• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Game of Thrones - please hold the door

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Bran's story arc has always been one of my least favorite, I didn't even really care when he was just absent for a season.

oh c'mon, "hold the door" was one of the greatest revelation TV has ever witnessed. Yeah, his arc isn't like super amazing, but god damn that scene is glorious

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Bran's story arc has always been one of my least favorite, I didn't even really care when he was just absent for a season.
I really enjoy Brans chapters in the book, though the show is kinda like "wtf, too deep for you"
The Night King in the show isn't the same character as the Night's King from the book. They're two separate characters. The Night King (Show) is the leader of the White Walkers who was created by the Children of the Forrest. The Night's King (Book) is just some lunatic Commander of the Night's Watch that fell in love with a snow-white woman hundreds of years ago.
Oh yeah! I remember now, no wonder I was confused, the book and show are two different worlds man.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
With all the foreshadowing given to us in the last episode and what we know about the Azor Ahai, I can already see how the series is going to end.

If someone already said something similar to what I said, sorry y'all. I haven't been active in years and I'm not about to go through 80 pages of posts.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
oh c'mon, "hold the door" was one of the greatest revelation TV has ever witnessed. Yeah, his arc isn't like super amazing, but god damn that scene is glorious

I mean, yeah, that was pretty cool. But that one scene didn't make me all of a sudden care more about all the bleh and the meh that was Bran's story before it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What a great finale.
It was so satisfying seeing Arya kill Littlefinger. Also loved Jaime walking out on Cersei

Can't wait for the final season next year.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
wow, between this and kh reaching their conclusions next year, i'll feel really bad for victor when he has to find a new thing to yell at college kids for liking

but for real though, great episode. this season felt like a movie tbh and despite some awkward arranging of plotlines and a predictable finale, it was a really fun ride. dont see how theyre going to pack the great war, battle for the iron throne and sansa rescuing his sister in 6 freaking episodes, but i'm here for the delightful mess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yup, he called her bluff. Good for him. I'm actually surprised Jaime wants to head north.

Unlike Cersei, Jaime does have regained his sense of honor and intents to keep given pledges. Not to mention that his assessment of the situation is completely right. Even with the Golden Company at her disposal Cersei won't stand a chance against the army of the dead if they win. Cersei is still playing a game that, strictly spoken, doesn't matter anymore while Jaime also knows that chances of the Jon/Dany-alliance despite their numbers are rather slim if not ALL of the living Westerosi stand behind the effort.

The Dothraki are mostly light cavalry who also aren't used to fight in harsh winter, the Northern armies are depleted due to constant warfare and the Unsullied plus the Vale Army and two Dragons won't be able to stop the dead alone.
True, the Lannister armies are also vastly depleted by now, but every living soldier counts especially since the army of the dead will only grow with each loss of the living.
It remains to see if Jaime will remain alone or if parts of or even the whole Lannister army decides to follow him.
I recall that even the switching sides of the Reach houses (most notably House Tarly) happened mostly because of Jaime's charisma and reasoning, not because they actually like or accept Cersei so other people abandoning her and following Jaime instead isn't out of the question.

Apart of that though,

The imagery of the army of the dead marching in long columns through the broken wall and the Night King flying overhead with the wight-dragon reminded me totally of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King when the great army of Mordor marched forward from Minas Morgul and the Witch-King flew overhead with his fellbeast.
The Night King riding the wight-dragon in general has very much Nazgul-vibes (except the blue fire, that's a bonus the Nazgul don't have).

D

Deleted member 36435

wow, between this and kh reaching their conclusions next year, i'll feel really bad for victor when he has to find a new thing to yell at college kids for liking
there's still shit beer and the walking dead, kid

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
there's still shit beer

Shit beer is all I drink so don't you fucking dare.

I really liked the season finale, but the start kinda dragged on a bit. In fact, my friend did turn to me and say "This is a bit shit."

But then
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I actually wished they dragged that on for a bit longer. It was so fast, so sudden. So.... underwhelming.

I was watching with a friend and was basically like "Hey, I bet this is about to happen," and then what do you know, it did. (unspecific quote because I don't feel like typing out spoiler tags).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I actually wished they dragged that on for a bit longer. It was so fast, so sudden. So.... underwhelming.

One might say the showrunners heavily condensed and shortened every story arc that doesn't directly involve Daenerys, Jon Snow and Cersei in order to rush to the final conflict and the end, just quickly letting characters die to have them out of the way.
It happened to the whole Dorne storyline, several parts of the Tyrell/Reach plotlines, the whole "Northern Conspiracy/The North Remembers"-plot, Sansa's own story arc (which is hugely different in the books), Stannis' story arc and most of the Iron Islands/Greyjoy plotlines.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
One might say the showrunners heavily condensed and shortened every story arc that doesn't directly involve Daenerys, Jon Snow and Cersei in order to rush to the final conflict and the end, just quickly letting characters die to have them out of the way.
It happened to the whole Dorne storyline, several parts of the Tyrell/Reach plotlines, the whole "Northern Conspiracy/The North Remembers"-plot, Sansa's own story arc (which is hugely different in the books), Stannis' story arc and most of the Iron Islands/Greyjoy plotlines.

I mean, what was it like...five minutes long. For such a vital character who has been around for so long and is the reason behind many of the major events in the show, they could have either carried that scene out a bit longer allowing some more vital information to be let out or at least waited until season 8. The writers allowed a bunch of useless doo this season.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the show has moved away from being a faithful adaption of the books, reaching a similar level of writing as LoTR on tv, and become more about instant gratification from cool shit. because idk about you but that ice bear was THE coolest shit. undead revenant on ice? hell yeah

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I mean, what was it like...five minutes long. For such a vital character who has been around for so long and is the reason behind many of the major events in the show, they could have either carried that scene out a bit longer allowing some more vital information to be let out or at least waited until season 8. The writers allowed a bunch of useless doo this season.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Apparently the writers were asking for an undead bear for quite some time and they decided to just throw it in there because it seemed cool.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I heard and watched them talking about that. I bet this is where an extra episode for season 7's money went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back