• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is anybody else confused with why Axel is changing sides?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneycat2012

Banned
Is anybody else confused or agree with meh that axel is acting weird with joing sides with sora ? i thought he would stay in the organization . But i hear from others that the only reason why axel is changing sides is because he wants roxas back from sora's memories . Dose anybody else actually feel confused of why Axel is changing sides ? O_O

Plz comment if someone could help meh out with understanding or just agreeing with me ? XD

Also nobody ask wy i posted it on Foyer i did it by mistake XD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Is anybody else confused with why Axel is changing sides ? O_O

Axel already changed sides half-way through Kingdom Hearts 2, although he is for a while only on his own side, by the end when he sacrificed himself he was already firmly on Sora's side, mainly because he knows that Roxas is now trapped inside Sora and anything bad happening to Sora would by proxy also be bad for Roxas.

Axel's complete loyalty was also never set in stone and fluctuated over time.

Btw, I think a mod should move this to the appropriate section as it's a KH-specific one.

shaneycat2012

Banned

Axel already changed sides half-way through Kingdom Hearts 2, although he is for a while only on his own side, by the end when he sacrificed himself he was already firmly on Sora's side, mainly because he knows that Roxas is now trapped inside Sora and anything bad happening to Sora would by proxy also be bad for Roxas.

Axel's complete loyalty was also never set in stone and fluctuated over time.

Btw, I think a mod should move this to the appropriate section as it's a KH-specific one.
Yea i agree that he suddenly desided to be loyal to sora and the gang :) And the real and only reason i could think that he would do such a thing is because he wanted to protect sora because roxas was inside him.

And Soz about putting it on here XD first time making my own XD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yea i agree that he suddenly desided to be loyal to sora and the gang :) And the real and only reason i could think that he would do such a thing is because he wanted to protect sora because roxas was inside him.

And Soz about putting it on here XD first time making my own XD

The game may make it seemingly look like it's sudden, but I would think that Axel surely contemplated on it for a while, we just do not get to see anything on it because so much in KH 2 happens behind the scenes.

The focus is almost always on Sora, Donald and Goofy messing around in the Disney worlds while DiZ, Mickey, Naminé, Riku and Axel get to do plenty of interesting stuff off-screen.

---

It's not really a problem. I already asked a mod about it. ;)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Is axel really on anyone side. He serves his own intrests. He always has, they said so in chain of memoies no one knows what he is thinking. Dude could be considered tritogonist at this point he has his own story goin since he real goal is reviving his freinds Isa, Roxas, mby xion

Gram

Banned
Awards

^Pretty much that. Axel is on whatever side gets him his friends back. And that side happens to be soras is all. Though given what's happened over the course of the series I doubt Axel would ever work for a Xehanort in any form again.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

And considering the curbstomp I gave him, I doubt he'd ever find himself against Sora again (aside from a friendly match).

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Yup, that's right. Ever since his first appearance in CoM, Axel is almost always very grey when it comes to sides.

I actually don't find it hard to visualise Lea waiting for a perfect opportunity to drive that Keyblade of his into Sora's chest to release Roxas. Of course that's unlikely to happen, but had he, for some wacky and outlandish reason, obtained his Keyblade in KH2, I'm pretty sure he would've done that.

Yup, Axel is (was) that flexible in taking sides. He'd have no concern in doing all the icky jobs.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

It was clear that he had a disdain for the icky jobs. That was due to actually having a heart. He's cold-blooded, I'll give him that. Though I doubt he'd try to force Roxas' reappearance. Not only would he have to deal with Riku, who'd end his shit...again, but he'd have Yoda Mickey, Kairi, Yen Sid, Donald, Goofy, and the newborn nobody (which may or may not be Roxas) to deal with.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Ah, that so? Thanks for clarifying. I always thought that he was actually being with "yeah, yeah", nonchalant attitude when saying so. It's like when he disposed of Zexion under Saïx's order, he didn't seem to mind that.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Ah, that so? Thanks for clarifying. I always thought that he was actually being with "yeah, yeah", nonchalant attitude when saying so. It's like when he disposed of Zexion under Saïx's order, he didn't seem to mind that.

Zexion seems like the type of person who'd get on Axel's nerves by lording his intelligence over him. Considering that he either felt nothing from Zexion or he felt anger from him, it's not surprising that he'd off him.

Axel: He's (Roxas) the only one that I liked. He made me feel like I had a heart. You make me feel the same.

Which ends the possibility of Axel Lea attacking Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards

True but later in the days secret reports he does mention feeling some guilt over using Repliku to do it.

HollowNobody

To be all honest, he's kinda like Ven and Sora. He'll do whatever he can for his friends. Its assumed he befreinded Roxas because he looked like Ven, and he's now with Sora because of Roxas, but has also seen Sora as a friend...sorta, if their little side-by-side banter in the passge between showed anything. He just goes about helping differently. I'm sure we'll figure him out in KH3, however, being the fangirl I am, I wouldn't mind a spin off for Lea learning how ta use that keyblade of his. :3 but that's off topic.

To be fair, I don't see him fighting Sora and gang either. For starters, Lea has always had his own agenda, but he isn't a traitor to his friends. And before anyone says he betrayed Iosa, he hasn't. He wants his friends back, Isa has changed and he wants to fix it. I think he feels guilty for not stopping those changes and (even if he doesn't remember her) I think in his heart he still feels guilty about Xion. He tried to stop her, if u watch days, he didn't want things to change, but it spiraled out of his control. That's how I feel. He wants to make amends. So he'll do whatever he has to, but he won't betray his friends to do so I think.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

'Course he won't. I was only imagining the situation in which Lea would do so, and not only it's highly unlikely, it's totally impossible.

It's clear that he's in Sora's side right now, and that they're already in good terms with each other. Besides, just like Genocide had said, he's going to have a hard time should he try anything funny this time around.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Axel certainly was a man of the grey, but I'd say his character across the series has grown quite a bit to a point beyond the grey. Lea has always held friendship in high esteem, and in BBS all he wanted to do was make a lasting impression in somebody's memories because he liked making friends that much.

In KH2, his drive to essentially try to lure Sora in a trap to get Roxas out of him was born from his deep rooted desire to feel what he felt when he spent time with Roxas (and Xion) during the year Sora slept. He was lonely, and sad, and didn't know what else he could do to bring back his first friend in almost ten years that made him feel alive again. He made a promise to Roxas (and Xion) that he'd bring him back no matter what and Axel doesn't break his promises.

When Axel sacrifices himself to save Sora from the Dusks, it was the first time in a long time that he felt that feeling of having a heart like when he was with Roxas (and Xion)...and I think that alone would make somebody loyal to regardless of their previous convictions. Sora's own capacity to love and connect with other people is rather powerful, especially to those of a similar heart and Lea definitely has the same kind of heart.

Lea won't betray Sora, certainly not now. He's already saved his life twice, and probably considers him a friend. He's always been distrusting of the Organization because of his and Saix's own reasons, only listening to orders as Axel because he didn't want to be axed. Lea will probably still do things because of his own motivations, but he's got a heart now and something worth fighting for.

HollowNobody

I totally agre Spocky. :3 besides, I feel that he'll fight Isa in hopes of getting his old friend back. I hope that'll b a bossfight...but again off topic. I've always liked Lea, so I know he'll keep surprising us until the very end.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Oh I know. :3 I just felt like expressing my thoughts yah? I has that tendency to get carried away...

No, no, I didn't mean to offend you. Haha. I'm sorry if I came across as such. That was directed on my earlier statement.

Axel certainly was a man of the grey, but I'd say his character across the series has grown quite a bit to a point beyond the grey. Lea has always held friendship in high esteem, and in BBS all he wanted to do was make a lasting impression in somebody's memories because he liked making friends that much.

In KH2, his drive to essentially try to lure Sora in a trap to get Roxas out of him was born from his deep rooted desire to feel what he felt when he spent time with Roxas (and Xion) during the year Sora slept. He was lonely, and sad, and didn't know what else he could do to bring back his first friend in almost ten years that made him feel alive again. He made a promise to Roxas (and Xion) that he'd bring him back no matter what and Axel doesn't break his promises.

When Axel sacrifices himself to save Sora from the Dusks, it was the first time in a long time that he felt that feeling of having a heart like when he was with Roxas (and Xion)...and I think that alone would make somebody loyal to regardless of their previous convictions. Sora's own capacity to love and connect with other people is rather powerful, especially to those of a similar heart and Lea definitely has the same kind of heart.

Lea won't betray Sora, certainly not now. He's already saved his life twice, and probably considers him a friend. He's always been distrusting of the Organization because of his and Saix's own reasons, only listening to orders as Axel because he didn't want to be axed. Lea will probably still do things because of his own motivations, but he's got a heart now and something worth fighting for.

Exactly. This is well said. While Axel was a shady character, Lea certainly isn't. Although brief, that exchange between him and Ventus in BbS as well as the promise he had made to Roxas and Xion as Axel serve as a reminder of his loyalty and upholding of the value of friendship.

sora x kairi

OK there are Probally many reasons for Axel to change sides if you were him would you? I would for sure to really be honest because he has basically become Lea and he basically isn't a nobody right :) I agree that Axel has chosen the right choice or mabyhes done what he had to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back