• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gangsta Rap vs. Rock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku578

Ah the age old battle.

Rock.
End.Of.Story.

I dislike rap. To me it is simply pointless ramble. >>;
And since I am a big, big, big grammar enforcer....Rap has almost every grammatical error known to man. - Another reason I dislike it greatly.
x.X

So yes. Rock wins in my opinion.
<33

-thinks she has seen another of these somewhere- >>;
Ok chances are that you have been listoning too southern rap(i will admit they do have bad grammer),but who even cares about that except you and probably a couple more. Unlike rock rap represents how REAL life is and how hard people have too hustle too make it in life so there:p

Armony

Website
www.myspace.com
Ok chances are that you have been listoning too southern rap(i will admit they do have bad grammer),but who even cares about that except you and probably a couple more. Unlike rock rap represents how REAL life is and how hard people have too hustle too make it in life so there:p

To me it all has rather bad grammar.
I will say that some rock has bad grammar but it doesn't take it to an extremely high rate.
And yes I do care. Music is a key part of my daily life. So to me I think there should be good grammar; not letting all those English lessons go to waste =]

Rap to me all it does is talk of sex, drugs, jail, etc - along those lines.
Just not my taste.

Everyone has their own opinion; there is no right or wrong one.

Some like rap, some like rock.
We could ramble on all day about what one has and the other lacks.
Still would all be opinion =]P

testify

Fighter of the Nightman
Awards
*ahem* I just posted i dont liston to rock or if I was not clear on that now you know.:toungesmile:

actually you werent clear on that so...whatever...

What the hell kind of poll is this? You put the worst of the worst from rap and rock as a whole. I don't even like rock that much, but it's probably better than the overused gangsta theme.

Since when did rap include yelling?

Show me a rock artist that can brainstorm lyrics, make it rhyme and flow off the the top of their head.

I saw a few performances that do show them yelling, I admit its not always like that....but still annoying....

well first off, every rock artist and band always brainstorms there own lyrics, I dont know what the hell your taking about...they have to make the vocals go with the music....they have to have good timing with the vocals, drums, bass, guitar, and whatever else they use....

rap just has the lyrics, and thats basically it....the rest is just some repeating beep or whatever...

rock takes the most talent...

rap, can *I admit* sometimes have good lyrics, but the way they put it together is annoying.......

Led Zeppelin is a good summary of why rock is better...spare me the 'never giving rap a chance' talk...

god, this is going no where...rock > rap...end of story, GOD...Im outta here...

EDIT: man all this does is bring flaming....I guess it is all opinion, well thats mine...dont care what you say about it cuz now Im gone for real!

Last edited:

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai
I hate rock. I'd much preffer rap. I'm honestly not suprised everybody hates rap. Most anime fans arent the kind of people that can appreciate it. Yes, I do hate some rap songs and some songs are bad for kids(which honestly doesn't matter...) but compared to rock, rap pwns. Rock is pointless head banging and screaming(some types) when rap is more real, it tries to connect with the listener. I'm tired of hearing people say rap degrades women and is all about "bling bling". That's obviously from someone that hasn't gave rap the time of day.

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I hate it when all these people say rap sucks when all they have heard are like 50 Cent and all these crap rappers. Rap can be just as meaningful as Rock. I like them both equally and with a passion. And all those people who say rap is for black people and rock is for white people are just lablers and I hate lablers. Either way black people invented rock and rap.

Rock <3 Rap<3 Pwnage

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yes, I do hate some rap songs and some songs are bad for kids(which honestly doesn't matter...) but compared to rock, rap pwns. Rock is pointless head banging and screaming(some types) when rap is more real, it tries to connect with the listener.

Most listeners don't debate whether to pull over or run away from the police in real life. Most pull over.

Also, are you talking about rock or heavy metal rock? Because most rock doesn't have headbanging.

I'm honestly not suprised everybody hates rap. Most anime fans arent the kind of people that can appreciate it.

Enlighten me, what hidden gem we mortals haven't seen is there to appreciate about rap?

O

OneWingdAngl182

this is sad it's no commparison rock destryos rap, rap takes no talent to do all you need to do is rhyme and make beats i can do that come on.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
this is sad it's no commparison rock destryos rap, rap takes no talent to do all you need to do is rhyme and make beats i can do that come on.

WHOAAA LMAO Try taking words from your head in less then a second and make it go perfectly with a beat. Your retarded.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

That is a very biased and untrue response. Rappers have just as much talent as any Rockstar. Even though I prefer rap. I could honestly say that there are some bad rappers, and there is some very good rappers. The same could be said about Rockstars.

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai
What's sadder is the fact that you believe that rap takes no talent. If you look at rap and rock, rap is way harder, I'd like to see you make a good rap, that actually awes people. I know rappers and I can tell you, it's not easy. And don't say Emenem is the best rapper out there, coz alot of people say that and that's crap. Emenem isn't even in the top ten.

king-DAVID

Gangsta rap is by far some of the worst crap around. And this coming from a die-hard hip hop fan. I love both rock and rap, just not gangsta rap. This poll might as well have been "Crap vs. Rock". As a previous poster stated, Jurassic 5 > Paul Wall. And for all the people that say rappers don't write songs and play their own instruments, I suggest checking out "The Roots". A hip hop band that plays instruments and raps, way better than any mainstrem rapper I might add. To truly bash hip hop, you have to be exposed to all the faces of it. Simply hearing "Fiddy Cent" does not make it alright to bash the whole genre. 50 is not representative of the whole culture, he just a very bad player in the game.

O

OneWingdAngl182

i am not biased i listen to plenty of biggie and gangsta rap but theres so much i can take cause it all sounds the same at least there are different types of rock. and dont be serious that rappers have more talent than musicians they dont read music and they dont play instruments. and saying words off the top of you head isnt a talent its having to much time on your hands. i play instruments and its a hell of a lot harder than talking ryhmes to a beat. i have a hell of a lot more respect for musicians who rap such as, g love and special sauce, and the roots.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Well I wouldn't say Eminem isn't in the top 10. Maybe number 10. Maybe not anymore because he's gotten old, but he really can freestyle. My friends always rapped and stuff and I really sucked so I taught myself to rap by writing poetry and trust me it is HARD as hell to learn to rap. It takes a long time to get words from your head like that. It took me about 2 years just to get good at all. Try rapping and record it OneWingd, I bet everyone will laugh at you.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Well rap really dosen't even deserve to be called music so i say rock, which is acctually music, wins.

Last edited:

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Gangsta rap is by far some of the worst crap around. And this coming from a die-hard hip hop fan. I love both rock and rap, just not gangsta rap. This poll might as well have been "Crap vs. Rock". As a previous poster stated, Jurassic 5 > Paul Wall. And for all the people that say rappers don't write songs and play their own instruments, I suggest checking out "The Roots". A hip hop band that plays instruments and raps, way better than any mainstrem rapper I might add. To truly bash hip hop, you have to be exposed to all the faces of it. Simply hearing "Fiddy Cent" does not make it alright to bash the whole genre. 50 is not representative of the whole culture, he just a very bad player in the game.
Probably the best post in this entire thread.

Just to let you anti-rap people know, a lot of rap is garbage. I can tell you that right now, coming from someone who loves rap. But the few good rappers out there are really creative and talented. It's just that the ratio of bad rappers to good rappers is probably 100:1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back