• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm seeing an uncomfortable parallel between Xehanort and another character...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

And by that I don't mean Sora, Riku, or Kairi.

I was reading the Xehanort reports out of boredom again, and something snapped in my head. When you read the reports, you see Xehanort's evil plots alright, but you also witness his development and personal musings on light and darkness.

Now, most of you probably know this, but I'll state it anyways. Master Xehanort was not always someone attuned to the darkness. Indeed, he was originally a keyblade knight in the same order as Eraqus was, to the point that Master Eraqus considered him his brother, even after he blasted his face with darkness.

The reports aren't too specific, but there is one thing quite clear. One day, Master Xehanort started to become curious about the darkness, and thus started playing around with it more and more. A very significant and specific step that he used to become attuned to darkness was the removal of his armor in order to be exposed to darkness.

Now, we all know about the need for armor and/or dark cloaks when it comes to the darkness. Organization 13 doesn't wear those trendy cloaks for nothing, the darkness one is exposed to whilst traveling between worlds is dangerous. That's why one wears armor, a cloak and/or uses gummi ships, exposure to darkness can end poorly.

Before I get on to my main point, which most of you can probably guess by now, I'll talk about something else mentioned in the Xehanort report. Xehanort expresses curiosity in the Realm of Darkness. While it's never explicitly said he went there, there's at the very least an expression of him having a strong desire to go there, and when you finish fighting him at the end of the last episode in Birth By Sleep, he opens up a portal to the dark realm, suggesting that he is familiar with it.

This is important, because in summary, Master Xehanort gained such control and attunement to darkness through two important steps.

Firstly, he shed his armor and allowed his body to be exposed to the darkness then, he at the very least, made some kind of connection to the realm of darkness

We also know that almost without fail, people who end up in the realm of darkness end up forming some kind of connection to it as well. Riku and Ansem the Wise both managed to control the darkness during their time there(Although Riku had quite a bit of experience beforehand and his control was arguably only complete after the events of COM). Even Mickey ended up using the keyblade from the realm.

The point I am getting at here is that there is a character whose circumstances aren't all too different from Xehanort. There is a KEY difference between them, and I'll talk about that at the end, but in terms of circumstances the two have an eerie kinship. I speak of Aqua. True, she did not end up in the realm of darkness by choice, and she did not shed her armor by choice, but all the same she did it.

Darkness, at least it has always seemed to be to me, in the Kingdom Hearts universe is a natural force. Exposure to it leads to experience with it, and I have to say, Aqua walking around in the realm of darkness without her armor OR a black cloak for such an extended period of time is in all likelihood going to have some side effects. Not having armor in the lanes between is bad enough, but if the lanes inbetween can be seen as a sprinkler of darkness then the realm of darkness is a torrential lightning storm of storm.

I think it's almost inevitable for Aqua's severe exposure to darkness to have side effects. After all, it's the same physical circumstance, if not an even more severe one, than what Master Xehanort went through.

Of course, even though Master Xehanort and Aqua have the circumstances similar, they differ completely in terms of motivation.

Master Xehanort shed his armor to fuel his own ambition and curiosity, Aqua did it to save a friend. And in terms of forming a connection to the realm of darkness, the same motivations apply.

So fear not, even though darkness very well have an effect on Aqua's body, I don't think for a moment it'll make her into anything less than the knight in shining armor she is.

Well, let me correct that. If my theory is correct, Aqua will soon become a knight in dark but still totally a good guy armor.

What do you guys think of the matter?

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I ever noticed that before. Seeing as Aqua goes suicidal before Ven's and Terra's Keyblades come to the rescue, and the fact that she replies she's forgoten how to smile afterwards, the Realm of Darkness might have at least affected her mood if nothing else.

Ronove

Well, we don't quite fully KNOW what effect the place has had on her yet. We know she survives it, but from watching the secret episode, I can safely say it's one rough place. Because the Realm of Darkness is so fierce, so potent, I think it HAS to have some sort of effect on her. Remember, not wearing armor in the comparatively calmer lanes inbetween is not advisable. If it's dangerous to not wear armor there, then not wearing armor in the Realm of Darkness must be an even worse situation.

Crystal

Silver Member
I never thought of Aqua having the same situation like Xehanort, i mean,she remove her armor in the dark to saves her friend.

Aqua never be a Knight of Dark. But she might get some influence of darkness, since she stay in RoD quite a long time.
By the time, when Aqua really come out from RoD, I think she cannot say to be having a strong light.

Ronove

Well, she won't be like Vanitas, certainly. But if she ends up shooting off a few dark firagas from time to time I won't be surprised.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have thought of something similar to this, but it is interesting, but if you think about it, King Mickey and Ansem did the same, and they are still good guys, but than again Aqua was in for eleven years or more so we don't know for sure. Maybe she might rely on the power of Darkness in the future.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
and when you finish fighting him at the end of the last episode in Birth By Sleep, he opens up a portal to the dark realm, suggesting that he is familiar with it.

That was probably more along the lines of "Guardian disintegrating into a pool of darkness that also happened to be a portal to the RoD." Guardian disintegrated after MX stabbed himself, meaning after MX lost full control.

We also know that almost without fail, people who end up in the realm of darkness end up forming some kind of connection to it as well. Riku and Ansem the Wise both managed to control the darkness during their time there(Although Riku had quite a bit of experience beforehand and his control was arguably only complete after the events of COM).
Riku and AtW learned to control their darkness in the Realm of Nothingness.

Darkness, at least it has always seemed to be to me, in the Kingdom Hearts universe is a natural force. Exposure to it leads to experience with it, and I have to say, Aqua walking around in the realm of darkness without her armor OR a black cloak for such an extended period of time is in all likelihood going to have some side effects. Not having armor in the lanes between is bad enough, but if the lanes inbetween can be seen as a sprinkler of darkness then the realm of darkness is a torrential lightning storm of storm.

I think it's almost inevitable for Aqua's severe exposure to darkness to have side effects. After all, it's the same physical circumstance, if not an even more severe one, than what Master Xehanort went through.

If anything, I'd bet the purpose of the armor (and the cloaks, for that matter) is to protect one's heart from darkness. However, Aqua has a strong heart, so I'd say the armor wasn't so necessary.

That being said, I actually would be interested to see Aqua put into a situation where she needs her armor, for whatever reason.

Crystal

Silver Member
Well, she won't be like Vanitas, certainly. But if she ends up shooting off a few dark firagas from time to time I won't be surprised.

Or she is able to control the darkness even she get influence?

ChrisP

It might have an effect on Aqua. I think it will have a small effect, making her heart a little bit more darkness, I'm not sure though...

Ronove

@Eraser Rain
Yeah, Aqua has a very strong heart, but she is also in a realm of pure darkness. Darkness is a natural force, and being surrounded by it to such a large degree has to have SOME effects.

@Crystal
It's up in the air. I think the best idea is to have her come to understand that darkness is not inherently evil, thus enabling her to understand Terra's actions a bit better too.

@chihuahuaman
I think the theme is going to pop up somehow. If the trailer at the end of final mix is to be believed, she'll have a major, if not THE major spot in BBS Volume II. To be in a realm of darkness and not understand darkness is a waste, in my opinion.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Having a strong heart doesn't mean that the darkness wouldn't be able to reach it I would say. I think in BBSV2, Aqua will end up using more darkness commands.

Crystal

Silver Member
Master Eraqus does having a strong heart. I mean, he absolutely believe in light, but at the end i think he might have some influece by the darkness.

So, I don't think strong heart can makes someone not influece by darkness but just have to control.

Ronove

@ChrisP
Personally, I'd prefer her to balance light and dark, as we've really yet to see someone do that and make it stick.

@Silverslide
I think that if BBS 2 ends up having Aqua as the main playable character we'll have an even greater chance of seeing that.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the darkness will change her the next time we see her post blank points

Ronove

Yeah. Although Darkness doesn't seem to have an effect on one's physical appearance unless one gets too carried away with it.

Absolute

I see the darkness causing her to lose commands or levels so we have to relevel her up if she is the playable character in BBS2.

Ronove

Gah! I can TOTALLY see it happening like that too. I do wonder how they'll tackle justifying the whole leveling system if not through that.

Dark Wing

Awards
when they explained the whole bit about the cloaks and armor, they were talking about traveling through the Corridors of Darkness to travel between worlds, not the Realm of Darkness, and I'm relatively sure those 2 things are different, aren't they?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't think It's her faith in her friends and the bonds she made with them that keeps the darkness a at bay personally I don't think there will be any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back