• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~*Holding Out For A Hero*~(Sequel to AiL)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Update, mommy. >.>;

Don't call me mommy. Makes me feel old. And here's yer updart. Deal with it. >.>;

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return; to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivilent Exchange.

For all that I've lost, I haven't gained a single thing back; for in less than twenty-four hours, I had gained love, and lost it. After that, nothing could ever be the same again.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.​

~~~~~M~e~g~a~n~~~~~​

I had been tapping the trigger for far too long, now... At least it seemed like an eternity to me. For every Flood that was blown back away from me, five more took its place. I grimaced hard, my teeth subconsciously clenching together tightly.

IT'S THE FRIGGIN' HEARTLESS ARMY REINCARNATED.

INTO THINGS THAT EAT YOU.

Then my scenerio, if possible, got worse. The assault rifle in my hands just... stopped. The bullets simply quit their hurried escape from the gun in my grasp. I blinked rapidly, trying to fathom what was wrong with the weapon I held. I think I actually blanched when the thought struck me, more electrifying than any lightning bolt.

I was out of ammo.

I felt my blood run ice cold, and the malignant Flood just kept coming, relentless in their hunt for food to satisfy their neverending hunger. "Oh, hell..." I murmured meakly, my legs steadily becoming more and more like jelly every second.

Standing fast to prevent myself from falling to my knees, I started viciously shaking the assault rifle, backing up as I did. But trying to escape the incoming creatures was futile; a cliff was suddenly all that was behind me. With nothing but darkness waiting to envelop me below.

"Shiznap..." I muttered in shock and fear under my breath, trying to peirce my gaze through the opaque blackness.

Aozora's voice suddenly came from virtually nowhere, echoing off the walls and pulling at my frozen senses, "MEGAN, JUMP THE STUPID CLIFF!"

"What?! Are you crazy?!" And what about Ketso?! I shouted back, twirling around and wondering where his voice originated from. And if he could even hear me.

"JUMP UNLESS YOU WANNA BE EATEN. AND KETSO'S WITH US, HE'S FINE." Aozora responded, as if reading my mind.

...Well, of course Ketso's fine...

In more than one way...

.___.

Mind made up and before I allowed Aozora to finish his exclamation, I reluctantly leaped off the high ground. The world whizzing past me as I plummeted through the darkness was anything but lucid, and I was just...

Falling.

Right when I thought I could stay like that forever, my body was abruptly plunged into icy waters.

WHERE IS ALL THIS WATER COMING FROM?!

Instinct finally kicked in, and I pumped my legs to reach the surface, desperately kicking until I burst from the waters, gasping for air. A pair of gloved hands entered my line of vision, and Aozora's voice was suddenly speaking softly, soothingly near my ear.

"Are you ok? On second thought, don't answer that. Just be quiet unless you want those things to hear you," The blonde instructed lowly, carefully dragging me out of the water and onto land.

I nodded slowly, shivering slightly, and I couldn't tell if it was a result of the cold or my bouncing nerves. Realizing I had closed my eyes when I had been submerged in that oil-colored solution, unclasped my eyelids, meeting Aozora's worried gaze.

I nervously scooted out of his protective grasp, wary of the gunshots erupting from all around me, "Aozora, how do you reload... the... thing..."

He sighed deeply and I pursed my lips together at him, clearly saying 'don't j00 sigh at me!' without actually having to.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
I swear, that's what happened when I was playing Halo. And my five year old knew more about what was going on than me.

me: *shooting, screaming, 'shiznap'ing, and generally getting s.s.*

teh dino[matthew]: Jump off.

me: What?! Are you crazy?!

him: JUMP OR YOU'LL GET EATEN!

me: FINE, BUT I'M GONNA DIE.

Very chaotic, it was. :wise Yoda nod:

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: Awsome update! I would probably suck at holding a gun>.< But, oddly enough, when my mom's boyfriend and my sister's boyfriend asked me if I wanted to play Double007.... (I think...)The shooting game, we went for team's, and I got the title that I was invincible since somehow, even if they hit me directly a bunch of times, I'd dodge or something since I'd still have quite a bit of health left, and I don't think it was a glitch since it was like that for every round we played! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back