• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much do you think Kingdom Hearts III will sell... 2.0.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
As we getting closer to the release of Kingdom Hearts III how much do you think this game will sell?

Yesterday I saw the "Globally Year Chart" of VGChartz and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 holds the 61st spot with 356,405 copies sold... I wasn't expecting this at all lol

So far the franchise has sold 26.76 million copies ww.

Will we cross the 30 million mark with KHIII?

The source of the sales this year:
Global Yearly Video Game Chart, Week Ending 11th Jul 1975 - VGChartz

My bet is that this will sell more than KHII, I think we might cross the 5 million mark.

when we combine the sales of KH 1.5, KH 2.5 and KH 1.5 + 2.5 we get a total of 4,61 which is already huge... lol

I usesd the same site to get the sales of the francise

Kingdom Hearts - 6.40 million
Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix - 0.55 million
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 1.85 million
Kingdom Hearts II - 4.33 million
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - 0.87 million
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + - 0.26 million
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - 1.99 million
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 2.08 million
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix - 0.16 million
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - 0.93 million
Kingdom Hearts 3DS: Dream Drop Distance - 1.60 million
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix - 1.85 million
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix - 1.25 million
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix - 1.51 million
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 1.13 million
Kingdom Hearts III - ???

Total: 26.76 million

Anyways, what is your bet?

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It will probably do as well as KH2. It would have been bonkers successful if they managed to get it out around the peak of Frozen's popularity, even if only a year or two after it released.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Little more than KH2 possibly but not as much as the first game. The addition of popular properties in the game should hopefully help.

Awards
I did this thread a while ago but it floped lol I hope it isn't a problem and that's why I put the 2.0. lol

kaseykockroach

Awards
It'll bomb so hard, Square will have to make a Namine game out of desperation!

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

tumblr_pbv241wPn21vmiunio1_540.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It will be the fastest selling Square Enix game since XV. Lifetime sales will peak at 7m if they port it to other consoles.

First week sales will break KH2’s sales records.

mytomxxx

I think it will pass KH1 pretty quick. I was too young at the time KH1 released to compare, but it looks KH3 is making considerable more noise than any other game in the series.

And really don't understand why people played KH1 more than KH2 haha.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it could easily top KH1. That game came when Disney was in a slump with their films and did as well as it did. This is the first console game to release during the Disney Revival and to feature those Revival properties. It’s also the game to ever bring the Disney films and characters to life so authentically. With Disney currently at its height and the quality we’re seeing in this game, Kingdom Hearts 3 has the potential to have unprecedented sales numbers.

It’s ultimately going to depend on how much support Disney throws behind the game’s marketing though. They have to sell the game to a new generation of players that are the age many of us were when KH1 releases. That’s the audience that will be most engaged with the Disney side of the game. Bringing in those new young fans will give the series even more longevity. Disney just has to have faith that KH has grown out of the niche market it has lived in for the past several years.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it could easily top KH1. That game came when Disney was in a slump with their films and did as well as it did. This is the first console game to release during the Disney Revival and to feature those Revival properties. It’s also the game to ever bring the Disney films and characters to life so authentically. With Disney currently at its height and the quality we’re seeing in this game, Kingdom Hearts 3 has the potential to have unprecedented sales numbers.

It’s ultimately going to depend on how much support Disney throws behind the game’s marketing though. They have to sell the game to a new generation of players that are the age many of us were when KH1 releases. That’s the audience that will be most engaged with the Disney side of the game. Bringing in those new young fans will give the series even more longevity. Disney just has to have faith that KH has grown out of the niche market it has lived in for the past several years.

Agreed. If Disney puts in effort to sell this game to Disney fans, it should not have any problems breaking past KH1's lifetime numbers. This should be something that should be getting billboards, TVCMs, online commercials (where they actually state the name of the game and not whatever tf SE was doing post-E3 where it'd be segments of Frozen or something but literally no name of the game or even a clickthrough link to ANYTHING related to the game.), trailers attached to children films in theaters.

The fans that are here right now aren't going to stick around forever, so getting kids to engage in this series is paramount to maintaining the longevity of the franchise. (That and later on down the line introducing a film or animated series to the franchise)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed. If Disney puts in effort to sell this game to Disney fans, it should not have any problems breaking past KH1's lifetime numbers. This should be something that should be getting billboards, TVCMs, online commercials (where they actually state the name of the game and not whatever tf SE was doing post-E3 where it'd be segments of Frozen or something but literally no name of the game or even a clickthrough link to ANYTHING related to the game.), trailers attached to children films in theaters.

The fans that are here right now aren't going to stick around forever, so getting kids to engage in this series is paramount to maintaining the longevity of the franchise. (That and later on down the line introducing a film or animated series to the franchise)

Yes exactly! I want to see KH3 lighting up Times Square! :D But really, they absolutely need to put a trailer in front of Ralph Breaks the Internet. Where better to advertise a video game crossover based on Disney than in front of a Disney crossover based on video games? Lol. It’s too perfect of an opportunity that, in my opinion, they would be foolish to pass up. For it to be less out of place next to trailers for films, it could be more of a story trailer for the Disney worlds, maybe with some Mark Hamill narration to tie it all together.

mytomxxx

Yes exactly! I want to see KH3 lighting up Times Square! :D But really, they absolutely need to put a trailer in front of Ralph Breaks the Internet. Where better to advertise a video game crossover based on Disney than in front of a Disney crossover based on video games

I really don't get why, why they didn't put a cameo of kingdom hearts at the first movie.

Awards
I really don't get why, why they didn't put a cameo of kingdom hearts at the first movie.

I really hope they have a cameo on the second movie, it would be the perfect opportunity... Also I hope there's some kind of an easter egg on Toy Story 4 as well

the red monster

Awards
4-5 million, might be 6 if do a switch+pc release. the story will confuse many newcomers which is gonna hold people back from getting it.
public demo will help for people to at least try the gameplay, it can add more sells, if they do one..

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's easily going to sell in the millions in its first week. I imagine it'll reach 5 million fairly easily and quickly, surpassing KH2. And if they port it to the Switch, that number will only increase. My assumption is that it will be the most commercially successful game in the franchise. KH1 sold somewhere around 6 million if memory serves, and I think KH3 can easily top that in its lifetime sales. Not sure if it'll crack the top 10 best selling Square games (lowest is currently 1996 Tomb Raider at 7.5m) but it'll absolutely do well.

If Disney wasn't paying much attention to KH before, they will after KH3 comes out.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm estimating somewhere between 4 to 6 mil myself, the latter on ports. I'd be genuinely surprised if it does less.

Okay but I'd play it so here's my $$$ Square

Awards
I was extremely enthusiastic about KH3s sales at first. But after seeing Resident Evil 2 is releasing in the exact same week, it kinda crushed that for me lol

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I was extremely enthusiastic about KH3s sales at first. But after seeing Resident Evil 2 is releasing in the exact same week, it kinda crushed that for me lol

Ooh, that's a good point. That's definitely going to take a bite out of the KH3 first week sales for sure.

kaseykockroach

Awards
KH3 will sell billions, because I'm buying a thousand copies. One copy to play, and 999 back-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back