• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ideas for the Next KH saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Exin

Awards
Anything, story, characters, villains, worlds, weapons, titles, etc. Please feel free to post down your ideas in the comments down below. Thank you.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
An idea I brought up numerous times in the past would be a weapon that was a foil to the keyblade. A weapon that could potentially seal a keyblade and it's powers

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh, please don't introduce such a weapon.

What I want are Enemies of Light, to show that even Light has its flaws and isn't pure (ME already gave us an idea of this)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a door with a hilt you have to swing around

Griewer

Awards
List of ideas:
- A story that would depict light not as a good and benevolent power, but from a more aggresive point of view (such as the one Eraqus sometimes wield).
- A new disney villain created through co-operation between Square and Disney complete with a good animated movie on disney's part not necesserily linked to the game at all.
- A story that would unite Final Fantasy Villains with Disney villains in similar fashion as it was shown in KH1.
- A story in which Disney heroes would be brainwashed into the villains while villains would be brainwashed into heroes. The story would have us return things to normal helping the villains.

aaaand finally: A cool dating sim that would feature every character but could only end with Soriku because we all know that it is supposed to end like that. :'DD

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
More information on Kingdom Hearts.

And no, not another old coot trying to take over the world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm hoping the next main villain has zero ties to Xehanort or any of the other Xehanort saga villains. Have him/her be a newcomer who rose to power after Xehanort's permanent defeat

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I really want a female villain, tbh (who is probably the exact opposite of Xehanort in every way). I know there's a good chance Square Enix could mess this up (as they always use tired stereotypes when it comes to a lot of their women characters), but if they did it right it could be really something special.

No more clones of people...

No more Keyblades being handed out like candy...

I'd probably want a smaller series, with no spin-offs, that's mostly all planned out from the get-go and easy to understand the order of games. For example Kingdom Hearts: The Ties That Bind 1, Kingdom Hearts: The Ties That Bind 2, Kingdom Hearts: The Ties That Bind 3... you guys get the idea.

I want a complex story, but not a convoluted one. So that means no twists just to be "shocking", that only have a short moment of satisfaction... before you realize just how much they changed/damaged things.

And no more Nomura writing the story backwards, either.

No more man behind the man...

No more console hopping.

No more data stuff (this is a personal preference of mine, and I understand if people don't agree with it; I just hated the inclusion of that into this franchise).

Likewise, as much as I want certain things to get explored more (*cough* intermediary weapons people use before getting a Keyblade *cough*), I think that would defeat the entire point of a clean slate, so things like Nobodies should probably go, too.

As for things I want:

Character, character, character. Not so much focusing on the plot and its mechanics this time, but giving me characters actually interacting and proving that they'r friends and know each other.

And in that vein, I also want diverse characters who are really different from each other, and a TON more girls.

More human struggles that we can relate to, not "the darkness was ripped out of my heart and became its own physical entity and now everyone wants me to fight him" stuff.

Kairi. Since this first saga treated her so badly, I think it would only be fair if the next one actually handled her well.

Disney to have a super important and plot relevant role again, and for the games to feel like the Square Enix/Disney crossover that they started out as. Because more and more, it's been tipping towards the Square side and forgetting the Disney completely. In fact, I might even want the next Big Bad to BE originally from something Disney (and actually stay the main threat, unlike with Maleficent).

I think dealing with familial ties for once could be great, and a nice change of pace. Friendship should always be the main theme of KH, sure, but we could still explore family stuff some--even if it's just through Ansem the Wise and Ienzo or Master Eraqus and his pupils.

Tbh, I don't even know if I want Kingdom Hearts itself to have anything to do with the next saga. It's so over-done at this point... So something new and exciting that everyone's fighting about would be great.

As for the plot, I think I'm team "Someone trying to destroy Keyblade wielders, in thinking they've brought too much destruction to the world." But I wouldn't mind a Light villain, but that would have to be handled EXTREMELY well--otherwise it could destroy everything KH has done beforehand.

Depending on how KHIII ends... Maybe the world being destroyed, and us dealing with that--living in a world devoid of light like that--and trying to fix it?

Or the opposite of that: All the worlds being connected again, making the next KH games all open world, with the potential for some real crossover stuff with the Disney properties (like all the movies that took place in Paris being grouped together, and whatnot)?

I also wouldn't mind seeing Sora go dark for a hot second, but that's probably never going to happen.

But speaking of Sora: I just want the next saga to let him be smarter, have character arcs, and let have true emotions about things and trauma again, instead of just making him happy 100% of the time.

Oh! This is an idea I think everyone's had and is on board with: Our heroes finding another part of the multiverse that they never would've guessed at before, and getting to go to all kinds of new and crazy worlds because of that. *Cough* Finally give me Final Fantasy worlds that way. *Cough*

Branden from KHUnion's idea could be interesting, too: He proposed the idea that what if what we're fighting next time isn't sentient at all--and doesn't have a mind or a heart, but just lives to eat worlds to survive, and thus Sora can't reason with it at all. It would probably be something akin to Sin from FFX.

Edit: Though this really wouldn't work with KH's vibe at all, and I know that, I once thought some Faerie lore stuff could be cool for the next saga (maybe even with them being the next bad guys?), since a lot of their stories have to do with doors--that KH already does a lot with, because of the Keyblade and stuff. But meh.

Edit 2: It would also be nice if we could go to the same Disney worlds less--especially if we're going to relive the same plot from it over and over again--but it's not a deal-breaker for me if that ends up happening.

And next time, if at all possible, I'd love it if I could take my Disney party members with me places...

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I have to agree with the female villain idea! We only had Larxene (Original Characters, guys).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a secret organization of light order that believes sora is too reckless and dangerous as the "villains", forcing him to reconsider his views on everything. and make goofy the true keyblade master, the hints have been there all along.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I have to agree with the female villain idea! We only had Larxene (Original Characters, guys).

Thank you! I'm so thankful to hear that!:)

I just feel like there's so much that could be done with a female villain (and in fact, I really like Larxene and wish she had been/could be used more, but it's probably too late for that).

For instance, famous KH fanfiction writer "Shire Folk" has talked about before how he hates Saïx as an antagonist before--at least back during KHII--because he had Sora on a silver platter with the whole Kairi thing, but doesn't do anything with it at all.

Sora was willing to do anything in order to see Kairi again at that point, and Saïx just lets it go? Why didn't he grab Kairi and hold onto her, summon a million Heartless, and order Sora to kill them all then and there if he wanted to see Kairi safe again?

Just something like that would have been fantastic, and have made Saïx seem smarter, than just the whole "Are you angry? Do you hate me? Then take your rage and turn it towards the Heartless" thing. Bah.

And anyway, I think that's something a woman Big Bad would have been clever enough to do.

Furthermore, I really want a villain (male or female) who doesn't really plan things at all, to separate them from Xehanort, but has a "...Well, I wasn't really planning on this happening, but it works for me and I'm going to roll with it!" kind of attitude. IDK.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Forgive me if this sounds dumb and unlikely. But maybe some devastating events occur drastically in different worlds like a void or something swallows worlds into darkness and Riku or someone else sees someone that maybe a clue to what's happening, but he/she is hit in the head and forgets who they saw. Being brought to The Mysterious Tower, that person explains they saw someone who might be causing everything. Which then in turn, Sora must go travel in their heart through their memories to see who that person is to stop them before they continue.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Forgive me if this sounds dumb and unlikely. But maybe some devastating events occur drastically in different worlds like a void or something swallows worlds into darkness and Riku or someone else sees someone that maybe a clue to what's happening, but he/she is hit in the head and forgets who they saw. Being brought to The Mysterious Tower, that person explains they saw someone who might be causing everything. Which then in turn, Sora must go travel in their heart through their memories to see who that person is to stop them before they continue.
Kingdom Hearts: Murder Mystery

Sounds too fanfictiony imo (and please. If anybody should see a clue it's got to be someone ELSE THAN RIKU AND SORA.)

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
That's why I said Riku or "someone else". And I wasn't saying a murder mystery, buuut I can see what you mean by it being too fanfictony.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Then again, Days happened which was basically the epitome of fanfiction so who knows rly.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That's why I said Riku or "someone else". And I wasn't saying a murder mystery, buuut I can see what you mean by it being too fanfictony.
Just saying, it's literally a 0815 story.
And I said Murder Mystery because it's literally like all those "omg someone saw the murder but is amnesiac!"plots from the 90s and 2000s lol

Yeah, but you still tried to give Riku a more prominent role, which he does not need (Jeez, when will people understand?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back