• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Good News: Devil May Cry Movie will be made by Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I dont see how Sony making it would be good news in the first place. They make loads of crappy movies and adaptations.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I love the RE movies so I think this will be awsome. just as long as they don't use the new Dante design

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Devil May Cry is one of my favorite series and a film adaptation is making me somewhat queasy. I can't speak for the Resident Evil series as I have never played the games nor have I seen the movies but movie-to-game transitions are usually terrible.

Here's hoping Sony doesn't fu
spacer.gif
ck this up.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I love the RE movies so I think this will be awsome. just as long as they don't use the new Dante design
Not to stray away here but.. what? I saw the newest Resident Evil movie recently and it was terrible. If the same people are making it I'm pretty doubtful.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
How is it good news? Didn't Sony make the sucky RE movie series?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Hopefully the director realizes that the plot for DMC is pretty shitty to begin with, especially in movie form, and the only way to make this work is over-the-top well choreographed action (ala the Matrix/Equilibrium or anything Zack Snyder) and keeping the characters' portrayal true to the source. Even then it won't be good, but as long as it's not total shit, then video game movies are heading in the right direction.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
The fact that I didn't know Sony made movies isn't really comforting.
You did. Sony Pictures owns Columbia TriStar and they're the studio behind the Spider-Man movies. But that's not a measure of their quality as a studio. All of them from Warner Bros. to Paramount have equal amounts shit and gold.

The real indicator here is the production company behind the movie - Screen Gems. Here's a list of movies they've made: Screen Gems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only good movie I see on that list is Easy A. Take what you will.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Not to stray away here but.. what? I saw the newest Resident Evil movie recently and it was terrible. If the same people are making it I'm pretty doubtful.

well, afterlife wasn't all that great, it felt more like matrix but it was okey. The other movies are some of my favorites (Especially the first and third movie)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Name me one good film adaptation of a video game

Devil may cry hardly makes for compelling narrative. The series lives and dies entirely by it's gameplay and a ridiculousness that only works because the gameplay is equally ovet-the-top.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOU DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHTT

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
>_> Why am I not hopeful over this movie? And why do I think if they have a guy in a white haired wig, they would look bad in it no matter how hot the actor is? And where will they find twins? Or will they forget Virgil or do some mirror screen stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back