• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eraqus, Seeker of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well I think the arguments were that Roxas was Ventus, given that Ven preceded Roxas. They were "right," at least to a very certain degree that I don't need to elaborate upon.

I think a more appropriate example would be Riku's and Vanitas' darkness suits and fighting stances.

No the arguments was that Ventus was Roxas, they would argue that Roxas was Ventus reborn.
The only part they would've been "right" in is design to a degree.

That is a better example Dx

Faded_Banana24

As of now there has been absolutely nothing that confirms the relation between the Guardian and Eraqus.

And truth be told, I don't see the resemblance between the Guardian's antennae and Eraqus' hair. Is it that the jagged antennae resemble that one lock of hair on the left side of Eraqus' face? That seems to be taking it to a stretch; jaggedness is a common feature across the designs of Heartless, Purebloods and Emblems alike.

Well he does have that X on his chest. They surprisingly brought up the symbolism of X's in DDD with Sora's X on his outfit.
And Dark Guardian has one... idk there are X's every-diddlying-where in this series.

Yeah, but it is a bit of a stretch for the most part and mostly speculation. But I just like the idea of Eraqus' obsession with light backfiring on him to become a pawn to MX's scheme. This massive attachment he has is a truly dark trait, if he is not the Dark Guardian that has been so closely affiliated with Terranort/AnsemSoD then he'd have to be a vessel for sure.

Either way, his character needs to be updated. He needs to be something that would make him a more prominent character for KH3, instead of just being that guy who trained TAV a decade ago who ALSO needs to be saved.

And like they say, "The closer you are to the light, the greater your shadow becomes." :p

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
No the arguments was that Ventus was Roxas, they would argue that Roxas was Ventus reborn.
The only part they would've been "right" in is design to a degree.

Roxas being Ven reborn is basically saying that Roxas is Ven; at least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Love how we're arguing about what they were arguing about :v

Either way, his character needs to be updated. He needs to be something that would make him a more prominent character for KH3, instead of just being that guy who trained TAV a decade ago who ALSO needs to be saved.
As of now, it's most likely that Eraqus will act as Terra's "trump card" in overpowering MX.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well he does have that X on his chest. They surprisingly brought up the symbolism of X's in DDD with Sora's X on his outfit.
And Dark Guardian has one... idk there are X's every-diddlying-where in this series.

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch and for the most part. Mostly speculation. But I just like the idea of Eraqus' obsession with light backfiring on him to become a pawn to MX's scheme. This massive attachment he has is a truly dark trait, if he is not the Dark Guardian that has been so closely affiliated with Terranort/AnsemSoD then he'd have to be a vessel for sure.

And like they say, "The closer you are to the light, the greater your shadow becomes." :p

The X isn't just a Xehanort staple though as Eraqus and TAV all had it incorporated into their outfits. Just cause Xehanort used the symbol to track sora doesn't necessarily mean every time you see it that Xehanort is involved.

Eraqus can't be a vessel as his body faded away and even though Xehanort is a troll I doubt he can troll bodies back into existence.

That's just it we dont know if he's one that will be saved. The ones alluded to being saved are in blank points of which Eraqus makes no appearance.
I don't think he needs more prominence, just more explanation on how he plays a role in the Terranort fold.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The X isn't just a Xehanort staple though as Eraqus and TAV all had it incorporated into their outfits. Just cause Xehanort used the symbol to track sora doesn't necessarily mean every time you see it that Xehanort is involved.

Spot on. Heck, X's that appear in the game could even have no meaning. Like the criss-crossing belts on Sora's KH2 chaps and shoes, what do they mean? Nothing. Or Roxas' pendant that resembles an X, what does that mean? Nothing, aside from it being a truncated and stylised Nobody sigil to perhaps signify his nature as one.

The Recusant's Sigil, which Xehanort uses to "mark his properties", is an X, but that doesn't mean all X's are Recusant's Sigils.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Roxas being Ven reborn is basically saying that Roxas is Ven; at least that's how I'm interpreting it.

Love how we're arguing about what they were arguing about :v

Both statements mean in essence the same, as it's meaningless in which order you say the names, it boils down to people arguing and/or assuming that Ventus and Roxas are the same entity/existence/person, which is and was always nonsense because it was confirmed from the start that they're two completely different individuals.

Even if you aren't willing to accept Roxas as his own individual (which he is), he has still more parts and connections to Sora rather than Ventus, who only influenced his appearance and eventually provided the second Keyblade.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If this happened I would frown at Square for such terrible writing. It's just shocking for the sake of being shocking and really makes no sense. Eraqus recognized the nature of his obsession with light had poisoned his heart with darkness, but it's against his nature to actively become a SoD. It would be a trite move, story-wise.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eraqus recognized the nature of his obsession with light had poisoned his heart with darkness, but it's against his nature to actively become a SoD. It would be a trite move, story-wise.

It's not like Eraqus would really have a choice in the matter, or do you really think Terra is a Seeker of Darkness because he wants to?
As shown with the attempt on Sora in DDD, Xehanort has no qualms of forcing people to serve him against their will.

I even reckon that aside from Ansem, Xemnas, Braig, Young Xehanort, Vanitas and possibly Saix/Isa no one actually serves him willingly.
Saix/Isa is also a question mark because he might be actually in a similar situation to Terra and maybe Eraqus.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Both statements mean in essence the same, as it's meaningless in which order you say the names, it boils down to people arguing and/or assuming that Ventus and Roxas are the same entity/existence/person, which is and was always nonsense because it was confirmed from the start that they're two completely different individuals.

Even if you aren't willing to accept Roxas as his own individual (which he is), he has still more parts and connections to Sora rather than Ventus, who only influenced his appearance and eventually provided the second Keyblade.
Oh we know that Roxas=/=Ven. We're just pretending like it's 2008 again :p

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's not like Eraqus would really have a choice in the matter, or do you really think Terra is a Seeker of Darkness because he wants to?
As shown with the attempt on Sora in DDD, Xehanort has no qualms of forcing people to serve him against their will.

I recognize it's possible for him to be an SoD, I was just stating my distaste for this move, if it happens.

I even reckon that aside from Ansem, Xemnas, Braig, Young Xehanort, Vanitas and possibly Saix/Isa no one actually serves him willingly.
Saix/Isa is also a question mark because he might be actually in a similar situation to Terra and maybe Eraqus.

Well that would be conjecture too then since we don't know the rest of the new Organization XIII. To me, based on what we've seen these seven games, it seems just about everyone revealed so far looks like their involved of their own volition. Terra looks to be the exception to the rule.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I personally believe that Terra's relatively smooth fall into the darkness is probably because he was closer to darkness than the others were that time. We also have to take into account that Terra seemed to have fallen into confused depression for not being able to pass the test; because of this, Xehanort was able to sweet-talk him rather easily and ensured his descent under the guise of mentoring him. To pull such a feat on Eraqus, who as we know is (or was) an almost overzealous advocate of light, would have been considerably harder.

"Harder" doesn't translate to "impossible", though. Who knows what Xehanort might have done to Eraqus' heart that had gone into Terra. Shortly before his demise, Eraqus himself acknowledged that he was blinded by light (ha-ha) to the point that he raised his Keyblade against his pupils, and that his own heart is darkness because of that. He doubted, and Xehanort might have used it to his advantage.

Well that would be conjecture too then since we don't know the rest of the new Organization XIII. To me, based on what we've seen these seven games, it seems just about everyone revealed so far looks like their involved of their own volition. Terra looks to be the exception to the rule.

I'd say that from what we've seen thus far, the only one who is willingly involved in this whole Xehanort fiasco is Braig. He had a clear motive in siding with Xehanort in BbS, and it was to gain a Keyblade of his own. Although he got Norted because of that, he didn't seem to mind one bit and even expressed his "pride" in DDD when confronted by Sora who asked if he was afraid of becoming someone else.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But this is also conjecture because, as you stated, we dont know. For all we know Isa was also a forced vessel or perhaps he did so willingly upon his and axel's falling out.

There's no real way of telling either way.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'd say that from what we've seen thus far, the only one who is willingly involved in this whole Xehanort fiasco is Braig. He had a clear motive in siding with Xehanort in BbS, and it was to gain a Keyblade of his own. Although he got Norted because of that, he didn't seem to mind one bit and even expressed his "pride" in DDD when confronted by Sora who asked if he was afraid of becoming someone else.

That's cool. Perhaps, you're right. Only time will tell. I happen to think at least Young Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem SoD are obliging SoDs.

But this is also conjecture because, as you stated, we dont know. For all we know Isa was also a forced vessel or perhaps he did so willingly upon his and axel's falling out.

There's no real way of telling either way.

That's why I stated a differing opinion. I didn't offer it up as facts, dude.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's cool. Perhaps, you're right. Only time will tell. I happen to think at least Young Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem SoD are obliging SoDs.

That's why I stated a differing opinion. I didn't offer it up as facts, dude.
I think it's a safe bet those three are willing for the most part, especially Young Xehanort, since of all the versions seen so far, he actually IS MX.

Okay "dude".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back