• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GameTrailer's Top 10 Crossovers: Kingdom Hearts Makes #2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Last edited:

khbirthbysleep

w00t!!!!!!! Number 2, only number one would be bettet. Im so happy, bit I dint know what a crossover is. Is it because Disney and Final Fantasy crossover into the game? Never mind, I think I got it. :biggrin:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Always good to see KH regared highly on a top whaterver list. When the game first came out it was a crossover my 11-year-old mind didn't readily comprehend, but 10 years later it's probably my favorite crossover game and overall favorite game series.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Most games on the list were fighter games so it's nice to see KH getting the second spot and the recognition it deserves as a crossover series.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, since the most crossover-games are fighters I am not so surprised the list is full of them.

The KH series taking 2nd place is a very nice sight though. :D

I also lol'ed somewhat at Dissidia since it is not a 100%-crossover game as all characters in there come from the same game series.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
How am I not surprised at #1?

I feel like halfway through the list they just used filler until they got to Smash Bros.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't see how SNK vs. Capcom isn't under the "vs. Capcom" section, but whatever, I and agree with that list for the most part. I'm not shocked Super Smash wasn't higher than KH considering its popularity, but I agree that KH deserved to be higher :)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I kind of disregard lists like this because now it just seems they've pull stuff out their a**. Not saying it deserves it's rating, but in an area that's only dominated by fighter games.

Seems like a list that was made when someone got bored.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Right? I thought "Dissidia is a cross over with FF and.... other FFs?"
I would still think of it as a crossover because all of the games (excluding the direct sequels) follow a different canon with different casts, they just exist within the same titular property. I do see what your point is, though most of the games in this list are just two or more fighting game franchises (KOF isn't even different companies, right?) coming together.

Anyway, congrats to KH. It's good to see it getting some much-needed attention over here, and it's nice to see that they incorporated the series as a whole rather than focusing only on the first title. I would have placed it first myself, but I'm not an objective audience, so. :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Dissidia also draws from Kingdom Hearts and Parasite Eve, so that further emphasizes the crossover aspect. Wasn't big on the first one, honestly. The plot was a tad bland for me, but I'd still like to play the second title. Kain. <3 In any case, I'm glad KH toppled it.

I would have placed it first myself, but I'm not an objective audience, so. :p

Werddd. Obviously we're a bit of a biased crowd, and while I do recognize a majority of crossovers are of the fighting genre, Kingdom Hearts being such the massive, intricate tale that it is, I felt it deserved first. I don't want to say developers have it easy when it comes to fighting games, but they certainly don't have to be as deep and can get away with a more laissez faire approach to the clashing universes. That being said, I have played MvC3 (very fun indeed), and the number two spot is great news nonetheless.

Dr_Mario64

It's great to see KH take #2, but honestly I felt that #1 was a bit of a copout. I mean, they already used a "vs. Capcom" game! But whatever. It's really inspiring to see that an idea that looked bad on paper and nobody thought would succeed turn out to be one of the real powerhouses of JRPGs. Speaking of which, I haven't touched Chrono Trigger in a while...I should really get back to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back