• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subbed] KH Unchained X: Road to Union X / Meeting Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrawong

Due to how the scene transition between Ventus's entrance and the MoM's conversation with Ava. I think Ventus is likely to be the 'child circled in red' on the list, that they were talking about. It seems a bit too convenient. It would also make Xehanort's interest in him make lot more sense.

Also heres a question: can someone get trapped in the Book of Prophecies itself?

Its just a question that I thought of when I saw the English subbed cutscenes on the KHInsider youtube video. It could explain why Ventus never aged between the Chi era and the present (if he originally came from the KH chi era) and the loss of his memory between the two era's.

Though this is just an idea that I came up with, not a theory.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm personally keeping the faith for the old theory that Yen Sid has the Book of Prophecy today, so I figure whoever gets the book will be the progenitor of his line of wielders.

An idea you came up with about a plot... is a theory, though? :confused:

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I still think the Master of Masters is doing good things. The scene with Ava in Back Cover still proves to me that he still has a bit of good in him, as he is clearly very intent on keeping the world safe after the war is over. The way he just says "Ava... you're the only person for this." still gets to me, and I can't be content on saying he's just a straight-up bad guy yet. EVEN WITH the weird scene with Luxu.
I actually look at it from the opposite direction. I think he deliberately sets them up to fail. He makes sure there will be distrust between the Foretellers. Look at what he did in BC and how he divided the roles between Foretellers. And now he will only give 1 Foreteller a BoP and insists on that person being secret about it.
My thoughts exactly. Plus, when you really think about it, present day Ventus would have wanted to know a way of communicating with Terra and Aqua as opposed to signing to a permanent contract as a Dandelion with Master Ava (had he not originated from the X era).
Well as much as all our protagonists like to find their friends, we know that they also don't mind helping the residents of the Worlds. In BBS Ventus was at first only searching for Terra, yet he helped enough people along the way. Why couldn't he do the same thing now? Would this mission take a bit longer? Yes. Do you think he thought about that? No. And then again, we still don't know how the state of his mind is and what he remembers and what not.
Due to how the scene transition between Ventus's entrance and the MoM's conversation with Ava. I think Ventus is likely to be the 'child circled in red' on the list, that they were talking about. It seems a bit too convenient. It would also make Xehanort's interest in him make lot more sense.
I had the same thought too. But wouldn't it be a bit too obvious that he would be the one to inherit a BoP?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't mean to sound crass, but we knew this well before the games even told us their confirmed names.
IsuspectedIwassuper late but I never kept track of chi until about the time 2.8 was released and even now I've only seen the main cutscenes as that's about it.
But that make it pretty obvious that MoM / Superb is a villain and not the amazing savior or anything

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm sure someone's already said this on a previous page (unfortunately, I'm too lazy to go back and look right now. Sorry about that. ^_^'), but the Master of Masters not wanting the Dandelions to have "memories of tragedy", or whatever, is probably why Player thought fighting in the Keyblade War was just a dream in Unchained Episode 0. His/her memory was most likely tampered with.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, I still think the Master of Masters is doing good things. The scene with Ava in Back Cover still proves to me that he still has a bit of good in him, as he is clearly very intent on keeping the world safe after the war is over. The way he just says "Ava... you're the only person for this." still gets to me, and I can't be content on saying he's just a straight-up bad guy yet. EVEN WITH the weird scene with Luxu.

"intent of keeping the world safe" is a little questionable if he still insists on keeping the Unions and the Book of Prophecies around even in the Unchained realm where the Dandelions reside. The Dandelions are supposed to be one group with the task of keeping the light alive, so why split them apart into five competing factions yet again?
That reeks of either malevolent intentions or plain stupidity considering what happened in the original age of fairytales shown in Browser-Chi and if I am really honest I am getting a bit tired of even Lady Ava being nothing but a blank yes-woman who follows every single order of the MoM without once using her own brain totally contrary to what she told Ephemer in their conversation at the fountain.

I feel bad for Roxas. He's Sora's nobody with Ventus' form.

And that has to do with Ventus being somehow present in the X[chi]-era exactly how?
Nowhere did anything relating to Roxas pop up as far as I can tell.

Also heres a question: can someone get trapped in the Book of Prophecies itself?

Its just a question that I thought of when I saw the English subbed cutscenes on the KHInsider youtube video. It could explain why Ventus never aged between the Chi era and the present (if he originally came from the KH chi era) and the loss of his memory between the two era's.

It is certainly a possibility although at the same time Ven, Ephemer or Skuld getting it might be too obvious, to "easily fitting" and thus it might be actually one of the two still unknown leaders who gets it.
The mere fact that Ventus somehow has a connection to at least the Unchained Realm and the X[chi]-era alone could explain Xehanort's higher than usual interest in him.
It may even be set up as yet another neat foil to Sora, who's supposed to be just an ordinary normal boy, as regardless of how exactly this will play out, I think one can be assured by now that Ventus is anything but a normal ordinary boy.

In Re: Coded Mickey, Donald and Goofy could get into the digitized journal, as could Maleficent and Pete.
Not to forget Pooh's book too, which IS a world inside a book to begin with (and I would wonder if anyone doubts that Pooh and his friends are real "people" with real hearts), so being inside the BoP or in one of the copies of it is surely possible.
We do not know specifics but it does seem that while one is inside one of these books, time on the outside continues to run so if someone would stay in the book (and it wouldn't get destroyed somehow) he/she could very well "endure" whole millenniums passing by on the outside without truly aging, similar to how the Realm of Sleep works as well since worlds there are also kept in "limbo" with real time not flowing at all.

A theory is just a more fleshed out idea with some additional material like possible hints or evidence added on top, lol, so yours is certainly the basis of a theory in any case. ^__^

I'm sure someone's already said this on a previous page (unfortunately, I'm too lazy to go back and look right now. Sorry about that. ^_^'), but the Master of Masters not wanting the Dandelions to have "memories of tragedy", or whatever, is probably why Player thought fighting in the Keyblade War was just a dream in Unchained Episode 0. His/her memory was most likely tampered with.

When there are news around more often than not the thread moves so fast forward that some things get buried either way, so it should be fine.

Good observation, that would indeed be a fitting explanation for these parts of Unchained 0.
Having his/her memory being tampered with would however rule out him/her being one of the five new leaders as the MoM said that
Also, even if everything is annihilated, it is to be kept a secret from everyone but the five Union Leaders.
implying that the five chosen would retain the memories of the downfall of the old world and the gruesome final battle.

Luffi45

Or there's the obvious explanation that Unchained 0 happens before the real battle, and just like has happened before in X[chi], the player is dreaming of events they otherwise wouldn't know of, ie. they dreamed the future before it happened. So while it hadn't happened yet, and what we played was a dream, it will eventually happen.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Is it possible that Unchained took place in the real world and the dandelions were sent in to the book of prophecies where they created the worlds outside from within the book?
I'm guessing not considering how we only visit "holographic" worlds and never actually leave Daybreak Town completely but I found that to be an interesting idea.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Sephiroth I think Vasquez probably brought up Roxas, because if Ventus is a Dandelion... That means the poor kid even moreso now never had the chance to have his own identity, if he looks like a guy from maybe thousands of years ago in the past.

And, yeah. At this point, I'm really thinking that Player won't be one of the leaders--as much as it kind of sucks. Mainly because if he/she was, and--for whatever reason--he/she was the one to get the Book of Prophecies, we'd want to read through it in a menu and we all know the game won't let us do that. So having Player not be a leader just eliminates any chance of that--and us players complaining about not having information that we should canonically have, if he/she was a leader.

Honestly, reading you guys' theories about the Dandelions maybe being in the Book of Prophecies makes me think of Hirokey's idea about all of KH taking place in a storybook. I swear that that theory makes more and more sense to me everyday. It would explain a lot of the more questionable things in this series. o_0

Also, if the Book of Prophecies is in KHIII--and the Dandelions are in it, or whatever--please don't make us have to protect it from Heartless, like we had to Pooh's storybook. That's all I ask. Learn from your mistakes, SDG! And make sure that nothing can happen to that book!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth I think Vasquez probably brought up Roxas, because if Ventus is a Dandelion... That means the poor kid even moreso now never had the chance to have his own identity, if he looks like a guy from maybe thousands of years ago in the past.

And, yeah. At this point, I'm really thinking that Player won't be one of the leaders--as much as it kind of sucks. Mainly because if he/she was, and--for whatever reason--he/she was the one to get the Book of Prophecies, we'd want to read through it in a menu and we all know the game won't let us do that. So having Player not be a leader just eliminates any chance of that--and us players complaining about not having information that we should canonically have, if he/she was a leader.

Uhm wat?
That like doesn't make any sense?
In regards to Roxas there doesn't change anything at all since Ventus and him never had any connection or similarity beyond the appearance, and that whole appearance-thing is something that was already there since Ven was introduced in KH 2 FM/BBS. Just because we're now very likely to learn more about Ventus' background doesn't really mean any change in his (so far non-existent anyways) relationship with Roxas.
Furthermore, Roxas already has his own identity, he developed one remember?
These theories that he gets into yet another identity crisis because of Ventus are already around ever since it was made clear that they're two entirely different beings, making it in no form less of a total rehash/repeat of an arc he already went through in Days and KH 2, which would essentially undo all the character development he had, including the events shown with Data-Sora and Sora in Re: Coded and DDD.

Honestly, reading you guys' theories about the Dandelions maybe being in the Book of Prophecies makes me think of Hirokey's idea about all of KH taking place in a storybook. I swear that that theory makes more and more sense to me everyday. It would explain a lot of the more questionable things in this series. o_0

Also, if the Book of Prophecies is in KHIII--and the Dandelions are in it, or whatever--please don't make us have to protect it from Heartless, like we had to Pooh's storybook. That's all I ask. Learn from your mistakes, SDG! And make sure that nothing can happen to that book!

Urgh. It being all in a storybook is, at least in my view, only one step above the dreaded "is was all a dream"-twist, so I certainly hope that won't be the case.

I'd say that the BoP will be certainly in KH III in some form, although I certainly do not see it kept anywhere near SDG like Pooh's book since unlike this one, the BoP is way more crucial to the universe at large and could probably even count as a sort of weapon considering its abilities.

"Make sure nothing can happen to that book", lol, considering the tragedies that have already been transpired thanks to this book and the people who blindly follow it I personally would probably rather tempted to deliberately destroy it in order to allow the universe a truly free future rather than a predetermined one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back