• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you're blind, can you still "see" in your dreams?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumja

Yippee Ki Yay, mofo
Website
www.myspace.com
A paradox, perhaps?

I was watching Scent of a Woman and the thought just hit me.
In my dreams at least, i see things all the time.
So in my opinion i think blind people can see in their dreams.
Now if you were born blind that's a different story, since you could never see reality to drive your creative subconscious in the first place.
But still, if anybody has any relatives who are blind or know anybody who is blind, I would encourage you to ask them, cause everyone might have a different answer.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
From what I know, everyone dreams.
And in our dreams we are able to use each of the senses that we've experienced them before in the real life.

So, a person born blind who's never experienced the sense of sight for see in their dreams.
But, a person who once could see, but lost their sight and became blind, will see in their dreams.

It's the same with all the 5 Senses.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A blind person dreaming would probably 'attempt' to see, but it would be based upon what others have told them seeing is like, so if blind people 'see' at all when they dream, it'd be distorted.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
If you were born blind and still capable of dreaming, it'd probably be some messed up looking stuff.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
αsiя;5240387 said:
I'll ask my aunt the next time I see her.

I actually want to hear this myself, so I'll stay tuned to this thread.

I actually think all blind people 'see' in their dreams would be a flourish of color, with no real form. But, again, it would be interesting to hear from an actual blind person what the experience is like.

O

Oberon

probably depends. if the person in question has been blind since birth (completely), then i'd expect them to have very, very abstract dreams involving random shapes, objects, colors, etc. i'm sure projections of how people are shaped are included as well, due to the fact blind people can still feel and figure out those shapes. It might just be the color and look of things (of course) that are just odd in the dreams.

so they probably dream, it's probably just very disoriented... compared to someone who can see, of course.

E

Eyesore

...I can't believe this is a serious question.
No, it's not a fucking paradox, it's called mental imagery.

impart

Climb The Sky
lol, yeah.

dreams are cool.
ive dreamed and woke up only remembering an emotion
that must be how it is with them,
different, but all in all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back