• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have you seen this video?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraalam1

Its pretty long and no I do not agree with everything this guy says. But to be honest he has some good points and ideas. Watch this if you got time. :smile:

And yes, the video is about KH

[video=youtube;3DM68kmTrF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM68kmTrF4[/video]

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Only two minutes in, but the fact that he is saying that Disney needs a franchise the likes of Call of Duty is turning me off, as that game is pretty much everything that is wrong with the industry.

Then somehow that game is Kingdom Hearts? I'm sure Disney makes quite a bit of money off the franchise, but it can't be the game he wants it to be because the game is developed by Square Enix. I don't think many people would be interested in KH at all if it was purely Disney.

And to be completely honest Kingdom Hearts is such a tiny blip on Disney's radar. There's just a lot wrong with the entire premise of the video.

Last edited:

RobTheNobody

Oh yeah this video i saw this yesterday. He has some really good points.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
After reading Monkey's post about the video, I'm not quite sure I want to watch it anymore.

Edit: And after watching the video, I can pretty much agree with everything he said in his original post. It's entirely opinion-based, but some of the points he made in the video could and should would benefit had he done the appropriate amount of research to support them.

SilenceTheTardis

I suppose he's got quite a few good points, but overall his idea is pretty unrealistic. Square Enix and Disney are never going to redevelop the entire series, it just won't happen. One of the things that he mentioned was the camera and how the controls for it have taken a step backwards towards the original. Okay, that's a valid point but the only game released on a dual analog system was the one with better camera controls (KH2), while all the other games were forced to map the camera to shoulder buttons because of hardware limitations. The DS-family games let you manipulate the camera by using the touch screen and DDD supported that second circle pad accessory, so the devs really did all they could in that respect.

Another thing that kind of bugged me about this was his complaint about the localization delays and final mixes. It's a simple fact that the game can't come out in NA/EU/PAL regions until they rerecord all the voices and rewrite all the text. In some cases they have to do this several times especially for Europe what with all the languages spoken there. Simultaneous localization works sometimes, but lots of publishers don't do that because if a game doesn't do so well in Japan they haven't wasted any money sending it overseas. The Final Mix issue is obviously something we all wish was resolved and there's not much reason for it not to be, but Disney and Square Enix know that only the most hardcore fans are going to buy the Final Mix version so it's not hard to see why things are the way they are.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Interesting video nonetheless.

stardustfire

I loved all his ideas except rebooting the entire series... That would really ruin the entire kingdom hearts experience for me and that is very out of proportion...

TheKHRP

Website
www.YouTube.com
Disney is looking for their "Prized Franchise". Santa Monica Studios has the God of War franchise, Bungie has the Halo franchise, Rockstar Games has the Grand Theft Auto franchise, Irrational Games has the Bioshock franchise, and so on. Disney has been looking for their money-making-juggernaut. Kingdom Hearts has the potential to be it but is not "it" right now.

I mentioned Call of Duty in the video because of its popularity and only that. I don't know what you mean by "needs the likes of Call of Duty. . ." but I think you may be thinking of it/taking it in the wrong way. The popularity is what I was talking about, breaking revenue records is what I was talking about, being the best selling game of the year is what I was talking about.

When Kingdom Hearts is executed in the best possible way where everyone involved is pushing the boundaries in every way Disney will have their "Prized Franchise".

P.S. I'm the one who made the video by the way

I loved all his ideas except rebooting the entire series... That would really ruin the entire kingdom hearts experience for me and that is very out of proportion...

Someone had a similar type of comment that you made although you may be that person but here is what I wrote down in the comments in reply to his:

"How would this ruin the entire series. I don't like the thought of games like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Re: Coded, Birth By Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance ending on portable systems. When thinking about the quality of all of those games what possible positive do we get with portable systems. We get: Less space, slower games, shorter games, worse graphics, worse sound, non-immersive experience, smaller screen, ect.This would do anything but ruin the series. It would make it amazing."

Last edited by a moderator:

RobTheNobody

KHRP! Never thought to see you hear. But anyway you done a amazing video by the way. Do you have any more plans you want for the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only thing I have to say in response to your complaints with the series being spread out is Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX & Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.

The video is good, but a lot of what you said is highly unrealistic. Disney hardly acknowledges that this series exists except when Nomura has to pitch ideas and ask permission for characters and movies. Their attitude about the series isn't going to change, especially since Disney Interactive is concentrated on their big multiplatform game, Disney Infinity.

TheKHRP

Website
www.YouTube.com
KHRP! Never thought to see you hear. But anyway you done a amazing video by the way. Do you have any more plans you want for the series?

Honestly speaking the amount of stuff I've thought up for the series is unimaginable/colossal. Plus if I were to tell everyone about it all it would take ages to finish.

When reading some of these replies though I kind of expect an opposite reaction to the video. You don't think it deserves more. You say remaking the series from the start and having it planned out is a little much so you would rather leave the games on portable systems where limitations seem to be the only thing you find when comparing to consoles/computers. You don't expect them to do anything about it.

Why would you expect anything to happen if we don't do something about it ourselves?! Don't let Kingdom Hearts pass them by when you know it can be better than anything else out there. It can do better than it is now.

With your thoughts about the Final Mix's: Taking the time to release them internationally [which the amount of fans together crush the amount of fans in Japan] instead of just Japan EVERY SINGLE TIME is absolutely ridiculous. If they took the time to release them internationally they would get twice as much money back than with just Japanese fans. Better yet wait to release the game to everyone and have ONE version of the games instead of secluding parts of the story to a certain part of the world.

It was either Square Enix or Disney Interactive's fault for forcing the series to go to a worse Camera system [KH Re: COM was the other game that used the analog system]. We shouldn't have to worry about having to force them to mapping the camera controls to the shoulder buttons in the first place. With Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance a fan should not have to buy an accessory to get better controls for the game. That is just moronic.

Like I've said before why would we expect something to happen if we do absolutely nothing. Be a part of/create a movement that they can't help but to see to help create something breathtaking and breakthrough. Lets be a part of this series on a whole other level.

-Josh

The only thing I have to say in response to your complaints with the series being spread out is Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX & Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.

It is great that they have better graphics and better controls for some of those games and here is my response to your response:

With what is confirmed [what is included in 1.5 ReMIX's] there will have been:

-4 versions of Kingdom Hearts 1
-3 versions of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
-1 1/2 versions of 358/2 Days

I love the fact that they NOW finally have HD graphics and seeing the games in HD is amazing to me just as it is to you but I don't and won't pay for another version of a game that, in the first place, I don't know is going to be released outside of Japan. Even if they are released outside of Japan they are all the same games at their cores.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Exactly, the story isn't even finished yet and a reboot is just for people who are too lazy to work with the established material.

A continuity reboot would probably one of the very few things that would really drive me away from the series.

It is great that they have better graphics and better controls for some of those games and here is my response to your response:

I love the fact that they NOW finally have HD graphics and seeing the games in HD is amazing to me just as it is to you but I don't and won't pay for another version of a game that, in the first place, I don't know is going to be released outside of Japan. Even if they are released outside of Japan they are all the same games at their cores.

AND they are remedying the console-spread problem AND bringing finally FM content over to everyone.
By the way, to your Information, Europe and Australia never got Re: Chain of Memories, so that's another plus, not to mention it'll be ALL ON THE SAME CONSOLE, rendering any complaints about the handheld-console spread moot.

TheKHRP

Website
www.YouTube.com
The video is good, but a lot of what you said is highly unrealistic. Disney hardly acknowledges that this series exists except when Nomura has to pitch ideas and ask permission for characters and movies. Their attitude about the series isn't going to change, especially since Disney Interactive is concentrated on their big multiplatform game, Disney Infinity.

Like I've said before if we [including you] just sit back and do nothing why in the world would we even begin to expect something to happen. The video at the top of this page is me doing the exact opposite of doing nothing. I know that there is colossal potential in the Kingdom Hearts series which is why I've done and still am doing as much as I possibly can. Spreading the word about this is one of those things while working on future videos that include you all. Don't think of this as just a video/channel and instead think of it as a movement. Spread this all over the internet. Make videos about it on YouTube. Tweet about it and make it something that's trending all over the world on Twitter. Share it on Facebook to all of your friends. Again you can sit back if you want but if you want something to happen you have to voice your opinion. I can't do this entire thing alone. Thats why every single person who is a part of this is so important.

Lets show Disney that Kingdom Hearts is bigger and better. Lets make every game created in the Kingdom Hearts series not just another game to everyone but instead a nostalgic/unforgettable experience.

-Josh

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Josh, I think you made some good points but I doubt that the majority of fans (me included) want the whole series to be rebooted. While the story can be confusing at times we still enjoy it, and a reboot would loose more fans than gain. To say good bye to all the characters we have grown to love would just be a giant insult to the people who have invested this much into the series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why would you expect anything to happen if we don't do something about it ourselves?! Don't let Kingdom Hearts pass them by when you know it can be better than anything else out there. It can do better than it is now.

Before I begin, please stop double posting. Thank you!

Now, while I am a die-hard fan of the series I can say with complete honesty that the series cannot do better than anything out there right now. The series has always been a niche mixture of two very different things: Disney and Final Fantasy. It has definitely become extremely popular because of the weird mixture, but it is also a reason that many people refuse to play the games or even take the series seriously.

And again I say that Disney does not care about it. I'm sure if the series wasn't making them money (more than the Epic Mickey series has) they would have let it go a long time ago. Corporate Disney is not in it for making beautiful, memorable stories. They only read dollar signs and leave the creating to the people they pay little to do it. (Oh and trust me the money Disney gives SE to work on this series is pitiful.)

With your thoughts about the Final Mix's: Taking the time to release them internationally [which the amount of fans together crush the amount of fans in Japan] instead of just Japan EVERY SINGLE TIME is absolutely ridiculous. If they took the time to release them internationally they would get twice as much money back than with just Japanese fans. Better yet wait to release the game to everyone and have ONE version of the games instead of secluding parts of the story to a certain part of the world.

I can easily rationalize why the Final Mixes never came stateside. Only the diehard would have bought them. North America and Europe didn't have the market for special re-releases and the western mentality is that "I have the original one. What point is there buying the new one?" And considering how close the releases of Final Mix were between their original games, there would have been no justification for bringing them over (Despite all of the additions KH2FM+ contained). Also the fact that the Final Mixes were always special to Japan. Japan loves their exclusives, and Square Enix is no exception. They have a ton of International versions of their games they have never released outside of Japan. It's the company's mentality and there was never a chance of them coming out to NA/EU/PAL, at least not until now with the HD Remasters.

It was either Square Enix or Disney Interactive's fault for forcing the series to go to a worse Camera system [KH Re: COM was the other game that used the analog system]. We shouldn't have to worry about having to force them to mapping the camera controls to the shoulder buttons in the first place. With Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance a fan should not have to buy an accessory to get better controls for the game. That is just moronic.

The way you said that sounds as if you don't understand that each of these systems had technical limitations. How could there be a second analog camera on the DS? Or the PSP? Or the 3DS? (and trust me nobody wanted to buy the Circle Pad Pro aka the worst peripheral ever made and it makes playing KH3D worse)

Like I've said before why would we expect something to happen if we do absolutely nothing. Be a part of/create a movement that they can't help but to see to help create something breathtaking and breakthrough. Lets be a part of this series on a whole other level.

No thanks. I want to get my HD Remasters and KH3.

You do not understand that the HD Collections are them putting ALL of the games on ONE system and fixing the camera issues you complained about and making the story more accessible to the fans AND giving us the Final Mixes. This is essentially what you wanted, right?

The HD collections have not been announced for international release yet, but this is normal for any Kingdom Hearts game.

Like I've said before if we [including you] just sit back and do nothing why in the world would we even begin to expect something to happen. The video at the top of this page is me doing the exact opposite of doing nothing. I know that there is colossal potential in the Kingdom Hearts series which is why I've done and still am doing as much as I possibly can. Spreading the word about his is one of those things while working on future videos that include you all. Don't think of this as just a video/channel and instead think of it as a movement. Spread this all over the internet. Make videos about it on YouTube. Tweet about it and make it something that's trending all over the world on Twitter. Share it on Facebook to all of your friends. Again you can sit back if you want but if you want something to happen you have to voice your opinion. I can't do this entire thing alone. Thats why every single person who is a part of this is so important.

Lets show Disney that Kingdom Hearts is bigger and better. Lets make every game created in the Kingdom Hearts series not just another game to everyone but instead a nostalgic/unforgettable experience.

-Josh

No thanks. I like the idea you have, but I think it is focused over the wrong cause.

What I want from Disney is for them to put more merchandise in their stores and parks, publish the Kingdom Hearts novels they promised to release years ago, advertise the games like they used to, increase the amount of money they give Square Enix for advertisement.

I don't want them to remake the series or to take a more proactive role because once Disney takes a proactive role they will become the ones making all of the decisions rather than just the few they do now and that is a sure-fire way of stifling the creativity of the Kingdom Hearts teams.

Last edited:

TheKHRP

Website
www.YouTube.com
Josh, I think you made some good points but I doubt that the majority of fans (me included) want the whole series to be rebooted. While the story can be confusing at times we still enjoy it, and a reboot would loose more fans than gain. To say good bye to all the characters we have grown to love would just be a giant insult to the people who have invested this much into the series.

I think you may be misinterpreting what was said in the video. We wouldn't be saying goodbye at all. We would be saying hello again. I'm not, in any way, changing the characters we've all come to know and love. I'm adding to them [ADDING] to make them better. Why in the world would I want to take away any of them. So again we won't be saying goodbye at all.

A big aspect of the video is that the Disney characters need to be handled better while the Kingdom Hearts characters will be added to.

-Josh

stardustfire

Someone had a similar type of comment that you made although you may be that person but here is what I wrote down in the comments in reply to his:

"How would this ruin the entire series. I don't like the thought of games like Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Re: Coded, Birth By Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance ending on portable systems. When thinking about the quality of all of those games what possible positive do we get with portable systems. We get: Less space, slower games, shorter games, worse graphics, worse sound, non-immersive experience, smaller screen, ect.This would do anything but ruin the series. It would make it amazing."

That was me LOL but i was just confused on whether you wanted to change the story completely or you just wanted to remake all the games in a better image? But I am curious what is your definition of remaking/rebooting the KH series exactly means?

TheKHRP

Website
www.YouTube.com
I can see that some of you just don't like the idea and I respect that.

I'd rather create something 10 times better [nothing thats going to change the feeling/nostalgia we get from the series] than to get a game we've already seen released just in HD. The community has made the game in HD and given the entire Final Mix's language patches. Chain of Memories was already on the PS2 and 358/2 Days is not even a game anymore its just one big cutscene which, in my opinion, sucks. I would have loved to see 358/2 Days remade on a console to see what that game would be like on a good platform.

Even if they are putting them all on one platform, which I don't believe they are, I don't want to buy them AGAIN. It doesn't seem like they'll remake most of the 2.5 ReMIX games either. They didn't remake "Days" and instead made it a big cutscene. What I think they will do for 2.5 ReMIX is release Kingdom Hearts 2 FM in HD with the rest being big cutscenes which is not the Kingdom Hearts experience I want. That is not putting them all on one console at all.

If you guys don't want to support this to be a part of something new I will never be able to understand, but it was nice talking to you all.

I'll be making another video soon so hopefully you all take a look.

Goodbye

sdr08

I can see that some of you just don't like the idea and I respect that.

I'd rather create something 10 times better [nothing thats going to change the feeling/nostalgia we get from the series] than to get a game we've already seen released just in HD. The community has made the game in HD and given the entire Final Mix's language patches. Chain of Memories was already on the PS2 and 358/2 Days is not even a game anymore its just one big cutscene which, in my opinion, sucks. I would have loved to see 358/2 Days remade on a console to see what that game would be like on a good platform.

Even if they are putting them all on one platform, which I don't believe they are, I don't want to buy them AGAIN. It doesn't seem like they'll remake most of the 2.5 ReMIX games either. They didn't remake "Days" and instead made it a big cutscene. What I think they will do for 2.5 ReMIX is release Kingdom Hearts 2 FM in HD with the rest being big cutscenes which is not the Kingdom Hearts experience I want. That is not putting them all on one console at all.

If you guys don't want to support this to be a part of something new I will never be able to understand, but it was nice talking to you all.

I'll be making another video soon so hopefully you all take a look.

Goodbye

its not like we don't want the series to take a new direction, a majority of us would like to see something new and fresh. But not in this late of the saga, we got the climax coming out in the near future. and a reboot would piss alot of people off, even the people who ignore the portable titles and just want KH3. rebooting this series at this point, is like J.K. Rowling rebooting Harry Potter after the 6th book. after we get attached to the characters after 6 books, and you don't just throw all the Character Development away. they are starting over in the next saga hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back