• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Idea For A PokeRP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Chromatic has been busy with about a million and half deadlines over the passed month.

EDIT: But he's back now, since most, if not all, of said deadlines have been met.

EDITEDIT: In regard to the Pokemon League... needless to say, it doesn't exist as we know it in canon, seeing as there would be so much opposition to it. In essence, it exists through the trainers operating in the underground. Of course, it's only ever referred to in vague code. Gym leaders and Elite Four members would have either retired officially, in lieu of everything, or gone into seclusion. And as I've established, there really aren't new leaders or official elites. Just people who are recognized within their cities/regions. They're looked to in the same general manner, of course.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Become
Awards
That... is exactly the roadblock I've been reaching with this. Well, more so that I've yet to establish anything of the sort that could fuel a beginning to end plot without the strings being pulled exclusively by one person. At this point, it's more of a free roaming deal, with people playing either side of the fence as trainers, or those against the trainers. The goals, obviously being for the former to not get caught in their illicit activities, and the latter, seeking to catch the former. Basically your standard law vs. criminals sort of deal... save for that trainers don't HAVE to be criminals.

Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
Ah. I see where the block is now. Maybe it could be a group of rebel trainers or something, trying to fight things off. Or like a civil war kinda thing. Trainers who want everything to stop vs trainers who are fighting to stay trainers. Or some Team Rocket thing. And maybe an underground league or something.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I think the only way to really pull of anything that I've had in mind would be to model the RP after Greek tragedies, in the sense that the RP's plot would have to take place late in the events of its back story. I mean, it won't take place within a single day, but I figure that it'll have to start somewhere along way of resolution, otherwise we'd be playing an RP that would have to take place over several year straight through.

Dr_Mario64

I think the only way to really pull of anything that I've had in mind would be to model the RP after Greek tragedies, in the sense that the RP's plot would have to take place late in the events of its back story. I mean, it won't take place within a single day, but I figure that it'll have to start somewhere along way of resolution, otherwise we'd be playing an RP that would have to take place over several year straight through.

I see exactly what you mean. As a semi-writer I would have to suggest that this take place somewhere between the falling action and the resolution of the backstory. In the meantime, include a secondary climax to shake things up and get us primed for the finale.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I was thinking that the RP would start a bit before a sort of "preliminary" climax/resolution, that sets up for the true resolution later on; I guess you could call it a tease. Between the two points, there would, of course be a build up to the ultimate climax and resolution of the plot.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Quite truthfully, I'm starting to have reservations about actually starting this myself. Not because I don't want to, but because I may or may not have the necessary time to be as much a part of it as I'd need to. I'll know my situation by the 10th of next month though.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
At this point, I don't foresee myself being much a part of it. I could offer up some ideas and such as planning progresses. So long as I'm given at least an ounce of credit on the matter, I don't mind someone else snagging the idea up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back