take out there anger by writing sad poetry or something xD
this aint inception bro xD

I was being more SRS than attempting to be funny when I said that

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
i've been reading a lot of walt whitman and... a little bit of other poets. and honestly, it just doesnt really flow. i cant think of a real world where poetry would even be useful. do you guys like poetry, because to me, it's just useless, mindless, and i would rather read real books, like, um, the bonking newspaper. its pointless tbh

images

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Totally agree. Poetry is the worst thing ever. Anyone who does it is mentally retarded.

wait

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
i've been reading a lot of walt whitman and... a little bit of other poets. and honestly, it just doesnt really flow. i cant think of a real world where poetry would even be useful. do you guys like poetry, because to me, it's just useless, mindless, and i would rather read real books, like, um, the fucking newspaper. its pointless tbh

Hahahahahaha yeah I guess it doesn't have the real world application of music or literature

Muse

you look atrocious
and i would rather read real books, like, um, the fucking newspaper.

what

On a serious note, poetry's just another art medium. Just like painting, music, sculpting, poetry's just another way to express yourself. Doesn't matter if you personally don't like it, plenty of people do.

I'm personally fond of limericks. And most people who like music should be fond of ballads. They're just another way to share emotions~

Macabre

Gold Member
i've been reading a lot of walt whitman and... a little bit of other poets. and honestly, it just doesnt really flow. i cant think of a real world where poetry would even be useful. do you guys like poetry, because to me, it's just useless, mindless, and i would rather read real books, like, um, the bonking newspaper. its pointless tbh

Disregarding an entire art form and calling it useless and mindless because you don't enjoy it, wow. You can't imagine a world where poetry is useful? You're living in one.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I prefer books also, but that's just because I'm dense and need things explained to me.

Though I've read a few nice poems before.

O

Oberon

I feel like poetry is real, and it can be very dramatic and deep when done right. It's a way to use the language to explain something in a way that no ordinary person can do off the top of their head. It's an art, however relevant it may be to everyone else, that speaks of even the most insignificant things in profound ways. I could go on, but you get the idea... poetry is a real way to communicate something.

Poetry, like all art, is a medium for communication between minds, a means of sharing an idea, a feeling, a thought. Art serves no purpose; it just is. And it is more mindless to neglect the beauty of the world we live in than to express it.

The newspaper is pointless. It's also not a book. News travels faster on the internet than through the press and, more often than not, at the same quality.
To be honest, the newspaper is useful and they don't call it a daily miracle for nothing. But this is a different topic entirely.

Emo-Tional

I think poetry is very real ~ Conveys what the writing is feeling to the audience :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back