• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest Band Ever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
I was having this argument with my sister the other day. She kept insisting that System Of A Down was the greatest band ever, and I laughed in her face and said that Radiohead was far and away the best band ever, with Jane's Addiction and The Cure coming in at close second and third.

So, KHI, it is with this is mind that I ask this question:

Who, in your opinion, is the greatest band EVER?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Personally, I'm in love with Radiohead. I'm convinced the gang can do no wrong, they're by and far my favorite band ever. But the greatest of all time? Depends on how you interpret it.

In terms of influence, probably either The Pixies or the Beatles. The Sex Pistols worked magic, gaining a whole legion of dedicated fans with only one album, and Santana's had a beautiful (if mostly overlooked) 40 or so year career, something hard to ignore. The Specials brought Ska back to life, AC/DC introduced sex rock, the Ramones proved that America was at least equal to the UK in musical prowess, and Iggy Pop invented punk.

There're just so many different things that could be used to distinguish the best band in the world, it's totally impossible for any single person to say who it really is.

~Dorian Gray

Pixie

Personally, I'm in love with Radiohead. I'm convinced the gang can do no wrong, they're by and far my favorite band ever. But the greatest of all time? Depends on how you interpret it.
I second that. I'd like to add Tool. Their music is so addictive.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Well, in my opinion... it's a tie between Three Days Grace and Disturbed.

mesmerized

She kept insisting that System Of A Down was the greatest band ever....

heh... that made me chuckle.

I don't think that there is just one "GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME" there are greatest bands. I would never ever be able to pick.. Metallica... Disturbed...Breaking Benjamin...Atreyu.... [i like metal ok?]
So yeahhh.. lol

THB

In my opinion. Queen is the greatest band of all time. Because well. They were able to reinvent themselves over and over. And Bohemian Rhapsody is such a well written song.

QUEEN FTW IMO

[√]Genuflect
Queen, Muse, Beatles, Radiohead...etc..
IDK, i really consider oldies as greatest bands..

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I love Iced Earth and Children of Bodom but I have to say that one of the best bands of all time in my eyes would be a. The Rolling Stones and b. Alice in Chains.

Subtly Inspiring
Beatles, Queen, or Electric Light Orchestra. Nothing else qualifies.

/thread.

Also, to whoever has mentioned any recent band needs to be shot in the foot. Bands today care too much about labels to make good music. Radiohead is good, but hardly the best. Muse is trash, they're trying to make a career by sounding like bands from the 90s(mostly radiohead, funny how that works out)

In terms of influence, there have been several "greatest bands." Dorian listed several, The Sex Pistols more or less created punk, Queen dominated rock for a good 20 years and are still one of the most popular rock bands of all time, even after Mercury's death. The Beatles led the british invasion, being one of the biggest cultural revolutions. Most people forget about some of the heavier bands, like Testament, who were as influential to thrash as AC/DC was to hard rock. Then there's the oldies who are more or less forgotten today, such as The Animals, Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, Eddie Cochran who pioneered rock n' roll.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
The Animals

No one ever forgets The Animals. Everyone's heard House of the Rising Sun at least once.

But again, it all depends on how you would identify the greatest band ever. IMO, Radiohead's sound blows the shit out of most things played in the last thirty years, but again, I can't possibly say they're the greatest band ever. You can't really say it for any band. No one could ever possibly fit all the criteria to outplay every other band in the world.

Bleh, Queen. I never liked their sound much. At least, not on stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody. I've always prefered I'm in Love with my Car, honestly.

~Dorian Gray

Subtly Inspiring
But how many could identify House of the Rising Sun to The Animals?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Mmm, good point.

Although really, The Animals weren't the original authors of the song. They just played the most well known cover.

~Dorian Gray

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards

I suppose I should print this out and mount it on my bathroom wall, just in case I need something to make me shit myself laughing.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Probably around the whole world, The Beatles, Queen, and Led Zeppelin are high up there.

In my opinion, I'd have to say either Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters. Considering how much RHCP has improved from the early 80's to now, and since they lost their original durmmer. Both bands have had tragedies (Foo Fighters its questionable, as it started after Grohl and the rest of Nirvana broke up following Colbain's death)

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
lol Foo Fighters

I still don't understand how someone could possibly state that Foo Fighters is the 'best band ever' and totally ignore Nirvana. It just makes no sense to me. Especially since Foo Fighters is inferior to Nirvana in every way imaginable.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

~Dorian Gray

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
In my opinion, I'd have to say either Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters.

I'd choose RHCP over Foo Fighters normally, but if ur talkin about their most recent songs, Foo Fighters would be better in my opinion. I don't like RHCP's recent songs.

I prefer Three Days Grace.

Also, to whoever has mentioned any recent band needs to be shot in the foot. Bands today care too much about labels to make good music.

*shoots self in foot*

I don't think that there is just one "GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME" there are greatest bands. I would never ever be able to pick.. Metallica... Disturbed...Breaking Benjamin...Atreyu....

I agree. I can never pick!!!!!! But I do like BB and Atreyu (can't wait 2 c em in March).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back