• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subbed] KH Unchained X: Road to Union X / Meeting Ventus

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: [Translated] KH Unchained X: Road to Union X / Meeting Ventus

Did Ven time travel to the past? I can't think of any other explanation as to why he's appearing in Union Cross & has his BBS appearance.

It's actually his pre-BBS appearance which he had during the flashbacks in BBS which take place four years before BBS (the scenes with Xehanort and the Neoshadows, when he first comes to Land of Departure etc.) as he his missing his shoulder pauldron and the crossing cheststraps.
It's also depicted on his first awakening platform (after Sora stabilizes him in the Prologue, only viewable in the PSP version as they somehow used the false, later station picture of Ven from the finale here too in the Remasters).
Worlds01%20-%20AP02.png

Note him not having the cheststraps and the shoulder pauldron, just like now in Union Cross.

@Sephiroth That could make some sense, actually.

Would at least explain it without any hickups.

What if they aren't going rogue on purpose?
The conflict between the Foretellers was born from their own good intentions. Maybe it'll happen again.

Perhaps the one who has the Book wants to use it to "set things right," but the other Leaders see their solution as destructive or wrong? Sort of like Aced choosing to disobey the Master.

If there is any villain character in χ, I think it's only the Master. The rest of them are just following their heart, to do what they think is best.

Don't you think that would be a rather repetitive endeavour, not to mention counterproductive to the "experience without tragedy" the MoM implies he wants?
Sure, the end result would not be destruction this time but a "botched" restoration attempt, but when I consider Nomura's words about a "great diverge and upheaval" I have a hard time believing it going down more or less the same as with the first Foretellers in X and Back Cover.

So the Master is the one who distributed the Guilt Bangles then and who ushered in the creation of Nightmare Chirithy?
In Back Cover all five of the Foretellers state if I recall correctly that none of them created or distributed these bangles.

The rise and constant strengthening of Darkness is certainly tied to these bangles and what Nightmare Chirithy explains in Browser Chi also points in this direction, so I'd theorize that whoever distributed the bangles (or rather, who ordered that Chirithy to distribute them) is the "villain" who stands behind the whole thing.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Don't you think that would be a rather repetitive endeavour, not to mention counterproductive to the "experience without tragedy" the MoM implies he wants?
Frankly, I don't trust a word out of his mouth. He insists that Unions are necessary, but clearly the decision to split off into tribes like that was the fountainhead of tragedy the first time. Why should it be any different now?

I mean, only one of the Leaders having a Book (even if in secret) can't possibly lead to good things.
Sure, the end result would not be destruction this time but a "botched" restoration attempt, but when I consider Nomura's words about a "great diverge and upheaval" I have a hard time believing it going down more or less the same as with the first Foretellers in X and Back Cover.
Would the red circle being possessed to cause conflict be that much different, really?

So the Master is the one who distributed the Guilt Bangles then and who ushered in the creation of Nightmare Chirithy?
In Back Cover all five of the Foretellers state if I recall correctly that none of them created or distributed these bangles.
The Nightmare says something along the lines of "you think the Master hadn't predicted this, too?"
Whether he created/distributed the Bangles himself doesn't matter so much as the fact that he knew it was happening.

The rise and constant strengthening of Darkness is certainly tied to these bangles and what Nightmare Chirithy explains in Browser Chi also points in this direction, so I'd theorize that whoever distributed the bangles (or rather, who ordered that Chirithy to distribute them) is the "villain" who stands behind the whole thing.
With the current info we have, I can only see that person being the Master.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Frankly, I don't trust a word out of his mouth. He insists that Unions are necessary, but clearly the decision to split off into tribes like that was the fountainhead of tragedy the first time. Why should it be any different now?

Certainly a good point.
His insistence on the Unions being maintained is also what bothers me the most among all the things revealed here story wise, especially after just three sentences prior telling Ava to ignore the notion of Unions.
But who knows, maybe Alliances are not forbidden this time around and unless Ava imparted the Master's teachings on all five of the new leaders, I do not see why they should be bound to follow his "rules", so things could at least partially take a different turn this time around.
Considering that Skuld, Ephemer and Ventus introduce themselves to each other it's also likely the new five are not as "close" as the original Foretellers were who were all studying under the same Master.

Nonetheless, I think we have an answer for that scene now where Ephemer sneaks into the Foreteller's tower at night and meets a mysterious Coaty. That's the MoM approaching Ephemer.

I mean, only one of the Leaders having a Book (even if in secret) can't possibly lead to good things.
Would the red circle being possessed to cause conflict be that much different, really?
I'd say that really depends on who actually has the book and how he/she handles it as well as if the other four find out about it or not.

The main problem of the original Foretellers was twofold in that they a) followed the book to a T (and Ira getting upset over events happening which are not in the book) and b) blindly follow the Master's teachings without thinking critically and for themselves (Aced is the only one to break somewhat free of this, as while Ava states while conversing with Ephemer that she thinks thinking for yourself and pursue the truth with open eyes is the correct way to go about things, she herself does not act upon this realization, she continues to follow the Master's teachings like a trained puppy.

Strangely, that reminds me of Eraqus' and Xehanort's chess scene where they talk about the Keyblade War and the Lost Masters.
At one point, Xehanort tells Eraqus he can "drop the facade", implying that Eraqus was privy to some information Xehanort was not but which he got to know anyways somehow.

As I made these three possible "scenarios" up on a whim I'm plenty sure they've all already happened in some variation throughout the whole series, yet only one of them has so far in the X-era-subseries.

The Nightmare says something along the lines of "you think the Master hadn't predicted this, too?"
Whether he created/distributed the Bangles himself doesn't matter so much as the fact that he knew it was happening.

With the current info we have, I can only see that person being the Master.

True, the Nightmare Chirithy did say something along these lines.

I'm certainly not ruling out the MoM being the "villain" and possibly being the great mastermind behind all, also since Nomura said he won't appear in KH III, so there is the prospect of him being set up as the main villain (or antagonist, if he's not outright "evil") for the new saga.

But who knows, maybe the MoM isn't the villain himself but knows who the villain is yet also knows that he himself or his students can't stop him/her by themselves.
In that case, maybe he's using Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus and the other Dandelions to "buy time" for a contingency plan to come to fruition which also involves that mysterious box and the "current" heroes SRK, MDG, TAV (including present day Ventus if the Union-cross version is truly a past one) and all their allies in order to finally confront the villain (the one with the sigil) in a scenario that is actually winnable.
In this case, everything that happened/happens in X[chi]/Back Cover and Unchained/Union Cross is about the same deal as what happened in BBS, KH 1, KH 2 and DDD, in-between steps to derail/slow down the villain's progress in order to prepare a sufficient force for the final clash (KH III).

Hirokey123

Awards

I'm still waiting for a line from the MoM's mouth that doesn't just sound like pure evil wrapped in violets. >.>

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated with an English subbed video :D

[video=youtube;zizn7D3lbzA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=436&v=zizn7D3lbzA[/video]

Luxu

Awards

Honestly, when I heard about the Ventus being a Union Leader. I screamed, the hype is real. But now I wonder who the other two are, one I have an idea of. But not the last one... I wonder who is supposed to carry the book and reshape the worlds.

I wonder who will get the Book of Prophecy.

I want to start guessing, but we don't even have all five yet.

Player will probably be one of them, right?

I think the Player being one is highly likely, being the "main" protagonist (To us at least) And proving themselves to have an abnormally strong heart. To the point of fighting four Foretellers in a row and not perishing or letting exhaustion get to them...But it did in the end. Also, the Player refused to be a Dandelion. And Ava insisted that they become one in the Keyblade Graveyard, and it got to the the point that Ephemera and Skuld had to save them. Because I think more to it exists, than just saving a close friend. So yes, once again. I think, that it is highly likely.

As a matter of fact, I think our Player MAY be the one to get the Book of Prophecies if they are a Foreteller Replacement. Because they are the only one, as far as we know (Besides Luxu). Who saw and fought in the events that the Book was made to warn of.

I will stand by this statement though, I refuse to change my mind about it.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Someone will make fanart of this.
They've held hands, it's canon.
Also I would say Skuld's got competition but she hasn't been kidnapped enough to be in the running.

I'm tired of the Master. It's disappointing that Nomura thinks a hammed up Xehanort counts towards cast diversity. It might help if his role in the story was even a little unpredictable.
We were told ad nauseum that Back Cover was all about getting to know the Foretellers as characters, and then nothing they do has lasting consequence beyond the Master of Master's prescribed end game. At this point they're just stand-ins for the main cast, prohibited from resolving any of the crises or plot points attributed to them because they are those plot points, disguised now and then with a sprinkle of colorful dialogue and reactionary histrionics, the occasional mimicry of character writing. And now this, consigned to a sales ploy promising the eventual involvement of the main cast (from the future! er?) who we're really supposed to care about, and the oh-so-provocative twist of these five new Foretellers: another glorifying tribute to the series' diminishing structure.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

The Master handpicking the new Union leaders makes sense. Do you remember the flashback when Ephemer disappeared and someone watched him from the shadows? That was the master alright, even though he had already vanished/dimmed etc. at this point.

It's actually his pre-BBS appearance which he had during the flashbacks in BBS which take place four years before BBS (the scenes with Xehanort and the Neoshadows, when he first comes to Land of Departure etc.) as he his missing his shoulder pauldron and the crossing cheststraps.
It's also depicted on his first awakening platform (after Sora stabilizes him in the Prologue, only viewable in the PSP version as they somehow used the false, later station picture of Ven from the finale here too in the Remasters).
Worlds01%20-%20AP02.png
As someone checked if this station is back in BBSFM of the PS4 version? Accidentally or not, it was removed for the HD 2.5 ReMIX.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think Ventus is from the KHx era. If Ventus was told by Ava to meet with the other four newly chosen Union leaders, then he must have memories from the War. And if he has those memories, it means that he isn't present day Ven, seeing as how present day Ventus would have only experienced Union x by having his sleeping heart travel the Realm of Sleep, and not the original conflict from centuries ago, thus not having memories from that period of history.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Ephemera</strong>: No, I've been here with you once before, right? After the great battle.</p>
<p>I just didn't think you'd be chosen to be a leader too.</p>
</blockquote>

Hang on."After the great battle?" Are they implying that this scene actually takes place aftethe ending of Browser X? Because that's what Ephemer's wording is making me think.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hang on."After the great battle?" Are they implying that this scene actually takes place aftethe ending of Browser X? Because that's what Ephemer's wording is making me think.
I mean… yeah? It plays in the Keyblade Graveyard after all, and not in any badlands, so

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Actually I think it fits just fine in the theme we have seen in BC. So far everything that happend has been orchestrated by the MoM (or that's how I look at it). So him influencing in who the new Foretellers are doesn't come as a big suprise. She does have some agency though. It wasn't her idea, but she did manage to set up a whole new orginasation called Dandelions. Sure she didn't pick 5 of the wielders, but she did hand pick a dozen others. That takes skill.

I'm glad that issue got resolved as well. Took kind of a unexpected twist to be honest. I was fully focused on whether the Tome Keeper would be a good or a bad guy, but it turns out that leaking it would be a bad thing. I wonder why.

Even after BC you think he is a good guy? (genuine question)

But wouldn't all the other dandelions also know of the Keyblade War. So not only the Foretellers in this case.

Yeah, I still think the Master of Masters is doing good things. The scene with Ava in Back Cover still proves to me that he still has a bit of good in him, as he is clearly very intent on keeping the world safe after the war is over. The way he just says "Ava... you're the only person for this." still gets to me, and I can't be content on saying he's just a straight-up bad guy yet. EVEN WITH the weird scene with Luxu.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If the master actually want to make a world free from sin I bet I know what's in that box, ha ha, I called it first guys, that's Pandora's box and all the sins from the last age are gathered within it, that's why the sixth disciple was standing in the middle of it all in the beginning of BBS V.2 (yes I'm still calling it that...) he was gathering sin.
Somehow it can enter the box without opening it but it can't exit, the master knew this because he put the sins out there in the first place.
I told you guys it was Pandora's box but would you listen? Noooo!
ha ha, it's too perfect, sorry for the spoilers everybody :)
(I made a thread a while back about the symbolic references to Pandora's Box)

Something else I'm kind of confused about... The Master of Masters said he didn't want them to remember tragedy, right? So why does it seem like Skuld and Ephemer remember entering the Keyblade Graveyard at the end of X? Shouldn't that be a memory of tragedy he wouldn't want them to have?

Furthermore, why have them meet in the Keyblade Graveyard at all?! Shouldn't that give them trauma, that he wants them to avoid?
That remind me of Frost when the trolls say that Elsa need to learn to control her abilities with the power of love before scaring the shit out of her and tell her parents to lock her up her entire life.

Edit - Now the question become what sin is made of? his left eye perhaps? or the masters fractured heart?
When a heart is freed from it's vessel it return to KH from whence it was created, if the master did fractured his heart in to a billion pieces they should return to source once they are freed from their vessel as well - the keyblades rotting away in KBG.

Remind me of this swedish song every girl ran around singing when I was little lol;
"Everything can break apart, a heart can fall in a thousand pieces"

Edit 2 - He's perfectly replicating the events that happened outside with KH inside of himself, is this how he plan to be reborn as a God?
It's a really clever plan I most say.

Anyway, yes, I'm calling MoM a nobody, he perfectly strike me as someone lacking any sense of empathy the way he talk, he's always acting and never take anything seriously, if that was a real dude I wouldn't trust him with anything.
He's the perfect representation of our time, IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!
That kind of attitude.

"I just did it for the lulz"

(that smiley movie sucked but I love that quote ha ha)

Edit 3 - The master could potentially still be a good guy somehow, I will not make up my mind 100% about that, perhaps he sacrificed his heart so that he could contain the darkness of the world but he was not the one who spread it.
Another thing though - Lux = Light - LuxU = Light in You?
Light outside vs light inside? just something to speculate about?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think Ventus is from the KHx era. If Ventus was told by Ava to meet with the other four newly chosen Union leaders, then he must have memories from the War. And if he has those memories, it means that he isn't present day Ven, seeing as how present day Ventus would have only experienced Union x by having his sleeping heart travel the Realm of Sleep, and not the original conflict from centuries ago, thus not having memories from that period of history.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, when you really think about it, present day Ventus would have wanted to know a way of communicating with Terra and Aqua as opposed to signing to a permanent contract as a Dandelion with Master Ava (had he not originated from the X era).

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

DefiantHeart

Awards

Heh, them talking about second, third, kinda reminds me of that weird vision I had last year. Just like my weird vision of Link traveling across mountain tops and then he does in Breath of the Wild... weird coincidences... but thash just the result of limitations I'm sure.

I almost lost faith in Nomu-Nomu... but it seems my first impressions of him still holds. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back