• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Concept Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Well, I went missing for a few weeks. In that time, I put some effort into my artwork, something which I've been really neglecting lately, mostly due to a lack of inspiration or interest. But now it's back, and my artwork has shown some improvement. :D

Anyway, some of you might be familiar with a trio of characters I concieved. I've told some people about some of the story of these individuals. But I've actually been VERY vague, or just downright lying to them when I did.

Now, I'm not going to go into this, but basically, these characters all actually started from a game concept I had. This idea changed, their stories evolved, ( D Aros was, A VERY LONG AND IMMATURE TIME AGO, a cheesy unoriginal clone of Sora, who was his DARKNESS or some gay crap like that. Suffice to say, D has since then become his own fully realized indepenent character, the only evidence of his prior life is his name. ), and I soon dropped the idea due to a lack of skills. But now, two years later, I now have the skills to do so. I've recently started on concept artwork for said game, and thought I might as well share it with the rest of you ladys and germinals.

Any critisism would be greatly appreciated. Hell, even a question about a character or whatever would be nice. I probably would need some encouragement to get this game even off the ground. I'll be updating this with new concept work as time goes along, so what meager stuff I have, will soon be supplmented with new stuff. Kek. ;D

If you like, favorite would be also nice. But enough with tooting my own HORNZ.

in b4 tl;dr

Artwork
The Protagonist...

Man oh man. Has D evolved over the two years since his inception. He started as a spikey purple haired clone of Sora... From there he evolved into a more original design, ( although he still kept his KH roots, ) ( Design. ) After a few months, he then became his own COMPLETE original character, with a more realistic and darker look. This was the first conception of the ONE TRUE D. The one we know of today. ( Design. ) And from there, his story underwent even more evolving and design changes, until it reached the current design, which is the concept art I've displayed here.

It's kind of funny to see my skills improve over the last two years, as well as my creations. I've often considered deleting those old images from my dA, but I came to the conclusion that it would be best to keep them there. Just so I could see how my skills changed over the years.​

The Antagonist...

Well, here he is. The Antagonist to D's story, D Illuminate. ( See description in 001 for pronounciation. ) This is actually the first time I've ever revealed him, so consider this a KHI exclusive? His design has also changed quiet a bit over the years. At first, he was a Knight like character. But that slowly developed into this, a more mysterious design. You can't tell what he's keeping underneath that coat. Wonder what's under there. :0

Oh, and for those who know D Leo in the Harve Academy RP going on here at KHI, this is who that young man grows up to be. Kek.​

Last edited:

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
w00 new pics! :D

I already told you my comments via AIM. >.> Concept 1 is nice, concept 2 looks really really awkward and weird.

Blue

home is where the heart is
These concepts are well-drawn =] The first one looks great!

Improvement is always good.But,the second one may need some anatomy work..

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
yo,. very impressive. likin the first one too. good job.

Awards
Updated D Aros Concept 001 with some colour, but I'm not really sure about it. May be too many different colours in there. I need other's oppinion on it before I continue.

And now onto replying to everyone...

---​

I like them.

Good job. =D

Thankyew!

They are really great keep up the good work

Thanks

Its good to see that you've gotten better. concept 1 looks the best IMO.

Yeah, I agree. First one looks much better.

they both look like riku
with sonic's eyes.

WHAT.

Its pretty!
I love the first one. =3

Dawh, thanks. :3

These concepts are well-drawn =] The first one looks great!

Improvement is always good.But,the second one may need some anatomy work..

It's not the anatomy that's wrong, it's the perspective of it. You should be able to see the soles of his shoes/boots from that angle.

yo,. very impressive. likin the first one too. good job.

Thanks.

I like the fighting stance of the 1st one but the 2nd one seems like your character is a bit too proud of himself.

It's more like he's insane. :3

Macabre

Gold Member
vey impressive artwork,i must say,my good man,very jolly and magnificent masterpieces.these are pretty good,awesome.

Last edited:
Awards
First time seing these, and they look great. I also like the colored version of your first concept. Nice job!

Awards
;D I like I like.xD even with the color.It's nice.x3 I'm somewhat envious.

Thanks. xD

vey impressive artwork,i must say,my good man,very jolly and magnificent masterpieces.these are pretty good,awesome.

Uhm, thanks. o_o

First time seing these, and they look great. I also like the colored version of your first concept. Nice job!

Thanks a bunch. :b

I like em, what kinda game is the concepts for

It's going to be a 2D Side Scrolling Fighter with RPG elements. Very story driven.

Awards
So what your saying is its going to be made into a real game? like where anyone can play it or?

Mhm. It's a real game. Right now, I'm just laying down all the concept work... Game mechanics, the story, the characters. Once that's all done, it's going to be onto actual programming. Making a base, which would be a proof of concept. From there, it would be building content into it.

If all goes well, and the game turns out good, I'll probably buy a server, set up a site, get some advertising going, and sell it online. Which would be 100x better than having it distributed by a producer. This is gonna be a fun thing. No crunch time for me thankyou.

Last edited:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I pretty much agree with everyone else, the first one is really good. Anatomy, details, etc. are really good, and I really like these Sonic-ish (as dejah said) eyes. xD

But, I dunno, D in the first pic looks kinda similar to you (from what I've seen of your photos in the DHASLOSTIT vids) imo. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back