• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much do you think Kingdom Hearts III will sell... 2.0.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
4-5 million, might be 6 if do a switch+pc release. the story will confuse many newcomers which is gonna hold people back from getting it.
public demo will help for people to at least try the gameplay, it can add more sells, if they do one..

I think a PC release is doable but in terms of how much power it appears to be using so far I think a switch port is impossible without REALLY scaling down the game... sure it can run HD but it's nowhere as powerful as the XB1 or PS4 because the switch's gimmick is that it doubles as a portable system and with the performance drops from going portable I don't even think you'd be able to play KH3 on the go. it would be the first main line kingdom hearts game to be played on a nintendo console yes but to try to port over KH3 to the switch they'd have to really scale it down which makes me think they'd have to really up the specs on the switch to run KH3 on the go because of the performance drops. sure nintendo makes great games still but I think KH3 would be too much of a big pill to swallow for nintendo

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was extremely enthusiastic about KH3s sales at first. But after seeing Resident Evil 2 is releasing in the exact same week, it kinda crushed that for me lol

Ooh, that's a good point. That's definitely going to take a bite out of the KH3 first week sales for sure.

While I know there is a bit of audience overlap, I don’t think they will eat into each other’s sales too much. People have been waiting a million years for KH3, while the wait for RE2 hasn’t been that busy. RE2 is also a different genre of game.

KH3 sales should be fine. RE2 sales should be fine, too.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
RE2 is very cool, but it isn't the event that KH3 is. No one's plan to buy KH3 will change because of RE2.

robotman

I mean for me personally I don't know how much it'll sell. I have to think that it'll sell more than the first game (6 million) because people are anticipating it and it's no longer an exclusive and but I have a feeling that most people buying it will be owners of a PS4 anyway. It's weird but I actually think that it would sell better as an exclusive to the PS4 rather than on both consoles. I don't know why but I'm not expecting the sales to smash, we'll have to wait and see how the promotion will be in the coming months.

Anyway, regardless, even if it sells bad and they never make a game again, I don't care because this game is absolute closure for me, whether the story wraps up everything or not. I've been waiting for this game for too long and I just need to play it and be done, F the sales lol.

Megavoltage

Awards
Just make a exclusive switch KH already haha, I'm not gonna complain.
Switch has mobile capabilities so I'm thinking its inevitable Kingdom Hearts game will be mission based like Days was since that makes playtime easier for mobile use.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I believe FFXV is at 7.7 million units sold as of last month, and that's over a period of two years and with multiple ports to various platforms.

FFXV thus far is available on: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mobile (Pocket Edition), and Switch (Pocket Edition HD). And then Pocket Edition HD is also available on every other platform too.

Not to mention we also have the Royal Edition out now, and we will inevitably have a "Complete" edition once all the DLC is finally finished for good and the entire game is actually done.

So, factoring all that in, KH3 will likely surpass KH2 but not much beyond that unless they port to other platforms like PC and Switch.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah I'd think ~6 million copies is the ceiling for it and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't manage that, mainline KH has never outsold a mainline FF game in the same release cycle so whatever FFXV does I'd expect it to slot in about 1-2 million copies under that. If we're considering FFXV some sort of runaway success then yeah, even bigger gap between them. KH3 has a lot of noise but sort of average momentum and Disney isn't doing it any favors in the Western markets yet. It'll do great in Japan, no doubt about that, but not enough to make up the difference if it doesn't hit hard internationally.

shady543

Awards
I honestly got to agree with the people who think it will top KH1 in terms of sales. The game is starting to become pretty mainstream and so many people seem to know what it is and is keen to play it so suddenly. KH as a franchise seemed very niche and it's only recently that it's starting to get noticed, especially with E3. There is also a lot of hype for the game in general and also the fact that Disney is starting to use it this time around.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I could be singing a different tune in December when they've finished announcing every world and save a huge one for last (like "Ralph") but as of now it just seems like it's going to do above average as far as the franchise goes; KH1 had crazy momentum, advertising, and an insanely iconic selection of films old and new. KH3 is skewing new, so that captures some people, but not all.

Awards
I could be singing a different tune in December when they've finished announcing every world and save a huge one for last (like "Ralph") but as of now it just seems like it's going to do above average as far as the franchise goes; KH1 had crazy momentum, advertising, and an insanely iconic selection of films old and new. KH3 is skewing new, so that captures some people, but not all.

Hmmm yeah I do agree with ya

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Square where those old properties at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back