• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have you seen this video?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I can see that some of you just don't like the idea and I respect that.

I'd rather create something 10 times better [nothing thats going to change the feeling/nostalgia we get from the series] than to get a game we've already seen released just in HD. The community has made the game in HD and given the entire Final Mix's language patches. Chain of Memories was already on the PS2 and 358/2 Days is not even a game anymore its just one big cutscene which, in my opinion, sucks. I would have loved to see 358/2 Days remade on a console to see what that game would be like on a good platform.

Even if they are putting them all on one platform, which I don't believe they are, I don't want to buy them AGAIN. It doesn't seem like they'll remake most of the 2.5 ReMIX games either. They didn't remake "Days" and instead made it a big cutscene. What I think they will do for 2.5 ReMIX is release Kingdom Hearts 2 FM in HD with the rest being big cutscenes which is not the Kingdom Hearts experience I want. That is not putting them all on one console at all.

If you guys don't want to support this to be a part of something new I will never be able to understand, but it was nice talking to you all.

I'll be making another video soon so hopefully you all take a look.

Goodbye

One of the primary purposes of the Re:MIX series is to get fans back up to date with the series (as well as new fans), considering the series' lifespan and number of consoles it's been on. Complete remakes don't seem to be necessary to achieve that. Furthermore, given how Square is busy with Versus and eventually KH3, HD ports seem like the more reasonable solution over developing remakes, which definitely would have taken more time and effort.

Edit: Derp, just realized you were talking about rebooting the series.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Unfortunately, Disney has really become moneyminded these days. They underpay their most famous employees, their standards for financial success are colossal, and they've been buying out it seems every child-oriented marketable franchise for sale. they're paranoid about having a tarnished image so much that they go ahead and delete "controversies" from their movies and even attempted to block an independent biography about one of their most famous animators because it was realistic. prior to PatF, they blamed scripting for 2D animation's financial failures, now it seems they wont stop blaming the medium. They claim to be a filmmaker-driven studio, but they drive away half of their best talent and the other half is either outsourced or stuck in limbo. You really wanna do something, then why dont we fix all that and KH can be either hurt or helped by it.

Dreamworks is actually the better company to work for apparently. Made Fortune Magazine's top 100 last year for the execs listening to employees and the free lunches.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
^Which is a shame because I'm sure this is not how Walt imagined it to end up being

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I think this could work, AFTER the Xehanort story-arc. Not reboot per-se, but essentially go off a clean slate from the previous games, yet still keep Sora, Donald, Goofy, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Eraqus, etc. but basically what you wanted with reviving the series with that mix of Disney, Final Fantasy, what have you in the series...

But right now, I don't think it would work as we're still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3, and Ethy's right, I think that at this point it's just useless to point out the flaws of previous games so they can be reworked entirely but since KH 1.5 has announced Days would just be a movie and it's possible that this would happen to DDD/Re:C in the next collection, you should go with the flow.

In conclusion; wait until after KH3 and maybe this idea can stand a chance WITHOUT rebooting entirely.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Which is a shame because I'm sure this is not how Walt imagined it to end up being
yeah. In fact, I dont even think he really wanted the parks to rely so heavily on the popular movies. I'm certain If I were to ride the submarine voyage, I'd love the Nemo additions(the tech is certainly impressive/amazing) but I'd also enjoy a lot of the original(could do without immobile fish).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Why in the world would anyone think its a good idea to reboot an entire series when its about to reach the finish line in the first saga. Where finally about to get kh3, and then poof, entire story is changed and different. Characters we have grown to love are gone. If that happens, im dropping the series for good

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think there are still things that he fails to understand. For one, would take years to reboot all of the games, and were finally about to get kh3. The entire fanbase would be damaged if just when we were finally about to get the game we have been hoping for: BOOM. Total reboot. I guarantee you that you would lose more fans than gain. It does not make any sense for him to try and change a long running series, when we are literally close to the finish line in the first saga. Im all for adding more disney and ff elements in the series, but it cant be done thisate in the series. If he wated to do this after the first saga, i would be far more supportive, but i feel he is just giving a big middle finger to the people who have invested so much time into the franchise. And i strongly doubt square enix is going to sell their third best franchise.

Kaji_093

*looks at map* well it says Im Here...wherever tha
Website
jazzyokami.deviantart.com
I think there are still things that he fails to understand. For one, would take years to reboot all of the games, and were finally about to get kh3. The entire fanbase would be damaged if just when we were finally about to get the game we have been hoping for: BOOM. Total reboot. I guarantee you that you would lose more fans than gain. It does not make any sense for him to try and change a long running series, when we are literally close to the finish line in the first saga. Im all for adding more disney and ff elements in the series, but it cant be done thisate in the series. If he wated to do this after the first saga, i would be far more supportive, but i feel he is just giving a big middle finger to the people who have invested so much time into the franchise. And i strongly doubt square enix is going to sell their third best franchise.

I saw this vid and replied many times to it (Jazunecrazygrrl) It seems that many people are for this. I LIKE his idea but the timing is so off. I'd like this saga finished first then start fresh as some of you do....but the more I'm replied to on there, the more I feel pushed into being for the cause. =___=

Everytime I bring up the Osaka team there's no reply, and it's as if KH ISN'T well known and DIDN'T make such an impact on people when it did (I can't speak for everyone but neither can he). I like it as it is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I know there are alot of fans who want this, but they dont represent the entire fanbase. This is not going to work, the entire fanbase will be crippled

Kaji_093

*looks at map* well it says Im Here...wherever tha
Website
jazzyokami.deviantart.com
I know there are alot of fans who want this, but they dont represent the entire fanbase. This is not going to work, the entire fanbase will be crippled
Exactly. His ideas are great but as mentioned, its not the right time. Although a couple (including) me are trying to tell him this, his mind seems set but regardless probably nothing will happen I mean, lets say his project DOES succeed...it's gonna take a heck of al lot longer to reboot kh to kh3D than for kh3 to come out. Some like the xehanort saga the way it is anyway, we are too close to the end for changes.

But I just might stop replying on youtube since it's going nowhere.

Janyx XVII

Does this person have a point about Kindom Hearts future?

Hello,

I am taking the time to write because I absolutely love Kingdom Hearts and this website. I'm not sure if you have seen this or not but there is a YouTube channel that I believe you should watch. I'm not promoting myself or the channel but he makes such valid points that I believe he should be shared with all Kingdom Hearts fans and in doing so may get better results for an already fantastic franchise. Please take the time to watch "How To Bring The Old Disney Back In A New Way" by The KHRP at this link below. It is a 30 min video but I promise it is completely worth the watch and a true fan should take the time to listen to it. Please.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (and hopefully watch the video)

Your fellow Kingdom Hearts Fan,

Janyx

Here is the link:
How To Bring The Old Disney Back In A New Way - YouTube

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Does this person have a point about Kindom Hearts future?

Yeah, soraalam1 shared it with us after he discovered it. TheKHRP actually has an account here as well! You might be interested in checking out his thread in Creative Media?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Ech.

I don't like this guy's idea at all. A complete reboot? No thanks, the games are fine as they are. Multiplayer? I'm not even gonna use that! (Though, to be honest, I have fantasized about a Kingdom Hearts fighter.)

It kind of feels like he thinks Kingdom Hearts is about the Disney aspect. But it's not. It's about the original characters, and personally, I want it to stay that way. There's a reason the Disney characters and plots aren't quite as fleshed out as their film counterparts. And I don't know which Kingdom Hearts this guy's been playing--the story seems plenty connected/thought out to me.

And with the HD collection(s), the Final Mix and every-platform-ever disconnects are being rectified.

Maybe what you want out of KH can happen in the next saga. But completely redoing the Dark Seeker saga sounds like the worst idea to me.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I watched that video recently and he make some good points but that's it. It would be a huge waste to remake the games now and I don't at all agree with everything he say.
also, he complained about the games after KH II reverting back to using the old KH I camera system. what else where they gonna do? invent a whole new console? they had other options as well but the handhelds only have one dual stick and if you have the 3DS extra circle pad you can use that to control the camera (correct me if I'm wrong and maybe someone have already stated this, I only looked at some of the first posts)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Actually yes. Since it was kind of originally built that way, the series needs Disney characters and backdrops to share in the glory.

Disney corporate on the other hand can suck it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Actually yes. Since it was kind of originally built that way, the series needs Disney characters and backdrops to share in the glory.

Disney corporate on the other hand can suck it.

That's actually what i was referring to, the company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back