• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest Band Ever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
In my opinion. Queen is the greatest band of all time. Because well. They were able to reinvent themselves over and over. And Bohemian Rhapsody is such a well written song.

QUEEN FTW IMO

Cheeaaa'
But Flight of the Conchords would be my second. Even though they are an improper band(2manband!)

Edit: David Bowie, you can thank him for your petty Punk Rock music.

Last edited:

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
Greatest Bands of Today:
Coldplay
Daft Punk
^even thought they're kind of from early 90s.They've made some recent stuff.
U2(again same deal as above.)
IDK who else. there's not many today.I don't really like the music of today.
Greatest Bands of Yesterday:
THE BEATLES.
THE ROLLING STONES.
QUEEN.
LED ZEPPLIN.
ELVIS of course. lmao even though he's not a band...but still he was smart in his day.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Flight of the Conchords doesn't even have an album yet ._.

A Rush of Blood to the Head was their only good album. Their debut was underplayed, and X&Y was simply trying too hard. They're good, but I wouldn't say best band ever.

Daft Punk

Probably the best dance band ever. Again, I'm not so sure about best, since Discovery was pretty meh. Homework is still one of my favorite albums of all time, though.

U2(again same deal as above.)

U2's been around since the 70s, actually. And yes, based off commercial success, reinvention, influence, and sheer prowess, I'd have to say that Bono and his mates are one of the bands at the peak of the world.

~Dorian Gray

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
But...but... I wept myself to sleep after listening to Smells Like Teen Spirits.

Smells like Teen Spirit was the song of the nineties. It defined a genre for almost ten years. Anyone pretentious enough to claim that it's bad is clearly hiding something.

That being said, I do prefer Rape Me and Lithium.

~Dorian Gray

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Dorian Grey said:
I do prefer Rape Me and Lithium.

thread effin over. Those two, and (imo)Come As You Are are Nirvana's best songs.

Mmm... I actually like The Beach Boys a lot. They influenced a lot of today's greatest bands, and they had some extremely good songs. But, y'know, that's just me.

I like The Postal Service, too. The lyrics are really great, and they have an impressive, innovative sound. If I'm the only one who thinks TPS should have a spot in history, I'll shut up, but I think they're one of the best.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
In all honesty, depending on what genre you like, anyone can claim a band they like is the best. Others may disagree, but if a band has great music (As in, not, "lololol one note on base one chord on guitar boyband vocalz"), an influential style, or great lyrics that reach out to people, who is to stop someone from claiming they are the best?

Then again, some bands are just horrible.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Muse is trash, they're trying to make a career by sounding like bands from the 90s(mostly radiohead, funny how that works out)
I strongly disagree. Muse have crafted themselves into a fully unique and exhilarating band with awe-inspiring music. In my opinion, they sound nothing like Radiohead and they come nothing close to trash. It's obvious that you know nothing about the band. Go listen to their latest album. >_>

I agree with most of the other posters who have said that bands such as the Beatles and Queen are among the greatest, influential-wise. But I, myself, am in love with Muse.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Atreyu, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Guns N' Roses, Saliva, Velvet Revolver, Disturbed....

'nuff said

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Smells like Teen Spirit was the song of the nineties.
We're deciding on the basis of longevity?
It defined a genre
:O That means the entire genre is crap! It probably just me, but I tend to associate Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and the ilk to Linkin Park. :)
for almost ten years.
Buddy Holly and the Crickets.
In all honesty, depending on what genre you like
I think we all knew this was pretty much an opinion thread coming in.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Opinions are opinions are opinions are opinions.

If you want to go purely on commercial success, it's The Beatles. =\

If you want my own personal opinion, I'm going with the commerciall success direction. I'd say the Beatles. No, they aren't my favorite band, but I do believe them to be the greatest band ever.

As for Muse, I'm not saying anything. Ray can have his opinions, and I'll have mine. Beauty is, after all, in the eyes of the beholder.

Subtly Inspiring
I strongly disagree. Muse have crafted themselves into a fully unique and exhilarating band with awe-inspiring music. In my opinion, they sound nothing like Radiohead and they come nothing close to trash. It's obvious that you know nothing about the band. Go listen to their latest album. >_>

I agree with most of the other posters who have said that bands such as the Beatles and Queen are among the greatest, influential-wise. But I, myself, am in love with Muse.

Don't make assumptions. Just because I don't I don't like a band doesn't mean I don't listen to them, because I find ignorance to be an ugly trait. Next time you attempt to defend a band, use some tact.

lolmuse

THB

But have you even bothered with stuff like Origin of Symmetry, Absolution, and Showbiz? And I have heard them live. One of the few bands that actually sound better than the album when playing live.

Blue

home is where the heart is
L'Arc en Ciel or Kat-Tun.

But no one knows them anyway =/

redprint

^I know L'Arc-en-Ciel.
They did made some brilliant songs which I adore much.

About the greatest band ever... my interest is too easily distracted until I can't really love or hate something.
For now I'd say The Beatles, LP and Evanessence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back