• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Coverage April 5th Edition Coming SOON

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Many events of the first game set in motion events in the other games, so it's far from unimportant. Roxas was already hinted at in CoM though.
And that the plot of KH 1 in general ties in less with the other titles (you did notice the parts of Enchanted Dominion, Dwarf Woodlands and Castle of Dreams at the end of the world, right?) is normal since KH 1 was originally intended as a standalone title.
Nomura also was making the story along as he went until the end of KH2, where he started to actually plan things.
So some things feeling more disconnected somehow isn't that surprising.

KevVentus

I think I only really LOVED KH1 up until KH2 came out, to be perfectly honest. Ever since then, it's just seemed like a Pilot to a tv show. Just kinda out there, with no relevance to the plot, and just kinda weird.

: P

But if you think about it, most entries don't become fully relevant until their final mix. KH FM definitely cemented its place in the continuity what with the additional reports and the Xemnas fight.

And I did notice those aspects in the End of the World! I always thought that was so clever!!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
When compared with what we're presented with since then, it's basically true. Nothing that's common with what we now know was true in the first game.

Nobodies? Forget about it. More than one keyblade wielder? Get real. Ansem being a taken name instead of a real name? Pshhhh.

I say remake Kh1 entirely, adding in little hints toward the rest of the series. I'm not saying add in nobodies or other keyblade wielders, but c'mon. The difference is far too great.

KHFM added stuff that hinted at the Nobodies. Xemnas boss fight and more Ansem Reports.
There were two Keyblade wielders in KH1, Sora and Mickey- three if you include Riku.
And the Ansem =/= AtW thing was pulled off pretty well in KH2. It's not important until KH2. There's no reason for it to be addressed in Kh1.

I wouldn't mind adding extra hints, but it's really not needed. They could go the Halo CEA route and add hints to future games that don't affect the story. *KH3D* Like, maybe when Sora runs into the Secret Place in KH1, it could pan off to YMX standing off somewhere, watching. But only small things like that, stuff only the audience would be aware of.

KevVentus

Your spoiler tag frightens me : S

Is it DDD plot relevant?

And I remember the days when Ansem not being Ansem was a big deal... Ahhhh. I still think it's funny how they kept referring to SoD as "Xehanort's Heartless"

KevVentus

Eek! I won't!

The idea of a KH remake is a little far out there with people still hoping for a simple HD remaster... But I wouldn't mind updated graphics, battle systems, and plot.

KevVentus

Jumping to conclusions about the release of a game whose existence is based on jumping to conclusions?

Conclusionception?

I'm just wondering how news will be divided up between this interview and the Ultimania now that the game has been released... I mean, there can only be so much!!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm just wondering how news will be divided up between this interview and the Ultimania now that the game has been released... I mean, there can only be so much!!

You haven't spoiled DDD, correct?

I have, and believe me, there is enough stuff for Famitsu interviews and the Ultimania. ;P

KevVentus

Oh my...

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to read the Ultimania interview : /

I don't think the Famitsu one will have spoilers though.. or will it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't think the Famitsu one will have spoilers though.. or will it?

I won't bet on that it doesn't, after all, the game has been out quite some time in Japan now and I doubt they'll pay attention to overseas people. <__<.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Some post release bbs interviews had spoilers in them.

KevVentus

Yikes. I'll just have to tread these waters carefully...

I would like to hear about the cancelled ending, but that can probably traced to the real ending. Rats.

Don't know what else to expect from this interview then! But it should be cropping up soon, no?

keyblade13

Many events of the first game set in motion events in the other games, so it's far from unimportant. Roxas was already hinted at in CoM though.
And that the plot of KH 1 in general ties in less with the other titles (you did notice the parts of Enchanted Dominion, Dwarf Woodlands and Castle of Dreams at the end of the world, right?) is normal since KH 1 was originally intended as a standalone title.
Nomura also was making the story along as he went until the end of KH2, where he started to actually plan things.
So some things feeling more disconnected somehow isn't that surprising.

Whoa! i never knew about thosse hints in end of the world. Do you have a link or picture i can't seem
to find one

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Whoa! i never knew about thosse hints in end of the world. Do you have a link or picture i can't seem
to find one

[video=youtube;PvNaT2SarYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvNaT2SarYs&feature=relmfu[/video]

Skip to 3:15.

It goes Enchanted Dominion, Dwarf Woodlands, and Castle of Dreams. Supposedly you can see Beast's Castle in a small circle on the wall too, but I don't remember it too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back