• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think Marluxia's somebody will be on the good guy's side

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xammag

You don't end up being the 3rd most powerful Organization member for nothing (after Xemnas and Roxas). I think he'll have some impressive skills and serve as a thorn in Xehanort's side.

Lost_theMad

Re: I think Marluxia's somebody will be on the good guy's side.

If he does come into play in the next game (which he could, as I brought up some possibilities in another thread of mine) I completely agree. He would be a great help/ally to have, plus it'd be interesting to see him as a somebody/learn about him and see his dynamics with the rest of the group. It doesn't seem too likely that square will include any of the nobodies not already announced as somebodies, but it can't be completely ruled out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: I think Marluxia's somebody will be on the good guy's side.

He can just as easily become an enemy against Sora post series. I wouldn't expect Marluxia's Somebody to appear at any point in KH3, honestly.

digimikej

Awards
if he IS an ally, he won't be doing it out of kindness. it will be more of an, "hes a bigger threat currently. im going to murder you once he's dead." scenario.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont see him appearing in kh3 either, though if he did he strikes me as the kind of individual that would let Sora and MX fight it out in hopes they'd destroy each other so he could step in and fill the void.
More of a schemer than brawler.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't think Marluxia, or any of the currently-missing ex-Orginaztion members will be coming back as Somebodies. Not in III, at least.

It could be interesting to see them return as an antagonist, though. Flesh their characters out a bit.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Is it just me or would anyone else LOVE to see that Marluxia's and Larxene's somebodies are actually friends and good in real life and then when SDG see them they all scream and run and hide but Larxene turns out to be the nicest person ever haha xD Just for those few minutes of hilarious screentime.

Lost_theMad

I've always found it odd how people tend to think if Marluxia's somebody returned, he would be a "bad guy". Other Organization "bad guys" returned: Zexion, Vexen; and they're on the good side from what we can see in DDD. Most people say its because Marluxia wanted so and so, but we never got learn anything about his character. We don't know what he was trally thinking, what he really wanted, or what his intentions/motives were. Just that he wanted to take over the Organization, same as Zexion. Maybe he was a bad guy in his previous life, who knows? But I don't think there's any reason to believe that if he came back he'd be "bad". It could go either way because of the little development he's had; there's a lot they could choose to or choose not to do with his character in the future.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
You don't end up being the 3rd most powerful Organization member for nothing (after Xemnas and Roxas). I think he'll have some impressive skills and serve as a thorn in Xehanort's side.
Actually, Xaldin has that spot:

–Who are the strongest ranking Organization XIII?

Nomura: Xemnas is the strongest, and Roxas is considerably strong you include his potential. Xaldin and Lexaeus are higher after that. However, when their strength is configured by preference, it’s different than how it appears in the story.

I think that last bit was expressing how, even though characters like Xaldin and Lexaeus weren't exactly one of the last Organization bosses, they were still in the top tier. However, I understand the point you're getting at, in that Marluxia was both powerful and unique enough to earn the spotlight once, so it shouldn't be a surprise if he gets it again, although this time as a Somebody.

I can imagine his character would be noticeably different with the addition of a heart, but his ruthless nature as a Nobody would be still there. No matter how small of a part it would compose of his character, it would still stick out like a sore thumb, almost to the point where you'd question whether or not his ruthlessness is a true reflection of his character, no matter what form he is.

TheSupremeFace

As others have mentioned, I doubt he would be an ally in the sense of "Oh i'm on your side cause I wanna help you", but instead as a survival thing. Maybe he'll enter the ally side and secretly try to rebel like he tried to do in Org.13 :tongue:

Kalernor

Whoever said he's the third strongest member? I think it was obvious in CoM that Axel was on par with him.

Kisame

Whoever said he's the third strongest member? I think it was obvious in CoM that Axel was on par with him.

*Cough*

3rd most powerful Organization member

And all of the who is most powerful could be debated endlessly. Having one person set in stone who would win in a fight, etc, to me is kind of lame. Keep your mind open and to me, its more enjoyable.

As for seeing his somebody in KHIII...I don't know, I can't exactly see it happening. However if it does, it will probably be really cool.

Cuccojenkins

I wish Marluxia and Larxene would get a little more attention from square. Why didn't they appear in bbs or ddd as whole people? They were pretty major characters in chain of memories.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I wish Marluxia and Larxene would get a little more attention from square. Why didn't they appear in bbs or ddd as whole people? They were pretty major characters in chain of memories.

Because they weren't one of the original 6 so they were not involved with the experimenting RG (they did not DO the experiments I mean) and they may not have come from RG so there was no need to put them in BbS. We haven't seen any of the somebodies of any of the members that weren't in the original 6 or are very important to the overall story (like Saix, Axel, and Roxas). Marluxia and Larxene had important nobodies in CoM, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were important before that as somebodies.

I'd like to see their somebodies too but it probably won't happen :(

Kisame

Because they weren't one of the original 6 so they were not involved with the experimenting RG (they did not DO the experiments I mean) and they may not have come from RG so there was no need to put them in BbS. We haven't seen any of the somebodies of any of the members that weren't in the original 6 or are very important to the overall story (like Saix, Axel, and Roxas). Marluxia and Larxene had important nobodies in CoM, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were important before that as somebodies.

I'd like to see their somebodies too but it probably won't happen :(

This is very well stated

On top of that I would like to mention something. You can't really cover every character in a show, story, movie, or game if there are a lot of them. Mostly because it would take forever, but also because it would kind of take away from the importance of the main characters.

While I would love to go super in depth with all the members, that just wouldn't work. It would take a lot of game time to do this.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Marluxia a good guy?
Lol, nice joke, he was basically as awful as Xemnas in trying to turn Sora into a slave/puppet for him to use, a thing he already did with Naminé during CoM.
Not to mention he's badly power-hungry and ruthless, that would not make a great ally at all.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with Sephiroth he was way to manipulative and power-hungry to end up being a good guy, sure many of the Nobodies did very questionable things because they had no heart to feel sympathy or guilt. But I don't think that means they should just get a pass. Also I wouldn't go as far as calling Ienzo a good guy now, seeing he still has to make up for his past deeds.

I could however see him allying with Sora only because it would be convenient or because he needs to take out the Xehanorts. Though even this scenario is unlikely, seeing he'd probably just watch them try and take each other out and then try and finish off the winner.
That said I don't think we'll be seeing him in KH3, aside for maybe in it's credits.

Xammag

Marluxia a good guy?
Lol, nice joke, he was basically as awful as Xemnas in trying to turn Sora into a slave/puppet for him to use, a thing he already did with Naminé during CoM.
Not to mention he's badly power-hungry and ruthless, that would not make a great ally at all.

Well Xemnas wanted to become a god, Marluxia just wanted a castle :biggrin:. I'm interested to see how different the org. members are from their somebodies, though, because I wouldn't exactly hold people responsible for what their nobodies have done.

Marluxia's somebody might have turned out to be much different than he ended up, and maybe just as strong to be an ally, that's what I'm saying. We see Isa and Lea weren't so bad before, and Marluxia was one of the later members so you would think he wouldn't have been as corrupt as the others or possibly not even in on the secret experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back