• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
lol yea . .u must like what kind of movies/stories i like (this is what happens when ur favorite movie is kill bill vo.1). but it wasn't that boring, i mean if this story grabbed my attention, then its really good

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
thanks kaptain kool, great to see you back!
aww, poor L337, i hope you get better soon <3 <3
i know, it's a terrible habit of mine DD ^^;
thanks for your comments gamergirl89, i know the chapters are really short ^^; i can't resist ending on cliffhangers. i'll try not to let it happen so often! there's gonna be more action soon. i swear. ^-^ thanks for your cc though, i need to know about the weak points :)

Chapter Twenty

"W-what?" Sora stuttered, her outburst shattering his peaceful state. He knew she wasn't feeling at her best, but this was completely out of the blue. He'd been happily enjoying being in her presence, relaxing as much as he could, knowing that soon, there may not be enough time for peace and quiet. While he'd been enjoying these simple pleasures, Kairi had been thinking herself into a deep, dark, inescapable hole.

"I don't know if it's such a good idea, Sora," Kairi said quietly, her tone almost unrecognisable to the usually bright and happy voice Sora loved to hear. "I don't think I should be there with you."

"Why not?" Sora asked, hoping that she'd reconsider. Perhaps if she wasn't sure why, he could help change her mind, make her see sense.

"I'll just slow you down," she said. "You need to get to Riku as fast as you possibly can, he could be in serious danger out there. Those guys might have already..." She trailed off.

"Yeah..." Sora said, his tone almost demanding for her to continue.

"I could never forgive myself if something happened to him before you could reach him," she explained, "and it's a lot more likely to happen if I'm there. I'm nowhere near as strong as you, Donald and Goofy, so you'd probably have to spend time helping me out, instead of progressing through Square-One. I'll just end up slowing you all down."

"That's not true, Kairi," Sora shook his head. "King Mickey's trying to get you a Keyblade. That'll help you a lot. And I'll be there to help you learn how to use it. And besides, the New Generation are after you, there's no way I'm gonna let you stay anywhere alone."

"A Keyblade chooses its own master," Kairi sighed. "I think I should just stay here, Sora." She began to mumble. "I doubt if a Keyblade would ever choose me anyway."

"Of course it would," Sora exclaimed. "Kairi, your heart is strong. You've made it through two years of lonliness, worrying about the two most important people in your life. You weren't even sure if they'd make it back, but you never for a second gave up hope. You were out on that beach every single day waiting, regardless of what your head told you. You listened to your heart. That's all that matters." He felt Kairi's shoulders drooping as he spoke. He heard her deep sigh.

"Sora..." she sighed. "That's sweet of you, but I doubt if any of that could make a Keyblade want me as its master. It's hardly a big deal." She hung her head. "I'll be a burden to you, Sora. If I stay here, at least you'll have more chance of Riku getting out of there, isn't that the main thing?" Sora wasn't sure what to say. It was the most important thing. But so was Kairi. She wouldn't be safe alone. He had to make her see that she just had to go. Maybe she wasn't feeling well.

"Maybe you're a little scared about it after that Heartless attacked you," he said, hoping she'd see sense and agree. "Maybe you should sleep on it, I'm sure in the morning you'll see that..." He took her hand and tried to take her back into the room, to let her lie down. She pulled his arm away from her, stopped him from taking her into the room.

"You aren't listening, are you?" she interrupted. "Sora, you have to find Riku, and if I'm there, you might not get there in time. Why can't you see that? It's that simple!" She was starting to get angry for some reason. Frustrated. "Sora, I know you'll worry, but please, don't. If I stay here, I'll miss you. I'll worry about you. I'll be lonely. But at least I'll know that you're out there finding Riku, without anyone stopping you or slowing you down."

"Kairi, I..." he couldn't find the words. "I am listening, I just don't think you're in the right mindset to be making snap decisions like that." His words were quiet. He gently moved to take her hand again. She refused, pulling away. Disappointed, he closed the window. At least she was back in the room now.

"Please, Sora," she begged, trying as hard as she possibly could to make him understand what she was saying. "I can't explain it enough, all I know is that Riku needs you right now, and without me, you'll have an easier time reaching him. As much as I want to be with you and need you, I know Riku needs you more."

Sora stopped to think it over. She couldn't stay alone. He knew that she couldn't be left for the New Generation to find her. But, in an unusual way, she made sense. He wouldn't have to spend much needed time making sure she was alright, preparing her for battles, making sure she was strong enough to fight the Heartless, wondering how she'd react to the situation with the New Generation... the list went on and on. She was inexperienced, wether she'd have a keyblade or not. There simply wasn't enough time. Precious minutes had passed. For Riku, time may already have ran out. Sora sighed heavily, scratching his neck. He'd made his decision.

"Kairi, listen," he sat down on the bed. "I've thought about it."

"And?" she sat next to him, awaiting his answer.

"I can't make you come," he said quietly. "But I can't let you stay here alone. The New Generation are after you. Whoever they are, all we know is that they're really powerful. There's no way you'd be able to fight them off if they find you, and you'd end up trapped with Riku... or... worse. I don't want that to happen."

"Maybe he's right..." Kairi thought, looking away. "I never thought of it like that."

"But..." Sora closed his eyes, tilted his head towards the ground. "The Kairi I love yould never give up so easily. She's stronger than this." He said it under his breath, without thinking of what he was doing. "She'd stay to fight. To help her friend." He suddenly jumped up, realised what he'd done. He'd never intended to say that. He'd done it without thinking.

"You're right..." she whispered. She hung her head in shame. "I can't give up. Riku needs all the help he can get right now. The more of us there are, the more chance we have of rescuing him."

Sora nodded. His unintended words had taken great effect on her.

"It sounds kinda stupid now," she muttered. "I just wanted Riku to be alright, I thought I'd be a burden."

"Of course not," Sora smiled. "You'd help us find Riku."

"I think I was just afraid of the Heartless..." she thought.

"Sora, can I ask you something?" she smiled. He nodded. "Aren't you afraid of the Heartless?"

"Nope," he shook his head. "Well, not any more."

"Why not?!" she was stunned. To her, the Heartless were terrifying.

"Because now I know that Dark never wins agains Light," he explained. "I always remember that, and you should too. It'll come in handy when we reach Square-One. Don't forget it, it really helps." Kairi nodded. It was good advice for her.

"Thanks for everything, Sora," she reached to hold his hand. He brought it up to his face, kissing it softly.

"No problem," he smiled. "So... you're still coming?"

"Yeah," she replied. "Riku needs all the help he can get."

hope that makes up for the horribly shorter chapters :)
let me know how this is, if there's anything wrong, let me know about it!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
thanks dd ^-^ i wasn't so sure about it myself!

Chapter Twenty-One

The blood-red skies hung over the hot, barren land. Crumbling, charred trees lay like scattered warriors across the burning ground. A ravenous river of lava devoured all that lay in its path, leaving a trail of blazing destruction in its wake. Kairi clutched the Keyblade in her nervous, sweaty hands. She felt the searing heat against her skin, smelled the smoky brimstone. She looked around at the carnage that had taken place. Donald and Goofy lay mangled on the unforgiving ground. Shocked and afraid, she stepped backwards as they grabbed at her ankles, trying to drag themselves up. She staggered away from them. Clink.

She jumped around, looked at her feet. The King's dinted, broken helmet. Next to it, the once proud King himself, floundering around on the floor. Helpless, he tried with all his might to heave himself up. To fight. But it wasn't enough. His body couldn't take it. His limbs all dropped to the ground. Kairi screamed in terror, turned to run. What was going on? She suddenly felt herself hurtling backwards, something had knocked her back. She collapsed on the floor under a huge weight. It must have been thrown at her as she'd turned to run away.

Lying flat on the floor, she eased herself up. She looked down. A lifeless body sprawled over her legs. A pale, bloody face. Floppy, heavy limbs. Kairi scrambled around, trying to feel a pulse. A breath. Any sign of life. Nothing. Sora.

Kairi felt her heart stop. She couldn't breathe. No, this couldn't be happening. She screamed, piercing the silence of the dead land. Tears poured from her eyes, falling upon his drained face.

"Please," she begged him. "Get up, Sora, you have to fight this!" She curled up, sobbing into his hair. "This can't be happening!" Her whole body quivered, all her hair stood on end. She felt her insides in turmoil, her stomach becoming knotted with the pain. She'd never known anything like this before, she felt like her heart would explode. It was all too much for her to take, seeing her life collapse around her. She couldn't accept it. Held his body close. A figure towered over her. A huge black blur.

"Give up," its voice was distorted. Inhuman. "You can't win. You aren't strong enough, and you never will be."

Before she had the chance to respond, or even react, she felt herself being torn from Sora again. She felt herself flying backwards, away from Sora. Into nothingness. Fading to black. Blurring together.

"Sora!" she cried, screaming as loud as she possibly could.

sorry for another short chapter, i feel really bad about it :(
i didn't have enough time to type it all out, and i didn't want to leave you guys waiting too long, i know what it's like waiting for a new chappy in a fanfic.
hope you liked it though.

<3 <3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
dark_dutchman said:
nice, you used a flashforward didn't you?

EDIT: just saying that my story is up. hope everyone will read it and give their cc
maybe i did and maybe i didn't :D
of course i'll read your fanfic, i bet it's great!
thankyou kk :)

ok, this is the second half of Chapter Twenty-One. i'll include the first half too.

Chapter Twenty-One

The blood-red skies hung over the hot, barren land. Crumbling, charred trees lay like scattered warriors across the burning ground. A ravenous river of lava devoured all that lay in its path, leaving a trail of blazing destruction in its wake. Kairi clutched the Keyblade in her nervous, sweaty hands. She felt the searing heat against her skin, smelled the smoky brimstone. She looked around at the carnage that had taken place. Donald and Goofy lay mangled on the unforgiving ground. Shocked and afraid, she stepped backwards as they grabbed at her ankles, trying to drag themselves up. She staggered away from them. Clink.

She jumped around, looked at her feet. The King's dinted, broken helmet. Next to it, the once proud King himself, floundering around on the floor. Helpless, he tried with all his might to heave himself up. To fight. But it wasn't enough. His body couldn't take it. His limbs all dropped to the ground. Kairi screamed in terror, turned to run. What was going on? She suddenly felt herself hurtling backwards, something had knocked her back. She collapsed on the floor under a huge weight. It must have been thrown at her as she'd turned to run away.

Lying flat on the floor, she eased herself up. She looked down. A lifeless body sprawled over her legs. A pale, bloody face. Floppy, heavy limbs. Kairi scrambled around, trying to feel a pulse. A breath. Any sign of life. Nothing. Sora.

Kairi felt her heart stop. She couldn't breathe. No, this couldn't be happening. She screamed, piercing the silence of the dead land. Tears poured from her eyes, falling upon his drained face.

"Please," she begged him. "Get up, Sora, you have to fight this!" She curled up, sobbing into his hair. "This can't be happening!" Her whole body quivered, all her hair stood on end. She felt her insides in turmoil, her stomach becoming knotted with the pain. She'd never known anything like this before, she felt like her heart would explode. It was all too much for her to take, seeing her life collapse around her. She couldn't accept it. Held his body close. A figure towered over her. A huge black blur.

"Give up," its voice was distorted. Inhuman. "You can't win. You aren't strong enough, and you never will be."

Before she had the chance to respond, or even react, she felt herself being torn from Sora again. She felt herself flying backwards, away from Sora. Into nothingness. Fading to black. Blurring together.

"Sora!" she cried, screaming as loud as she possibly could.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Fading back in now. Two clear, blue crystals. A messy brown blur. Blinking eyes. A concerned face.

"Sora?" she squinted, trying to see better. She wasn't sure if he really was there. "Is that... you?" He brushed her hair off her face with his gentle touch. She wasn't imagining it.

"I woke you," he said softly. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Kairi replied, still shaky.

"I think you were having a nightmare," he explained. "You were screaming and crying." Kairi reached up to touch her cheek. It was wet with tears. She looked around. She was still in the same pure, white room. She felt the comfortable sheets enveloping her, Sora's warm body against hers. His concerned eyes looked into her, saw her fear. She seemed on edge, jittery. Sora almost felt too worried to speak to her, or even hug her. He didn't want to scare her even more.

"What happened?" he asked, carefully putting his arms around her. "You don't have to say." His calm, quiet voice soothed her, made her feel a little more relaxed. She looked at him blankly.

"In my dream?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah," he replied, "you were screaming my name, crying and flinging your arms around." Kairi tried to ignore him. Played with the buttons on the duvet, occupying her troubled mind. She glanced back at Sora. She knew at that moment that she had to tell him, no matter how crazy it seemed. She faced him properly.

"I think... I think I was in Square-One," she said quietly. "It was horrible, everything was burnt and dying." Sora nodded, waiting patiently for her to continue.

"I saw Donald and Goofy..." she went on. "On the ground, wounded." Sora's eyes widened as he listened carefully.

"Anything else?" he questioned. He tried to sound normal, but his voice had a shaky, quivering tone.

"King Mickey..." she continued. "I found his helmet, and he was lying on the ground, just like Donald and Goofy." She opened her mouth to continue, but the words refused to come. She was afraid to tell Sora what had happened to him, her already seemed a little nervous about it. Then again, it could be important. He had a right to know. She sighed heavily.

"Something flew at me, knocked me over," she said slowly. She took her time, breathed deeply. "It was you, but..." Sora leaned closer, eager to find out.

"Well..." she tried to go on. "Donald, Goofy and King Micky were only injured. They were trying to get up. But you..." She couldn't bring herself to say it. Turned away from him, tears filling her eyes. It was too painful to even think about it. Sora realised what she meant. He shakily put his arms around her. Burying herself in his shirt, Kairi held him tightly.

"Me?" he questioned.

"Yeah," Kairi nodded. Her voice was muffled by his clothes. "And there was a voice."

"What did it say?" he asked, impatient. "Did you recognise it?"

"No," Kairi shook her head, "it said something like, give up, you aren't strong enough. You never will be. I think... it was referring to all of us. It seemed that way."

"Is that where I woke you?" he asked.

"Yeah," Kairi replied, relieved she could stop thinking about it so much. "So... what do you think?" He scratched his head, his face all contorted and scrunched up in thought. His eyes wandered.

"If they're as powerful as King Mickey said..." he said slowly. "It could be the New Generation..."

"What do you mean?" his idea seemed a little far-fetched, and unrealistic. Then again, everything was unrealistic these days.

"Intimidating you... but in your dreams..." he seemed distant.

"Well if they are, it worked," she tried to joke. "It was really vivid, I thought it was happening..." her eyes darted to the window. It was still dark. The silver shimmer of the moon provided much-needed light that flooded into the room. The curtains drifted like friendly shadows in the ghostly midnight breeze. Something knocked a vase down at the other side of the room. "Strange..." she thought. The wind wasn't strong enough for that.

"Sora?" a sudden sense of urgency kicked in. "Didn't you close that window?"

there you go ^-^ hope you like it!

<3 <3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
thanks everyone :) i know, another huge cliffhanger!
oh, and the chapters should all be kinda long from now on!
i guess i should put you out of your misery. enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Two

Sora shot up, summoned the Keyblade. He got out of bed cautiously, Keyblade grasped in one hand. He took Kairi by the hand and helped her up. Looked around the room. Couldn't waste time. Couldn't take any risks. There was a chance that any danger was lurking in the shadows. Disney Castle wasn't as safe as they all thought anymore. Thinking on his feet, he made a decision.

"Come on," he ran towards the door, Kairi following closely behind him. Kairi slammed the door shut behind them. Stood in the empty corridor, Sora looked around.

"Left," he trusted his instinct. A cry echoed towards them, followed by an explosion. His instincts were right. The crashes got louder as they ran. The whole hallway shook. Sora stopped. Listened carefully. His eyes darted, found a half open door.

"Stay here," he whispered to Kairi, who was now quivering with fear. He nudged her back to a safe distance.

Sora approached the door cautiously. Held the Keyblade tightly with both hands, ready to strike. Breathing slowly, he held out one hand and eased the door open, unsure of what he'd find.

The whole room had been ransacked. The floor was littered with debris. Something bad had definitely happened in there. Sora threw the door back so that he could see the whole room.

It was similar to the room that he and Kairi had slept in. It was the same size, had the same furniture, the same huge floor-to-ceiling windows. It was light and airy. Well, it should have been. Everything had been destroyed. Drawers had been smashed down, chairs had been thrown across the room. The curtains had been ripped from the walls, and every pane of glass in the windows had been shattered into millions of razor-sharp pieces. The lamp had been broken, the crystal lampshade lay scattered on the floor. Even the huge bed had been broken in half. It looked like a bomb had gone off, on an earthquake had hit it.

The window frame shook. Slowly opened. Sora held the Keyblade above his head. Stepped over the broken pieces of the room, towards the disturbance. Whatever had done this was back. He waited a moment for it to reveal itself. The frame swung open.

"Goofy?!" Sora exclaimed. Goofy stood in the windowframe, shaking. "What happened here?!"

"They were here..." Goofy said quietly. "The New Generation..." He looked around the room, sighing heavily. Kairi peeked her head around the door.

"Sora?" she looked around the room. Saw Sora and Goofy standing around.

"Did they say anything?" Sora asked, helping Goofy out of the destroyed room. "What did they want?"

"Kairi," Goofy began. "I was asleep, and the door swung open. Three Heartless burst into the room, so I knew I had to get rid of them. After I'd done that, the windows shattered, and when I turned around..." They all began the long walk to the King's room. Goofy seemed a little jumpy. There was a guy standing there."

"What did he look like?" Kairi asked, her voice quivering.

"All in black," Goofy described him. "Long black hair, black coat, black shirt, black pants. Huge leather boots. He was carrying a huge sword with him."

"What did he say?" Sora asked.

"He demanded to know where the Princess of Heart was," Goofy went on. "He said he knew Sora was here. I told him Kairi wasn't here, hoping he would leave. But, he didn't take it well." They all wandered down the seemingly endless hallway. "He said that it would only be a matter of time before he found her, and that when he did, Sora would regret what he did to Ansem." Sora's eyes widened. Things were falling into place.

"Revenge..." he said quietly. "They must have followed Ansem. But..." he stopped dead in the hallway. "Why are they taking this out on Kairi?"

"Beats me," Goofy replied. "The guy trashed the room and left through the windows. I followed him out onto the balcony to make sure he'd left. The King needs to know about this."

hope you all like it, the next chappy will be up in a few days!
cc please!

<3 <3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
thanks for all the great comments everyone ^-^ you're awesome.
sorry dd but it isn't zack :) although i like your thinking, i completely forgot about that :D

Chapter Twenty-Three

They came to another room. Donald's room.

"You two wait here, I'll go fetch Donald," Goofy said, knocking on the door. "I should be a few minutes." He disappeared into the room, carefully closing the door behind him. Sora used the oppertunity to make sure Kairi was alright. It had been a sudden rush out of the room, and he didn't have a chance to ask her how she was.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, looking at her.

"I'm fine," she smiled. "Kinda scared, though. I can't believe what happened to Goofy back there. It was so kind of him to risk himself for me."

"Yeah," Sora nodded. "He's loyal all right."

A sudden shout shook the corridor.

"What was that?!" Kairi jumped. It had been a huge shock, and she was already a little nervous. "You should make sure they're OK, Sora! Quick!" She pushed him towards the door, tried to force him in.

"Don't," Sora stopped her.

"Why not?" Kairi frowned. She couldn't understand Sora's refusal to check on Goofy. Goofy had done everything possible to protect her. She thought that Sora could return his favour for her.

"Because," Sora said quietly, "I know that was Donald."

"But why did he shout?!" Kairi asked. The way she was reacting, you'd think that Donald was usually calm, quiet, and introverted.

"Kairi, Donald hates being woken up," he smiled.

"Oh..." Kairi nodded. It all seemed obvious now. After all, Donald was well-known for his fiery temper and violent reflex reactions. He was a hot-headed duck, not afraid to make his opinion known. Being woken up was one thing that could set him off like a firework. She laughed at herself.

Sora gazed at her. She was cute when she was dumb. Donald and Goofy still hadn't returned, so he decided to take advantage of their moment alone. He ran his fingers through her red hair, smiling. Gently pulled her face closer to his own. He kissed her soft lips. A long, gentle kiss. She reluctantly pulled away from him, and he embraced her. She buried her face in his chest.

Kairi truly felt protected in his arms, she knew nothing could harm her. Feeling comfortable and safe, she rested her weary eyes. Her rest didn't last long, as Donald and Goofy returned. They had to go find the King now. It was set to be a long night. They set off along the corridor, much to Kairi's disappointment.

She'd wanted to fall asleep in Sora's arms, forget all that had gone on. Sora too wanted to escape into a fantasy world, where he, Kairi and Riku were all together. Safe. But, given their circumstances, it wasn't likely to happen for a long time. He held Kairi's hand tighter as he listened to Goofy telling Donald of what had gone on. It took much longer this time, as Donald, frustrated about being woken up, was asking questions, interrupting constantly. Tired, irritable, and irritating, he kept making irrelevant observations and comments.

"Sora was right," Kairi thought. "He really does hate being woken up." Before they knew it, they'd reached the King's room.

The door was painted a regal shade of red, complimented by gold details. The handle was intricately woven into a pure gold design. The door was marked with the unmistakable sight of the King's crest. It looked so royal, so formal. Very different to the King himself.

Goofy knocked on the door, then went in. They all stood silently, waiting for sounds of movement. Ten minutes passed.

"Come in," the high-pitched voice called. They followed Sora into the room, one by one. Kairi, the last to enter the room, closed the door behind her. She then looked around the room.

hope you like it, sorry it wasn't as eventful as the last chapter ^^;
cc please, let me know of any weak points!

<3 <3

dark_dutchman

on the fine line between being depressed and being
let's see...

the fic is getting more original with every new chapter you write.

Again, it's very discriptive, wich can be a bad thing for people who prefer alot of action.

You put some humor in it, wich i don't find necessary, but still good.

My conclusion: a very good and discriptive fic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back