• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Could Vanitas Truly Be...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Bronze Member
Before I even put in my 2 cents, can somehow tell me how Vanitas even has a full heart? After MX made vanitas, ven had only a fractured heart, so does that mean vanitas only received a portion of ven's heart?

You need a heart of darkness and one of light to complete the x-blade right? So how did vanitas get an actual heart (unless it was just an incomplete part of ven's heart.)

But that still doesnt equal 2 hearts. Can someone clear this up. From what I see, ven and vanitas each contain the same heart, just each of them have half of it. So how can they make the x-blade??

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Before I even put in my 2 cents, can somehow tell me how Vanitas even has a full heart? After MX made vanitas, ven had only a fractured heart, so does that mean vanitas only received a portion of ven's heart?
Van had just as much of a heart as Ven did (you could argue that technically it's possible that Van had more heart than Ven or vice versa, but the point is that both weren't complete). Ven wasn't a full heart, either; he connected with Sora, not merged.

But that still doesnt equal 2 hearts. Can someone clear this up. From what I see, ven and vanitas each contain the same heart, just each of them have half of it. So how can they make the x-blade??
Ven and Van are considered to be two separate hearts in the KH universe. It may not make sense in the logic of other people, but it does in KH's logic.

xStarSeekerx

Well.....Vanitas never is destroyed. it kinda imposible.

he faded from existence.

theres a difference.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Um... the whole point of the opening of the game was to show that Ven COULDNT survive without Vanitas which is WHY he had to connect his heart with Sora's.
The only difference in the ending of the game is that instead of connecting his heart to Sora, he asks if he can stay with him instead.

Yen Sid: The boy's heart is sleeping.
^shows that it is still there.

Yen Sid: I could not say. It is almost as though his heart has left.
^keyword being "almost".

At that point of the story, Ven's heart is still inside him, it's just FRACTURED (as the cutscene title says clearly).

You're missing the difference in the actions. Ven didn't JOIN with Sora's heart to save himself, he joined with Sora simply because he wanted to. Their hearts didn't merge, Ven just chose to take refuge in Sora. If he has simply reconnected his heart with Sora's again, he theoretically could have woken up, but he didn't.

-_-

Well, obviously it DID leave him because that's how he fully joined with Sora.

That's interesting though. I've never heard someone suggest that Ven still had potential to survive on his own and chose to take refuge in Sora's heart instead of joining with him after Vanitas was allegedly destroyed.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
-_-

Well, obviously it DID leave him because that's how he fully joined with Sora.
Yeah, it left him after he had been placed in the Chamber of Waking, but not during that particular scene (this is made even more clear by the fact that Ven summons his Keyblade in that scene).

That's interesting though. I've never heard someone suggest that Ven still had potential to survive on his own and chose to take refuge in Sora's heart instead of joining with him after Vanitas was allegedly destroyed.
I thought that was obvious what happened.

.:Mega:.

Awards
My thoughts:

Vanitas Remnant.

Really, maybe that boss has more significance than a random fight. Ven's heart will need to be completed; maybe the Remnant is key.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Yeah, it left him after he had been placed in the Chamber of Waking, but not during that particular scene (this is made even more clear by the fact that Ven summons his Keyblade in that scene).

I thought that was obvious what happened.

Huh...i give you props for that. That makes more sense actually.

No most people thought he HAD to join with Sora instead of just connecting with him to survive, not out of choice. Though I doubt he'd want to leave Aqua and Terra just to do that.

My thoughts:

Vanitas Remnant.

Really, maybe that boss has more significance than a random fight. Ven's heart will need to be completed; maybe the Remnant is key.

Yeah I think the remnant is definitely gonna have some importance.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
he wasnt destoyed he just went back to where he belonged in ven heart so he could be restored he could always be summoned again especilay now that you know who is back

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Huh...i give you props for that. That makes more sense actually.

No most people thought he HAD to join with Sora instead of just connecting with him to survive, not out of choice. Though I doubt he'd want to leave Aqua and Terra just to do that.
The scene itself seemed to make it clear to me he went with Sora just because he wanted to, not because he had to. =/

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Last edited:
Awards
But even Vanitas says that Ven's heart would be destroyed along with the X-Blade.

Granted, it didn't happen right away like Vanitas (since Vanitas was the one who lost), but it shouldn't be much different than his condition on Destiny Island at the start of the game. That is, the light within him would gradually slip away and, unless something was done, his heart would be lost.

At the very least, the repercussions of destroying half of your reunited heart should be as serious as those of its separation in the first place.
You yourself said that Ven's heart is "fractured" when he goes into Sora's heart.

Do you really think he would have sustained himself for much longer?

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Probably not, Ventus is asleep in Sora's heart. But, who's to say what Vanitas meant by Ven's heart being destroyed, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back