• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game help questions? Post here!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korai

Awards
After playing a bunch of Re: Chain again I do have to say I'm really starting to love it.
I don't know why the Card System gets so much flak, as I find myself really indulging in it.
Building decks is so much fun and I dare say that, while I always preferred Birth by Sleeps and Re: Coded's battle system over the so-called "standard" from KH 1 and KH 2, I am right now also quite on the way to prefer Re: CoMs system also over the KH 1 and especially the KH 2-system.
Not counting Days, the battle systems from KH 1 and KH 2 may possibly becomes the worst in the series from my viewpoint of personal taste.

---

On Re: CoM itself,

I've finished the 8th floor (Neverland) right now, with my Sora being at Level 51 with 215 HP and 1050 CP.
Is that enough to tackle Hollow Bastion? Or should I finish Winnie the Pooh beforehand?

I'd also appreciate if a Re: CoM expert could check out my current deck if it's effective enough.

It consists so far of 40 Cards, starting with

three Kingdom Key's (Value 2) to start any battle with an Ars Arcanum,
then a 0 card to break enemy sleights (can be skipped over if necessary),
followed by one Gravity (9), Simba (6) and Fire (3) to unleash Quake and then three Cloud-cards for Omni-Slash.

After that I've stocked three Vita-cards for healing if needed,
followed by Stop (8), two attack cards (each 5) for Lethal Frame and three different Attack cards to activate Sonic Blade.

Next in line is a Hi-Potion (7) to restore Cards (if necessary, otherwise it can be skipped) followed by one Aero (9), Gravity (6) and Genie (3) for a round of Tornado.
Then comes three times Tinkerbell if additional healing is needed, followed by another Lethal Frame setup as well as another Sonic Blade.

The rest is then another Hi-Potion, one Simba and two Value 9-Single attack cards (Shock Impact) and another 0-card for emergencies.

Enemy cards I put are Ooogie Boogie, Genie Jafar and Hook.
I wouldn't call myself a Re:CoM expert, but I know how the game works pretty well.
First off, it sounds like your deck consists almost entirely of cards used only for sleights. It's a good idea to have a lot of sleights set up in your deck, but you shouldn't underestimate what you can do with regular, 3-hit combos. You might think they're weak and do much less damage than sleights, but it depends on which keyblades you use in which order. If you go into Jiminy's Journal, and then go to card index and pick a card, you will see among it's stats: "strike", "thrust", and "finisher", each followed by a letter ranking. "strike" indicates the first attack in a 3-hit combo, "thrust" indicates the second, and "finish" indicates the third. So if a card has a strike rank of D and a thrust rank of A, it will do much more damage if it is used as the second attack of a combo than if it is used for the first. You might consider removing a few sleights and organizing some regular attack cards in an effective order. Also, it is a good idea to level up your CP more often than your health. At 215, I would say you have a good amount and shouldn't need to level it up anymore, if you're good at dodging attacks and navigating your deck quickly. If you have trouble with that, you may need a bit more health. This video demonstrates the concept of using regular attacks in a combo pretty well, so you can use this for reference:
[video=youtube;WYLd0CzD9z8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYLd0CzD9z8&feature=share&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh4UMNnONBSCN-Ez3gUBLY97[/video]

And if you need to level grind for a while to power up health or CP or learn sleights, this video is pretty helpful:
[video=youtube;f726U3qgzP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f726U3qgzP8&feature=share&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh4UMNnONBSCN-Ez3gUBLY97[/video]

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Holy jesus, my pace in RE:COM has always been 3-4 levels per world so after the 8th world I be at around level 31 which was usually enough. So you being that high should help you cruise through most of the bosses as long as you edit the deck before hand.

For the deck? I've always found it to be preference. I usually just stack my deck with lethal frame, that one sleight with gravity and fire, that fire tornado sleight and then just a bunch of attack cards with 3 cure, 2 potions esque stuff.

It worked for me but I think for you, you can just stick some more attack cards for some easy whacking.

Heh, I guess that came from my excessive grinding in Agrabah for Moogle points with Aladdin (got that 10.000 Moogle Points-trophy by the way) as well as gaining my first few Key to Rewards cards in Atlantica and Neverland which caused quite some backtracking.

Preference is good, I haven't played the game enough yet to form excessive strategies, although I did found that some sleights are particularily effective to clear out whole rooms (if you have six annoying Crescendos hopping around honking their horns off to call reinforcements one Quake will take care of them fast enough). I certainly have not all sleights yet so I won't actually pick a "favorite" deck yet.

I'll probably stick some more attack cards into my regular deck as Bosses tend to be rather unimpressed with Single attack cards even if they have value 9.

I wouldn't call myself a Re:CoM expert, but I know how the game works pretty well.
First off, it sounds like your deck consists almost entirely of cards used only for sleights. It's a good idea to have a lot of sleights set up in your deck, but you shouldn't underestimate what you can do with regular, 3-hit combos. You might think they're weak and do much less damage than sleights, but it depends on which keyblades you use in which order. If you go into Jiminy's Journal, and then go to card index and pick a card, you will see among it's stats: "strike", "thrust", and "finisher", each followed by a letter ranking. "strike" indicates the first attack in a 3-hit combo, "thrust" indicates the second, and "finish" indicates the third. So if a card has a strike rank of D and a thrust rank of A, it will do much more damage if it is used as the second attack of a combo than if it is used for the first. You might consider removing a few sleights and organizing some regular attack cards in an effective order. Also, it is a good idea to level up your CP more often than your health. At 215, I would say you have a good amount and shouldn't need to level it up anymore, if you're good at dodging attacks and navigating your deck quickly. If you have trouble with that, you may need a bit more health. This video demonstrates the concept of using regular attacks in a combo pretty well, so you can use this for reference:
[video=youtube;WYLd0CzD9z8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYLd0CzD9z8&feature=share&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh4UMNnONBSCN-Ez3gUBLY97[/video]

And if you need to level grind for a while to power up health or CP or learn sleights, this video is pretty helpful:
[video=youtube;f726U3qgzP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f726U3qgzP8&feature=share&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh4UMNnONBSCN-Ez3gUBLY97[/video]

I should have probably said beforehand that this is my primary boss deck, although crowd control is also pretty neat with that one. As I said above, nothing I've seen so far takes care of a whole group of Crescendos (and other ground based foes) as fast as one use of Quake.
For finishing battles quickly, it seems that sleights are indeed the way to go.

Heh, the more you learn. I didn't know about those values of attack cards at all. Might be a fun deck to try out against stronger single foes once I've collected many more attack cards.
So far I have converted every attack (and magic) card of a value less than 5 into Moogle points (except the three 2-cards I use for Ars Arcanum and some 0-cards).
With the onset of the Hi-Potion I even realized that cards "lost" from using sleights, even Premium cards, are not truly "lost" at all because you can even restock those with an Hi-Potion.

Ah, I see that idea was then already on the right track as I assumed that with more CP => more effective deck => Kill foes faster => no need for too much HP.
I actually plan to consequently level up CP more as things go (and use more Premium rooms) until my deck can a) either hold 99 cards or b) the limit of CP is reached.
After the CP-limit is reached, the only thing that remains is leveling HP anyways.

All pretty interesting stuff here. Looks like I need also to study the specifics of the attack cards themselves in the future.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
So aside from the difficulty Trophies, all I have left to do (that isn't straight-up grinding) is collecting all the Enemy Cards.

Does... does anyone know how to increase drop rates? I know there are some rooms that do this, but is there anything else? Do I need room in my Map Cards for a drop to be possible?

I was grinding Neoshadows for hours and haven't gotten a single drop.

Korai

Awards
So aside from the difficulty Trophies, all I have left to do (that isn't straight-up grinding) is collecting all the Enemy Cards.

Does... does anyone know how to increase drop rates? I know there are some rooms that do this, but is there anything else? Do I need room in my Map Cards for a drop to be possible?

I was grinding Neoshadows for hours and haven't gotten a single drop.
your map cards don't effect the dropping of enemy cards. Only the last enemy standing will drop it's enemy card I.E. if you need a neoshadow card, and you fight a set of enemies, and one or more of the enemies is a neoshadow, fight all of the other enemies first, leaving a neoshadow as the last enemy standing, then defeat it. This is no guarantee that it will drop a neoshadow card, but this at least makes it possible.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
your map cards don't effect the dropping of enemy cards. Only the last enemy standing will drop it's enemy card I.E. if you need a neoshadow card, and you fight a set of enemies, and one or more of the enemies is a neoshadow, fight all of the other enemies first, leaving a neoshadow as the last enemy standing, then defeat it. This is no guarantee that it will drop a neoshadow card, but this at least makes it possible.
Everglow8444 has a video stating that Teeming Darkness, Almighty Darkness and Looming Darkness increase the drop rate by 2.5. And I know about the last-man-standing requirement.

I was just hoping there was some other way to make this less of a slog.

Korai

Awards
Everglow8444 has a video stating that Teeming Darkness, Almighty Darkness and Looming Darkness increase the drop rate by 2.5. And I know about the last-man-standing requirement.

I was just hoping there was some other way to make this less of a slog.
oh yeah, i knew about that. I just meant that the number of map cards you have doesn't matter.
I don't think there is any other way to speed it up, sorry :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Heh, I guess that came from my excessive grinding in Agrabah for Moogle points with Aladdin (got that 10.000 Moogle Points-trophy by the way) as well as gaining my first few Key to Rewards cards in Atlantica and Neverland which caused quite some backtracking.

Preference is good, I haven't played the game enough yet to form excessive strategies, although I did found that some sleights are particularily effective to clear out whole rooms (if you have six annoying Crescendos hopping around honking their horns off to call reinforcements one Quake will take care of them fast enough). I certainly have not all sleights yet so I won't actually pick a "favorite" deck yet.

I'll probably stick some more attack cards into my regular deck as Bosses tend to be rather unimpressed with Single attack cards even if they have value 9.

I should have probably said beforehand that this is my primary boss deck, although crowd control is also pretty neat with that one. As I said above, nothing I've seen so far takes care of a whole group of Crescendos (and other ground based foes) as fast as one use of Quake.
For finishing battles quickly, it seems that sleights are indeed the way to go.

I might've come late to the party, but I'd like to help out, too~

If this is your boss-slaying deck, you probably would want to stock up on some Mega-Ether cards as well. It looks like you're relying a lot on magic sleights but have no way of restoring them once the cards have been used up, which can be a problem in longer battles. You should be able to obtain your first Mega-Ether in 100 Acre Wood. I highly suggest you clear that world before proceeding forward because the cards and sleights you get there can prove quite useful in battle.

Also, note that the Attack Bracer effect that Genie-Jafar grants you only works with, well, attacks or attack sleights. If, say, you pulled a low-value Omnislash, you'd still be susceptible to be card-broken by the enemies even if the effect still takes place.

Ah, I see that idea was then already on the right track as I assumed that with more CP => more effective deck => Kill foes faster => no need for too much HP.
I actually plan to consequently level up CP more as things go (and use more Premium rooms) until my deck can a) either hold 99 cards or b) the limit of CP is reached.
After the CP-limit is reached, the only thing that remains is leveling HP anyways.

All pretty interesting stuff here. Looks like I need also to study the specifics of the attack cards themselves in the future.

Just a heads-up, the highest you can get to in terms of CP is 1,650. After that, if you've already learned all of the sleights, you'll be upping your maximum HP over and over again.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Not really a question by my god is KH Re-Com a tedious game at the beginning. I'll admit after your done with the first batch of worlds and fight Larxene, the game gets good but dam the game is so boring and hard to get thorough at the beginning stages. It also doesn't help that I was playing this on the PS2 like 3 months ago so it's still fresh in my mind.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Not really a question by my god is KH Re-Com a tedious game at the beginning. I'll admit after your done with the first batch of worlds and fight Larxene, the game gets good but dam the game is so boring and hard to get thorough at the beginning stages. It also doesn't that I was playing this on the PS2 like 3 months ago so it's still fresh in my mind.

I know how it feels, it gets a bit tedious... I usually just do the game, then take breaks for a few days or weeks, then play again.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I know how it feels, it gets a bit tedious... I usually just do the game, then take breaks for a few days or weeks, then play again.

That it does though tedious and exp orbs are thankfully my only gripes about the game. =D

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I was able to force myself to finish the Traverse town, Agrabah for the day. Why does this game have to take so long to get interesting :(

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I was able to force myself to finish the Traverse town, Agrabah for the day. Why does this game have to take so long to get interesting :(

Probably due to the fact that your collection of cards is limited for the first few worlds, and so is the number of sleights you know? I mean, just look at Thunder, you don't get it until the first Larxene fight, which is probably around 40% of your way into the game.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Probably due to the fact that your collection of cards is limited for the first few worlds, and so is the number of sleights you know? I mean, just look at Thunder, you don't get it until the first Larxene fight, which is probably around 40% of your way into the game.

Yea that has something to do with definitively. I also think it's the fact that the first 6 worlds are such filler with nothing new happening that it feels so tedious to spend time in them. There aren't organization boss fights at the end of level just more cut-scene. When you've beaten the game several times like I have, it's really hard to motivate yourself to get grind though a level just to see a non-interesting cut-scene.

Which sucks since I happen to enjoy most of the later boss fights, it's just getting there is rough :(.

Squabble

Oops didn't see this thread. So maybe a kind soul who knows stuff about Chain of Memories can help me. I'm going for the card collector stuff because of the PS3 Trophy Hunter I am.

"So I've opened all the Room to Rewards(got all the sleights, Organization's cards and some other Keyblades) but I'm missing the Two Become One Keyblade which is suppose to be in the Destiny Island's Room to Rewards and I didn't get it. Is that some sort of glitch or is there any other way to get it now?"

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Oops didn't see this thread. So maybe a kind soul who knows stuff about Chain of Memories can help me. I'm going for the card collector stuff because of the PS3 Trophy Hunter I am.

"So I've opened all the Room to Rewards(got all the sleights, Organization's cards and some other Keyblades) but I'm missing the Two Become One Keyblade which is suppose to be in the Destiny Island's Room to Rewards and I didn't get it. Is that some sort of glitch or is there any other way to get it now?"
Have you finished Days?

It's a completion bonus.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Yes I watched through it all and read all the journals and whatnot. Also I got the other 358/2 Days Keyblades so there must have been an error somewhere no?
Alright, well that's really odd. Were there two chests in the Room of Rewards?

When you don't get both Rewards, the second one becomes a Bounty in that world. So... I guess try your luck with some Bounty rooms?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Weird. Once you're able to get the Organization cards and the other extra Keyblade cards, you should be able to nag Two Become One. In your case, what came out from the Room of Rewards' boxes in DI? One should be Elixir (or Megalixir? I can't remember), but what was the other one?

Squabble

Weird. Once you're able to get the Organization cards and the other extra Keyblade cards, you should be able to nag Two Become One. In your case, what came out from the Room of Rewards' boxes in DI? One should be Elixir (or Megalixir? I can't remember), but what was the other one?

Yeah it was an Elixir/Megaelixir but I can't quite remember what was in other one.

Alright, well that's really odd. Were there two chests in the Room of Rewards?

When you don't get both Rewards, the second one becomes a Bounty in that world. So... I guess try your luck with some Bounty rooms?

Yeah I'll try that. Just have to farm some Bounty Cards from the Roulette Rooms :p

OH WAIT stupid me the Destiny Island's Room of Rewards is still there o_O

My bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back