• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Re: Disney's Frozen - "Hi, I’m Olaf and I like warm hugs."

I am unsure...on this.

Oddly enough, the only moment I actually liked in this trailer was Olaf by the fire.

Which is crazy because he was the main point that I really didn't like about this film.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm feeling that this is heavily Tangled inspired, not only in graphics but in the comedy and the general story as well.

Now with that being said, this actually looks a bit more promising mainly in regards to the villain being her sister and the observation Ethy made about Anna's hair. Those aspects of the film might make the story very interesting. I didn't think I'd like Tangled but I loved it, so I'm hoping the same will be said for Frozen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I am unsure...on this.

Oddly enough, the only moment I actually liked in this trailer was Olaf by the fire.

Which is crazy because he was the main point that I really didn't like about this film.

I think it is normal to be unsure about it. They seem to be marketing this film the same way they marketed Tangled: use a bunch of funny scenes, one or two emotional ones, don't really show the true conflict, splash of romance, catchy music to make you pay attention.

Right!? I hated Olaf but he's kind of growing on me and everything else is growing less.

I'm going to wait for the eventual Japanese trailer that is a lot more emotional and less comedic, and maybe plays one of the musical numbers to decide how I feel...

I'm feeling that this is heavily Tangled inspired, not only in graphics but in the comedy and the general story as well.

They probably saw how well the direction of Tangled was and felt it might fit what they could do with this film. I don't really like that fact, though. Since before this film was switched to CG, I was really excited for a more mature story from Disney's animated department because it was going to be about the Snow Queen! And then we have this. I don't doubt it'll be good...It seems like they are already trying to do a bit of trope jokes in this film but eeeh. Will hold off on judging.

Now with that being said, this actually looks a bit more promising mainly in regards to the villain being her sister and the observation Ethy made about Anna's hair. Those aspects of the film might make the story very interesting.

Maybe Elsa's magic and Anna are tied together somehow...

I didn't think I'd like Tangled but I loved it, so I'm hoping the same will be said for Frozen.

I was the same. I had been vehemently against seeing Tangled, but my friend did so I went. I think I fell in love with the film more than she did...

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Right!? I hated Olaf but he's kind of growing on me and everything else is growing less.

I got the feeling there would be a heartbreaking scene with him towards the end of the film about half way through the trailer.

But yeah, now I am liking everything less but Olaf that bit more.

Doesn't bode well for the movie haha.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Wasn't quite impressed with the trailer. hopefully the movie isn't a letdown

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I think the movie looks like it'll be quite fun. I'm really starting to dig the look of the movie, the city covered in snow looks great imo.
It does have a strong Tangled feel to it, but I'm okay with that. I'm not too surprised they're making Frozen similar to Tangled lot's of the Disney princesses movies that came out in the same era tended to have certain similarities, though probably not to this extent.

I wonder if Anna somehow ends up taking Elsa's powers and if that's why her hair is going blonde.

moonstar_xo

Is that New Politics I hear in the trailer? :D I saw them in concert a few months ago and I'm glad to see them getting popular!

Anyway, I would definitely agree that the Disney marketing team saw the success of Tangled and is trying to replicate that with this trailer. I don't doubt that this will be, at the very least, a bit more heartwarming and emotional than the trailer suggests, though. Overall I am looking forward to the film and will withhold final judgment until I see it. If this is similar to Tangled then I think I will probably like it, as long as its not TOO much like it.

I think I'm mostly looking forward to hearing the songs, to be honest. As much as I like and appreciate the work Alan Menken has put into past Disney films, it'll be interesting to hear songs from some new artists. :3

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I don't know what you guys are talkin about: this looks awesome! It's beautiful, funny, and has an ADORABLE snowman in it! I like it when Olaf sees how tiny his nose was X3

Gram

Banned
Awards

lol Great trailer, olaf~ Wonder why she decides to freeze everything.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

lol Great trailer, olaf~ Wonder why she decides to freeze everything.

I'm going to go with "magic is taboo and Elsa is proud of it while everyone hates it and thus tries to show the wonders by bringing ice and snow, something relatively unheard of in the land and it goes wrong because she is too powerful" for 200, Alex.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm going to go with "magic is taboo and Elsa is proud of it while everyone hates it and thus tries to show the wonders by bringing ice and snow, something relatively unheard of in the land and it goes wrong because she is too powerful" for 200, Alex.

Watch this actually end up being the plot. lol

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Watch this actually end up being the plot. lol

Only way for it to make sense. Elsa isn't a typical Disney villain. This is all about redemption. So the ice has to be accidental. Since Elsa banished herself, it sounds more like she regrets her choice, thus making it seem like it was an innocent spell. Anti Sorcery is a typical trope and fits nicely in a Disney flick.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Only way for it to make sense. Elsa isn't a typical Disney villain. This is all about redemption. So the ice has to be accidental. Since Elsa banished herself, it sounds more like she regrets her choice, thus making it seem like it was an innocent spell. Anti Sorcery is a typical trope and fits nicely in a Disney flick.

True, I even believe I heard them being surprised at seeing sorcery in the trailer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Olaf's scream is hilarious :3

But yeah, that sounds reasonable. Maybe they used to live somewhere colder and she just wanted to see snow again?

They are the monarch of the kingdom. They have lived there in the warm city of Arendelle all their lives.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

[video=youtube;hdv0wt-hTGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdv0wt-hTGQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

From the French Trailer:

"A Forbidden Power"

Elsa: "Get away from me!"

Anna: "Elsa!"

"A Kingdom Threatened"

Man 1: "The queen has cast a terrible curse upon the land!"

Anna: "I must find her!"

Man 2: "Your magic is full of beauty, but you must learn to control it!"

Just copying and translating the relevant lines, but you seem to have hit it on the head.

Also: the French always get cooler trailers and titles than us. "The Snow Queen" beats out "Frozen" by a longshot. (Similarly, with "How to Train Your Dragon", the French just said 'screw that' and named the movie "Dragons"; gets to the point.)

Last edited:

iLeen

Awards

From the French Trailer:

"A Forbidden Power"

"A Kingdom Threatened"

Just copying and translating the relevant lines, but you seem to have hit it on the head.

Also: the French always get cooler trailers and titles than us. "The Snow Queen" beats out "Frozen" by a longshot. (Similarly, with "How to Train Your Dragon", the French just said 'screw that' and named the movie "Dragons"; gets to the point.)

Thanks for the translations!

And yeah, I actually like the French trailer much more than the English trailer. Probably because I like the serious approach. I've actually never really liked Disney's trailers, because they don't do their respective movies justice, imo. I almost didn't watched Tangled because the trailer just made it look so kiddy. But I ended up watching it on Netflix, and I love it! I feel like Disney's trailers focus more on showing the comedy... Then again, the target audience are children, I suppose :p

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

It really is vibrant. o_0 Especially the last.
Now I *know* there's gonna be a slow motion run through a meadow dream scene after seeing that.

The trailer was decent but unimpressive. Though I prefer trailers that talk about the story instead of just using it as context for gags.

From the French Trailer:

"A Forbidden Power"

"A Kingdom Threatened"

That is a better trailer by far, though I would disagree about dragons.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Time to meet Olaf (even though I just want to hear Elsa :\ )

[video=youtube;dMdDYd5YCus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdDYd5YCus[/video]

Back