• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do Nobodies get their elemental powers?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameisAnsem

I can see Roxas having light, since Sora was a Keyblade wielder on that side, but what about the rest. Especially Xemnas. Controlling Nothingness itself? Could it be based on their personalities before they lost their hearts?

BlueKey777

Banned
I never really thought about it... I mean isn't magic just something anyone can use? I like the Idea that their personalities can shape their magic so sure lets go with that :)

MyNameisAnsem

I never really thought about it... I mean isn't magic just something anyone can use? I like the Idea that their personalities can shape their magic so sure lets go with that :)

Yeah, theoretically anyone could use magic, but they each had those powers that they were especially skilled with. Glad to hear someone else agrees though!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I thought that perhaps they were born with it based on their personalities but now there's evidence that their powers were something they already had, as Braig has his warping abilities in Birth by Sleep.

Though it's possible that those powers were a result of Xehanort's interference. I guess. Blah.

kh13

Maybe it is based on things that they liked? Like what they did as a human and that somehow transferred over to the ability they beame able to use as a nobody.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I thought that perhaps they were born with it based on their personalities but now there's evidence that their powers were something they already had, as Braig has his warping abilities in Birth by Sleep.

Though it's possible that those powers were a result of Xehanort's interference. I guess. Blah.

I think their personality may have something to do with it but given we don't know much about their pre-nobody personality, or in general really, it's hard to define.
But one example could be Vexen. A cold scientific personality, uses ice.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think that some members already have their element from when they were somebodies.

Doesn't Lea still have his fire abilities, even after becoming whole?

From a gameplay point of view I think it's just because it's cool and gives the opponents variety. In universe, I think people lean towards certain abilities because they feel like it/it works best for them. Just like how people usually either lean towards light or darkness, some prefer the elements of water, lighting, fire, ice, etc.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
Doesn't Lea still have his fire abilities, even after becoming whole?

From a gameplay point of view I think it's just because it's cool and gives the opponents variety. In universe, I think people lean towards certain abilities because they feel like it/it works best for them. Just like how people usually either lean towards light or darkness, some prefer the elements of water, lighting, fire, ice, etc.

Yeah, though it is really hard to understand why his element is Fire. Maybe they were just taught it in the long run. I hope we get to learn more about it soon. Plus it also seemed that his fire element carried over when he was given the ability to wield the Keyblade as well.

fangsora

here's what I think since xemmnas is xheanort's nobody and xheanort is a key blade master xemnas taught every organtion member how to use there weapons that would explain how axle beat hayner.

Master Ultima

Awards
Maybe there elemental powers were what Xehanort had when he was a Keyblade Wielder. Maybe each members elemental power is proof of just how skilled, strong, and capable xehanort is with magic.

MyNameisAnsem

In universe, I think people lean towards certain abilities because they feel like it/it works best for them. Just like how people usually either lean towards light or darkness, some prefer the elements of water, lighting, fire, ice, etc.

So to you, it's just a matter of whatever they prefer. Yeah, that makes sense. It's easier to make sense of than some characteristic or whatever in their previous life carrying over.

here's what I think since xemmnas is xheanort's nobody and xheanort is a key blade master xemnas taught every organtion member how to use there weapons that would explain how axle beat hayner.

We're talking about their elemental powers though, not weapons. Besides, Lea already used some sort of chakram-esque weapon, Braig already had Arrowguns, Dilan already had (at least one, maybe more) spear(s), Aeleus already had an Axe Sword/Tomahawk/Whatever, and Sora already had a Keyblade. I would think it's safe to say any weapon use came form before they were a Nobody.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I've always thought it was cause of their personalities. Like, Vexen got ice powers cause he's cold and calculating as a scientist. Or on the flip-side, Xemnas got nothingness cause he's the leader of the Nobodies. I mean, it fits doesn't it? I like to think so.

MegaCore5

Awards
I agree that it's probably their personalities, and maybe previous abilities (like someone mentioned about Braig).
How so? What I think it is was AX that awakened their power when they were stabbed in their hearts so they became nobody's. Is it possible that they all had these powerful abilities before they were nobodies? I don't mean they were all carrying around weapons and shields and such but maybe for example Evan had the ability to manipulate ice before he was a nobody.

rufusisaghost

How so? What I think it is was AX that awakened their power when they were stabbed in their hearts so they became nobody's. Is it possible that they all had these powerful abilities before they were nobodies? I don't mean they were all carrying around weapons and shields and such but maybe for example Evan had the ability to manipulate ice before he was a nobody.

It's more of a hunch than anything else. Someone said in a previous note that Braig had the ability to teleport. ( I didn't get this far in the game because I don't have the console, so I can't say for sure). But it's little things like maybe Isa was a bit short tempered as a human, which explains his Berserk form in KHII. Lea had his little disk things, which resembled chakrams as a Nobody. Lexaeus was probably a pretty strong guy as a human, so that strength transferred over as a Nobody. And I can always see Demyx just playing a ukelele or guitar or something out on a beach somewhere in my mind, haha. Just little things like that, you know? Like I said it's just a guess for me, it would seem to make sense.

Anthony12KH

Its probably based on their personalities. They use the same weapons as their somebodies, so there must be something else about them that causes the elements.

davidXIIIaxel

maybe materia is a part of the reason why they have the elements. but wait remember they were all expirements by ansem the wise? that could be the reason why they have elemental powers.

MegaCore5

Awards
maybe materia is a part of the reason why they have the elements. but wait remember they were all expirements by ansem the wise? that could be the reason why they have elemental powers.
. Pretty sure materia isn't in this game... Yeah if Ansem the wise had other experiments going on maybe they conduct experiments on themselves to get them their powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back