• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Well I started my critical run-through of KH2. I died twice in Hollow Bastion during the bit where you have to defend the gates. The Samurai got me twice! I made the same stupid mistake. On the third time I avoid and got them at their weakest point. I'm making a point of levelling up after completing each world so I try to stay a bit ahead of the recommended level. I'm also trying to level up drive forms as quickly as possible so I can get the maximum abilities. Only have Valor at the moment but I have high jump level 1 equipped to normal Sora. Need to get Wisdom before I can begin levelling up Valor again!

I'm convinced as I go further along in the game I am going to die.

Leveling up the forms as soon as you get them are optimal seeing as they still require you to level up normally from defeating monsters depending on the form and it helps get those movement abilities faster and upgraded.

From experience, the only parts of the main campaign that were frustrating were both visits to Beast's Castle, the first visit to the Underworld and the battle against Roxas in The World That Never Was. It's mostly the optional battles that will give you more grief than anything else. For most of the main campaign, you should be alright.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Worst part about level 1 run through... Dancer nobodies. I'm stuck at that part in hollow bastion where you have to defeat them. And it's like 5 at a time and they don't care if you reflect, they'll go in your bubble and grab you anyway.

And is is it possible to get second chance or once more while doing the level 1 run?

edut: of course I get it the next time I try after posting that

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Worst part about level 1 run through... Dancer nobodies. I'm stuck at that part in hollow bastion where you have to defeat them. And it's like 5 at a time and they don't care if you reflect, they'll go in your bubble and grab you anyway.

And is is it possible to get second chance or once more while doing the level 1 run?
magnega+thundaga combo effectively mops the floor with every nobody except sorcerers.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
That uses too much mp. I used magnet then attacked. And repeated that. Used master form for the last wave of 5

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That uses too much mp. I used magnet then attacked. And repeated that. Used master form for the last wave of 5
what level and difficulty are you on? in the hallway i keep stocked on ethers and damage drive almost always assures you'll be able to power up.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I was really worried about Xaldin since everybody keeps saying he's terrible and it's been years since I've played KH II so I had absolutely no memory of the fight. WELL, turns out everyone was right. I ended up beating him on the first try but had to be saved by Mickey twice….. Now I'm just pissed because he had like 1/4 of the last bar left when it happened and it only happened because I had no idea how those learn/jump things worked. For some reason I never got that RC with the Dragoons? So yeah, I was fine until he started going berserk which is when he just killed Sora twice in a row. And I really don't like using Mickey because it feels like cheating. Not to mention I had no idea how to control Mickey either and ended up with 50% HP Sora on both times hgnghngh.

Guess I gotta get back at Xaldin in the data battle. It just really doesn't feel like a victory right now.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
what level and difficulty are you on? in the hallway i keep stocked on ethers and damage drive almost always assures you'll be able to power up.

Oh sweet Gaia, I remember that diddlying hallway. I distinctively recall doing something that I never do in a Kingdom Hearts game: actually using Tents and Cottages inbetween fights (I'm more obliged to them in the Final Fantasy games seeing as most of the ones that I've played have different rules).

I was really worried about Xaldin since everybody keeps saying he's terrible and it's been years since I've played KH II so I had absolutely no memory of the fight. WELL, turns out everyone was right. I ended up beating him on the first try but had to be saved by Mickey twice….. Now I'm just pissed because he had like 1/4 of the last bar left when it happened and it only happened because I had no idea how those learn/jump things worked. For some reason I never got that RC with the Dragoons? So yeah, I was fine until he started going berserk which is when he just killed Sora twice in a row. And I really don't like using Mickey because it feels like cheating. Not to mention I had no idea how to control Mickey either and ended up with 50% HP Sora on both times hgnghngh.

Guess I gotta get back at Xaldin in the data battle. It just really doesn't feel like a victory right now.

Hey, don't feel too bad. This is Xaldin that we're talking about, he gives everyone a hard(er) time. At least you learned about the Jump mechanic in this fight. Believe me when I say you will be compelled to abuse this mechanic in the Data Battle...

Also, keep an eye out for Roxas. For a story boss, he hits like a truck (probably to make up for the fact that he is a Final Mix exclusive).

hlc1988

Awards
I am really having trouble on defeating Roxas in TWTNW on Critical Mode. I have second chance now but its proving difficult. The limited amount of health doesn't help! I have got 3xEthers equipped. 3x Hi Potions as well and Limit Form is on Auto too. I Reflect at the beginning of the fight which does damage Roxas but wow... he is very difficult.

Anyone got any tips?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I am really having trouble on defeating Roxas in TWTNW on Critical Mode. I have second chance now but its proving difficult. The limited amount of health doesn't help! I have got 3xEthers equipped. 3x Hi Potions as well and Limit Form is on Auto too. I Reflect at the beginning of the fight which does damage Roxas but wow... he is very difficult.

Anyone got any tips?

A lot of people have difficulties against Roxas. I like how the fight is hard since you are basically fighting your other half.
The key of winning that fight is memorizing his attacks and learning how to respond to them. Most of his attacks can be blocked. Keyblade combo can be blocked, and if you block the powerful X-slash that he uses at the end of his normal combo(similar to a attack the Samurais use), it will stun him, and leave him open for a retaliation. Also the air spin attack can be blocked, and the wave attack also. Roxas will retaliate with the air spin, if you use two combo finishers.

Timing your dodge roll during his desperation move can be little tricky, but if you move near to the edges, it should make the fight easier.
Oh man, remembering that boss battle always gives me this sudden need to play that fight again. It is so good! Best in the series if I may say.

hlc1988

Awards
A lot of people have difficulties against Roxas. I like how the fight is hard since you are basically fighting your other half.
The key of winning that fight is memorizing his attacks and learning how to respond to them. Most of his attacks can be blocked. Keyblade combo can be blocked, and if you block the powerful X-slash that he uses at the end of his normal combo(similar to a attack the Samurais use), it will stun him, and leave him open for a retaliation. Also the air spin attack can be blocked, and the wave attack also. Roxas will retaliate with the air spin, if you use two combo finishers.

Timing your dodge roll during his desperation move can be little tricky, but if you move near to the edges, it should make the fight easier.
Oh man, remembering that boss battle always gives me this sudden need to play that fight again. It is so good! Best in the series if I may say.

Thanks! When I first fought Roxas on Normal mode, I had trouble but I did a Proud run straight after and he was a breeze! I'm still using Kingdom Key on Critical Mode. I've never gone through a whole game before without changing my keyblade and I wanted to prove that I could do it.

I will take your advice into account... I will try blocking more and dodging. The Desperation move I tend to do the aeriel dodge. I can't get the hang of dodge roll though.

hlc1988

Awards
Completed KH2FM in Critical Mode today! Makes me very happy!

The final stage of Xemnas' battle, I had no problem with it. He didn't even touch me and I kept pressing triangle when it told me to. Game clearly doesn't have a bug for me!

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Completed KH2FM in Critical Mode today! Makes me very happy!

The final stage of Xemnas' battle, I had no problem with it. He didn't even touch me and I kept pressing triangle when it told me to. Game clearly doesn't have a bug for me!

Well done! :) Now the wonders of Cavern of Remambrance await you, and a certain old armor who has a mysterious burning hatred towards Xehanort.

hlc1988

Awards
Well done! :) Now the wonders of Cavern of Remambrance await you, and a certain old armor who has a mysterious burning hatred towards Xehanort.

I'm not even trying that on Critical Mode! I just about cleared the Cavern of Rememberance on Proud mode. And I still cannot defeat Xaldin, Xigbar or Xemnas data battles. And The Lingering Will..... err yeah I can't even do that so I'm not trying that on Critical lol. At least not until I've done them on Proud mode first.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've been having both Remixes since they launched, but for some terribly unknown reason I'm just getting into them now. I cannot wait to move into KHII, being that it is my favorite have of all time. I have never played BBS or Re:Coded, so I'm super excited to get to those as well. I think when I do eventually get to BBS, I'm going to go all in on Critical. Hopefully I'll both survive and enjoy myself.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
So, I'm a little in Critical mode for the first time in my life. These damn heartless are bunch of push overs! I'm doing just the story for Kingdom Hearts 2.

Anagram

Banned
So, I'm a little in Critical mode for the first time in my life. These damn heartless are bunch of push overs! I'm doing just the story for Kingdom Hearts 2.

Just wait till that nobody fight with Leon during your first Hollow Bastion visit.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Lost three times when I got there. I'm currently at the Land of Dragons and woah!

The first missions that the commander makes you do in the camp are quite hard. The centaurs are formidable foes on Critical Mode. Beasts Castle is even worse. I did the mistake on my first CM playtrough that I went straight to Beast Castle. There Large Bodies killed me with two hits. :D But even so CM is rather fun in my opinion. Best way to play KH2FM.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just finished the Beast Castle for the first time. I got the Olympus Coliseum next. Training is really excruciating while definitely depending on your HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back