• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think Marluxia's somebody will be on the good guy's side

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Hmm, that would be interesting. After all we've yet to see him revived yet. I wonder if the others they have yet to show will join up with marluxia? Like Demyx, and Larxene. They could start their own organization against Xehanort.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Xemnas wanted to become a god, Marluxia just wanted a castle :biggrin:. I'm interested to see how different the org. members are from their somebodies, though, because I wouldn't exactly hold people responsible for what their nobodies have done.

Marluxia's somebody might have turned out to be much different than he ended up, and maybe just as strong to be an ally, that's what I'm saying. We see Isa and Lea weren't so bad before, and Marluxia was one of the later members so you would think he wouldn't have been as corrupt as the others or possibly not even in on the secret experiments.

We don't know if that's all he wanted. I can't really remember what his goals where beyond overthrowing the Org., if those were even stated.

Why shouldn't we hold the Somebodies responsible for what their Nobodies did, they're in most cases the same person and where in control of their actions they just didn't feel anything to hold them back.

He most likely wasn't in on the experiments, but he did enough terrible things in CoM to show that he's not a good guy. He might not have been as bad before becoming a Nobody, but it was still his doing in CoM.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Marluxia a good guy?
Lol, nice joke, he was basically as awful as Xemnas in trying to turn Sora into a slave/puppet for him to use, a thing he already did with Naminé during CoM.
Not to mention he's badly power-hungry and ruthless, that would not make a great ally at all.

his somebody could be different though.

Xammag

We don't know if that's all he wanted. I can't really remember what his goals where beyond overthrowing the Org., if those were even stated.

Why shouldn't we hold the Somebodies responsible for what their Nobodies did, they're in most cases the same person and where in control of their actions they just didn't feel anything to hold them back.

He most likely wasn't in on the experiments, but he did enough terrible things in CoM to show that he's not a good guy. He might not have been as bad before becoming a Nobody, but it was still his doing in CoM.

Going by his quotes, he just wanted power over Sora to overthrow Xemnas and the org. Beyond that, there's little info.

If I say I'm a very emotional person, then you take my heart out and tell me I don't have any emotions anymore so I become a cold hearted (haha) manipulator/kidnapper/killer, then I'm not really the same person anymore. Having your memories and none of your restraint or morals doesn't make you the same person.

Kalernor

Going by his quotes, he just wanted power over Sora to overthrow Xemnas and the org. Beyond that, there's little info.

If I say I'm a very emotional person, then you take my heart out and tell me I don't have any emotions anymore so I become a cold hearted (haha) manipulator/kidnapper/killer, then I'm not really the same person anymore. Having your memories and none of your restraint or morals doesn't make you the same person.
But it is their choice whether they hold on strongly to their restrains or morals, or just let them go. That was evident as Axel by the end of KH2 came back to the good side. Anyway I think we're thinking too much about this. It's pretty simple. Good normal people who had tragic accidents that lost them their hearts. With desire to get it back, they turn evil. Same concept of lots of villains.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
But it is their choice whether they hold on strongly to their restrains or morals, or just let them go. That was evident as Axel by the end of KH2 came back to the good side.
One of the points of the series is that, more often than not, having a heart makes that difference. With Axel, he was developing a heart through Roxas (and possibly Sora, too).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Which kind of leaves it open. Personally I assume he'd probably have bigger plans than just over throwing

I don't see how losing your emotions results in losing your morals. Also I think that when you're "heartless" you'd probably act more logical and if so you would try avoid doing things you know you'd have a problem dealing with once you regain your heart. A side from that morals aren't really an emotional thing, in my opinion at least.

Gram

Banned
Awards
his somebody could be different though.
The nobody is formed on the memories of the somebody and thanks to Xemnas' lie on them not being able to have hearts all the nobodies were more or less identical to their original minus Xemnas or Roxas due to their special nobody status.
So if Marluxia was a prick I highly doubt the original was much better. xD

Nayru's Love

Awards
I don't see how losing your emotions results in losing your morals. Also I think that when you're "heartless" you'd probably act more logical and if so you would try avoid doing things you know you'd have a problem dealing with once you regain your heart. A side from that morals aren't really an emotional thing, in my opinion at least.
Well when you lose a heart, you forget how to feel compassion for others and do what's logical for yourself, instead. Whereas Xemnas is the literal example, MX is the figurative example.

Of course, this is by the series' standards.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well when you lose a heart, you forget how to feel compassion for others and do what's logical for yourself, instead. Whereas Xemnas is the literal example, MX is the figurative example.

Of course, this is by the series' standards.

Well yes you'd forget that but I still think if you wanted to mimic being human you'd try and stick to your human morals. Also seeing they desired to be whole again, wouldn't it have been logical not to do anything that you'd regret and may not want to live with when you're recompleted?
But who knows maybe he'd been a Nobody too long and had lost himself.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Potential for regret never stopped them from planning to capture thousands of hearts, for their own gains. I don't expect a Nobody to show compassion for others, and that they'd only care for their own agendas; by the time they're showing genuine compassion, they probably already have another heart growing within them.

Not to mention, I'd say that "concern for oneself and no one else" would be one of several fitting definitions in the series for "Heartless."

Kalernor

One of the points of the series is that, more often than not, having a heart makes that difference. With Axel, he was developing a heart through Roxas (and possibly Sora, too).
I think that is the type of excuse a somebody would make for his evil actions as a nobody, but in fact it all really comes down to the person.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I think that is the type of excuse a somebody would make for his evil actions as a nobody, but in fact it all really comes down to the person.
It could've been an excuse, but that doesn't mean it would've been an invalid one.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Potential for regret never stopped them from planning to capture thousands of hearts, for their own gains. I don't expect a Nobody to show compassion for others, and that they'd only care for their own agendas; by the time they're showing genuine compassion, they probably already have another heart growing within them.

Not to mention, I'd say that "concern for oneself and no one else" would be one of several fitting definitions in the series for "Heartless."

Well I wouldn't really consider the Org being made of good people. I guess the lack of emotion and there fore compassion can lead to bad decisions, but as Kalernor said it depends on the person. For example: if Roxas was a normal Nobody with all of Sora's memories and so forth he would have never joined Organization 13 nor helped them.
Also emotion or no emotions they still all know what's right and wrong they just chose to not care.

Well yes, that would be one of the series definition of being "heartless" or in some cases evil.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Sora's compassion has a lot to do with his heart, though, or even connections to other hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Having a heart or not really isn't an excuse for anything, Kalernor is mostly right simply on the notion that "will" also plays a big role in the whole mess and not only if you have a heart or not.

Maleficient, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Riku in KH 1, Braig etc. all have hearts and they still are/act like scumbags, so the presence or absence of a heart cannot be the sole deciding factor.
Also when looking at the "less extreme" Org members like Luxord and Demyx they didn't particularily go out of their way to antagonize or use people on purpose or for their own gain (like Marluxia did, just like Xemnas or Zexion) or just for amusement or "the heck of it" like Larxene.

Nayru's Love

Awards
But Sora also has a strong moral compass which I think he would retain.
When it comes to truly going out of his way for the sake of others, though, may be a different story.

Having a heart or not really isn't an excuse for anything, Kalernor is mostly right simply on the notion that "will" also plays a big role in the whole mess and not only if you have a heart or not.

Maleficient, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Riku in KH 1, Braig etc. all have hearts and they still are/act like scumbags, so the presence or absence of a heart cannot be the sole deciding factor.
Also when looking at the "less extreme" Org members like Luxord and Demyx they didn't particularily go out of their way to antagonize or use people on purpose or for their own gain (like Marluxia did, just like Xemnas or Zexion) or just for amusement or "the heck of it" like Larxene.
I like to think that having a heart gives you the option of compassion, whereas choosing to ignore that option makes you "Heartless" in a sense. It's like saying that MX would have the same personality without a heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back