• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~*Holding Out For A Hero*~(Sequel to AiL)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy

Jabberwocky
.:Holding Out For A Hero:.(Sequel to AiL)

Well, here it is! The sequel to Accidentally In Love! Love it, hate, do whatever you want with it. o.o

...Hehe...xD *ahem* Gutter mind. :3

Might as well put those rights to Kanynt to good use... <_< >_>;; He was gonna be in her' before Pickle even gave me the rights! =D

Without further ado, I proudly present:

Holding Out For A Hero

HOFAH! =D

Sidenote: Thanks to C_U fer teh song suggestion. :3

~~~~~~~~~~

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return; to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivilent Exchange.

For all that I've lost, I haven't gained a single thing back; for in less than 24 hours, I had gained love, and lost it. After that, nothing could ever be the same again.

Nearly a year after that summer, I was leaving the hustle and bustle of my mom's wedding celebration, and I ventured to the courtyard outside. Careful not to trip on my long, spagetti-strap, maroon dress, I simply stood in the middle of the beautifully-decorated courtyard, and closed my mis-matched eyes, feeling the icy breeze through my hair and it's soft caress on my cheek; I smiled. Reluctantly, my eyes opened, and I scanned the horizon carefully; it was twilight. My favorite time of day.

"Of course it's my favorite freakin' time of the day..." I muttered to myself.

I'm cutting through, you're bleeding out
And I would tell the truth, but I can't help myself
Red rushes out, dissect this nerve
And I'll stop myself before I reach my cell

...At least, it had been my favorite since-...since.... Kaze. I took a shaky breath, and luckily saw something to take my mind off him. In the distance, a swirling dust cloud was coming my way, and I squinted, trying to make out the figure causing it all. As the apparent golden-colored cloud came steadily closer, the figure became more defined, and my mis-matched eyes widened in shock.

"Krad?!" I exclaimed as the homicidal blonde moved ever-closer.

I wasn't asking for the world
And you know that I'm not one to follow through
All these city streets the people look the same
And I can see your face, and I can hear your name

I was frozen on the spot; I willed my legs to move, but they stubbornly stay planted on the cement. At the last possible moment before Krad reached me, someone grasped me around the waist from the side, and flew away. And not flew in the metaphore form, they were actually flying. I clung to my savior - at least until I realized who it was.

"DARK?! WHAT THE-?!" I shouted, straying as far as I could from teh PHP without him dropping me.

You're stabbing in, permanent scars
And you'll justify it all inside yourself
You've finished me, my pulse is gone
And you're satisfied to put this all to hell

"I thought you'd be happy to see me!" He protested with an evil Dark-smirk in his evil Dark-voice.

"GUESS AGAIN!!!" I yelled. "NOW, PUT ME DOWN!"

I looked over Dark's shoulder to see Krad in hot pursuit of us, and I promptly clutched to Dark again with a twitch. He just smirked knowingly while I Myra-pouted at him effectivelely; I was so combusting him later. >.>

"Don't you dare put me down and/or drop me. >.>" I growled dangerously.

"I won't." Dark reassured me with a small laugh. "Just hold on, we're gonna lose him."

"NU-"

Too late. Dark was now spiraling upwards, carrying me bridal-style and careful not to drop me. The PHP gracefully dodged several blasts of golden light from behind, and he eventually dive bombed, heading for the ground. I suppressed a scream, and Dark expertly sliced his speed in half, freezing just above the ground; Krad sped past us. With a mocking laugh, Dark flew in the direction we had come.

"Why the hell is Krad tryin' to take me out?!" I yelled over the wind.

Dark raised an eyebrow at me.

"NOT LIKE THAT! THE DEAD KINDA 'TAKE ME OUT', SMART ONE!" I shouted frusteratedly, flailing my arms and effectiveley smacking Dark in the side of the head.

Drink the poison, when you think it's over
(Drink the poison)
Stabbing yourself, when you think it's too late
Tragic endings are your thing, you love them
(Tragic endings)
You love letting go, the ending's the same
Drink the poison, when you think it's over
(Drink the poison)
Inevitable, Verona lives inside of you

"He's working with ... the ... the ... I can't pronounce it. Humu-somethin'." Dark said, looking ahead of us.

I paused, thinking minutely, then my eyes bulged, and I exclaimed, "The Humunculi?!"

"That's it!! And the Hu-whatevers are with the Order. So, you're totally screwed. And not in the good way." Dark told me with a scowl. Sick pervert. o.<

Dark landed back in the courtyard, and I promptly leaped out of his arms, turning to face teh PHP, hands on my hips. "We've gotta get outta here. At least I do."

Dark shrugged, then his gaze shifted to something behind me. "The ... H-word's are coming."

I whirled around to see Lust, Gluttony, Envy, and Krad all coming at us, full-force. I twitched horribly, before turning back to Dark. Only to find it was Sora, again. I screamed in frustration and surprise.

"WHAT?! SORA?! NU!! GET DARK BACK OUT HERE TO SAVE MY SORRY ASS!" I shouted, spazzing effectively.

Sora frowned. "I can't save you?"

"NO! YOU ARE A SCRAWNY GIRLY-BOY!" I shouted, grasping the other brunette's hand and running back into the building where everyone was partying.

Truthfully, there wasn't really an 'partying', only old people thinking they were. De nile ain't just a river in Egypt, folks. I rushed straight through the room, going towards the back exit.

"Where're you going?!" Sora asked me, irritated.

"I dunno! Shut up!" I hissed at him.

Your Sword Vs. My Dagger by Silverstein blared from the speakers(I could hear it even outside), and I carelessly threw Sora out the door, slamming it behind me. Whirling, I placed my hand on the cold metal, and the door glowed, followed by a sharp click. Then one of Lust's claws squealed through the door, causing me to 'eep'.

So much for locking the door.

Backing away from the door, I called back to Sora without looking, "Can you please change back into Dark so the Universe has at least some chance of not spiraling into darkness?!"

"Already done." Dark! THANK GOD.

I whirled about, seeing that Dark was holding out his arms with a smirk. Hearing the metal squealing painfully behind me, I reluctantly leaped into Dark's arms, and his dark amethyst(but spelled right...) wings(it's actually With, though :3) spread out wide, and with a few flaps, we were soaring through the air once more.

"Think you can get of this world by just flying?" I asked Dark, half-sarcastically.

"Newp, sorry." He replied.

"Damn." I muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hurry up 'n post so I can updart. =D​

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
UPDATE! THIS FIC IS GREAT! THANK YOU SO MUCH, K_K! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER! KETSO IS HAVING A HEART ATTACK! UPDATE!

First post belongs to meh, duh.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
DARK! *Huggles my bishie* You got him perfectly! All perverted and what not! Awesome post! Post more soon! HOFAH is finally here!

*slaps Krad round the head*

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT TAKING YOUR MEDICINE!?

Krad: T_T I cant help being a homicidal blonde!

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
This is actually really interesting. I'll be sure to keep reading this one.

But it'll be hard. Who's dark? And why does humunculi remind me of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
You Know I Got The First Post, Ky! Silver! Sterling! Whatever!

EDIT: Caps lock didn't work because I'm wonderful like that. ^-^ Deal, n00bs. ^-^

Krazy

Jabberwocky
o.o You didn't wait ferever...

YAY! I GOT DARK RIGHT! REJOICE! =D *celebrates* <3

After this updart, I'll actually hafta start updarting, again. ;-; If I actually updart when I say, there might be a wonderous updart waiting for you all on the weekend! ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return; to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivilent Exchange.

For all that I've lost, I haven't gained a single thing back; for in less than 24 hours, I had gained love, and lost it. After that, nothing could ever be the same again.

~~~~~~~~~~​

"But, there is a Gummi about 100 yards from here." How the hell did Dark know that...? o.0;

Instead of asking why in hell teh PHP knew that, I shouted, "GO! GO TO IT!! NOW!"

"...That's where I was originally going." The PHP informed me bluntly.

"I KNEW THAT!" ... Ok, so I didn't ... But I did subconsciously!!

Dark sped toward the mis-matched-colored speck in the distance, and it steadily became a multi-colored blob, then the Gummi's features could be seen. A wave of nostagia washed through me, though I couldn't figure out why. Floating gently above the ship, I leaped out of Dark's arms, falling a few yards to the ground below.

I ran my hand over the soft material, "Wonder who's this-

"MYRA!" A voice suddenly cried.

Time froze as I wondered who the hell Myra was. Time started up again, and I whirled around, only to be hugged painfully. By ... someone that wasn't Dark. Or Sora. I was confuzzled. The unknown boy - who apparently had blonde hair - had to lean down a little to hug me. I was happy about this.

"Uhmmm..." I started.

"IT TOOK FOREVER - well, not forever... - BUT I FINALLY FOUND YOU, MYRA!" Who is Myra?! WHO?!

"Who ... who's Myra?" I finally asked, still being hugged relentlessly; weird, usually it was the other way around...

The blonde finally pulled away, horror-stricken, and I could see he had bright emerald eyes; I knew him.... WHO WAS THIS KID?! "You... You don't know?" He asked me, distinctly crestfallen.

I paused, not knowing how to answer that. I knew this kid... I knew him with all my heart and soul. I've known him for years. He ... he was my first kiss, not Kaze ... He fought death to come back to me ... I stole his name on Land of the Dragons! It was the first thing that came to my mind ... <_< >_>;;

"Ketso...?" I asked slowly, unsure of the name that had just rolled off my tongue.

The blonde's emerald eyes instantaniously(<--not a typo) lit up, a bright smile crawling onto his face. "Yeah! I-"

Sora was suddenly between us, an annoyed expression on his face, "You two don't exactly have time to reunite right now." He gestured behind the two of us pointedly.

We turned. ACCURSED EVIL PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND TRYING TO KIDNAP ME. WHAT DO THEY WANT?! JUST ... OPEN KINGDOM HEARTS BY YERSELVES! GOSH. I'm am so smiting them. Again.

Ketso positioned himself between myself and the horde of evil .... ness heading towards us, in his hand a ridiculously large spear/lance type thing. I caught the words 'Essence Of Heart' emblazed on the blonde's weapon. "Just stay behind me, Myra-"

Ebony flames - that weren't mine - rose up, circling our small group and the Gummi itself, creating a shield. Or ... a trap. A voice I knew came from above, "If you think she's just gonna sit back willingly and be the D.I.D., think again!"

Everyone's necks craned upward in the direction of the voice. Atop the Gummi, there stood the same cloaked figure from one year ago. The same guy who had helped Sabrina and I defeat that giant Nobody ... thing. THAT DAMN KEYBLADE-STEALER!

What was his name, again?

Aroz...Andy...Alan...Alex...*shudders* No...

I blinked cluelessly behind mis-matched eyes up at the still-hooded teen, ready to guess his name, but Ketso beat me to it. The emerald-eyed blonde was looking quit surprised, eyes wide and mouth hanging open as he gazed up at the cloaked Keyblade-stealer.

"AOZORA?!" Ketso shouted up at him in disbelief.

Oh, yeah! That's it. =D 'Aozora' faultered slightly from the force of Ketso's shout, nearly falling off the top of the Gummi. A sharpened claw(Must be Lust; fun, fun...) lashed out at the cloaked teen from behind the curtain of ebony flames, and Aozora promptly fell off the Gummi, landing unceremoniously at my feet.

I pulled the KEYBLADE-STEALER to his feet, in the process tearing his hood off; I HADTA SEE IF THIS KEYBLADE-STEALER WAS AN ELIGIBLE BISHIE. White-blonde locks greeted my mis-matched gaze as the hood slid off the dual-weilder's head. The apparent-blonde stiffened, not ready to lift his head and meet my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

Shorter, but that's what you get fer....fer...BEIN' IMPATIENT. >.>;

...Sure, let's go with that....:ninja:

: pirate :

:elementalpirateninja: =D​

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Ketso is ecstatic. He's running around the house, baking, skipping, pumping his fists in the air, and "whoo-hooing". He's incredibly happy.

AND I AM TOO! ^-^ SO HAPPY! Thank goodness for this fic!

I guess it wasn't ferever, but it was long. Great job on instanteniously. But spelled right! ^-^ Thanks, K_K! I'm happy!

Ketso: I'm happy, too! <3

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
STOP DANCING AND CHANGE YOUR SIG IF YOU WANT ME TO UPDATE!

Seriously. I don't like that Rikku sig you have right now. OH! And who is it that's still wearing Gazer's sig? I don't know. But someone's using Gazer's sig, C_U.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
*shakes head sadly and points to Krazy and Gerard* The both of you disappoint me. *sigh* And here I was going to give Krazy an award for being so patient and waiting for me. *tosses award in garbage bin and stares at the steadily depleting internet connection* I hate you, broken internet connection

A few more days ... but what am I going to do when I hafta catch up on all the updarts?! *takes anger out on her Latin midterm tomorrow* Ah, midterm week. It's God's gift to mankind. I swear it is.

Hey, I just remembered somthing: it's my birthday this Tuesday! =D I haven't thought about it for weeks! xD

I'M GONNA BE FIFTEEN! WhOoP! OLDER THAN ALL'YA!

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
GOH! YOU SAID SHE COULD POST IT! I SAW!

Plus, now you get to read a HUGE part of the story RIGHT when you get on. We had to wait forever. Well, not ferever, but a lot of ferever. So be happy.

HIPPO CRETIN! >.> We miss you, GoH. ;-;

Krazy

Jabberwocky
GuardianOfHearts said:
*shakes head sadly and points to Krazy and Gerard* The both of you disappoint me. *sigh* And here I was going to give Krazy an award for being so patient and waiting for me. *tosses award in garbage bin and stares at the steadily depleting internet connection* Iahte you, broken internet connection

A few more days ... but what am I going to do when I hafta catch up on all the updarts?! *takes anger out on her Latin midterm tomorrow* Ah, midterm week. It's God's gift to mankind. I swear it is.

Hey, I just remembered somthing: it's my birthday this Tuesday! =D I haven't thought about it for weeks! xD

I'M GONNA BE FIFTEEN! WhOoP! OLDER THAN ALL'YA!

AHA!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW YOU WOULD'VE WANTED ME TO WAIT! I TOLD ALL OF THEM!! I DID!! THEN PICKLE SAID YOU SAID TO POST IT!

BLAME PICKLE!!

I am currently working on future violence; patience, children. =D

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
^-^ She can blame me. I just won't care. As always. And she DID say you could post it. I SAW THE FLAM POST!

>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back