• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How big of a gap in age is inappropriate, and when does it stop mattering.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
if i'm 50 and i used that rule and that means i can date someone around 32. I don't i'll date some one whose old enough to be my daughter

Not all people give a fuck.

That playboy guy especially.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
weell matt heffner is old and insane so i don't epect him to give a shit

I meant Hugh Hefner. His old ass is filled with attracted young girls, and he doesn't seem to care about the age.

It really depends on the person.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Age itself isn't a good measure. One's maturity level is the better gauge. Of course, that's much harder to measure, so people just fall back to physical age.

But yeah, I've seen people in college with a maturity you'd expect from early high school, and vice versa. Just depends on whether that person is able to make an informed decision on their own.

If you want a specific range..when below the age of 20, probably a 2-3 year range is decent.

Yes, fair point - but it isn't simply maturity. I think life experience is really important.

People of two vastly different ages will find a long lasting relationship difficult to sustain. If you're at two different stages at your life - which is irrespective of maturity - it can be really difficult.

For example, if I were to date a 30 old guy, he may be thinking of settling down, and I wouldn't be ready for that, or to make any kind of commitment. I'm not just talking about romantically, but people my age are very undecided about studying/career, and so everything is up in the air, whereas older people are more 'settled'.
Not to mention younger people have different habits, tend to have faster paced lifestyles and have entirely different priorities and tend to enjoy lack of responsibilities. If I were to say hang out with my hypothetical 30 year old boyfriends' friends, it would be a slightly awkward; I'm not talking about integrating with a few friends, it's the fact that we'd move in different kinds of social circles.

You always feel the need to justify yourself when introducing a boyfriend or girlfriend who is a very different age from you. It will always raise a few eyebrows.

However, I do say this with great reluctance. I truly wish it was fine, but I think there are a lot of complexities which make such a relationship problematic.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Incidentally, in terms of sex - how big of a gap in age is inappropriate?
Want to gather some opinions here .... ;)

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
If we are talking about minors here, I find an age gap of two years appropriate. For adults, I would find 10-13 years appropriate. Any more and I will either see the woman as a cougar, a whore, or a gold digger. For men, they either like the older type, the younger type, or they just want some ass.

State

Awards
"Love matters."

Just because the person is older than you doesn't mean you can't love her. In my country, there's a 72 year old woman married and in-love with a 100 year old man.

Sparks

gone
Well in my opinion, it seems like in high school, I tend to go more for guys that are a year, two years older than I am. For some reason I am just really, very picky. I will NOT date a senior or anyone over that, to me it just seems gross right now, but I will date Juniors and Sophmores. Many of the freshman guys that I talk to or know are so immature it isn't even funny. They know nothing about being a good boyfriend, and how to actually act like they have a girlfriend. And for many girls my age, dating someone younger than them seems really stupid because we generally think that they are more immature. My friend has been dating a guy younger than her for a few months now, but in their own little couples world they believe that they'll be together forever! ...hahahahahahhahahahahahahahah... Can't forget that I'm a freshman, and she is too. But getting back to the point, it seems like (as a girl) going for a guy who is older than you just makes it seem like they would be more matured and ready to actually be in a relationship.

I just talk so much :p

krexia

Translator
Awards
And this rule people usually go by: females dont date younger guys/ males dont date older women.
My last boyfriend was two and a half years younger than me. Didn't bother anyone I knew.

if i'm 50 and i used that rule and that means i can date someone around 32.
Which is borderline creepy, as the rule suggests - but it certainly happens.

Incidentally, in terms of sex - how big of a gap in age is inappropriate?
In my view, it's all good so long as everyone's legal and honest about their intentions.

O

Oberon

I tend to go with 2-3 years at most (younger), though when dealing with someone who's older, I probably wouldn't date someone older than 25. It's hard dating someone knowing they are/could be a mother. :v

"Love matters."

Just because the person is older than you doesn't mean you can't love her. In my country, there's a 72 year old woman married and in-love with a 100 year old man.
that's hardly a measurable way to look at it. They're both already old as fcuk anyway, so who gives a shit?

now a 25 year old loving a 12 year old... eeeeehhhhh

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
IF You're Happy, She's Happy, Jesus Is Happy, Santa Dun Care, Your Parents are O.K. with it, and the stranger don't mind...

It's 'Kay. Not like anyone would dare to say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back