• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subbed] KH Unchained X: Road to Union X / Meeting Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Japan added 5 new missions. It seems the Master of Masters had a lot more to say to Ava when he tasked her with forming the Dandelions, and all of it leads to the introduction of a certain individual.

Thanks to goldpanner, you can find out what happens by reading the translations, or watching the video with English subtitles below!

A secret talk for five—

When everything is over,
wait in his domain.

[It's the Keyblade Graveyard. A shadowy figure approaches, and is revealed to be Ephemera.]

Four other than you will appear: there shall be five.

[Ephemera looks around. A voice calls out behind him.]

???: I guess I'm the second?

[Ephemera turns around to find Skuld.]

Ephemera: Skuld…You, huh.

Skuld: You complaining? I for one assumed you'd be here, Ephemera.

Ephemera: No, I've been here with you once before, right? After the great battle.

I just didn't think you'd be chosen to be a leader too.

Skuld: It was meant to be a secret that we were chosen, after all, until the time came for the five of us to meet here.

Ephemera: I guess.

Skuld: In any case, I wonder who the other three are.

Ephemera: Yeah?

Until you showed up, Skuld, I only half believed what Lady Ava had said, so I hadn't even thought about who might come.

Skuld: Oh! Somebody's here.

[At another point in time, Ava speaks with the Master of Masters in his study.]

Master: What's written in the last page of the Book is gonna happen.

The entire world will be lost to darkness.

Ava: But Master, isn’t there anything we can do?

Master: Well, that's what brings me to your role.

You might just be the only hope of keeping light from expiring.

Ava: Hope?

Master, what is it that you need me to do?

Master: Don't get involved in any battles, forget the notion of Unions, find Keyblade wielders with potential, and create an entirely separate organization.

Then, like the seeds of a dandelion, let them fly to another world.

They will keep the light alive.

Ava: You really think that... I'm the right person for this?

Master: Ava, you’re the only person for this.

Ava: I understand.

Master: And then, after that…

[In another time, Ephemera meets with Ava on the cliffs overlooking Daybreak Town.]

Ava: Five have been chosen from among the Dandelions, including you.

I need you five to become the leaders that will head each Union in the future, and guide everyone.

I'm sure you'll feel a little more at ease if you're a leader.

Ephemera: A… leader?

[Back to Ava and the Master.]

Ava: Union Leaders?

Master: Yeah. When you've only got the Dandelions left, I've chosen five who can maintain the Unions.

Ava: Is it necessary to maintain them?

Master: Why, yes it is!

If the Unions weren't necessary I would have had no need for you five in the first place, right? Also, even if everything is annihilated, it is to be kept a secret from everyone but the five Union Leaders.

Ava: Huh?

Master: You won't need memories of tragedy in the coming era. 

I want you to go to a completely separate realm and experience for yourselves an age of no tragedy.

Ava: Is that even possible?

Master: Yeah, it will be, so don't sweat it.

First, these five.

[He hands Ava a slip of paper.]

Add the five written here to the Dandelions, and when the time comes, appoint them leaders.

Ava: Why is this child circled in red?

Master: Well, someday I want that kid to be the one to inherit the Tome of Prophecy.

Ava: Huh?

Master: The Tome is shaping the next world after this world, in many ways.

Without that, you won't get that experience I mentioned.

Ava: But, isn't it dangerous?

Master: Yeah, it'll be dangerous if anyone but little red circle there sees it.

So, make sure you only give it to them, and in secret.

Ava: Understood,

[Back to Ephemera and Skuld. Skuld approaches the 3rd wielder.]

Skuld: You're the third.

I'm Skuld, nice to meet you.

???: Um, yeah, you too.

Ephemera: Did you hear from Lady Ava too?

???: Yeah. She said when everything is over, she wanted me to come here… and be one of the five.

Ephemera: Okay.

[Ephemera approaches the mystery wielder and reaches out his hand.]

I'm Ephemera. Nice to meet you.

[IT'S VEN. He shakes Ephemera’s hand and introduces himself.]

Ven: I'm Ventus. But you can call me Ven.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Re: [Translated] KH Unchained X: Road to Union X / Meeting Ventus

Man, I really like the MoM as a character, like his personality and stuff. But I'm getting a little tired of how they are making literally everything "because of his doing". Like first it was that the Dandelions wasn't Ava's idea, and now it's that making Ephemer and Skuld dandelions wasn't even her idea either? Like, god, let the girl have some agency.

Awards

Even when it was untranslated I just knew Ven was gonna say "Call me Ven". :3

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Hmm, a couple things I noticed. The rough translations seem to have misinterpreted the child as being "dangerous", so I'm glad that has been cleared up. Also, it seems like the one who will inherit the tome has to be one of the new foretellers.

As much as I defend the MoM as a good guy, it does seem like he's setting the new foretellers up for distrust with his plan to tell one of them a secret and keep them from the rest. It feels like I'm watching Gula's investigation all over again.

So, basic notes: Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus, and two others were handpicked by the Master of Masters to be the new union foretellers post-war. The ending of X did occur, since Ephemer mentions to Skuld how they've been to the graveyard once before, post-battle. The war shall be kept from the players minds to their best ability, only known to the foretellers, and the master will send everyone to "a realm without tragedy", perhaps the unchained realm? Ava gives the tome of prophecy to Red Circle Kid, or RCK, and if RCK leaks the details of the book of prophecies to the rest of the foretellers it could potentially prove very dangerous.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

You know what? I'm done with this, Nomura. Stop adding questions to a series that already has too many! We all know you guys won't be able to answer everything in III, so stop it! Please! My heart can't take it!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Just as I thought about some parts of the translations being erronous in the rough draft (which was also pointed out by the poster itself).

That the Master of Masters "handpicked" five Keykids to become the second Union leaders and ordered Ava to include them in the Dandelions makes me somewhat suspicious though. What are the criteria he used to choose these five? Why "maintain" the unions? For what reason is that even necessary?

The reasoning for "equipping" the Dandelions with one copy of the Book of Prophecies I can understand though, as if I interpret it correctly that one will be the "blueprint" to re-create the world after everything goes to hell.
Operating from that separate realm the MoM mentions the Dandelions will venture out and slowly but surely rebuild the world that was nearly annihilated, but without actually knowing it.

In Re: Coded Maleficent speaks about the book having the power to "create entire worlds" according to one's wishes and with this taken into perspective too, it is clear as to why both Ava and the MoM perceive it as "dangerous".
In the wrong hands, this book could cause untold amounts of damage and since the world was restored to what we know as the setting of the main KH series, only small "drops" of light in a still dark ocean between with the "true light still sleeping" as Kairi's grandma put it, I can only assume that either the book did get in the wrong hands and the Dandelion leaders had to put up the current setting as a "patchwork" to prevent even greater damage (and the force represented by Xehanort is now trying to finish the job) or the one who got gifted with the book is responsible for the "next world" not being a fully restored one.
This could be either
- a) due to the one having the book going rogue/becoming evil/falling to darkness and thus becoming an actual traitor (if one of the two still unknown characters has golden eyes we might have a suspect on hand already)
or
- b) who- or whatever the dark force is that also first distributed the Guilt bangles and ushered in the creation of Nightmare Chirithy makes a move on the one holding the book, trying to force him/her to give it up and in the resulting struggle things to awry and the current setting of the world is erected to keep this force at bay because the Dandelion leaders can't defeat it permanently.
- c) the dark force tries to possess/enslave the one holding the book and thus hijacking it, the book holder possibly eventually sacrificing him-/herself to deny the dark force a victory, possibly together with the book, forcing the remaining Dandelion leaders to create the current setting again as a patchwork since they do not have the book anymore to "shape" things.

ImVentus

Awards

While I do like where this is going I'm actually also a little skeptical in still having there to be a possible rivalry between dandelions (not specifically Ephemer, Ven or Skuld, but the remains of them). Also we'll soon find out what's going on with Ven and why he's where he is. But since they called it an origin story it's very possible that we'll discover untold secrets about Ven's background.

Ava's role was to prepare the dandelions to flee the darkness and it's appeal to fight. Shouldn't the dandelions story instead focus on children rebuilding small fragments of light instead of yet another traitor event to take place.

This is very early to state but I really do hope that we won't repeat with yet another traitor arc for season 2. Discovery in Unchained Realm, Rebuild the world, Xehanort interfering. I would see more than a repeat of season 1.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

"RCK"? It's like the BHK stuff all over again and I love it. Bring it on!

I'm kind of confused, though... It sounds to me that Ava did choose the Dandelions herself, and then the MoM chose the five leaders from that list. But everyone else seems to be thinking that the MoM told Ava to put Ephemer and Skuld into the Dandelions from the get-go... Which seems contradictory to me, when Chi has her saying she chose Ephemer because he'd begun to question things, and then tested Skuld with Player before letting her in. But IDK.

Also? Can we call the "Mark of Mastery" the "Master Qualification Exam" now, as I believe it was called in the Japanese version of BbS? That way we won't have two "MoM" abbreviations?

But anyway, I am loving all of this! And I still can't tell what the Master of Master's true intentions are. Ahh!

@Sephiroth Didn't Dark Chirithy say that it was the Master of Masters who gave out the bangles?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I'm kind of confused, though... It sounds to me that Ava did choose the Dandelions herself, and then the MoM chose the five leaders from that list. But everyone else seems to be thinking that the MoM told Ava to put Ephemer and Skuld into the Dandelions from the get-go...
The scene with the Master of Masters happens before he disappears and is explaining the concept of the Dandelions /to/ Ava, so it's before she even has started to gather them that he already has a list of the five people he wants.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

Man, I really like the MoM as a character, like his personality and stuff. But I'm getting a little tired of how they are making literally everything "because of his doing". Like first it was that the Dandelions wasn't Ava's idea, and now it's that making Ephemer and Skuld dandelions wasn't even her idea either? Like, god, let the girl have some agency.
Actually I think it fits just fine in the theme we have seen in BC. So far everything that happend has been orchestrated by the MoM (or that's how I look at it). So him influencing in who the new Foretellers are doesn't come as a big suprise. She does have some agency though. It wasn't her idea, but she did manage to set up a whole new orginasation called Dandelions. Sure she didn't pick 5 of the wielders, but she did hand pick a dozen others. That takes skill.
Hmm, a couple things I noticed. The rough translations seem to have misinterpreted the child as being "dangerous", so I'm glad that has been cleared up. Also, it seems like the one who will inherit the tome has to be one of the new foretellers.

As much as I defend the MoM as a good guy, it does seem like he's setting the new foretellers up for distrust with his plan to tell one of them a secret and keep them from the rest. It feels like I'm watching Gula's investigation all over again.

So, basic notes: Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus, and two others were handpicked by the Master of Masters to be the new union foretellers post-war. The ending of X did occur, since Ephemer mentions to Skuld how they've been to the graveyard once before, post-battle. The war shall be kept from the players minds to their best ability, only known to the foretellers, and the master will send everyone to "a realm without tragedy", perhaps the unchained realm? Ava gives the tome of prophecy to Red Circle Kid, or RCK, and if RCK leaks the details of the book of prophecies to the rest of the foretellers it could potentially prove very dangerous.
I'm glad that issue got resolved as well. Took kind of a unexpected twist to be honest. I was fully focused on whether the Tome Keeper would be a good or a bad guy, but it turns out that leaking it would be a bad thing. I wonder why.

Even after BC you think he is a good guy? (genuine question)

But wouldn't all the other dandelions also know of the Keyblade War. So not only the Foretellers in this case.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Actually I think it fits just fine in the theme we have seen in BC. So far everything that happend has been orchestrated by the MoM (or that's how I look at it). So him influencing in who the new Foretellers are doesn't come as a big suprise. She does have some agency though. It wasn't her idea, but she did manage to set up a whole new orginasation called Dandelions. Sure she didn't pick 5 of the wielders, but she did hand pick a dozen others. That takes skill.
I didn't say it didn't fit with what we were shown in BC. I said I didn't like it.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

Something else I'm kind of confused about... The Master of Masters said he didn't want them to remember tragedy, right? So why does it seem like Skuld and Ephemer remember entering the Keyblade Graveyard at the end of X? Shouldn't that be a memory of tragedy he wouldn't want them to have?

Furthermore, why have them meet in the Keyblade Graveyard at all?! Shouldn't that give them trauma, that he wants them to avoid?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

I wonder who will get the Book of Prophecy.

I want to start guessing, but we don't even have all five yet.

Player will probably be one of them, right?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I wonder who will get the Book of Prophecy.

I want to start guessing, but we don't even have all five yet.

Player will probably be one of them, right?
i doubit since he would his own union each leader will have five unions like the fortller before then

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Something else I'm kind of confused about... The Master of Masters said he didn't want them to remember tragedy, right? So why does it seem like Skuld and Ephemer remember entering the Keyblade Graveyard at the end of X? Shouldn't that be a memory of tragedy he wouldn't want them to have?

Furthermore, why have them meet in the Keyblade Graveyard at all?! Shouldn't that give them trauma, that he wants them to avoid?

It's possible the MoM speaks only about regular Dandelions when he mentions the no-tragedy memories, not the five choosen "leaders".

Caxinuld

Awards

Did Ven time travel to the past? I can't think of any other explanation as to why he's appearing in Union Cross & has his BBS appearance.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

@Sephiroth That could make some sense, actually.

@Caxinuld The idea right now seems to be that either Ven is actually from the past, and somehow found his way into the future. Or that Ven actually wasn't there, but Union X is taking place in the Sleeping Realm and his heart is somehow messing with the world's dream and whatnot.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

In the wrong hands, this book could cause untold amounts of damage and since the world was restored to what we know as the setting of the main KH series, only small "drops" of light in a still dark ocean between with the "true light still sleeping" as Kairi's grandma put it, I can only assume that either the book did get in the wrong hands and the Dandelion leaders had to put up the current setting as a "patchwork" to prevent even greater damage (and the force represented by Xehanort is now trying to finish the job) or the one who got gifted with the book is responsible for the "next world" not being a fully restored one.
This could be either
- a) due to the one having the book going rogue/becoming evil/falling to darkness and thus becoming an actual traitor (if one of the two still unknown characters has golden eyes we might have a suspect on hand already)

What if they aren't going rogue on purpose?
The conflict between the Foretellers was born from their own good intentions. Maybe it'll happen again.

Perhaps the one who has the Book wants to use it to "set things right," but the other Leaders see their solution as destructive or wrong? Sort of like Aced choosing to disobey the Master.

If there is any villain character in χ, I think it's only the Master. The rest of them are just following their heart, to do what they think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back