• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help TMM win $250

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Edit: apparently since it's not extremely obvious, the "Help TMM win money" is a joke. If you do the work, and it goes to the contest and it gets into any sort of prize bracket like 3rd, 2nd, or even 1st place, then within my ability the prize would go to the designer.

-------

So, my school (Drexel University) is hosting a T-Shirt contest to design the logo that will represent my entire class of engineering. Winner gets $250, SO WHO WANTS TO BE A UNIQUE TALENTED BUTTERFLY (and have your work represent an entire class of one of the top 20 engineering schools in the country?)

Entry Rules:

Must include “Drexel Engineering” in design
Must be a one color design, one side of shirt
Must be submitted in JPEG format
Deadline is August 19th

To give you an idea, the 2010 winner was:

2.png

And the 2009 winner was:

10965_103030856383166_100000287563431_76596_4333910_n.jpg

as seen in both designs, Drexel seems to love this dragon guy:

dragon.gif

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
my thought process was that this section has a bunch of people who enjoy the whole graphical design thing, some possibly doing graphic design for a career, and Drexel kind of has a history of getting really lame entries (see: engineers, wtf do we know about art?), so this would be a cool project to take on and have your work become an actual product in the real world. It's up to you if you want the $250 for books or w/e, or if you wanted to use this project for portfolio work for school/jobs, or if for once you just wanted to be apart of something that didn't just sit on the internet as nothing more than a post on this forum.

The whole "Help TMM win money" is a joke, which apparently is not implicitly obvious.

D

Deleted member 36435

muffins as soon as my computer is fixed (AHAHAHAHHAAH yeah that will happen) i'll make you something neat

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
DrexelDragonDesign.jpg

How's that?

That's pretty okay, though minimalist "shirt with the college name on it" kinda style. I think for the contest people tend to go adventurous, with unique typeface and organization, and played around with the Drexel dragon logo to include cogs, etc. so really try to be creative with it

I found some examples of winners of a different drexel t-shirt contest:

http://www.drexel.edu/orientation/assets/images/teeA-big.png

http://www.drexel.edu/orientation/assets/images/teeC-big.png

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
someone should totally do one like example C but throw in a dash of typography to where the flame spurts spell Drexell University. something like that. that would be awesome.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
someone should totally do one like example C but throw in a dash of typography to where the flame spurts spell Drexell University. something like that. that would be awesome.

that would be pre boss

the most limiting factor I think is the whole color thing. I think based on past designs and the rule outline, I think they're looking for 2 color design (shirt is 1 solid color, design is 1 solid color). so most of the creativity really has to come from being adventurous with the design

O

Oberon

I'll go ahead and take a swing at this. It'll be good typo practice.

I don't know about what color I should use, but here's an idea I had. I figured it might work because it's like you're "drafting" a concept. idk I think I should add more to the dragon but I'm not sure what all to use. It's supposed to be a blue print of sorts.

QZqlt.jpg

VffRL.jpg

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
im not even involved in this but i just want to say both of those look bonking cool

O

Oberon

I don't know. haha. I couldn't decide on a color so I just picked one. I was more concerned about the design.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The blue background could represent a blueprint.
I think that's a cover thing you did there lol

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
If that's the case then the black should be white instead. that would actually be pretty cool.

O

Oberon

Tried white and with a darker blue. I do like it quite a bit <:

OIUoH.jpg

kRrMK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back