• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ideas for the Next KH saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I see what you mean with murder mystery loool. But who would you think could be the person that sees the random dude?

Vmkblaster1

I think it would be badass to have a villain corrupted by light and have really beautiful vibrant white hair with white or even blackish eyes! Or it could be about the 13 seekers of darkness losing and then there could be a twist like, the 13 seekers weren't even that powerful, cause the new series's would be about the white hair guy and the 13 princes of heart of light or even dark! It sounds cool!

G-SANtos

Awards
A villain that does the opposite of Xehanort: While Xehanort splits his heart to create many copies of him, the new villain absorbs the hearts of many Keyblade wielders in order to wield multiple Keyblades at the same time and become the most powerful wielder of all.

EDIT: Also, Lea is the Keyblade teacher for Roxas, Naminé, and Xion, and maybe even Isa, in Twilight Town, while Aqua is training a new character, or a reborn and redeemed Young Xehanort, in the Land of Departure.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
A villain that does the opposite of Xehanort: While Xehanort splits his heart to create many copies of him, the new villain absorbs the hearts of many Keyblade wielders in order to wield multiple Keyblades at the same time and become the most powerful wielder of all.

I kinda like this. I'm always a sucker for dual wielding and having tons of keyblades floating around, a bit like Final Form Sora would be... pretty badass can't deny that.

Caxinuld

Awards
Oddly enough, I haven't thought about the next saga that much, although I suspect Braig/Xigbar will be the villain of the next saga. As for characters, I'd be really happy to move away from the characters in the Xehanort Saga, Kingdom Hearts has lasted for 14 years & I'd love to see a completely new cast, especially if there is more diversity. The most prominent thing about the characters is that the female cast often isn't treated well since Kairi doesn't get to shine in the games, Larxene isn't likeable, Olette isn't interesting & Namine+Xion aren't completely unique due to both of them coming from Sora whether they be a Nobody or Replica.

I'd love to see more moments of friendship & struggles between the characters, it wasn't really reinforced after 358/2 Days (Birth By Sleep is the biggest offender, how could Tetsuya squander the Million Dreams Festival in BBS & not have TAV hang out & forget about the drama between them, even if it's for just one day?) Speaking of struggles, I feel like more human struggles such as dealing with bigotry, physical disabilities or mental illnesses could be included to make the characters more relatable. I also find it baffling that there are no examples of familial love being shown or affecting the plot despite the mention of family members in the KH universe.

A female villain would also be refreshing, especially if they're interesting, relatable & likeable, but not to the point that we start rooting for them instead of the heroes of the saga. I also don't want a repeat of Xehanort & his Seekers of Darkness, I'd rather just have the villain completely disappear or return as themselves with a good reason, not as a heartless, nobody, vessel or reappear via time travel to continue the saga.

As for worlds, I can't really suggest any since I don't know how to tie the lore of Kingdom Hearts to a disney world that may or may not have anything in common between the two.

Since we have the Kingdom Key, which is based on the Lever lock key & Fenrir is based on a Pin Tumblr, I feel like there should be a Keyblade inspired by a Tubular key.

I think the titles should be a lot simpler, it's an absolute mouthful trying to say something like 358/2 Days or 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage.

Lightupthesky raises a pretty interesting idea about a villain dedicated to ridding the world of Keyblade wielders for all the meddling in other worlds & uses the Keyblade War as the biggest reason they should not exist.

A new saga would be the best opportunity to create a simpler story, but that doesn't mean I don't want plot twists or mysteries, I just don't want to see plot twists for the sake of shock value or developments that completely screw up parts of the story. I have no idea how a new saga would even be set up after KH3 & whether or not it will continue from the end of KH3 or take place in a completely different time period (it could be anywhere from a year to a millennium after the end of the Xehanort Saga.)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Actually, I do want the naming to stay the same because I absolutely adore the names and how much symbolism they have.

I see what you mean with murder mystery loool. But who would you think could be the person that sees the random dude?
Literally nobody? Again, this is too fanfictiony to happen. And if it does happen, which it won't, I'll jump ship lol

Griewer

Awards
Yeah, but you still tried to give Riku a more prominent role, which he does not need (Jeez, when will people understand?).

Actually he does since he's the second protagonist next to Sora. And considering how the fanbase likes the character he will indeed get more prominent roles in future titles (hopefully <_<).

-----

What we TRULY need is LEGO Kingdom Hearts. :DD

Muke

whatever
Awards
Actually he does since he's the second protagonist next to Sora. And considering how the fanbase likes the character he will indeed get more prominent roles in future titles (hopefully <_<).

-----

What we TRULY need is LEGO Kingdom Hearts. :DD
No, he doesn't. He already had his fair share - his character arc is also over. Heck, he was the main protagonist in DDD. He had COM. Let other characters get the spotlight for once.

Griewer

Awards
No, he doesn't. He already had his fair share - his character arc is also over. Heck, he was the main protagonist in DDD. He had COM. Let other characters get the spotlight for once.

Well as I said he IS the deuteragonist of Kingdom Hearts, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is more important than Sora's fifth incarnation (commonly known as Xion...or Roxas... or was it Naminé? :D). Anyway most cast of Kingdom Hearts got plenty of moments for themselves as well. Kairi is probably the only single important character not to get any decent development, but that doesn't mean that others shouldn't get anything. It isn't limited to one character / game.

Any amyway we're talking about future titles beyond the Xehanort Saga. In the new saga basically everyone will start with a clean slate (unless it'll be a direct continuity) which means everyone can and should get new arcs.
With that said I believe that besides Sora not many of the original cast will return. I'd love Riku and Kairi to make an appearance, but to be honest I'd prefer a 90% new cast for any future stories beyond the Xehanort Saga with possible cameos from old characters.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well as I said he IS the deuteragonist of Kingdom Hearts, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he is more important than Sora's fifth incarnation (commonly known as Xion...or Roxas... or was it Naminé? :D). Anyway most cast of Kingdom Hearts got plenty of moments for themselves as well. Kairi is probably the only single important character not to get any decent development, but that doesn't mean that others shouldn't get anything. It isn't limited to one character / game.
I never even mentioned Kairi, have I? I said "other characters" - not only Kairi.
Riku being the deuteragonist doesn't justify him getting 1.) more development than the protagonist and 2.) him being literally the most prominent character.

Other franchises can flesh out so many characters as well, so why can't KH?

Griewer

Awards
I never even mentioned Kairi, have I? I said "other characters" - not only Kairi.
Riku being the deuteragonist doesn't justify him getting 1.) more development than the protagonist and 2.) him being literally the most prominent character.

Who "others" are we talking about? :'D
Besides Kairi every MAIN character was protagonist in at least one game or was present in enough games to get a decent character arc. And no, Naminé and Xion are not main characters, they are secondary ones. Roxas and Axel are one step more important and they got TONS of screentime in Days.
Terra, Aqua and Ven are different cookies. Terra's story is completed by looking at the Xehanort story. Ventus alone has no weight mostly because he's like Roxas without darkness. That only leaves Aqua who is getting her story finisher next January.

As for Riku: He didn't get more development than the main character. He had a more visible transition since he tried to stab you in KH1 and got himself stabbed in KH2 for you. Redemption arcs are always the most visual developments. And he's nowhere near as prominent as Sora. Watch them games again and see how many people yell or utter the name "Sora" and then check how many does the same with Riku. (even though I know Sora's every third word is Riku in KH2 but still :DDD)

Thing is... if you want a character to develop, they need flaws. Problem is, most characters in KH have actually no flaws of their own. They have problems, but 95% is connected to Sora or Xehanort or both, thus alone they can't do anything about it. Riku on the other hand had a character flaw that's why he could develop.

Chuuya

Awards
Actually, I do want the naming to stay the same because I absolutely adore the names and how much symbolism they have.

Literally nobody? Again, this is too fanfictiony to happen. And if it does happen, which it won't, I'll jump ship lol
Muke, it's just an idea.
I was just wanting input to see who would be better of a person for a role like that other than Riku.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Who "others" are we talking about? :'D
I don't know myself, just someone else than Riku and Sora for once. :')
I mean, okay, Aqua is getting her own game - NICE! Now let's do this with someone else (Kairi pls <3). Damn, now I mentioned her! D:

And no, Naminé and Xion are not main characters, they are secondary ones. Roxas and Axel are one step more important and they got TONS of screentime in Days.
Naminé and who? :p
Yeah, Roxas and Axel did get enough screentime in both Days and KH2.

Terra, Aqua and Ven are different cookies. Terra's story is completed by looking at the Xehanort story. Ventus alone has no weight mostly because he's like Roxas without darkness. That only leaves Aqua who is getting her story finisher next January.
Gotta agree with that.

Thing is... if you want a character to develop, they need flaws. Problem is, most characters in KH have actually no flaws of their own. They have problems, but 95% is connected to Sora or Xehanort or both, thus alone they can't do anything about it. Riku on the other hand had a character flaw that's why he could develop.
HUH… you're right, actually. Wow. I never thought about it that way!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I also don't want a repeat of Xehanort & his Seekers of Darkness, I'd rather just have the villain completely disappear or return as themselves with a good reason, not as a heartless, nobody, vessel or reappear via time travel to continue the saga.

I was actually thinking about this last night. So what do you think a good alternative would be?^^ Someone akin to Voldermort, who is the main antagonist the whole time, that you fight a lot, but never defeat until the end? But even then, that sort of screams of Xehanort--even if he or she isn't being defeated and coming back as multiple copies of themselves.

So maybe we need multiple villains, then? Like, each game has a new villain, with a new plot, that gets completely sorted out in that game ala The Vampire Diaries books?

Or perhaps one Big Bad, but each game we're fighting their minions--and getting closer to them--until finally we get to fight and defeat them in the last game?

-remembers the heroes of olympus series, that fleshed out five brand new characters and two old ones, fondly.- :)

@Griewer and Howler I think what Muke's trying to get at, is the fact that Riku is by far the most developed character in this series and we really don't need anymore of that at the moment. Otherwise, he's going to usurp Sora's role (and already kind of has).

It's kind of like how Akemi Homura, in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, sort of ended up stealing Kaname Madoka's spotlight (unfortunately), because the developers clearly favored her a lot, and have now collectively given her much more agency and time than they have Madoka now!

And I'm kind of confused about how characters saying Sora's name so much, or whatever, means development for him? Because it doesn't? Sora hasn't really had a character arc or growth since CoM (though I am hoping his experiences in DDD will develop him some for III).

And actually, that whole thing about everything revolving around Sora annoys me, and I see it as a fault for this series. Mainly for the reasons this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qX1uoZZRKU says at 2:18-2:56, in their annoyance about everything in The Mortal Instruments series revolving around Jace. And also because it sort of breaks Nomura's "normal boy" idea about Sora, if everyone treats him like a god.

Furthermore, Muke's right about other character needing it more.

I would adore a Naminé game, for instance. She's pretty much been the main girl in this series for years (until Aqua recently), so I think it only fitting that we finally play as her. And I think it could lead to some interesting gameplay bits for once, since she doesn't have a Keyblade, and who knows what she'd do? And I know for sure that a ton of people actually have voiced wanting a Naminé game before.

You know what? Just give me a female bonding game in general. Never gonna happen, but I can dream. This series is filled to the brim with male bonding stories, and it's probably even the main focus of it (and Nomura used that same idea with Versus XIII/FFXV), while girls and girl friendships get no focus at all. So if Nomura focused on them for at least one game, I think it would be a nice breath of fresh air and give me more confidence in his writing abilities and whatnot again.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I was actually thinking about this last night. So what do you think a good alternative would be?^^ Someone akin to Voldermort, who is the main antagonist the whole time, that you fight a lot, but never defeat until the end? But even then, that sort of screams of Xehanort--even if he or she isn't being defeated and coming back as multiple copies of themselves.

So maybe we need multiple villains, then? Like, each game has a new villain, with a new plot, that gets completely sorted out in that game ala The Vampire Diaries books?

Or perhaps one Big Bad, but each game we're fighting their minions--and getting closer to them--until finally we get to fight and defeat them in the last game?

-remembers the heroes of olympus series, that fleshed out five brand new characters and two old ones, fondly.- :)

@Griewer and Howler I think what Muke's trying to get at, is the fact that Riku is by far the most developed character in this series and we really don't need anymore of that at the moment. Otherwise, he's going to usurp Sora's role (and already kind of has).

It's kind of like how Akemi Homura, in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, sort of ended up stealing Kaname Madoka's spotlight (unfortunately), because the developers clearly favored her a lot, and have now collectively given her much more agency and time than they have Madoka now!

And I'm kind of confused about how characters saying Sora's name so much, or whatever, means development for him? Because it doesn't? Sora hasn't really had a character arc or growth since CoM (though I am hoping his experiences in DDD will develop him some for III).

And actually, that whole thing about everything revolving around Sora annoys me, and I see it as a fault for this series. Mainly for the reasons this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qX1uoZZRKU says at 2:18-2:56, in their annoyance about everything in The Mortal Instruments series revolving around Jace. And also because it sort of breaks Nomura's "normal boy" idea about Sora, if everyone treats him like a god.

I would adore a Naminé game, for instance. She's pretty much been the main girl in this series for years (until Aqua recently), so I think it only fitting that we finally play as her. And I think it could lead to some interesting gameplay bits for once, since she doesn't have a Keyblade, and who knows what she'd do? And I know for sure that a ton of people actually have voiced wanting a Naminé game before.

You know what? Just give me a female bonding game in general. Never gonna happen, but I can dream. This series is filled to the brim with male bonding stories, and it's probably even the main focus of it (and Nomura used that same idea with Versus XIII/FFXV), while girls and girl friendships get no focus at all. So if Nomura focused on them for at least one game, I think it would be a nice breath of fresh air and give me more confidence in his writing abilities and whatnot again.
Thank youuuu, you put it way better than I would ever be able to!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww. Thank you so much, Muke. I'm glad that you think so!

Tbh, I was actually kind of worried about posting this... I was worried it sounded like I was stepping on people's toes (that I never want to do here; especially since we're all having a nice and fun conversation right now).

But now I'm glad that I did, and that my tone sounded good--even though I didn't add a lot of smiley faces or LOLs, like I usually do (that tbh, that I think I sometimes go overkill with, so people hopefully understand my mood that way).

:)

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Yes! I would love this so much. Namine is my fave but just getting more girl bonding in general would be great. I want more stories of girls defending their friends and having that deep bond that male friends often get in fiction. None of that princess bs, girl best friends who stand up for each other, fight together and are just awesome. I'd kinda love to see Aqua talk to Kairi again too.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Aww. Thank you so much, Muke. I'm glad that you think so!

Tbh, I was actually kind of worried about posting this... I was worried it sounded like I was stepping on people's toes (that I never want to do here; especially since we're all having a nice and fun conversation right now).

But now I'm glad that I did, and that my tone sounded good--even though I didn't add a lot of smiley faces or LOLs, like I usually do (that tbh, that I think I sometimes go overkill with, so people hopefully understand my mood that way).

:)
Oh, don't worry! I didn't think you sounded cocky or anything like that, just neutral. :D

Sorarocks93

Awards
I believe friendships focus on trios rather than individual characters. Outside of that, they don't really feel like friends because we haven't seen them interact that much.

Sora being the center of attention is because well, he kinda needs to be, with him having 273891023719 hearts in him and all. Maybe after everyone is saved and gets their own bodies in KH3, maybe it will be different in the next saga.

As for the next saga, I don't mind if it's darkness or light, because I'd like to think this one is more of a balance between the two. Xehanort never favored darkness over light, he just uses it more because he believes light has broken this balance.

What I want tho, is for the next saga to take a few year after this one, preferably around 10 years or so. I want to see Sora Riku and Kairi as adults, and who knows, maybe have their own disciples or something.

Chuuya

Awards

I see what you mean!
Sorry, I was beginning to get confused looool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back