• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► HALP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
I've tackled this problem a couple of times, and I know everyone has extremely vague threads like this where they probably can't get ANY help from people on the internet, but I might as well. >:

Basically, I met some girl this year that I like. She is in two of my classes, and over the last few months we have started talking a lot. And, being an extremely pessimistic person, I constantly doubted she could like me. But lately, she has been a bit nicer to be. As in, she has been flirting a little bit, saying "hi" to me, you know. So I actually have a small speck of what I guess is "confidence" now.

Now, I am always concerned about making things awkward, and embarassing myself, way too much.

I considered asking for her phone number, but there is no way I could do that without sounding like an idiot. I kind of want to hint that I like her without sounding overbearing, parse? ._.

She came from another middle school last year, so I barely know any of her friends. Most of the conversations we have are brief/awkward, so I suppose it could help to talk to her more, and a good way of doing that would be on AIM, I guess. I don't care if you disagree, but something little like that could open up a new door towards getting to know her better.

So, I have no idea how to ask her for her screenname/phone number/other means of communication without making it weird, or freaky, so, uh,

@_@

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Well you guys are the in the same classes right? Talk about how much you like and or dislike about the class, the stuff you get from there, and or whatever you want to make of it/think of it. Alsowell just talk about what you both like and have in common. That's something you for conversation. As for asking her for her IM/phone#, well keep taking the time to get to know her and maybe when you ask her, she'll feel comfortable enough to give you it (if she has one, not saying that she does or not but this is just in case) and if you don't want to wait, well..that's a problem but just be casual in trying to ask her and also at the same time convince her about the homework you might of missed and all that (if you were absent for reasons beside being sick) and that maybe you wondering if you can call her...or something like that would somewhat work. Also before you do ask her, does she show signs liking you? Does she stare at you and smile at you? Or anything like that? And when you guys talk is she nice and all...like maybe she treats you different from other guys, let's just say....if she does, I'm pretty sure, she'll be willing to give you her number. Otherwise, good luck!

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
I know exactly where you stand, and how you feel, because I'm in the same exact situation right now.

I guess you could probably drop a few hints that you'd like to get to know her better. Flirt with her as much as she flirts with you. Another thing to try, though I'm not sure it might work, is to ask if she has a phone. When she says yeah, ask to see it, and save your phone number to her address book, or discreetly call your phone with hers.

Another thing to do is to find her verbing, and talking to her about it. For example, you see her texting -> ask her about texting. See her running -> talk to her about running. Simple things, even. Just to get to know her better.

If nothing else, you could dive directly into it and tell her that you're interested in her. However, that would take mountains of confidence. If you do tell her, though, make sure you let her know that you'd like to stay friends.

Hope this helps. Go get 'em, tiger. ;D

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Just be like, "Hey you have a cellphone right? What's your number? I'll add you to my list and you can add me."

Or just be like, "Hey, can I add you to msn? Here's my e-mail," and then write it down and give it to her. It's not hard at all.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Just be like, "Hey you have a cellphone right? What's your number? I'll add you to my list and you can add me."

Or just be like, "Hey, can I add you to msn? Here's my e-mail," and then write it down and give it to her. It's not hard at all.

My problem with it being this simplistic is that, I have had girls that like me approach me this year, and they were, for the most part, weird. And I have heard the things they say that just make me go ":S" and get the obvious hint they like me, or are trying to hard. I guess I am a bit OVERLY concerned, but still, I am not good with being vague or mysterious. At all.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
Basically, I met some girl this year that I like. She is in two of my classes, and over the last few months we have started talking a lot. And, being an extremely pessimistic person, I constantly doubted she could like me. But lately, she has been a bit nicer to be. As in, she has been flirting a little bit, saying "hi" to me, you know. So I actually have a small speck of what I guess is "confidence" now.

so you've been talking to her for a couple of months right?
how awkward can it be?
just be like "uh hey, do you think maybe i could give you a call sometime? or you can call me, whatever"
or something like that .
she'd have no reason to think you're weird or an idiot or anything, just for asking her number .

and besides, this may show her that maybe you're interested in her and she might like that .

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
Ask her for her phone number/screen name in case you need help with 'homework'. ;O

That should work. And try talking to her more. Share interests, etc.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
You've got two classes with her, pretend like you don't understand something in the class and ask if she would like to study with you. Get whatever contact information and work your way from there. Bam!

Hahahhaa......I like the bam part and yeah, did you try asking her yet? Besides, if you want to mysterious, well just don't act too you know, mysterious if you know what I mean. That might crepe her out unless she likes mysterious guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back