• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eraqus, Seeker of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's possible, and completely in line with something the writers would throw into the game as a "shocking plot twist" the man spent 99.9% of BBS going "Light is everything! Darkness is stupid and must be eradicated". To have him turn around and become a Darkness would seem like weird character progress.

I don't think Eraqus is part of the plan though. Master Xehanort seems shocked to find out that Eraqus was in Terra's heart as well. Unless somehow Xehanort was able to split Terra and Eraqus apart, it's hard for them both to be Darknesses at the same time.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I don't think Eraqus is part of the plan though. Master Xehanort seems shocked to find out that Eraqus was in Terra's heart as well.
This mostly. Although Xehanort is fully capable of altering his plans I dont think Eraqus was initially part of it seeing as he intended to end him completely in BBS.

Faded_Banana24

A Cloaked Young Xehanort was fightable at the Land of Departure after the fight with Eraqus, right? That could've been why he was wandering around that area. Pure speculation though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's plausible, but since the Land of Departure was destroyed at that time, there was nothing of Eraqus there. His body had faded away and his heart was inside Terra's body.

KHRULER

Awards
Would be a nice plotwist to the story, like Chaser said , Eraqus did say how darkness should be destroyed.

If there is light, there will be darkness.

D

Deleted member 205602

While there is a very slim chance of him being a darkness, I'm sure he will have some influence in Terra's return.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
While there is a very slim chance of him being a darkness, I'm sure he will have some influence in Terra's return.

It is possible that if Terra is a darkness then Xehanort will not use him until he is sure he can fully control him and he does not have to struggle with Terra and Eraqus.

Axel92

Awards
There is also the other theory, the one that states Master Eraqus' heart generated the Dark Guardian that stay behind Terranort/Ansem SOD. If you look at their hair, you can see similarities.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There is also the other theory, the one that states Master Eraqus' heart generated the Dark Guardian that stay behind Terranort/Ansem SOD. If you look at their hair, you can see similarities.

This could be an even more ironic scenario regarding Eraqus and his hate towards darkness because he turned into a savage monstrosity that acts on behalf of the darkness and attacks the light. I believe this theory because there are a couple of design similarities between the two, very similar for it to just be coincidence, and with how carefully Tetsuya Nomura puts hints about characters on their designs (Terra and Master Xehanort resembling Apprentice Xehanort), I have no doubt that the Guardian may very well be Eraqus's Heartless.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ While Nomura is infamous for hints it should be noted that there has been just as many a times that people have wanted to see something there that wasn't.

Like the infamous threads of old where many would argue for hours that Ventus is Roxas when in reality they are very different people with only a connection through sora.

Faded_Banana24

WOW! Now that twist would be right up Nomura's alley for sure. So in other words the Dark Guardian is Eraqus' heartless?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I don't see any resemblance between Eraqus and Guardian. Hell, the latter's design seems to be inspired a lot more by the Neoshadows.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So in other words the Dark Guardian is Eraqus' heartless?
Well, no. It's just fan assumption right now. It definitely has to be something, the way it appeared for Terranort in Radiant Garden, how it reached out to Riku in DDD.
Personally, I feel like it holds whats left of Terra, but the Eraqus twist is interesting. A man who fought for light now trapped in an eternal darkness nightmare.

I don't see any resemblance between Eraqus and Guardian. Hell, the latter's design seems to be inspired a lot more by the Neoshadows.
The Guardian came before the Neoshadows though.

Nayru's Love

Awards
^ While Nomura is infamous for hints it should be noted that there has been just as many a times that people have wanted to see something there that wasn't.

Like the infamous threads of old where many would argue for hours that Ventus is Roxas when in reality they are very different people with only a connection through sora.
Well I think the arguments were that Roxas was Ventus, given that Ven preceded Roxas. They were "right," at least to a very certain degree that I don't need to elaborate upon.

I think a more appropriate example would be Riku's and Vanitas' darkness suits and fighting stances.

Edit: Whoops, almost double posted :x

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
WOW! Now that twist would be right up Nomura's alley for sure. So in other words the Dark Guardian is Eraqus' heartless?

As of now there has been absolutely nothing that confirms the relation between the Guardian and Eraqus.

And truth be told, I don't see the resemblance between the Guardian's antennae and Eraqus' hair. Is it that the jagged antennae resemble that one lock of hair on the left side of Eraqus' face? That seems to be taking it to a stretch; jaggedness is a common feature across the designs of Heartless, Purebloods and Emblems alike.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I was talking more about what inspired their designs as game characters. Technically speaking, they both originated from the same game, that being KH1.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I thought chronologically Neoshadows appear in the game before the Guardian? In Ventus' flashback, we see him being surrounded by a swarm of Neoshadows, and that scene happened about four years prior to the events of BbS. The Guardian's first appearance was during the Aqua-Terranort battle, which is the final battle of BbS.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought chronologically Neoshadows appear in the game before the Guardian? In Ventus' flashback, we see him being surrounded by a swarm of Neoshadows, and that scene happened about four years prior to the events of BbS. The Guardian's first appearance was during the Aqua-Terranort battle, which is the final battle of BbS.
KH1.
We're talking about when the developers designed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back