• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will Sora lose his powers...again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A skill reset can be explained by Yen Sid. Something along the lines of Sora's skills from KH2 having been familiarized by the now revived Xemnas. Sora's new path of experience will be more suited to defeating all forms of Xehanort.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Lets see:

COM: sora lost his powers from kh1 due to the powers of CO

KH2: sora lost his powers due to his one year long hibernation

DDD: sora lost his powers in order to learn how to use the keyblade properly

I wonder what the reason for sora to start out at level 1 in kh3 will be?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nomura could even go another creative course and say that the "Level 1" of KH III is actually equal to "Level 100" in the other KH games and they just omitted the two zeros for convenience's sake, lol.

So while the characters in KH III would go from Level 1 to 99 again, in terms of in-universe power it would actually be Level 100 to 199. :p

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
When would this break happen? The Xehanort problem seems pretty dire. He's already taken a small journey to the Realm of Sleep to visit his Dream Eaters to thank them, so I really doubt there is time for a break.

Lea and Kairi are also training. We could see something similar.

I'm not say that it's gonna happen, but it's not impossible.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sora will probably start of about as strong as TAV at the beginning of BBS. I see no reason to make him weaker this time around

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't really feel like trying to justify it at all in the first place was even necessary, and I don't think they need to try and do it again this time.

Santiago

I'd prefer they take the God of War II route, as in Sora would have access to all his powers at the start, but then gets defeated and stripped of them, making him start over again.

It gives you a preview as to how strong Sora can become, and an incentive to beat whoever stripped him of his powers once you get them back.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I actually respect Nomura for trying to give a creative canon reason for why Sora has to start from scratch every game.

Agreed, I like that he goes through the trouble for such a small detail.

As far as losing them this time I could see nomura making the excuse that it's somehow because of most of his powers were due to the unique nature of the Sleep Realm (i.e dream eaters, flowmotion, etc) and that once he returns to the Light Realm he loses most of those powers.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm thinking they might go the route of the Sucker Punch game, Infamous 2. The main character, Cole, retains his powers from the first game but ends up gaining even more powerful attacks by the end of the second game. Same should apply here

The only problem with that is that unlike Cole in Infamous, Sora has A LOT more attacks than he did. That would mean that going into KH3, Sora can use Flowmotion and every single command that he could in DDD including Curaga, Salvation, Blitz, Fire, etc.? That's just way too powerful and complicated for a new player at lvl 1.

I actually respect Nomura for trying to give a creative canon reason for why Sora has to start from scratch every game.

I also respect his decision to do it and I think it's really cool. If he eventually gives up and just decides "eh, whatever, they'll just have to except it" that's also not a bad thing on his part, I cannot expect him to keep this up forever.

So while the characters in KH III would go from Level 1 to 99 again, in terms of in-universe power it would actually be Level 100 to 199. :p

2 things:

1) Does that mean in KH4 we start out as lvl 2?
2) No doubt when we first start we'll be pitted against the weakest of the weak enemies, like Shadows again. Does this mean the Shadows are ridiculous in strength now? How can Lea and Kairi ever expect to catch up o_O

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'd prefer they take the God of War II route, as in Sora would have access to all his powers at the start, but then gets defeated and stripped of them, making him start over again.

It gives you a preview as to how strong Sora can become, and an incentive to beat whoever stripped him of his powers once you get them back.
Assassin's Creed did that. Can't really see why KH can't.

Seighart

Awards
I never noticed this was such a inconvenience to most people. How many other RPGS you know that start you off with everything you've had in previous games? Infamous 2 did it uniquely, but that's inFamous. Sora starts at level 1, you want to know why? Because there's no joy in "raising" a character starting off with everything. It's that simple.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
At the end of 3D Sora even goes to train some more.

Actually, as far as we know, he only went to say goodbye to his dream eaters.

Which, ironically, would make potential for even more powers; the powerful bond between him and his dream eaters, resonating into the RoL (maybe even through Riku, since he's Sora's dream eater).

Sorakh212

Awards
I've been contemplating this issue since I was a kid. I think it started with Metroid or some other series where the protagonist gets set back to level 1 again. It works in terms of gameplay, because it honestly incredibly tips the scales unbalancing everything, but it will be interesting to see how they go about doing this for KH3. I highly doubt we'll see a more experience Sora straight off the bat I mean there are very few video games out there with a sense of continuity when it comes to gameplay. I would like to see something in between though. Like start off with a few keyblades and maybe at level 10 or 15 something like that. A compromise if you will because this way you don't have to start from scratch all over again, but you're not incredibly overpowered ya know? I don't know what they're actually going to implement though. I highly anticipate finding out though.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well they could easily make us start at lvl 101. And the max lvl can be 200. But then there's the whole "Where did my abilities go?".

Xammag

I don't think Sora will be the first person we play as in 3. I really think it'll be a flashback of MX when he was younger training with Eraqus or finding his darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back