• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Injustice: Gods Among Us

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Injustice: Gods Among US, A DC Super Hero Fighting Game

I don't know if I understand what this is. Clearly it's a different Earth. OK, no problem there.

but......... Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe sucked big time. They've got a lot to prove here.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Not really -- they proved enough with MK9. MK vs DC was their last failure, even though I personally didn't think it was that bad. I can only assume part of the reason it wasn't better was because of the sinking ship that was Midway and another part being the fact that it was the first time they handled the franchise. Of course, I am strictly speaking about the gameplay.

When it comes to storytelling NRS isn't exactly top-notch. No offense to those guys (or anyone else that likes their writing), but the only way I think the story will be good is if they have someone from DC help write it up. You know, just like most superhero games are now.

Game should be fine as long as they stick to 2D. Although so far I don't have much of an opinion of this; need to see more.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Eh, I'm not really a fan of Mortal Kombat.

And this looks like a gimmicky Mortal Kombat.

:/

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

I don't know if I understand what this is. Clearly it's a different Earth. OK, no problem there.

but......... Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe sucked big time. They've got a lot to prove here.

Wait, how is it a different Earth?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

When the fuck are we gonna get a Marvel vs. DC game? I don't even wanna be told that the game wouldn't sell. Because it would.

I would buy it any day of the week. Deadpool VS. Deathstrike.

On another note, I think this looks like a Mortal Kombat-clone. I just want a unique fighting game, I'm not saying it's gonna be bad, but if it's just Mortal Kombat with Batman and Superman instead of Sub-Zero and Scorpion, what's the point?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

When the fuck are we gonna get a Marvel vs. DC game? I don't even wanna be told that the game wouldn't sell. Because it would.
It's got nothing to do with that. It'll never happen for the same reason we won't ever see them crossover in the comics again: Disney and Warners have no interest in promoting each others characters.

Wait, how is it a different Earth?
The costumes are significantly different than their New 52 counterparts or even pre-Flashpoint costumes. That, and the name "Injustice" says to me that these versions of the characters are not good guys.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Isn't Harley Quinn's costume very similar to her current New 52 attire?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Eh, I'm not really a fan of Mortal Kombat.

And this looks like a gimmicky Mortal Kombat.

:/

and u look like my butt `3`

On another note, I think this looks like a Mortal Kombat-clone. I just want a unique fighting game, I'm not saying it's gonna be bad, but if it's just Mortal Kombat with Batman and Superman instead of Sub-Zero and Scorpion, what's the point?

On what exactly do you base this? Sure, it looks similar in the same way SFxT looks similar to SSFIV, but yet are different. It's the same developer, so of course it will look familiar. Doesn't mean that this is just MK with DC characters. The scale appears to be much bigger for one.

But yeah, I have to agree with Stooge in that it looks like a different Earth.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

and u look like my butt `3`

On what exactly do you base this? Sure, it looks similar in the same way SFxT looks similar to SSFIV, but yet are different. It's the same developer, so of course it will look familiar. Doesn't mean that this is just MK with DC characters. The scale appears to be much bigger for one.

But yeah, I have to agree with Stooge in that it looks like a different Earth.

Like I said, it only looks like it. I'm a DC fan, so don't think I'm not gonna at least check it out.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

The costumes are significantly different than their New 52 counterparts or even pre-Flashpoint costumes. That, and the name "Injustice" says to me that these versions of the characters are not good guys.
I'd say the brutality in that vid would give the impression even without the title, but that's just me.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Super Heroes)

Like I said, it only looks like it. I'm a DC fan, so don't think I'm not gonna at least check it out.

You were partially implying the assumption by saying "if" and asking "what's the point?". My point was that it is still too early to be saying anything like that.

The thought didn't even occur to me, nor do I see any relevance for you bring that up.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

That, and the name "Injustice" says to me that these versions of the characters are not good guys.

An obvious loophole to their previous issues of not being able to give the heroes fatalities. But since this isn't a Mortal Kombat title, I wonder if fatalities will even be an issue.

I loved MK9, its story mode was the most welcome addition to the fighting game genre since Ultras imo. I'm not digging the overall look of the game, personally. Though I think it's cool how similar this Batman looks to Nolan's, and the knives in Grundy's back is a nice touch. I liked MK vs DC well enough, despite thinking it would be stupid when they first announced it, but I don't think any super-heroes should be confined to their own fighting game. We'll see, though.

I don't think Ed Boon realizes how good a game MK: Shaolin Monks was. If this game played like that game, it would be off the fucking chain.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Last Mortal Kombat's story was interesting, but it dropped off the map for me (and most of the FGC) after about 3 days due to the bland gameplay. I couldn't get into the gameplay very much unless it was like 4 people doing tag-team, that actually made it fun. I'll wait to say anything about this and be patient for gameplay before judging though.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

That's the new 52 costumes to be exact.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

No it's not, all three are completely different universes/costumes. And I can see the similarities to Future Flash's armor. In the thumbnail for the video in the OP, I also thought that was Future Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back