• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gangsta Rap vs. Rock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
hahaha riku stop talking...and i didnt call you gay stupid i called you a bundle of sticks look it up. and i dont want to fight you your not worth it and you seem like you'd be a cheap fighter anyway so why dont you go watch your little ghost shell or something. and stop acting superior to me you incompident fool rap is overrated and and boring to listen to. there you happy sheesh you guys always spoil the fun.

*sighs* Why Is it no one can start a thread without there being flaming.One winged shut up and keep It to yourself. Master Sephiroth your cool and all but dude your not helping out the situation at all.I'd appreciate If you can speculate and state your oppinions without flaming..

BHK (Unknown)

Blonde Haired Knight
Sitting in my fort of ineptitude... In other words
*ahem* now you've just peaked my intrest into destroying you ,nobody ever tells me to watch what I say out of opinion.And coming out of that the laughing man is right there is no racial hatred in rap.

Hey hey hey. I'm sensing alot of hostility here dudes (and dudettes). Let's all just calm down..........

Ok.

Now I don't prefer rap. But some of it's tolerable. I just don't view it as "music" so much, but as an art form all it's own. It's kind of a mix of poetry and a beat in the backround. Get it?

Now Rock is "Music". It uses instruments and has singers. Generally anything classified uses some kind of an instrument, be it Saxophone or Guitar.

Now for that quote. Riku, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but some rap artists do convey their racial hatred through their art form. Some of their "songs" also convey a message of sex, drugs, Violence are all ok. This is only in certain "songs" that have been written. Not all, but some.

My last statement. Could we please hold down the language and tension please? I barely wanted to post here because of it.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Well look at big old riku578 making threats oover the internet hahahahahahahaha.
Actually Laughing man you said all thos things, I QUOTED YOU SMART ONE. Also i recal anyone can call anyone a newb, a sort of right of passage, so you can't tell the kid he cannot call you a noob. Finnally i have been listening well child, better then you whom can't see to recall what he said in previous post. & i will not keep my nose out of youre buisness plainly because you want me to NEWB.

Anyway i will drop it if i am not opposed again in this thread, which i acctually hope for.
Also i like some rap but that is just overwhelmed by how many rock band i like so i choose rock. (((<<<<to stay on topicc a bit)))

i will try fuzzy2k9, beleive me i will try. It's just that somtimes i get tired & post, not a good combo.

Last edited:
O

OneWingdAngl182

hey man i stoped thats not cool trashing me i only started because i was insulted directly and i believe in defending myself and stop being so uptight jeeze

riku578

Well look at big old riku578 making threats oover the internet hahahahahahahaha.
Actually Laughing man you said all thos things, I QUOTED YOU SMART ONE. Also i recal anyone can call anyone a newb, a sort of right of passage, so you can't tell the kid he cannot call you a noob. Finnally i have been listening well child, better then you whom can't see to recall what he said in previous post. & i will not keep my nose out of youre buisness plainly because you want me to NEWB.

Anyway i will drop it if i am not opposed again in this thread, which i acctually hope for.
Also i like some rap but that is just overwhelmed by how many rock band i like so i choose rock. (((<<<<to stay on topicc a bit)))

i will try fuzzy2k9, beleive me i will try. It's just that somtimes i get tired & post, not a good combo.
okay I find that rap to bet atleast for me as it took me a long,long...long,long,long time to start appreciating only just alittlebit of rock oh and also nobody was threatening anybody its just somone wont shut there trap(not gonna name any names)and stop acting like a four year old

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
okay I find that rap to bet atleast for me as it took me a long,long...long,long,long time to start appreciating only just alittlebit of rock oh and also nobody was threatening anybody its just somone wont shut there trap(not gonna name any names)and stop acting like a four year old

Please don't quote me ever again because as of now i am no longer posting here. Also you should start listening to more rock it's quite good if i do say so myself, but if you don't like it i do understand it's an aquired taste. Anyway have a nice day everyone.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
One Winged, I deleted 3 of your posts. One-liners about how you're oh-so better than them are against the rules.

Anyway, I've noticed some people saying doing rap is harder than doing rock. Even if it was true...

So what? Sailing the world with a paper ship is harder than sailing it with a metal ship, but that doesn't mean it's better. Face it, most people in rap don't sing, they talk. If I wanted to hear people talk, I'd stay awake in my classroom..

E

Eclipse

Yes, I do hate some rap songs and some songs are bad for kids(which honestly doesn't matter...) but compared to rock, rap pwns. Rock is pointless head banging and screaming(some types) when rap is more real, it tries to connect with the listener.

.___.

oh yes, as in the majority of rap really tries to connect with the daily sex life in a downtown megaclub.

Most rock isn't head-banging >.> unless you're talking about that screamo/heavy metal stuff. And if you listened to the lyrics, maybe you'd realize even they are trying to connect.

Anybody can rap, it takes no musical talent whatsoever. You don't need to know how to sing or play an instrument, just know how to talk fast and on beat.

Rock artists can at least sing and play an instrument >.>

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
i admit some rap is slightly ok, but rock is the way to go, im mean com on can most ppl even understand wat rappers r sayin? nd the only thing they sing bout is havin sex w/ chubby huge a$$ed black women, shootin ppl, or they sing bout how much of a bad a$$ they r

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You know what when you say Rock is nothing, but Head Banging blah blah crap. Then you listen to mainstream rock then same goes for rap if you think its about sex, drugs, etc. You listen to mainstream rap I mean both have more to offer, but neither one of you guys wants to listen to the deeper more meaningful songs of both genres of music.

I like both they are good, but as of now most rock, and rap suck. Rap was at its prime in the late 80's, and through the 90's. I don't know when Rock was at its prime cause I don't listen to much of rock to know enough.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Gansta rap > most rock, most rock > most rap. rap can = rock and vice versa.

really if you want a fair fight you put one artist against another artist, because judging genres is unfair.
I like both they are good, but as of now most rock, and rap suck. Rap was at its prime in the late 80's, and through the 90's. I don't know when Rock was at its prime cause I don't listen to much of rock to know enough.

rock was in it's prime from late 60's to early 80's.

king-DAVID

.___.
Most rock isn't head-banging >.> unless you're talking about that screamo/heavy metal stuff. And if you listened to the lyrics, maybe you'd realize even they are trying to connect.

You realize that you just proved my point there. See how easily people say all rock is headbanging, even though they have only been exposed to a certain type of rock. It's the same with rap, just because they hear Lil Jon or 50 Cent they think all rap is sex this, drugs that. I'm pretty sure people consider others who say rock is all headbanging, ignorant people. Same goes for anyone who says all rap is ignorant and pointless. To me you are ignorant, because you don't even know half of what you are talking about. What a shame though, I'd respect an educated opinion even if it stated that rap was bad.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Lets see.

Rap: Lyrically, most rap today is extremely ignorant. By this I mean Sex, booty shaking, more sex,club hopping, grills, whores,drugs, shooting this guy, representing your "hood", money, rims on your car, and did I say sex? Most artisit today NOT all are like this. But listening to the same pointless nonsense over and over again gets boring and quite repetitive. I dare you. Listen to any hip hop station on your radio for about 10 minutes. Atleast 2-3 songs should come on during this time. Unless it is R&B, (sticking to the gangta rap genre), none of the songs should be remotely distant. More than likely, you are going to here the same thing over and over again, just from a different artists.

Rock: Lyrically, most Rock has a deep meaning to it (takes a good listen or two to understand what it means), or makes no sense at all, but manages to sound good. There is a great deal of variety in Rock music. It isn't about the same thing constantly. I am not saying rock doesn't have some things in common with rap, "such as sex and money" but there isn't NEARLY as much. I like to listen to rap every now and then, when its actually original and doesn't spout profanity every 5 seconds.

Rock for the win.

Last edited:
E

Eclipse

You know what when you say Rock is nothing, but Head Banging blah blah crap. Then you listen to mainstream rock then same goes for rap if you think its about sex, drugs, etc. You listen to mainstream rap I mean both have more to offer, but neither one of you guys wants to listen to the deeper more meaningful songs of both genres of music.
To me you are ignorant, because you don't even know half of what you are talking about. What a shame though, I'd respect an educated opinion even if it stated that rap was bad.

lmao. you make me laugh. Half of my iPod is filled with rap.

I like rap, and rock. Some of it's bad, some of it's good. I especially like Fort Minor. At least they don't rap about sex and sht like that

so don't hate, appreciate. And listen before judgin me =D

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Theres alot of rock that has sex and drugs in it to. Just because it's not as heavy as mainstream rap doesn't make it any different.

Swag

Young King
okay I just have one thing to say, I think it's wrong to bash a whole type of music. if your gonna bash (and I know you will) the bash the artist not the the whole type of music, dont hate the game hate the player (I know that was backwards). and one more thing, Yes most rap is sex,drugs,money,etc. but most rock is either A)headbanger, B) friggin emo take my life i'm so sad, no one loves me crap or C) makes absolutly no sense at all. now I'm not saying either is better because I listen to both (I have an i pod nano and 500 songs are rap/r&b 500 songs are rock) but I'm just saying that each has their good points and their bad ones so dont focus on the bad just because thats what you hear on the radio or whatever.

king-DAVID

lmao. you make me laugh. Half of my iPod is filled with rap.

I like rap, and rock. Some of it's bad, some of it's good. I especially like Fort Minor. At least they don't rap about sex and sht like that

so don't hate, appreciate. And listen before judgin me =D

First off, let me point out the fact that I wasn't "hating". Secondly, if your iPod was really full of that many rap songs then I seriously doubt you would be making comments like, "oh yes, as in the majority of rap really tries to connect with the daily sex life in a downtown megaclub". This is because the majority of rap doesn't talk about sex and drugs, only the mainstream does. And that is a minority, compared to the other genres of rap. Lastly I have to say that if you make an ignorant comment, don't get mad at me for thinking you ignorant. After all, I judge by what I see and hear. :)

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm not a big rap fan, I'm more all around hip-hop. Not all hip-hop is rap after all. Some rap is tight, but for the most part, all they do is talk about drugs, sex, and money, and it can get annoying. Not all rap is like that, though. Jesus Walks by Kanye West is a very good example. Look it up if you believe all rappers are gangbangers.

On the other hand, I can't stand rock. It sounds like a bunch of noise to me. The only rock songs that have ever appealed to me are Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy, Sugar, We're Goin Down by Fall Out Boy, Numb by Linkin Park, and In The End by Linkin Park.

That's all IMO, so no flamin.

BHK (Unknown)

Blonde Haired Knight
Sitting in my fort of ineptitude... In other words
okay I just have one thing to say, I think it's wrong to bash a whole type of music. if your gonna bash (and I know you will) the bash the artist not the the whole type of music, dont hate the game hate the player (I know that was backwards). and one more thing, Yes most rap is sex,drugs,money,etc. but most rock is either A)headbanger, B) friggin emo take my life i'm so sad, no one loves me crap or C) makes absolutly no sense at all. now I'm not saying either is better because I listen to both (I have an i pod nano and 500 songs are rap/r&b 500 songs are rock) but I'm just saying that each has their good points and their bad ones so dont focus on the bad just because thats what you hear on the radio or whatever.

Ok no. Go look at bands like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, AC/DC, Huey Lewis, etc. Now that was rock. The stuff that you just named ia an abomination to its name. Rock, Classic rock, only existed in full force from the early 60's to the late 80's. Now it is a mere shadow of what it once was with only The Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, Jethro Tull, Huey Lewis, and a few other bands I can't name off the top of my head are still playing/writing it.

PS. This was just for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back